Survivor Circus Survivor Season IV: WON BY DLE, EPISODIC RECAP IN DISCORD READ OP

IN CONCLUSION:
You have 1 hour to read and digest all of this information, meaning that the earliest time you may submit anything is at 8pm central tonight.

You must submit the distribution of your 4 buff tokens and your 1 nerf token.

You must submit an ordered list of 12 names and the room you expect them to die in. This may be submitted separately from your token usage but both must be COMPLETE when you submit them.

All submissions are final and should be given to me by Saturday 7pm central time.

On Sunday afternoon, Ullar will run the simulation and you will be invited to spectate. The dungeon is at https://app.roll20.net/join/3383706/Df4jXQ if you'd like to make an account. If any mistakes are made in the simulation, tell us immediately or we will not fix it.

The simulation will determine the rooms each character dies in. I will then tally the score for your list based on the rules above.

Survivor with the highest score wins.

This is a game that will require you to strategize with other people. Have fun chatting~

Sample Submission:
Buff Stanley's stamina
Teach Martha Average Magic Missile
Buff Credula's strength
Nerf Todd's luck

Predictions (ordered from most confident to least confident)
Todd 5
Billy 3
Jim 1
Heldalel 1
Martha 6
Fred 4
Stanley 3
Bertha 2
Credula 4
Ileosa 5
Serra 3
Merisiel 3

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
A few quick answers to questions that may not have been asked:

What’s with these stat arrays? They’re all over the place, and look really shitty/unbalanced.
I randomly generated them using Dungeon Crawl Classics. If you like this concept of throwing peasants into a dungeon where they will most likely die, check out General Spoon ’s recruiting campaign!

Why is Stanley the exception for Stamina debuffs? Won’t that make him even shittier? Like 1 HP shitty?
try it and find out

tl;dr
you signed up for this shit

How far do you think the peasants will go?
It can vary, but my bet is on total party kill in room 5. ogre strongth

We ran the simulation early because everyone was online.

In 7th place, Viper with 23 points
In 6th place, Wolv with 27
In 5th place, Zorbees with 30
In 4th place, Hannah with 31
In 3rd place, RODAN with 32
In 2nd place, DLE with 53
And in 1st place, earning back Individual Immunity, is Jalmont with 59

Poopity Scoop, you have been sent back to Tribal Council. Deadline is tomorrow 9pm Central time. You may not cast your vote for Jalmont.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Rooms of each commoners’ death, for records’ sake:

• ROOM 1: Credula, Fred, Serra
  • ROOM 2: Stanley
  • ROOM 3: Jim
  • ROOM 4: Billy, Martha
  • ROOM 5: Heldalel, Todd
  • ROOM 6: Bertha, Ileosa
  • ROOM 7: Merisiel

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Also, this message was sent to anybody who debuffed Stanley.

You have received a handwritten letter.
"Dear [USERNAME],

This is Stanley, the locksmith. You know, the one who 'is bad at his job'? I wanted to try this dungeon because...I needed some fulfillment. My wife, Clara, and my daughter Molly...they see me as a disappointment. I know they don't say it, but I'm sure, deep down, I'm a failure to them. I know I am, in all probability, going to die in there. I take some solace in the knowledge that I will die attempting to provide a better life for my family, and to leave a legacy behind.

I opened myself completely to your so-called buffs, and was less hesitant than my fellows. I'm more receptive to your training and treatments, and for this I am grateful. What I am not grateful for, however, is you, who seems to have it out for me. You see, placing your nerf token on my Stamina score reduces me to 0 hp, which causes me to die before the dungeon even begins! What sort of monster are you?! Do you wish me to die a pointless, meaningless death, bereft of any valiance and courage? Do you simply want to 'hedge your bets'? Or do you just like the sight of a poor, feeble failure of a locksmith suffering? What kind of heartless assassin gives a hopeless soul 0 hit points, as well as a heart attack, before they go to die anyway? Perhaps it's someone who doesn't realize the lives they play with. Not just mine, but my fellow peasants. My family. My very soul.

Think of what you're doing. Think of my wife, Clara. Think of my daughter, Molly. Think of their future they will have without me.

At least make it a little brighter for them.

-Stanley, Whose Job is to Die"

You have a onetime opportunity to change your nerf from Stanley's Stamina to anywhere else among the peasants. Are you moved by Stanley's words, and wish to spare his miserable life (for now)? Or do you want a guaranteed death in room 0 for points, you selfish bastard?

rssp1-Today at 9:01 PM
First vote: ItzViper482

Second vote: RODAN

third vote: ItzViper482

Fourth vote: RODAN

we are at 2 votes Viper, 2 votes RODAN.

Fifth vote: ItzViper482

Sixth vote: RODAN

Seventh vote: ItzViper482

Eighth vote: RODAN

That’s 4 votes viper, 4 votes Rodan. 2 votes left

Ninth vote: alore

Sorry, I dc’d

RODAN-Today at 9:04 PM

fuck u

rssp1-Today at 9:05 PM

Tenth vote, ninth person voted out, and the third member of the jury

RODAN

RODAN-Today at 9:05 PM

me!

rssp1-Today at 9:05 PM

the tribe has spoken

It’s time for you to go

RODAN-Today at 9:05 PM

im going to be insanely bitter. goodbye

INDIVIDUAL IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: FINAL 9
Type is Art?

In this challenge, you will draw a Pokemon of your choice.

Only one minor caveat. The drawing must be done using this site: http://typeisart.com/

You have 24 hours to submit a screenshot to me through discord. Don't submit this to rssp. We have selected 8 judges who will look at your drawings, although in the interest of time, if we already have a good number of judge scoresheets in already, rssp (who does not know which submissions belong to who) may decide to ignore judges who haven't submitted yet.

Judges will only score their top 3 favorite drawings. Their bronze medal pick is awarded 2 points, their silver medal pick is awarded 3 points, and their gold medal pick is awarded 4 points.

We will sum the total number of points for each drawing. I will then reveal the survivor who drew the best piece.

In case of a tie, the challenge will go to the picture with the higher number of medals, followed by the picture with the higher number of gold medals. Any further tie will be decided by rssp.

You have until 9pm tomorrow to submit your drawings.

Oh. One hotfix that shouldn’t matter. If I deem two submissions to be sufficiently identical then the later submission will not count

And you don’t have to use all pieces

In joint last place, Trace's Caterpie with 0 points

He ties with Da Letter El's Ledian?

In 7th place, Jalmont's Electrode gets 2 points

In 6th place, Viper's Sunflora with 4 points

In 5th place, Hannah's Voltorb with 5 points.

In 4th place, 3P1K's Bellsprout has 8 points

Three drawings stood out from the pack. In joint 3rd place, Zorbees' Happiny with 16 points!

Also with 16 points, Alore's Snivy! Alore's Snivy came with a backstory that I couldn't show to the judges, but according to this pastebin, he is a drug addict by the name of Samuel: https://pastebin.com/hsmHsLFZ

And with 21 points, Wolv's derpy looking Qwilfish!

Tribe Poopity Scoop, you have been sent to Tribal Council. You may not vote for Wolv, as he has immunity.

Tribal Council concludes tomorrow 8am Central time.

Thanks to all our judges. Here are their scoresheets for reference...

Walrein:
  1. Snivy
  2. Happiny
  3. Sunflora
Texas:
  1. Happiny
  2. Snivy
  3. Voltorb (Hannah)
Edo:
  1. Qwilfish
  2. Bellsprout
  3. Happiny
Smogon Account:
  1. Qwilfish
  2. Snivy
  3. Electrode (Jalmont)
SlimShadow:
  1. Qwilfish
  2. Bellsprout
  3. Snivy
Bailey:
  1. Snivy
  2. Voltorb (Hannah)
  3. Qwilfish
Aubisio:
  1. Qwilfish
  2. Happiny
  3. Sunflora
Drookez:
  1. Happiny
  2. Qwilfish
  3. Bellsprout

Tribal Council deadline is still 8am Central time (in a bit under 11 hours from this post).

The next challenge will be semi-live, in the same way as Challenge F10 was. It will benefit you to be online at the time, but it is absolutely not necessary to do so in order to win the challenge. The challenge will be live at 2pm Central time. Sorry for the late notice.

I will now reveal the votes.

First vote: Viper

Second vote: Hannah

Third vote: Zorbees

Fourth vote: Zorbees

Fifth vote: Zorbees

Sixth vote: Zorbees

Seventh vote: Zorbees. The tribe has spoken.

Thanks for playing, it's time for you to go.

INDIVIDUAL IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: FINAL 8
Little Cup Auction

Hello everyone, welcome to the last challenge 'designed' by by my cohost. With credits to CAP season 2, welcome to the LC Auction + Tournament!

I am posting the ruleset early for your consideration, but the auction will not begin until 2pm Central time (in about 40 minutes from this post). All bids posted before 2pm Central time will not count.

The Pokemon available to buy in the auction are below:
  1. Abra
  2. Carvanha
  3. Croagunk
  4. Diglett
  5. Doduo
  6. Dwebble
  7. Ferroseed
  8. Foongus
  9. Gastly
  10. Grimer-Alola
  11. Kabuto
  12. Magnemite
  13. Mareanie
  14. Mienfoo
  15. Mudbray
  16. Omanyte
  17. Onix
  18. Pawniard
  19. Ponyta
  20. Shellder
  21. Snivy
  22. Spritzee
  23. Staryu
  24. Timburr
  25. Tirtouga
  26. Wingull
  27. Vullaby
In order to use a Pokemon in the above list, you MUST buy it in this auction. Everything else in the USM LC tier that is playable but not in the above list is fair game. Every survivor has 50 credits to use for bidding - your bids must be integer valued. The maximum bid allowed on a Pokemon is 30 credits - as soon as someone bids 30, the Pokemon is taken off the market and given to the bidder. You may not trade Pokemon that you have gained after the auction with others, and you cannot pool credits together.

Once you bid on something, you cannot take your bid back. You will get the Pokemon unless someone outbids you by the end of the auction. If someone bids higher than you on something, you receive the credits that you used back.

A bid template looks like this:

Funds available: [50 - your previous bids still in place]
X units for Pokemon A
Y units for Pokemon B
Funds available after new bids: [50 - new bids - previous bids still in place].

The auction concludes exactly at tomorrow 2pm Central time. I may not be online, but for the purposes of stealthing all bids after deadline will not count. If your Pokemon get sniped away at deadline, you get nothing.

The tournament will be a randomized single elimination bracket. The default for each match is best of 1, although both castaways can agree to a best of 3 match if they want to.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)