ORAS NU Coconuts And Fetuses Ft. Lolbro

Little Monsters(Lolbro)

Fireflies(Blaze)
[Something quirky for a quirky team. Plus the word slowly :^)]

Teambuilding Process
So we originally planned to have a psychic spam core with two ridiculously powerful special attackers: Beheeyem and Exeggutor.
Next we needed something to setup Stealth Rock and Trick Room; eat Knock Offs, and provide momentum to easily bring in our sweepers, so Carbink was a logical choice. It's generally a suicide lead, but can be preserved, as it's still able to chew a lot of hits due to it's ridiculous bulk.

We of course also wanted some other Pokemon to abuse Trick Room. So an easy choice that came to mind was Hariyama. Hariyama is almost as powerful as NU's premier nuke, Choice Band Sawk, but of course is a lot slower, allowing it to easily abuse Trick Room. It also has Bullet Punch priority, which can be useful in a lot of scenarios. It's also worth noting if it happens to get a guts boost, well... everything just dies. Hariyama is also able to function as a decent pivot in-and-out of resisted hits with it's absurd natural bulk.

While Swellow at first glance may not seem like the optimal choice for a team that inverses speed, we decided upon using Swellow as a win condition, as once most, if not all of an opponent's team is weakened, you can literally just spam Boomburst and win. Nothing common outspeeds Swellow unless it has a Choice Scarf, and Boomburst is just an incredibly powerful move in general.

Octillery is here to provide a strong nuke under trick room to go along with Hariyama. It's also capable of switching it's moves to abuse it's incredible coverage, making it less easily walled, and it also gives us a decent switch-in to opposing water types as Hariyama isn't running assault vest, making us considerably weaker to them.

Looking at the psychics we had chosen, we had picked out two that weren't exactly that bulky, losing to stuff like even Banded Sawk's Close Combats and being really underwhelming defensively. We decided to replace Exeggutor and just use Beheeyem for our Psychic-type Trick Room abuser, adding instead a Pokemon that had a lot of longevity and bulk for repeated Trick Room setting. So Musharna was chosen, as we had no real check to powerful physical attackers, mainly opposing fighting types, as Carbink checked most other physical attackers and Octillery checked most steels fairly well.

Beheeyem was seeming a bit underwhelming under Trick Room, as it lacked both it's signature Analytic boosts and it's 'nuke move' was easily stopped, chewed or capitalized on by a lot of other Pokemon. So after a bit of discussion on trying to figure out what to use for our final abuser, we eventually decided on trying out a Choice Banded Flareon, due to 130 attack + Flare Blitz. While it wasn't terrible, we felt that we could find something more effective, and eventually decided on Exeggutor (again).

Exeggutor replaced Flareon as Lanturn was becoming a bit of a thorn in our side, and being able to have a third trick room setter that doubles as a powerful nuke was useful as well. Being capable of switching it's moves and hitting on both sides of the spectrum was also nice.

The Team

Overview

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk/ 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Moonlight
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psychic
- Trick Room

Analysis
Blaze: Musharna is an effective Trick Room setter, especially more late-game as opposed to Carbink which takes more of a lead role. It's absurdly bulky, allowing it to chew hits from practically anything in the tier. Moonlight allows it to stay alive throughout a match and continually come in to set up tr if needed. Psychic is the stab of choice, as opposed to Psyshock, allowing it to hit Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Weezing, and Garbodor harder. Hidden Power Ground may seem like an odd choice, but after some irritating encounters with Klinklang, which otherwise managed to get up free subs on this and become extremely annoying to deal with, we decided to just throw this on as the previous forth slot, Healing Wish wasn't being used. Hidden Power Ground also allows us to hit Skuntank, which might be obnoxious otherwise

lolbro: TL;DR this mon is really fat, allowing some clutch Trick Room setting late in the game to allow our Trick Room sweepers to come in and clean up. The reliable ability to check Sawk is also greatly appreciated by this team, as we have little to check it otherwise.
Alternative Options
Signal Beam is always an alternative option as it allows up to hit Malamar and Shiftry, as well as other Psychic types. Healing Wish is usable as well as it gives momentum, and potentially heals up a weakened teammate, even possibly giving Octillery full health to spam Water Spout again. However using Healing Wish also sacrifices Musharna, which often isn't worth it.

Carbink @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP /16 Def / 8 Atk / 236 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Moonblast

Analysis
lolbro: This is our lead TR setter, as well as our rocks setter. Can function as a suicide lead or can use boom for momentum mid/late game. Carbink is our primary way to check tauros/archeops/magmotar, as nothing else comes in on them, really. EVs hit jump point in defense, split the rest into the usable stats. 0 speed ivs+sassy nature allow us to outslow nearly everything. Mental Herb is here to prevent getting taunted. This is also our Scyther check.
Blaze: Carbink is a nice fit for the team overall. Not many mons have access to TR + SR, and all seem a bit less useful than Carbink's more useful defensive typing, and access to Explosion for momentum is another niche over some of them. Sturdy can also be useful in certain cases like random steel coverage or a Mawile. It's kinda self explanatory, you just click tr and/or rocks and then explode.

Alternative Options
Toxic on Carbink to try to beat annoying bulky things like opposing Musharna could potentially work, and random coverage like Earth Power or STAB Power Gem might also have some uses, I suppose.

Hariyama @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Analysis
Blaze: Hariyama is incredibly powerful, with base 120 attack and Close Combat with STAB. Add in a potential guts boost, and a choice band, and you have very limited switch-ins and a lot of raw power. It's got a ton of natural bulk with it's absurd 144 HP stat. With Sp. Def investment it honestly doesn't even need an AV to tank a lot of special hits. It also has Knock Off to cripple or kill practically any switch-in to a Close Combat that isn't holding a Colbur Berry, and Bullet Punch to help pick off and clean anything pesky standing after TR, or even weaken something enough for it to die to a Boomburst from Swellow, which are nice.
lolbro: Hariyama is a deadly nuke under tr, being able to almost mindlessly click Close Combat and get tons of kills. Close Combat is the STAB of choice, Knock Off is standard to beat ghosts and psychics, Bullet Punch is useful priority to get random kills here-and-there, and Earthquake is for Garbodor so we don't have to kill ourselves with recoil to get by it. Guts is the most practical ability so Pokemon like Weezing which could cripple us with burns can't, and instead make Hariyama even more threatening. It's also a generally good status absorber and doesn't fear things such Scalds from defensive Water-type Pokemon.

Alternative Options
Heavy Slam is usable over Bullet Punch or Earthquake to hit Mega Audino for a 2HKO, as well as offer decent neutral coverage against other Pokemon to lock into. It hits very hard against a lot of mons because of Hariyama's weight stat. Stone Edge is also a usable coverage move that beats Scyther and again offers good neutral coverage.

Octillery @ Mystic Water
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Water Spout
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

Analysis
lolbro: Octillery is probably the most effective nuke on the team, despite having the lowest attacking stat of the three. Water Spout decimates opposing pokemon especially with most Water Spout switch-ins getting hit hard by Energy Ball or Fire Blast coverage, and finally Hydro Pump is a back-up stab for when we're at percents where Water Spout becomes weak.
252+ SpA Mystic Water Octillery Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Weezing: 373-439 (112 - 131.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mystic Water Octillery Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Scyther: 223-264 (65 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mystic Water Octillery Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 169-201 (41.2 - 49%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Octillery Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 268-316 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Blaze: Octillery is actually surprisingly capable. It has an ungodly movepool and a very solid special attack stat. Water Spout is a devastatingly powerful move, and even after potential SR damage, 131 base power with no miss chance is still incredible. Being able to switch moves allows it to break through most water resists or immunities, though Lanturn is still annoying. Water/Fire/Grass coverage hits everything important neutral except dragons. Fire Blast picks off grass types like Vileplume or Lilligant, and Energy Ball hits other water types fairly hard, most of which can't do much back. It's also worth noting Fire Blast hits Ferroseed really hard.

Alternative Options
Ice Beam over Water Spout with a Life Orb or an Expert Belt is usable to attain perfect coverage on the entire tier and hit certain mons harder, for instance Cradily. Samurott or Specs Gorebyss is also a legitimate option here, although Samurott might be a tad too fast for a TR dependent team. Note these pokemon both lack the nuking power of mystic water boosted Water Spout and have worse/weaker coverage, unless mixed Samurott, which still loses the aforementioned power.

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Ability: Harvest
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Trick Room
Analysis
Blaze: Oddly enough Exeggutor was originally meant to be on the team, and yet managed to get back on. It's definitely earned this spot though, as it's impressively powerful with it's dual stabs. Most resists to Leaf Storms or Giga Drains do not enjoy eating a Psyshock, which specifically helps to break things such as AV Magmortar that Psychic cannot. It cores really well with Octillery, beating a lot of water checks, and resisting hits from Electric Types, though it has to be wary of their coverage or secondary STAB.

lolbro: Eggy is the offensive Trick Room setter, blowing holes in bulky cores such as RhyTurnZing, which walls a lot of offensive teams. This is also a reliable check under Trick Room to most of the things that want to come in on Octill to sponge the spout/hydro.

Alternative Options
Hidden Power Ground to bop Skuntank is very nice, and also prevents getting walled by things like Mawile and Klinklang. Sleep Powder over Giga Drain or Leaf Storm is usable for free turns and crippling anything obnoxious that Exeggutor fails to beat with it's STABs.

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Analysis
lolbro: Swellow is our wincon, as the powerful Trick Room abusers line up perfectly to get rid or severely weaken the checks to Swellow such as Rock-type and Steel-type Pokemon. It also helps us loosely check sleep users like Lilligant and Vivillon after TR has ended.

Blaze: Boomburst is probably one of the most absurd moves in Pokemon when on a Normal-type, as seen by Exploud rising from irrelevancy to RU. Even with Swellow's quite frankly terrible base 50 special attack, it's still a devastatingly powerful pokemon that hits anything not Rock or Steel type hard. Even then it can wear down it's own checks over time. So of course, when there's, say, only a couple of the opponent's mons left on the field after our Trick Room setters are gone, Swellow is definitely capable of clearing the field and winning the game. It has other moves I guess but Ihave yet to even click half of them.
Alternative Options
Removing Hidden Power Grass/replacing it with Heat Wave is feasible as it allows us to check Lilligant and Vivillon better as the only moves we can hit them with are super effective or powerful, and makes sleep talk rolls more in our favour to beat them if it comes down to that, as opposed to a resisted hidden power. It also helps to beat some random steel types, ie: Mawile; Klinklang and Pawniard.

Modest Scarf Chatot can also go here as it is faster, stronger, and has the same coverage. The only problem with this is you lose scrappy and all of Chatot's abilities are worthless.

Threat List

Scarf Rotom: This pokemon impedes Hariyama from spamming Close Combat inside Trick Room, and once we need to set Trick Room, can cripple our setters with a simple tricking of it's Choice Scarf. Late-game, it also can stop Swellow from sweeping as it is faster with Choice Scarf, and KOs with Volt Switch

CM Musharna: This is probably the biggest threat to our team, as very little can hurt it, and that number decreases after even a single Calm Mind. Our best option is probably to Knock Off with Hariyama, but it speed ties.

Taunt Archeops: Not only is Archeops a powerful wall-breaker who can decimate Carbink with coverage moves, it has Taunt to completely shut down all of the Trick Room setters if Carbink has burned it's Mental Herb.

Hariyama @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Musharna @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 2 Spe
- Moonlight
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Trick Room

Carbink @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 16 Def / 236 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Moonblast

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Octillery @ Mystic Water
Ability: Sniper
Quiet Nature
- Water Spout
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Ability: Harvest
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Trick Room

I just through together some different or weird songs/remixes to fit the weirdness that is Trick Room. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE0WTNCpki2kvGKrLbmxWz3uxkRZSUGCM

This is hard, honestly. I've had a lot of friends, acquaintances, and people I've looked up to here on PS! and Smogon in my two years of hanging around here. I'm going to forget people or something I'm sure in all of these categories, but I'll try and do the best I can off the top of my head.
Abusevictimstar124, Marikeinen (and your twerking Probopass), Silver Aurum(the god of anagrams, {

[17:59]@ Silver Aurum: My shoutout is incomplete
[17:59]@ Silver Aurum: I'm also the god of weebs}), Aladyyn, Quite Quiet, BB-8-NU(the god of CC 1v1), Sir Kay(At least you can't redirect my analysis to PU haha), Disjunction, Adaire, sirdoucheman, Montsegur, https://www.youtube.com/user/SmogonRaseri, https://www.youtube.com/user/gottagokiyo, https://www.youtube.com/user/DeejDyPokemon, https://www.youtube.com/user/MrTeddehh and https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCanadianWifier (even though I haven't had time to watch much of y'all's videos lately, Dentricos(even if Cradily is bad ;o), tomibello Syncrasy, Winter's Howl, NotNova, MARCU5theBAW5, Realistic Waters RW, Blast Chance, Draeden, snuggles n' fluff, shaneghoul, HJAD, tennis, Hoothoot4ever and a ton of other people.

Also just the NU community as a whole, you're all cool people and I've glad to have been around to even be a small part of it. There's been bad times, sure, but overall it's been a fun ride.
And ofc, https://www.youtube.com/user/NotBlameTruth
[for creating such legendary sets as AV Qwilfish, the best answer to fire spam :^)]

Also lol don't worry lolbro I didn't forget about you, and ty for building this team and making this RMT with me.

Last edited:
Cool team you got there! Trick Room is something you don't see it everyday. It can be really effective at times and with great absusers like Band Hariyama on your team, teams are going to have a hard time finding switch ins. However, I feel like you can still improve this squad a bit. Like you have kinda problems with pokémons that has Knock Off and a move to hit Carbink (like Gurdurr and shiftry).

• Firstly I think you should run Colbur berry over Leftovers on Musharna.
If Carbink dies you don't have a Knock Off switch in bar Hariyama (which I guess you want to like to keep his Choice Band).
It can also help you when you really need to set up the trick room with some survivals against dark type moves.

• Secondly I think Mega-Audino with Trick Room and Healing Wish over Exeggutor. However I like Exeggutor alot with all the weaknesses it has it has alot of problems to set up the Trick Room + you already have a Psychic type which makes you still very knock off weak. With Mega-Audino on the team you have a reliable TR setter. With Healing wish you can bring heavy damaged hard hitters like Hariyama back without trouble of bringing it in (you also are maybe able to bring it in on a TR and still take advantage of the Trick Room). With this you can make Musharna more offensive as well if you think you miss more offensive pressure.

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk/ 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Moonlight
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psychic
- Trick Room

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 132 Def / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish / Encore
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish

Musharna @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Moonlight
- Trick Room

Gl with the team!

Last edited:
Never knew people actually liked Fireflies.

Cool team tho, TR still feels like a seriously underdeveloped strategy in singles, so good TR teams are always a pleasure to see.

Hey lolbro

I have gotten to know you and blaze quite well over the past month and I can genuinely say I'm glad to see you two collaborate to bring about this RMT. It has a quite a unique approach both in the layout, both of you guys putting your take on each individual Pokémon, and the type of team. Trick Room is a ridiculously overlooked playstyle, however in the right hands it is extremely effective, good job guys :]. Onto the rating stuff, I feel like Jarii did a good job making this team a much more difficult to break down, at the expense of huge offensive presence in Exeggutor, that I didn't feel was neccesary. Colbur Musharna was a nice change though, Lefties has it uses but generally if you want to beat the likes of Skunk (which I assume you do with HP Ground) then Colbur is a good option. I do agree that CS Rotom is a threat, Taunt Archeops and Quiver Dance Lilligant. Lilligant more so because at +1, has the capability of sweeping through your team. It doesn't find trouble getting up on it either, it also puts to sleep your 2 main TR setters, preventing it from going up, which is detrimental to the teams objective.

As a result, I'm gonna suggest AV Flame Charge Magmortar > Swellow. I felt like Swellow on a TR team was very redundant, almost like its never going to come in bar the times when TR isn't up, or Lilligant / Vivillon are threatening. It lead me to believe that a Mon with more bulk could perform this cleaning roll effectively, hence my decision to change to an AV Magmortar, which isn't useless inside TR like Swellow is. AV Magmortar can abuse TR itself, since it allows it to outspeed the likes of Tauros, Archeops and Sawk, which used to be able to threaten it, outside of TR. All of these mons in TR no longer check AV Magmortar, since it outslows them. However, thanks to Flame Charge, AV Magmortar can perform a cleaning roll as well OUTSIDE of TR too. It means that there will be more scenarios where Maggy will be useful, a Mon with far stronger defensive niche than Swellow, a stronger Lilligant check, and a Mon that can function effectively inside and outside of Trick Room. The other beautiful thing is that one of your main weakness' in CS Rotom are also mitigated. Sure, it can volt switch freely, but it won't be gaining as much since our only electric weakness' will only really be used in TR anyway, hence Rotom not really being a huge issue anymore.

My final suggestion helps mitigate your Archeops weakness, which is Power Gem > Moonblast on Carbink. Carbink is going to be the main Magmortar Switch in, as well as the main Flying Type Check. It needs to be capable of checking these mons effectively, since the only coverage Moonblast is getting (fighters, darks) are either already handled by Carbink, or by other mons. Power Gem gives you the ability to check the afformentioned threats.

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
over Choice Specs Swellow.

Power Gem > Moonblast on Carbink

best of luck for the future guyz
~HUHjad

Hey lolbro

I have gotten to know you and blaze quite well over the past month and I can genuinely say I'm glad to see you two collaborate to bring about this RMT. It has a quite a unique approach both in the layout, both of you guys putting your take on each individual Pokémon, and the type of team. Trick Room is a ridiculously overlooked playstyle, however in the right hands it is extremely effective, good job guys :]. Onto the rating stuff, I feel like Jarii did a good job making this team a much more difficult to break down, at the expense of huge offensive presence in Exeggutor, that I didn't feel was neccesary. Colbur Musharna was a nice change though, Lefties has it uses but generally if you want to beat the likes of Skunk (which I assume you do with HP Ground) then Colbur is a good option. I do agree that CS Rotom is a threat, Taunt Archeops and Quiver Dance Lilligant. Lilligant more so because at +1, has the capability of sweeping through your team. It doesn't find trouble getting up on it either, it also puts to sleep your 2 main TR setters, preventing it from going up, which is detrimental to the teams objective.

As a result, I'm gonna suggest AV Flame Charge Magmortar > Swellow. I felt like Swellow on a TR team was very redundant, almost like its never going to come in bar the times when TR isn't up, or Lilligant / Vivillon are threatening. It lead me to believe that a Mon with more bulk could perform this cleaning roll effectively, hence my decision to change to an AV Magmortar, which isn't useless inside TR like Swellow is. AV Magmortar can abuse TR itself, since it allows it to outspeed the likes of Tauros, Archeops and Sawk, which used to be able to threaten it, outside of TR. All of these mons in TR no longer check AV Magmortar, since it outslows them. However, thanks to Flame Charge, AV Magmortar can perform a cleaning roll as well OUTSIDE of TR too. It means that there will be more scenarios where Maggy will be useful, a Mon with far stronger defensive niche than Swellow, a stronger Lilligant check, and a Mon that can function effectively inside and outside of Trick Room. The other beautiful thing is that one of your main weakness' in CS Rotom are also mitigated. Sure, it can volt switch freely, but it won't be gaining as much since our only electric weakness' will only really be used in TR anyway, hence Rotom not really being a huge issue anymore.

My final suggestion helps mitigate your Archeops weakness, which is Power Gem > Moonblast on Carbink. Carbink is going to be the main Magmortar Switch in, as well as the main Flying Type Check. It needs to be capable of checking these mons effectively, since the only coverage Moonblast is getting (fighters, darks) are either already handled by Carbink, or by other mons. Power Gem gives you the ability to check the afformentioned threats.

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
over Choice Specs Swellow.

Power Gem > Moonblast on Carbink

best of luck for the future guyz
~HUHjad
<3 ty for the suggestions

blaziken1337 bump this m9, this posts are getting worse again ;~;

haxiom edit: for all intents and purposes this is your bump

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)