Survivor Circus Survivor Season IV: WON BY DLE, EPISODIC RECAP IN DISCORD READ OP

I'm glad you all had fun in the past 24 hours!

Nobody on either tribe defeated Christopher Robin. We move on to looking at people who cleared Tigger.

On Tribe Rufflet, Aura Guardian was the only person who cleared Tigger. On Tribe Vullaby, Zorbees, DLE, and Jalmont all cleared Tigger.

By a score of 3-1, Vullabies win. Tribe Rufflet, you will head to Tribal Council where one of the four of you will be sent to Redemption Island.

You have until 7pm tomorrow Central time to submit your votes.

Viper voted out at the last tribal council.

Viper and ajhockeystar are the two last people on Redemption Island. One of them will now have the opportunity to return to the game.

They have 24 hours to complete their Redemption Island challenge. In the meantime, everyone remaining in the game has the same amount of time to agree on a tribe name.

INDIVIDUAL IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: FINAL 11
Chroma Blast

First things first. Viper has been brought back to the game. AJ, you've become the first Jury member. Take your spot on the bench. Unlike other eliminated players, you may not converse with people outside of the game after your elimination. Instead, at the end of the game, you must cast a vote for someone to be the sole survivor.

In this challenge, you will be playing an arcade game called Chroma Blast. It is available on steam and you must play it there. The rules are simple as there is only one mode...get the highest number of points as you can!

If you don't have steam, download it for free. Install the free game Chroma Blast. It is available on all platforms. https://store.steampowered.com/app/653220/Chroma_Blast/

This step is quite important: You must add me on steam so that I can see your high scores. Here is my steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063126568

Then play! The person with the highest score wins individual immunity. Obviously cheating this game is not allowed for this challenge. If you've played this game before and have existing scores on your leaderboards, pm me and we'll figure something out

Challenge ends 7pm tomorrow Central time, at which point I'll check for the highest score on my friends list. That person will win individual immunity, the rest of you will be sent to Tribal Council where somebody will be voted off for good.

Last edited:
I have been informed that you cannot add friends on steam unless you've spent 5 dollars. If you have not spent 5 dollars on steam, then I'm afraid you cannot participate in this challenge.

In addition, I'm happy to announce that for $10, you will receive an advantage in this game. It may put you at an advantage for a future challenge, or it may be the ability to see another players discord logs, or it may even be a hidden immunity idol! The possibilities are endless. To stress, you absolutely do not need to buy advantages to win survivor. But I think they can be a fun addition as long as you don't feel forced to engage with them in order to progress.

i'm just trolling just take a screencap of your local high score screen if you can't add me

To put all this in perspective, I couldn't even manage pass 10000 points.

In 3rd place, and 3rd place on the global leaderboards, DLE with 11,978,266 points.
In 2nd place, and 2nd on the global leaderboards, 3P1K has 122,890,314!
And in 1st place, currently holding the 1st spot on the global leaderboards, Jalmont has 126,340,432, edging out 3P1K by what must have been a mere matter of seconds.

Tribe Poopity Scoop, you have been sent to Tribal Council. Your votes are due tomorrow at 7pm Central time. You may not vote for Jalmont.

I'll share some details about the next challenge. It is by no means live, but there is a tiebreak mechanic that might come into play. The tiebreak is by time of submission, meaning that it may benefit you to be online at deadline (tomorrow at 7pm Central time). To stress, this is not a live challenge and you will not need to be online at that time to win. I'm really just giving this disclaimer out of an abundance of caution.

All votes are in. I will now reveal the results.

The person voted out will leave the discord and will place 11th in this season, and become the 2nd Jury member

1st vote: Aura Guardian

2nd vote: Aura Guardian.

3rd vote: Trace. We're at two votes Aura, one vote Trace

4th vote: Trace. We're tied.

5th vote: Trace. Trace leads, three votes trace, two votes Aura

6th vote: Aura. Tied again.

7th vote: Aura. Aura leads 4-3

8th vote: Aura. Aura leads 5-3.

9th vote, and 2nd Jury member of Circus Survivor Season IV, Aura Guardian.

After Ullar's stint at replacement, he asked whether or not we could fit in a challenge that he had an idea for. I asked him what it was. It turns out that it's a carbon copy of an idea that I had early on but eventually scrapped because I couldn't make it work. I picked this challenge to replace (which was originally just straight up copying something from a previous Genius Game), and after many different iterations over dozens of hours of trial and error over the last week, I'm proud to present to you...

INDIVIDUAL IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: FINAL 10
Horse Racing, But With More Ignominious Death

12 peasants have wandered into a dungeon. The dungeon consists of 8 rooms, each with enemies that must be defeated. The peasants are physically weak and poorly educated. You must choose individual peasants to train, and more importantly, you must bet on the room that each peasant will die in. The more accurately you bet the order in which peasants will die, the more points you will accrue. The survivor with the most points wins.

There are three distinct mechanics in this challenge: Buffing, Combat, and Scoring. I'll explain them one by one. But here's an overview of the challenge.

OVERVIEW:
Each survivor possesses 5 tokens with which to affect stats and available spells of each character. You must submit the distribution of your 4 buff tokens and your 1 nerf token.

You must submit an ordered list of the 12 peasants and the room you expect each to die in.

All submissions are final and should be given to me by Saturday 7pm central time. You may submit your token usage separately from your scoring list, but both must be complete (i.e. you can't submit one token at a time)

On Sunday afternoon, Ullar will run the simulation and you will be invited to spectate. The simulation will determine what room each peasant dies in. I will then compare the results of the simulation to the results of your predictions. The survivor with the best prediction wins.

Buffing:

Each of you have been given 5 tokens. 4 of these are buff tokens, 1 of them is a nerf token.

There are 12 peasants who are traversing this dungeon. These are the stat sheets for each of the peasants.
THE PEASANTS:

A simple woodcutter by trade, he's a bit rough around the edges. Nice enough if you get to know him, though! His handaxe packs a sharp edge!

Jim, who keeps to himself
Init +0; Atk handaxe (3)
AC 12; HP 11;
Strength +0; Stamina +1; Agility +0; Luck +0
SV Fort +1, Ref +0, Will +0;
Lucky Bonus: Reflex

He was never really liked around town. Credula always was passionate about being a grave digger...but will he wind up digging one of his own?

Creepy Credula
Init +1; Atk shovel (1)
AC 11; HP 6;
Strength +0; Stamina -1; Agility +1; Luck -1
SV Fort -1, Ref +1, Will -1;
(Un)Lucky Bonus: damage
Special: The real reason for Credula's unluck is that he made some dark pacts with the Vullaby of Night that didn't go too well. He picked up some tricks along the way, though, which allows him to cast the following spells twice per combat if they're assigned to him: Enlarge, Flaming Hands, Magic Missile.

An elven barrister by trade, he's always seen justice done in the courtroom alongside his sister, Merisiel. Will he see the same thing in the Crucible?

Heldalel the Just
Init -1; Atk thrown quills (2)
AC 10; HP 8;
Strength +0; Stamina +0; Agility -1; Luck +0
SV Fort +0, Ref -1, Will +0;
Lucky Bonus: initiative

A young girl just blossoming into her teenage years as a farmer, she seeks adventure alongside her faithful chicken companion. His name is Bawkers. He bites.

Ileosa, Who Has a Pet
Init -1; Atk thrown quills (3)
AC 12; HP 8;
Strength +1; Stamina +1; Agility +2; Luck +0
SV Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +0;
Lucky Bonus: Armor Class
Special: If Ileosa is reduced to 0 hp, Bawkers joins the fray in a rage. He is absentminded, though, so only participates for one battle (assuming he doesn't die). You cannot buff Bawkers. His statistics are as follows, and he acts on Ileosa's previous initiative:

Bawkers the Angry Chicken
Atk beak (1)
AC 8; HP 4;
Strength +0; Stamina -3; Agility -2; Luck +1
SV Fort -3; Ref -2; Will +1
Lucky Bonus: to be alive

Martha has always been a pious priest of the Benevolent Rufflet. Will her god reward her in this challenge, or will her faith desert her?

Martha the Good-Hearted
Init +0; Atk staff (3)
AC 10; HP 10;
Strength +1; Stamina +1; Agility +0; Luck +0
SV Fort +1, Ref +0, Will +0;
Lucky Bonus: Will
Special: If Martha is given one of the following spells to cast, she casts it twice due to her connection with Rufflet: Blessing, Darkness, Protection From Evil.

Serra has kept to herself for most of her life. Always a shy one, she likes to stay in the back of any gathering - including a dungeon crawling party.

Serra the Stand-offish
Init +1; Atk dagger (2)
AC 11; HP 6;
Strength +0; Stamina +0; Agility +1; Luck +0
SV Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +0;
Lucky Bonus: damage

He once was a cabin boy on the high seas. However, this world is racist towards halflings, so he was treated like shit. Here's hoping coming out of the dungeon alive will boost his reputation!

Sailor Fred
Init +0; Atk dagger (2)
AC 9; HP 5;
Strength +0; Stamina -1; Agility -1; Luck +1
SV Fort -1, Ref -1, Will +1;
Lucky Bonus: Initiative

Like her brother Heldalel, Merisiel is an officiant at the local courts. She also throws quills. Who came up with that idea, using quills in combat? I guess they did.

Merisiel, Who is Also Just
Init +0; Atk quill (2)
AC 11; HP 8;
Strength +0; Stamina +0; Agility +1; Luck +0
SV Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +0;

What kind of locksmith can't even dodge a simple attack? Or bust a door down? Or is incredibly fragile, and falls to a stiff breeze? A desperate one, that's who.

Stanley, Who is Bad at His Job
Init -1; Atk dagger (2)
AC 9; HP 4;
Strength -1; Stamina -3; Agility -1; Luck +1
SV Fort -3, Ref -1, Will +1;
Special: Let's be real, Stanley could use some help. And frankly, he'll take all he can get. All adjustments to Stanley's Strength, Agility, or Stamina count for double their normal worth.

This guy makes cheese.
That's all I got, he's kinda iffy.

Odd Todd
Init -1; Atk club (3)
AC 9; HP 7;
Strength +1; Stamina +1; Agility -1; Luck +0
SV Fort +1, Ref -1, Will +0;

She's not really 'strong' per se. It's just her and Weak Billy are both squires to a local knight, and her average strength is...much better.

Strong Bertha
Init -1; Atk longsword (4)
AC 9; HP 9;
Strength +0; Stamina +0; Agility -1; Luck +0
SV Fort +0, Ref -1, Will +0;
Lucky Bonus: initiative

It's a tragic story. Muscle atrophy is an awful, awful thing. Especially when you have a pregnant alcoholic mother. They hoped that if he was a squire, he would get stronger.
He didn't.

Weak Billy
Init +0; Atk longsword (2)
AC 10; HP 6;
Strength -2; Stamina +0; Agility +0; Luck +0
SV Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +0;
Lucky Bonus: armor class
Special: Billy appreciates divine aid. If Billy is alive, any use of Blessing will be cast on Billy instead, and he gains an additional +1 to any bonuses bestowed on him.
You may spend your buff tokens on any number of peasants. Here are the ways you can spend them:

1 buff token allows you to increase a modifier (Strength, Agility, Stamina, Luck) by 1. An increased strength value increases attack dealt by that peasant by the same amount. An increased agility value increases init, ac, AND reflex by that same amount. An increased Stamina increases fort by that amount, and increases hp by twice that amount. And an increased luck value increases the Lucky Bonus and will for that peasant by that same amount.

You may also use 1, 2, or 3 buff tokens to buy spells for your peasants. 1 token buys them an amateur spell, 2 tokens buys an average spell, 3 tokens buy an wondrous spell. Each spell is used only once per battle. Here is a list of the spells:

CLERIC

BLESSING
Amateur:
-next peasant to move gains +2 to attack rolls for the rest of the fight.
Average:
-next peasant to move gains +2 to attack rolls and all saving throws for the rest of the fight.
Wondrous:
-next peasant to move gains +4 to damage rolls and all saving throws for the rest of the fight.

DARKNESS
Amateur: The target's eyes are clouded on a failed DC 12 Will save; they suffer a -2 penalty on attack rolls for 1 round.
Average: The target's eyes are clouded on a failed DC 14 Will save; they suffer a -2 penalty on attack rolls for 2 rounds.
Wondrous: The target's eyes are clouded on a failed DC 16 Will save; they suffer a -3 penalty on attack rolls for 2 rounds.

PROTECTION FROM EVIL
Amateur: The caster receives a +2 bonus to saving throws against effects unholy to Rufflets (which means everything) for 1 round.
Average: As per Amateur, except the effect lasts for 2 rounds and all attacks made by unholy creatures take a -1 penalty.
Wondrous: As per Average, except the effect lasts for 4 rounds.
WIZARD

ENLARGE
Amateur:: The next peasant to move increases in size by 10%. This has no mechanical bonuses, but they become visibly larger and more intimidating. To be clear, this does nothing.
Average: The next peasant to move increases in size by 25%, conferring a +1 bonus to damage and AC due to greater size and strength. This lasts for the rest of the fight.
Wondrous: The next peasant to move increases in size by 50%, conferring a +2 bonus to damage and AC due to greater size and strength. This lasts the rest of the fight.

FLAMING HANDS
Amateur: A single gout of fire strikes a target within range for 3 damage.
Average: A concentrated blast of fire strikes two targets within range for 3 damage.
Wondrous: A wave of fire burns up to three targets in range for 3 damage apiece.

MAGIC MISSILE
Amateur: The caster throws a single missile that does 3 point of damage.
Average: As Amateur, but the missile deals 4 damage.
Wondrous: As Amateur, but 2 missiles are created that deal 4 damage apiece. If the first missile kills its target, then the second missile will be directed towards a new target.
There is a limitation on buffing for each character.
1. Each stat for each character may only be buffed twice in net. Any excess buffs are ignored.
2. You may only buff each stat for each character twice. If you use more than two buff tokens on the same stat for a character, then your submission will be ruled invalid.
3. Each tier of each spell (i.e. Wondrous Magic Missile) may only be bought once for all peasants in the game. So if Wondrous Magic Missile has been bought for Billy, and someone else buys it for Heldalel, then Heldalel will not get the spell, but tokens will still be expended. This is determined by the time you submit your final buffing submission, so make your purchases quickly.
4. Each character may only learn one spell. This is determined by the time you submit your final buffing submission, so make your purchases quickly.

You may recall that you have 4 buff tokens and 1 nerf token. The nerf token must be applied to a stat (Strength, Agility, Luck) on a character of your choice. Note that Stamina is not included: Nerf tokens may not be spent on Stamina because of game-breaking concerns. That stat will then be nerfed by 1, with all the associated changes as described above.

There is a single exception to this rule: Stanley, Who is Bad at his Job may have nerf tokens placed on stamina.

All tokens, buff and nerf, must be expended. If a survivor does not spend his tokens, he will autolose the challenge and his tokens will be RNG'd onto random stats across characters.

Combat:
This is a simulation, meaning all characters will be NPC once in the dungeon. They target attacks and harmful spells at the enemies with the least health.

Enemies have targeting rules specified.

First, GM will roll initiative (which determines turn order) for everyone in the room.

According to the turn order, characters attack enemies (who all have 0 AC meaning that all attacks hit). If characters have spells, they use them once at the start of the battle using the same targeting rules, and attack regularly thereafter. If Credula or Martha have associated cleric or wizardry spells, then they will use their spells for the first two rounds, and attack regularly thereafter.

Enemy attacks will have a action roll to check against armor class of the peasants. For instance, Cobras roll d20 and have +4 to attack and deal 2 damage. If they attacked a peasant with AC 11, then they would have to roll a 7 or higher to connect their attack, which deals 2 damage. If they roll 6 or fewer then their attack does not hit.

Here is a list of the enemies in each room, their behavior and stats:

Room 1: 3 Giant Cobras
Cobra, giant: Init +4; Atk bite +4 (2);
HP 25;
Act 1d20; SV Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +0;
Snake bite [[1d20+4]] for [[4]] damage!
Targets peasant with the least hp

Room 2: One Skeletal Packmaster, 2 zombie hounds
Skeletal Packmaster: Init +2; Atk magic mace +5 (5);
HP 25;
Act 1d20; SV Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0;
Glowing mace [[1d20+5]] for [[5]] damage!
Targets peasants with highest hp of all peasants that have 5 hp or less.
If no peasants have 5 hp or less, then it targets the peasant with the weakest attack.

Zombie Hound: Init +0; Atk bite +4 (3);
HP 20;
Act 1d16; SV Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +1;
Zombie dog bite [[1d16+4]] for [[3]] damage!
follows lead of skeleton, idles if skeleton has killed target

Room 3: One Ghost
Spirit of Interminable Suffering: Init +2; Atk special (see below);
HP 55;
Act 1d20; SV Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +6;
Banshee Scream! Deals damage to everybody with the highest hp, damage value is 12/(number of peasants targeted);

Room 4: One Cave Giant
Cave Giant: Init -2; Atk club autosucceed melee (7)
HP 52;
Act 1d20; SV Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +2;
Ogre club [[20]] for [[7]] damage!
Targets spellcasters with the least amount of hp.

Room 5: 3 Giant spiders
Giant Spiders: Init +2; Atk 2 bites +5 (2)
HP 15;
Act 1d20; SV Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0;
Spider bite [[1d20+5]] for [[2]] damage!
Another spider bite [[1d20+5]] for [[2]] damage!
If a peasant is to die from an attack from a Giant Spider, DC 16 Fort throw to survive with 1hp.
Targets peasants with the least amount of hp.

Room 6: One demon
Madness Demon: Init +6; Atk Betrayal of Self;
HP 55;
Act 1d20; SV Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +7;
Betrayal of Self! Peasant with highest damage deals that damage to themselves if they fail a DC 16 Will saving throw!

Room 7: One Hydra with 8 heads
Malnourished Hydra: Init -No; Atk 8 heads melee (4);
HP 8 per head;
Act 1d20; SV Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +4;
Hydra bites once! [[1d20+6]] for [[4]] damage!
Hydra bites twice! [[1d20+6]] for [[4]] damage!
Hydra bites thrice! [[1d20+6]] for [[4]] damage!
Hydra bites quice! [[1d20+6]] for [[4]] damage!
Hydra attacks...five times! [[1d20+6]] for [[4]] damage!
Sixth! [[1d20+6]] for [[4]] damage!
Seventh! [[1d20+6]] for [[4]] damage!
Eighth! [[1d20+6]] for [[4]] damage!
Targets peasants with highest hp of all peasants that have 5 hp or less.
If no peasants have 5hp or less, then targets the peasant with the highest attack.

Room 8: One Kelzirax the Unconquered
Kelzirax the Unconquered: Init +Yes; Atk breath weapon
HP 46
SV Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +5;
Kelzirax breathes fire! Take [[6]] damage, DC 16 Reflex to halve! Also if you failed, you're on fire! Take 2 damage at the start of each of your turns! You can put it out with a DC 16 Reflex save at the end of your turn.
Prioritize those not on fire, but rng otherwise

Scoring:

Survivors must, outside of submitting their distribution of buff and nerf tokens, must also submit a list of what room they expect each peasant to die in (Todd 3 means that they expect Odd Todd to die to Room 3 which has the ghost. 9 means that they expect their peasant to survive the dungeon. 0 means that they died before the game started due to have non-positive HP). In addition, you must order your list from most certain to least certain.

Here is how scoring works. If you are 2 rooms off, (i.e. you submitted 4 when the guy actually died in room 2), then you get 1 point. If you are 1 room off, then you get 2 points. If you are spot on, then you get 4 points.

In addition, your points are multiplied based on where you put them in your list. The score of the guy you are most certain about will be multiplied by 4. The next 3 guesses will have their scores be multiplied by 3. Then the next 4 will have their scores multiplied by 2, followed by a final 4 whose scores are multiplied by 1.

If this sounds confusing, it's not. Here's an excel sheet that shows you how this works.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IuwKR2JPp2Cse_Opg_brzMMERV2JLBx_yF6uuDyejbw/edit#gid=0

If someone submits exactly the same list as you do (allowing for permutations within positions 2-4, and within 5-8, and within 9-12), then the person who submitted their list later will get 0 points and cannot win this challenge.

In the highly unlikely case of a tie, we will tiebreak by number of guesses spot on, followed by highest weighted score, followed by number of guesses that are only 1 room off, followed by number of guesses that are over the actual room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)