Classic team, now retired.

Credits to IggyBot and Bologo for helping me on this team.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/42 Atk/216 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Choice Band Tyranitar is a beast. With over 500 attack, I can easily OHKO running Gengar and Starmie, while they can't do anything to me. Surf is a 3-4HKO. Now look at those Gengar and Starmie! This is my main counter to special threats, namely SpecsMence. With those EVs, SpecsMence can't really destroy me. The only reason Tyranitar is the lead is because I need to get Sandstorm before Shuckle comes in. This particular Tyranitar can also beat ScarfChomp and non-LO Garchomp switchins.

---

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP/236 Def/16 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Toxic

Shcukle is one of the only Pokemon that can take lots of hits from both sides. With this EV spread, I have 500 SpDef without Sandstorm, and 750 SpDef with Sandstorm. Max Defence is needed in order to take hits from those hard sweepers. I used to run Stealth Rock > Toxic, but after the addition of Foretress, I really didn't need Stealth Rock much anymore.

---

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- U-turn

Yanmega can be described in one word. That one word is Beast. With Choice Specs and Tinted Lens, I can OHKO and 2HKO many sweepers, and get my team going. I find I use Air Slash the most in order to catch opposing Pokemon expecting me to have Speed Boost, only to get hit by a Choice Specs Air Slash and Tinted Lens. I used to have Giga Drain over U-Turn, but I've found Giga Drain pretty useless.

---

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/162 Atk/96 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Foretress is the Pokemon on my team that is easiest to replace. The only reason it's on this team is becasuse I need a spinner to help cover Yanmega. However, without Wish, this is pretty much useless. I also need as much Tyranitar coverage as possible, as my team is somewhat weak to it. This is pretty much my main way to beat Tyranitar other than Celebi.

---

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Reflect

At first, this Pokemon may look a bit outdated with Reflect. However, outdated or not, it's extremely useful. Reflect allows me to beat Tyranitar. My main Swampert and Starmie counters too. Hidden Power Ice is extremely useful to get Garchomp with. Celebi saves me from lots of threats. Without it, this team would not be good at all, and not be able to do anything but lose.

---

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 92 HP/78 Def/88 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Magnzone is the final Pokemon on this team. Substitute and Thunder Wave let me set up my slow team, so my speed isn't a problem anymore. Hidden Power Ice is to kill Choice Garchomp or ones that are stuck in Outrage. Thunderbolt is for good STAB. Destroying Skarmory, Foretress, and Bronzong is great for a team like this, and Magnzone has been really useful.

---

Ok Waffles :P
Your Team has a bad ScarfCross weakness. You can't switch in anything onto it except for Forretress, which has no moves to kill it, and gets slowly worn down by his Close Combat. Something to think about.

Blissey outright walls 5/6 of your team, which is intolerable in OU. Drop Magnezone for something Physcial that can destroy the steel walls that Magnezone is designed to kill. You know what I am getting at- Swords Dance Lucario. Fits this team excellently, as it can beat Blissey, OHKO Skarmory after a Swords Dance and 1 layer of rocks, OHKO Bronzong with a Swords Dance, kill Metagross, Forretress, etc. Oh, and speaking of that, Swords Dance Lucario ironically destroys you, especially when it has a turn to set up when Tyranitar is locked into Pursuit or Stone Edge(the power from Choice Band is very noticeable, therefore it is predictable). Seeing this is such a big issue, Gliscor belongs in here. This is a very difficult choice, but in my honest opinion Forretress needs to be replaced by Gliscor(standard Stealth Rock set up). Now that Gliscor has the role of setting up rocks, Shuckle can be either ditched or refined to fill a niche for this team. Yes, its role is critical- Take special hits from Gengar and heavy special attackers while being a "sleep absorber." Taking into account Gliscor can lay the rocks, replace Shuckle with standard Calm Restalk Zapdos to absorb Gengar shit, take on Mixape, Azelf, etc. Which reminds me...Mixape decimates you. You have two options- Rely on Zapdos/ Sandstream damage/ Life Orb Damage with Lucario's Extremespeed OR run Starmie over Yanmega. Starmie not only will eliminate the Ape weakness, but Gyarados will be walled even harder, most important the Life Orb variants that 2HKO Celebi with a +1 Ice Fang. Hell if you really want to you can run Hasty ScarfTar and keep Yanmega. ScarfTar outspeeds Infernape obviously, which means a prompt and surprising revenge kill almost 100 percent of the time. Up to you.

Good luck.

I really don't see how I have a ScarfCross weakneess. Just because I don't have a perfect "counter" to it dosen't mean it's hard to beat. When it's locked into any move, I can just switch in on it, and beat it up.

@Slice: I hope we can have one of out nice AIM conversations again, they're great. I'm not too worried about Lucario right now, as Yanmega can take an Extremeed from Lucario and finish it. Now, when yu put it that way, I really don't need to replace any of those Pokemon. I haven't had problems with MixApe either, I usually go to Shcukle and Encore the Nasty Plot or something on those lines. I'm thinking though, if if I think Celebi is enough for Tyranitar, I'd definetly try to fit SR somewhere else onto this team, and replace Foretress with Starmie. However, I'm not sure about beating Tyranitar right now.

-Lucario can easily set up and sweep you, as Stealth Rock is not hard to set up in OU therefore it rips through you're team like a hot knife in butter.
-Adding Gliscor will let you take hits from CBtar(which is an obvious weakness), as well as Lucario to an extent.

-Mixape beats you with no set up after Shuckle has been killed(not hard, Wob, Gyara, Taunt, etc.)

Like I said Slice, I can get in on the SD, take a hit, then Rapid Spin the Stealth Rock away. If the opponent tries to do anything, he'll get hit by a EQ. Either way, Yanmega can come in afterwards and finish it. Shuckle isn't hard to keep alive either, SS is always up anyways, and I have a healing move. I actually haven't had much problems with TTar. Celebi+Foretress counters it well enough with Reflect. Otherwise, I wouldn't have Reflect on Celebi. I may try Starmie over Foretress if I ever decide to use this team again. Magnzone has just won me too many matches to be replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)