BSS Cinderace

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
:ss/cinderace:
Cinderace-Gmax @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch / Zen Headbutt
- Bounce / Iron Head

Cinderace has cemented itself as one of the biggest threats in BSS thanks to the combination of its blistering Speed, wide coverage hitting many top-tier Pokemon like Dragapult, Porygon2, Urshifu, and Toxapex super effectively, and ability in Libero granting it STAB on every move. With Dynamax, Cinderace can further benefit from its colorful movepool enabling useful moves such as Max Airstream, Max Knuckle, and Max Mindstorm. Gigantamax Cinderace's G-Max Fireball also has a merit of ignoring Mimikyu's Disguise, which is usually an obstacle for many other Dynamax sweepers. Water- and Grass-type attackers like Urshifu-R, Rotom-W, and Rillaboom can handle Ground- and Water-types such as Hippowdon and Azumarill, which Cinderace may struggle against.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
I might add a mention of Sash Counter stuff since that adds another layer of flexibility that makes Cinderace such a threat. It might be something that warrants its own set though since that's something that the analysis was debating, so maybe not necessary to slash it in. It might be simpler to just make mention of it in the paragraph for the sake of keeping the set simple.

Probably incredibly nitpicky and not worth changing, but Snorlax has fallen off a bit lately so it might be slightly out of place in those mentions. I suspect it'll pick up again even though it'll never make it back to the top, it's already climbed back up to nearly top 30 usage at least, compared to the 40s at the start of the meta. Definitely still a meta threat though, just wanted to make that comment.

Mostly minor comments though, I'd say this is otherwise just fine as is so consider this checked.

Egor

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
I might add a mention of Sash Counter stuff since that adds another layer of flexibility that makes Cinderace such a threat. It might be something that warrants its own set though since that's something that the analysis was debating, so maybe not necessary to slash it in. It might be simpler to just make mention of it in the
Honestly I'm not very sure if a mention of the SashCounter set would fit there, since this spotlight, as it is written, is intended to serve as a general overview of Cinderace, and specifics might not be the best things to include. I will add this mention if you really wish to see it, though

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Checking again it seems that Sash Counter only makes up about 10% of Cinderace usage, so if you're hesitant I'd say it's fine to leave it out of this. Still a useful option but not a defining feature for Cinderace by any means.

Egor

RoAPL Champion
sending to gp then

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments

GP 1/1

garchompstamp.gif

:ss/cinderace:
Cinderace-Gmax @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch / Zen Headbutt
- Bounce / Iron Head

Cinderace has cemented itself as one of the hugest biggest (Mostly a subjective change; I think the use of "biggest" here sounds a lot better) threats in BSS thanks to the combination of its blistering Speed, wide coverage hitting many top-tier Pokemon like Dragapult, Porygon2, Urshifu, and Toxapex super effectively, and ability in Libero granting it a STAB on every move. With Dynamax, Cinderace can further benefit from its colorful movepool enabling useful moves such as Max Airstream, Max Knuckle, and Max Mindstorm. Gigantamax Cinderace's G-Max Fire Ball Fireball also has a merit of ignoring Mimikyu's Disguise, which is usually an obstacle for many other Dynamax sweepers. Water- and Grass-type attackers like Urshifu-RS Urshifu-R, Rotom-W, and Rillaboom can handle Ground- and Water-types such as Hippowdon and Azumarill, which Cinderace may struggle against.

Egor

RoAPL Champion
did^ ty, the spotlight is done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)