City of Armageddon (COA) OU RMT

City of Armageddon
(OU RMT) by Vanity

This team has great synergy and has been working for me. Though despite a large Ground weakness it is very successful. I have maintained a 80% win record with this team. COA has great team synergy along with huge power.

Steel Spirit - Lead
Lum Berry - Jolly
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Iron Head
Fire Punch
Stealth Rock
Wish

Introduction:
This set was suggested by Toxic Spork.
Jirachi is generally seen as a TrickScarfer if it is in the lead position. This set (see below post by Toxic Spork) can help my team deal with Lucario, which otherwise would decimate this team. Jirachi also provide Wish support. Along with that, It can be used to Flinch if needed.

EVs + Nature: 252 Spe and Jolly hits 328 Spe so as to outrun or tie with leads. Max Atk to hit as hard as possible.
Moveset: Fire Punch OHKOs Lucario. Stealth Rock to set up Rocks. Iron Head can flinch and has STAB. Wish provides support for this team.

Ragnarök
Salamence - DD Sweeper
Leftovers - Naive
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Introduction:DDMence is very destructive. Salamence can walk over teams who are unprepared for Salamence. DDMence isn't as popular anymore as MixMence is considered better as it does not need to set up to do massive amounts of damage. DDMence can easily get a few Dragon Dances and proceed to sweep a team. Salamence has great typing synergy with Magnezone and together they form one of this teams offensive cores.
EVs + Nature: Maximum Spe and Atk is necessary on this set. You will tie with ScarfMence and other Dragon Dancing Salamence. Naive allows this set to hit harder with Fire Blast.
Moveset: Dragon Dance so you can get +1 Spe and Atk. Fire Blast is chosen over Fire Fang so Skarmory will be OHKOed. Earthquake and Outrage provide great neutral coverage. With Fire Blast and the aforementioned moves, it has unresisted type coverage.

Metallic Disruptor
Magnezone - Steel Killer
Leftovers - Timid
224 Spe / 36 HP / 252 SpA
Thunderbolt
Magnet Rise
Substitute
Hidden Power Fire

Introduction: Magnezone has a great 130 base SpA but the main draw and what makes it OU is Magnet Pull. With the ability to trap and KO steels, Magnezone has earned itself on this team and many others. Magnezone is used on this team to remove steels which otherwise would wall and in the case of Skarmory or Forretress, set up upon.
EVs + Nature: 32 HP is used over 32 Atk as I carry Magnet Rise instead of Explosion. 224 Spe allows me to outrun and OHKO Adamant Scizor with Hidden Power Fire. Also 224 Spe allows me to outrun with other Magnezone. Note that the speed point lost is replaced with another extra 4 EVs to outrun them.
Moveset: Hidden Power Fire is used over Hidden Power Grass to be able to KO opposing Magnezone which otherwise might KO my own. Magnet Rise is used so I can deal with slower steels such as Metagross. Since Banded Metagross can do major damage to this team, Magnezone has been tailored to serve as a reliable counter to Metagross.

Armageddon
Tyranitar - Revenge Killer
Choice Scarf - Jolly
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Pursuit
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch

Introduction: ScarfTar is one of the most destructive threats in the current metagame. It can trap Gengar and other Psychics or Ghosts. ScarfTar has a few weaknesses but they are resisted by other members of this team.
EVs + Nature: 252 Spe and Jolly is to hit 364 Spe so you can outrun base 100s. 252 Atk to hit as hard as possible with any move. Rest is thrown into HP.
Moveset: Pursuit can trap Ghosts and destroy anti-spinners. Crunch and Stone Edge are used to provide STAB. Superpower is for OHKO on BandTar and Blissey.

Armageddon's Guard
Machamp - Confusion Spreader
Leftovers - Adamant
252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Spe
Dynamic Punch
Substitute
Ice Punch
Payback

Introduction: Machamp is known as the "King of Hax" and for good reason. No Guard turns Dynamic Punch from 50% accuracy to 100%. Confusion is very annoying and if paralyzed can completely disable an enemy.
EVs + Nature: 12 Spe EVs are used to outrun 4-8 Spe EV Machamps. This allows you to Dynamic Punch them before they can and also they have to go through confusion. Near max attack since 8 EVs were moved from Atk to Spe and Max HP for bulk.
Moveset:Machamp's coverage is amazing compared to other sweepers. Dynamic Punch is very strong, and can cripple very solid switches like Gyarados due to Dynamic Punch's guaranteed confusion. Machamp can set up confusion and let Salamence nab a few Dragon Dances. Payback gives almost completely neutral coverage with Dynamic Punch. Payback can severely cripple offensive Rotom-A.

Anisoptera
Flygon - Revenge Killer
Choice Scarf - Naive
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Outrage
Fire Blast

Introduction: ScarfGon is a very destructive powerhouse. ScarfGon help me against my MixApe weakness. ScarfGon is a very versatile Pokemon.
EVs + Nature: Max Attack and max Spe Naive to out run or tie with other Scarfers. Fire Blast over Fang means Naive is better.
Moveset: Stone Edge deals out OHKOs to some Pokemon. Outrage and Earthquake provide great neutral coverage.

Team Building

Salamence is one of the best Dragon Dancers in the game. Boasting base 100 Spe and base 135 Atk, it can sweep over half of a team.Dragon Dance Salamence has almost no "true" counter.

Magnezone and Salamence have great typing synergy with each other. They together have resistances to all types. They make a very dangerous offensive core also.

Since Dragonite and Salamence have the same typing, Dragonite and Magnezone also resist every type. This team needed a cleric since once Salamence is burned or paralyzed it becomes death fodder, something which I do not want it to be.

Heatran is such a good lure for Specs Surfs and Band Earthquakes. Because of this I can use that advantage to set up with Salamence or Dragonite. Heatran's great defenses means that it can break Stall and sponge hits.

Rotom-W solved two 4x weaknesses Ground and Ice. Ice hits Rotom for neutral while Ground is an immunity. Rotom-W's 3 immunities and Anti-Rapid Spin capibilities are a great addition to this team. Also with Heatran, this team can spread all 3 of the crippling status, Toxic to cripple walls, burn for physical sweepers and paralysis for speedy sweepers.

I needed a reliable lead that had resistance to Ice and could function as a reliable Stealth Rocker. Metagross's weaknesses are resisted by Salamence. Also Salamence can set up on any of those moves and proceed to wreck to opponent's team.

Looking Back
(Team Changes)

<

Tyranitar replaced Dragonite to help cover the Ice weakness. Eliminating Dragonite and replacing it with Tyranitar made my team have 1 more Ice resist. ScarfTar also filled in the role of sandstorm support and revenge killer, two things this team was missing. Sandstorm was needed and Dragon/Steel is a very potent combo. Since sandstorm help my damage output, It is not completely needed for Stealth Rock to be up, although it helps a lot.

<

Machamp replaced Heatran to help with the Ground weakness. Ice Punch can OHKO Dragons like Flygon and Salamence who generally carry Earthquake. Machamp could also Dynamic Punch and spread around confusion. Payback gave me a second way to deal with Rotom-A. This switch was actually more useful then the Tyranitar switch because it added another weakness.

<

As suggested by Toxic Spork to help deal with SD Lucario. Fire Punch OHKOs Lucario. Functions as a reliable lead also.

<

ScarfGon has replaced Rotom-W to deal with MixApe better. Also ScarfGon has great coveage. Recommended changes are from Toxic Spork and Ginganinja.

Threat List

Not done

• Green means they are not a problem for me.
  • Orange means they can cause a bit of trouble.
  • Red means they are very difficult to take down.
Offensive Threats

Aerodactyl : Tyranitar can Stone Edge for an OHKO. Metagross will destroy it with Bullet Punch.

---

Alakazam : Tyranitar can Pursuit for an OHKO regardless of switching. Bullet Punch from Metagross OHKOs.

---

Azelf : Tyranitar can Pursuit for an OHKO regardless of switching.

---
Breloom : Switch in something useless then use Salamence to set up on.

---
Dragonite : Machamp can Ice Punch Dragonite to death. If needed Tyranitar can Stone Edge.

---
Electivire : Earthquake from Salamence will OHKO.

---
Empoleon : Machamp can Dynamic Punch. SubPetya Agility is crippled by Flygon.

---
Flygon :
Ice Punch with Machamp.

---
Gengar :
Tyranitar can Pursuit for an OHKO regardless of switching. MYSTICGar can be dealt with by Machamp.

---
Gyarados : Flygon Stone Edges.

---
Heatran : Machamp can deal with it but has to be very careful because it is outrun and 2HKOed by ScarfTran Fire Blast.

---
Heracross : Jirachi can Fire Punch for an OHKO.

---
Infernape : MixApe destroys this team. Only ScarfGon destroys Mixape.

---
Jirachi : OHKOed by ESQ coming of ScarfTar. Magnezone can trap ScarfAchi and kill.

---
Jolteon : If carrying HP Ground I'm dead. Charge Beam set will sweep this team easily.

---
Kingdra :
Rotom-W can and will Discharge for a nice 2HKO.

---
Lucario : Machamp can take a +2 ESpeed and OHKO with Dynamic Punch. EQ from ScarfTar also OHKOs.

---
Machamp : My Machamp out speeds and Dynamic Punches before they can.

---
Magnezone: My Magnezone out speeds and kills.

---
Mamoswine : Metagross will Meteor Mash + Bullet Punch it.

---
Metagross : EQ coming off Tyranitar.

---
Salamence : Stone Edge from Tyranitar OHKOs.

---
Scizor : Magnezone can OHKO with HP Fire.

---
Starmie : Tyranitar can take a LO Surf and Pursuit.

---
Togekiss :
Flygon Stone Edge.

---
Tyranitar : Machamp and Tyranitar will OHKO with Dynamic Punch and Earthquake respectively.

---
Weavile : Beaten with Jirachi's Iron Head.

---
Yanmega : Stone Edge coming off Tyranitar.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well this looks like an excellent team. As stated Heatran and Infernape become large issues to your team. I have 2 possiable solutions

The first solution is that you run a Bulky Gyarados over Rotom, this is an excelent way of putting a stop to Inferrnape and Heatran. It also serves as a nice switch in to fire moves which yor team lacks reliable switch ins. The main issue IO can see if you take this route is an increased Jolteon wekness, Magentzone serves as an excellent check to it and Scarf Tar can also weaken it with Earthquake.

However if the weakness to Jolteon is distastfull then a Scarf/Band Flygon is an excellent alternative to Rotom. It has an immunity to Electric attacks and still has an immunnity to ground moves. Flygon does lack so of Gyarados' punch however and If you run Band to ofset this you increase your weakness to Mixape. Scarf Flygon though, does make an excellent check to fire types such as Heatran or Infernape.

Hope I helped

Have a Nice Day!

Hey I got your Message!

I don't understand the point of Rotom at all, to be honest. You don't need an anti-spinner on an offensive team, unless you have spikes and/or toxic spikes. I'd recommend a switch to ScarfFlygon in this spot, to help with your threats. This also helps the large weakness to DDMence you're boasting (scarftar doesn't outspeed +1).

This team is also weak to Lucario, because no one would ever use extremespeed against machamp... they all use close combat and easy kill. Basically, only Tyranitar can revenge, and he is worn down quite easily. Also, if Lucario is running Bullet Punch, he beats the entire team. For this reason, I'd run a Jirachi lead over Metagross (not scarfed, just a wish/sr/iron head/ fire punch one should do fine).

That's all I got, good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)