Clicking on a battle link will open battle in existing showdown tab if possible

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
idk if this was suggested before. currently, if you click on a battle, it opens showdown in a new browser tab. could it be possible for this to open battle in the same browser tab instead but opening it in a new battle tab instead? it helps with following along and managing dms from an already existing ps session.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
What your describing is the current intended behavior already. Maybe your browser is set to open all links in a new tab automatically?

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 12.59.32 PM.png

I had that second box under Tabs checked and tried it without that, but didn't fix the issue, it opened the links in their own windows instead. I'm using Firefox 98. if it helps i'm clicking on battle links from discord on macos monterey 12. tried varying default browsers between firefox chrome and safari and see the same behavior.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
View attachment 416945

I had that second box under Tabs checked and tried it without that, but didn't fix the issue, it opened the links in their own windows instead. I'm using Firefox 98. if it helps i'm clicking on battle links from discord on macos monterey 12. tried varying default browsers between firefox chrome and safari and see the same behavior.
I'm also using firefox 98 and battle links/replays opened i click inside of showdown open in the same tab. Though maybe theres a bit of a misscommunication here, where exactly are the links your clicking? Inside of PS, or outside such as in discord?

Battle/replay links inside of PS will open in the same tab, but ones outside of PS won't. I'm 99% sure we can't do anything about that behavior either.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
ah they're just battle links posted in discord from some off-sim tours/draft leagues. this scenario happens for players that have some hidden battle settings where i cant just click on the profile to see the battle room and join. was wondering if there was something that could be done but oh well ty for response hoeen

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
ah they're just battle links posted in discord from some off-sim tours/draft leagues. this scenario happens for players that have some hidden battle settings where i cant just click on the profile to see the battle room and join. was wondering if there was something that could be done but oh well ty for response hoeen
No problem, consider using the /j [battle URL] command to join the battle room, yes it works with full URLs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)