Pokémon Clawitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would expert belt be a happy medium between lefties and LO? It gets a lot of coverage moves, and if you use ice beam over dragon pulse you're hitting about 70% of all pokemon super effectively.

Let's not forget its access to Sludge Bomb. While noticing its power and versatility in battles, I'm assuming that the Fairy-type (Florges specifically) is going to be pretty powerful. The "STABs" and great coverage, while also being granted priority AND momentum-building, can keep Clawitzer from being dead weight. Clawitzer's defenses aren't that bad, either. Keep in mind that they're the same as Jirachi's or Mew's, just a different typing and speed (and those are the bigger problems). I think the reason Clawitzer may have problems is because he will be exposed on the beginning of each turn and must suffer blow after blow. I think that with its attacks and decent defenses, I'm sure it can take a Pokemon or two out before going down.

Hey guys, I've just made an account to confirm that Clauncher DOES NOT get Shell Smash at Level 47, either. So it either gets it at a later level, through other means, or the information on Serebii is incorrect.
Hope it helps.

I think a specs set is most viable because he has decent bulk but poor speed. Clawlitzer's greatest advantage is its pseudo-STAB coverage moves which can be even further boosted by specs. I think Clawlitzer is definitely a solid pokemon

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think a specs set is most viable because he has decent bulk but poor speed. Clawlitzer's greatest advantage is its pseudo-STAB coverage moves which can be even further boosted by specs. I think Clawlitzer is definitely a solid pokemon
You can always post a set and I shall add it to the OP

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
What about through breeding? Is there a chance that it gets shell smash this way? Clawitzer is an interesting pokemon to say the least, but right now I see no reason to use it over something like cloyster or barbaracle.

What about through breeding? Is there a chance that it gets shell smash this way? Clawitzer is an interesting pokemon to say the least, but right now I see no reason to use it over something like cloyster or barbaracle.
It's entirely possible that it does, and I'm not sure if it's been tested or not yet. Luckily most of the Pokemon that get the move normally are available in-game at this point. However, I'm not sure how many share Clawitzer's Egg Group.

It's entirely possible that it does, and I'm not sure if it's been tested or not yet. Luckily most of the Pokemon that get the move normally are available in-game at this point. However, I'm not sure how many share Clawitzer's Egg Group.
Serebii has the Egg groups posted up. Clawitzer is in Water 1 and Water 3, meaning it's alongside Clampearl/Huntail/Gorebyss, Omanyte/Omastar, Tirtuoga/Carracosta, and Shellder/Cloyster. There's a good chance it can learn Shell Smash, but until someone proves it, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Serebii has the Egg groups posted up. Clawitzer is in Water 1 and Water 3, meaning it's alongside Clampearl/Huntail/Gorebyss, Omanyte/Omastar, Tirtuoga/Carracosta, and Shellder/Cloyster. There's a good chance it can learn Shell Smash, but until someone proves it, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
I tried breeding it with cloyster with shell smash, no dice. Kind of makes sense though since there has never been a poke that learned it as an egg move.

I tried breeding it with cloyster with shell smash, no dice. Kind of makes sense though since there has never been a poke that learned it as an egg move.
Did you checked if it was the father's? Because if I'm not wrong the father is who hereditates the egg moves.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Without a move to boost his special attack or speed, a scarf set seems like the best set for him ATM. I don't think work up is a TM this gen, so someone will need to test to see if he gets it as an egg move. Agility and dragon dance should be tested as well. I know poliwrath gets work up, and kingdra gets agility and dragon dance.

Clawitzer doesn't have the stats for standard,...
...Nor does Smeargle. But you know, he's there. (or maybe higher)

...I can't think of a reason to use it over megatoise (much better stats.) All it has is a good movepool that works with his ability well. Yes it all sort of fits together so there is no reason not to use him, but at the same time I can't figure why you would use him.
If you compare the movepool (also considering with Mega Launcher) of both pokemon, you can see that Blastoise's movepool is shorter, while Clawitzer has more stuff like Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast and U-Turn.

Clawitzer gets shell smash , I think it will be an excellent ss sweeper with good moves like aura sphere and dark pulse for coverage not to mention mega launcher boosting all those moves by 50% . I can definitely see this mon in ou with sticky web support .

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Clawitzer gets shell smash , I think it will be an excellent ss sweeper with good moves like aura sphere and dark pulse for coverage not to mention mega launcher boosting all those moves by 50% . I can definitely see this mon in ou with sticky web support .
Do you have any evidence to prove this? Like a picture or something??

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
If you read literally 4 posts above you or earlier in the thread, you can see that it was a mistake on serebii. A mistake that has been corrected....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)