Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Moonlight

I've been really wanting to use Clefable so this is the Pokemon I constructed the team around. I'm using life orb Clef because right now it seems like not much can actually switch into it, especially with it's coverage. Modest is used to hit as hard as possible with our life orb and get some crucial 2hko's and 3hko's we normally wouldn't. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what the speed is for but basically this is an EV spread I copied from one of Blunders videos so forgive me for this, but I'm not sure what hitting 201 speed is for.
Moonblast is strong stab and hits a lot of big threats in the metagamge right now pretty hard
Thunderbolt helps us beat things like Pex and Corviknight easier while OHKOing things like Gyarados
Fire Blast allows us to hit steel types as hard as possible
Moonlight allows us to recover health against things that are slower than us so we can stay around longer

Corviknight.png

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Another Pokemon I wanted to use was Corviknight and I feel Clef pairs well with it by helping remove Pokemon like Rotom W in order for it to sweep. Brave bird because it's our strongest stab, substitute for Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Bulk up because it helps boost our average attack up and our already high natural defenses even higher and roost is for sustainable recovery. The EV spread is so we can be as bulky as possible while still having high speed so when we get Max Airstream Boost we outspeed most of the metagame. Leftovers because with Roost we get an insane amount of recover and it allows us to stall out certain Pokemon when they dynamax easier.

Hydreigon.gif

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon

Hydreigon is here because it completes our fair steel Dragon core while also having the ability to help remove Pokemon like Toxapex and Rotom-W/H so we can sweep easier with Corviknight and Clefable while also just helping us with bulkier teams in general. Nasty plot is there to help us break through things that would otherwise give us trouble, like opposing Corviknight, Toxapex, Corsola(it can still be annoying for Corviknight), Dark Pulse is there for stab and to deal with the already mention threats, it generally just hits things pretty hard. Substitute is there because there are a lot of Pokemon Hydreigon forces out that allows it to get behind a substitute and against bulkier teams this allows us to avoid status and potentially get up a free nasty plot. Flash Canon is there just to hit fairies and because if we need to Dynamax it the extra defense boost can be the difference between winning and losing. Leftovers is here to give us general recovery so we can get off more subs and have healing with Dynamax

Rorom Wash.jpg

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 40 Hp / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

I chose Rotom-W here because I needed something to help this team with Gyarados after a Dragondance or an Airstream, this is also why we chose Choice Scarf as our item.
Hydropump is there because it's a super strong stab that hits OHKOs Pokemon like Cinderace or non bulky Rotom H that otherwise could give Corviknight and Clefable trouble.
Trick is here because it allows us to give a Pokemon our Choice Scarf and which can really bad for certain Pokemon and in some cases force them to have to Dynamax in order to actually kill our Pokemon
Volt Switch is here because it's decent electric stab which helps with Gyarados while also giving us a bunch of momentum
Will-OWisp is here because once we get rid of scarf we can hinder Physical attacks to make it easier for our Pokemon to sweep while also giving some crutical passive damage at times
EV spread is just to outspeed Jolly Gyarados at +1 by one point, 252 SpA so we can hit things as hard as possible and the rest is thrown in hp to give us a little more bulk

Hippowdon.png

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Basically after looking at my team I figured that sand would be super awesome because most of the Pokemon on this team deal with things that are threats to sand already and I wanted Hippo because it's overall bulk allows it to stay around longer so we get more turns of sand
Earthquake is there because it's our strongest Ground Stab and also hits things like Toxtricity for 4x damage which would otherwise give this team massive trouble
Sloack off is there so we can get as many turns of Sand as possible while also allowing it to check other Pokemon better
Stealth Rocks is here because Darmanitan is scary and Firetypes give our team trouble, it also gets some nice chip on Pokemon which allows us to sweep easier
Whirlwind is here so we can phase out scary boosted Pokemon while also forcing other Pokemon to take needed Stealth Rock damage
Originally had Leftovers on here, but at times felt like 5 turns of sand was too little so I switched to Smooth Rock
The EVs here are to help us deal with physical threats easier like Dragapults which otherwise would be somewhat of an issue for us to deal with, while also helping us beat opposing Sand Rush Excadrills

EXCADRILL.png

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

As I said, I felt like most of my team dealt with the threats to sand already pretty well, so I picked Excadrill as our second sweeper and an amazing Dynamax user
Life Orb is here to help us hit super hard without locking us into any moves as well as giving even our Dynamax moves a boost
Jolly is here because I wanted to speedtie with opposing Excadrill in Sand
Earthquake is here as it's our strongest stab and is just overall a really good move to have
Originally I didn't have Rockslide here and had Rapid Spin instead, but our team doesn't really mind hazards and I liked having the ability to Dynamax and set up sand again as a last resort. +2 Max Rockfall also hits opposing Corviknight really hard and allows us to bop Rotoms which would otherwise be a problem due to lack of mold Breaker
Ironhead is here as stab and to hit fairies that can give our Hydreigon some trouble as well as well as the fact that with sand up and the defense boost from Max Steelspike, Excadrill is actually kind of bulky and hard to take down
Swords Dance is here to make sure we can sweep the enemies team even easier and help us break through threats that Hydreigon can't as easily

Threats:

Galarian Darmanitan
Basically if this thing comes in it's either killing something or Dynamaxing and killing something :P We have no switch into banded Darm while Scarf Darm we can try and play around a little easier but if it Dynamaxes we basically are garunteed to lose Hippo as we need to get up sand to actually be able to revenge kill it or it forces us to Dynamax a Pokemon to live a hit and hopefully KO back

Toxtricity
I know I have 2 ground types so this Pokemon shouldn't be much of an issue, but Boomburst hits everything on my team Extremely hard, even Excadrill doesn't like switching into a boomburst as iirc it takes like 40% from a resisted hit

Dragapult
This thing is a huge threat to my entire team as nothing on my team likes to deal with Dynamaxed Dragapult which can basically OHKO or 2HKO everything on my team depending on the variant

Dracovish
Do I need to say more?
Nothing on my team resist it and the Pokemon that do outspeed it(If banded) can't OHKO it while getting OHKO'd/2HKO'd back

Importable
https://pokepast.es/39e4839452809324

Apologies if this is an eyesore, I will hopefully cleaning it up later and it's my first RMT

Last edited:
Hey i really like the team so far, i would use it. The only optional advice i would give is to invest some EVs into Corv's S.def so you have an easier time setting up on pokemon like Pex (without haze), and they don't break your sub so easily. It might also help your team dealing a bit with special Dragapult.

Hey i really like the team so far, i would use it. The only optional advice i would give is to invest some EVs into Corv's S.def so you have an easier time setting up on pokemon like Pex (without haze), and they don't break your sub so easily. It might also help your team dealing a bit with special Dragapult.
Hey man, I appreciate the input. I've considered going Spdef but the issue is that Corviknight is so slow after using airstream then that I'm not sure it's worth it. I haven't really had Pex be able to break sub with Scald, especially with sand up. Dragapult is an issue though so it might be worth considering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)