Survivor Circus Survivor Season IV: WON BY DLE, EPISODIC RECAP IN DISCORD READ OP

what's good everyone

first off wanted to say congrats to the other finalists for making it this far, i think this is a v strong final 3 and whoever wins I think will have deserved to have won.

next up, thanks to everyone for playing, it's really cool to see that even after the first survivor, the format has continued to grow on this site and took off in a way i definitely didn't imagine. the game can't happen without the players, so thank you guys for keeping this game alive and i hope it continues to be a mainstay of circus.

I have a busy day today (including an international flight) so I don't have the time right now to make a big statement on myself and the game, so I just want to let everyone know that I will be around to explain myself in not then in a few hours/tomorrow. In the meantime, any questions that you (the jury) may have I greatly welcome, as that'll give me a better sense on what to discuss in general (plus specifics to respond to). Otherwise, I will be getting around to everyone's questions hopefully sooner rather than later when I get more time to sit down and really talk about things.

thanks

ajhockeystar Because vullabies are best :D For real, because I was able to avoid several potential votes against me, despite never winning immunity. I tried my hardest not to backstab anyone needlessly, (i.e. I tried to sway votes away from people who didn't deserve them.) and I always voted for the best of my allies as opposed to myself. I didn't want this to be a "I need to win" game as much as a "I want to have fun playing and have a good time," game since I'm not a highly competitive person. Also, I think that by making it to f3 I showed that I wasn't just following my allies around but had a brain of my own, too, and was able to convince people not to vote me out.

Also uh, I have work 10-5 tomorrow (probably going to make me stay late tho) so I need to go to bed now and I'll get back to any questions etc. in 18 or so hours? Goodnight!

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey all,

Really glad to be here in f3. Both my opponents did some noteworthy stuff that deserves praise: Hannah tried hard in challenges -- especially pre-swap -- and had a strong social game to only once have been in the minority on a vote. Jalmont lived all the way from f7 on with his main allies all gone, won the most individual immunities, and won an important immunity in f4 where he likely gets voted out otherwise (or at best forces a tie if I were convinced to side with him there; I’m actually pretty happy that I never had to make that call).

I’ll keep the first post fairly brief (note: not actually that brief), and I’ll hit people with the tl;dr stuff later. And I definitely have tl;dr stuff if/when anyone wants that.

If you want to vote for the player left with the best social game, you vote for me.

If you want to vote for the player left who had the most vote control in the game, you vote for me.

If you want to vote for the player left who had the best overall challenge performance, while this metric is closer, you still vote for me.

I turned an f8 position of having no remaining strong allies into an f5 position of having 3 of the remaining 4 players (All but rad) all wanting me in their f3 due to proactive play in eliminating close allies of the players left at f5. I was the driving force behind the Wolv vote at f7 and had it planned as early as f9. I took advantage of the idle Alore vote at 6 to guarantee a viper elimination – although this was far from critical (I was making f3 from that position almost always anyway). My social game was so good that despite being the driving force behind Alore’s closest ally (viper) and Hannah’s closest ally (Wolv) being voted out, Hannah and Alore both added me to a final 3 chat.

I won the most challenges in the game and the most critical challenges for me to win in the game. Losing only 1 pre-merge challenge and being a key contributor to all of them helped facilitate my social game and allowed for really easy going relations with the rest of pre-swap Vullaby, as well as virtually guaranteed safety in post-swap Vullaby (both socially and challenge-wise). I won immunity at both f7 and f6, both critical junctures where a proactive Wolv+viper team up at 7 (with viper agreeing if he realized that rad was willing to stab Wolv at some point) or a pairing of viper+jalmont+rad with an alore idle/off-vote at 6 could have fairly easily voted me out – especially the f6 vote. These wins also denied victories from Wolv and viper, two of the closest players to winning both of these immunities and the two players easiest to point guns at strategically. While jalmont deserves credit for winning the most individual immunity challenges, as well as securing his spot with the last one, being outright told by rad/viper/jalmont at 6 that I’m seen as threat #1 clearly shows that my f6 win is similarly important to give credit.

My keeping in touch with Alore, Hannah, and viper helped keep me safe at f9 and f8, as well as secure stronger ties to players going forward. At f7, I knew that I would need to convince at least 2 out of the 3 of jalmont/Alore/Rad to vote Wolv. I was the driving force behind jalmont and rad being convinced, and largely facilitated Alore recognizing issues with keeping Wolv around over viper. Wolv being gone and my being the only player to be honest and up front about my vote to Hannah helped to secure that alliance going forward, and viper being out at 6 over jalmont helped make my path to final 3 virtually assured.

I played an incredibly honest game, with the only major lie I told being “I haven’t talked with RAD” at a point where I had spent about 3 hours detailing exactly how rad could win if he made the play to vote for Wolv at 7. I tried really hard, I made friends with people I had never known before, and I think I deserve to win.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Da Letter El

Da Letter El explain to me what you did premerge and the level of control you had on your tribe
I was the one who drove the only Vullaby vote of the game (KnightsofCydonia) in a vote that was 7-1-1 where no one else was suggesting KoC as a potential vote target, so I was the one who called the only Vullaby shot.

I was the one that facilitated a. the alliance between me/zorbees/aura (and the later addition of viper/alore) and b. a general Vullaby alliance that carried into post-swap with me/zorbees/Hannah/Wolv. This general camaraderie of the Vullaby alliance that I proposed helped immensely come post-merge in still maintaining good relationships with Hannah, Alore and to a degree viper.

I was looked to as a leader on challenges (and only didn't take on the leadership position in the solo challenge due to work) and was probably the greatest contributor overall to both pre-swap and post-swap Vullaby and volunteered/participated in every challenge there, with only Aura Guardian having an argument for pre-swap hard carrying us on the first challenge.

Da Letter El

Da Letter El I literally never got a chance to talk to you guys in game, why should I vote y'all over Jal?
The tl;dr is that I made the plays, won the challenges, and had the best social game of the people remaining. I was pretty much in complete control of the game after I talked my way out of being voted at final 8.

When voting for a winner, you should be looking for the player who overall played the best. Socially, I played a really honest, clean game. I didn't just rely on people I knew before the game; I don't think I've said a word to Hannah before in my life, and jalmont and I have played a bunch of mafia games together. Both of them at f6 outright said that they would want me in their final 3. I think that's indicative of strong play.

I won challenges at really important times. I was seen as the biggest threat by most of the game after Wolv was eliminated, but my having immunity both for the Wolv vote and the vote after helped give me the time and position to ensure that I had a fairly safe final 5 position. I won a lot of pre-merge immunities as well and worked really hard on those, which also helped with forming relationships with people, because it's way harder for people to like you when you're voting off people they also like.

I was the primary motivator behind Radicate stabbing Wolv at f7, as well as jalmont voting Wolv despite feeling that Wolv was defending him. I can't guarantee I was the primary factor for Alore voting Wolv since I'm sure viper had a lot of influence there as well, but I heavily contributed to influencing Alore to vote in that direction despite Wolv/Hannah promising Alore f3.

Hopefully you'll get a sense of exactly the game I've played from the posts that'll pop up throughout ftc.

Like I asked him who were the strongest players and who should we vote out and he told hannah/alore/me and eventually ifml that KOC you and zorbees were the people we should choose between to vote out

Da Letter El

Like I asked him who were the strongest players and who should we vote out and he told hannah/alore/me and eventually ifml that KOC you and zorbees were the people we should choose between to vote out
that's literally just a list of the people that play smogon mafia on vullaby without aura guardian in it lol

I mean that's kind of relevant to why you were targets....
You guys would have the best social game coming into survivor right off the bat because of previous experience.
And it doesnt change my point.

Also the alliance of me/you/zorbees/hannah was just a groupchat that was barely talked in, I wouldn't even call it an alliance because I think we grew further apart because of that :/. It made me feel like you were planning stuff behind my back with how quiet you were being and avoiding telling me who you thought about voting for.

Da Letter El

I mean that's kind of relevant to why you were targets....
You guys would have the best social game coming into survivor right off the bat because of previous experience.
And it doesnt change my point.
I probably should have followed up with more. Come time to vote, viper/zorbees/aura guardian/alore were already in a group chat where I had proposed the KoC vote. viper said that he would pass this message along to you/Hannah. I also talked to you and Hannah both about a KoC vote in a position where neither of you seemed convinced of any particular vote.

Da Letter El

Also the alliance of me/you/zorbees/hannah was just a groupchat that was barely talked in, I wouldn't even call it an alliance because I think we grew further apart because of that :/. It made me feel like you were planning stuff behind my back with how quiet you were being and avoiding telling me who you thought about voting for.
Oh, I explained this to Hannah already, but essentially, it became pretty clear to me at merge that zorbees and I weren't priorities to you/Hannah alliance going forward as of f11/f10 given how close Hannah/Alore were, as well as how close Alore was to viper. zorbees and I could tell we were the odd men out of the remaining Vullaby and were seen as a threat, so it just felt insincere to put up a front like we were working together, especially after the relative mutual radio silence at f11

Da Letter El

Da Letter El If alore voted at the f6 what would your plan have been (aka the vote is a tie between Jalmont and Me)
It didn't matter much at that point; all I needed to do was prevent another tie.

Plan was: I would do my due diligence to get Rad or Alore to flip, which I think is an easier sell than for you to try to get Hannah to flip. I was on close enough terms with both Rad and Alore that both of them would tell me the truth about how they would vote at f6. If neither of rad/alore are flipping, I vote jalmont myself to prevent rocks potentially eliminating Alore/Hannah. Then at f5, me/Hannah/Alore vote out Rad, which Alore always does because Rad's the only player that Alore isn't close to left. Then at 4, I'm basically secured immunity since Alore/Hannah don't vote me there and I probably beat you in an ftc even if you get immunity at 4/win a tiebreaker.

Da Letter El

You misread how I felt about you then...
If I was wrong about your stance, I was wrong. But I didn't see Hannah at that point siding with me/zorbees for particularly long when she seemed much closer to any and all of: you, Alore, viper, rad, and you were closest to Hannah. I felt we talked really well and I liked working with you, but I felt that there wasn't any real promise of "we're going to f3 together," and given that I and zorbees had both been fairly outgoing and active in the pre-merge, we both felt we'd be targets sooner rather than later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)