Community Create-a-Team 2: M-Lopunny + Lando-T

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
NOVED's Snorlax

As much as I love BuluTran, seeing Lax on some high-ladder teams(and being defeated by it in BSPL) made me realize its potential.

P3DS's Rain - I have a lot of unfinished rain teams, it's something I'm interested in but I always struggle to find the right options to finish them.

Did you have to submit a team to be able to vote? If not:

LegoFigure11's BuluTran

I am new to BSS, Heatran is one of my favorite Pokemon and Bulu is probably the best partner it could ask for. It allieviates its greatest weakness and they near flawlessly switch into each other's weaknesses with Grassy Terrain (kinda) giving Heatran the recovery it's always wanted. I'd love to get an idea of what Pokemon could make this into a dream team. Since the 2 are so bulky as it is, I imagine they'd want offensive partners that can hit the stuff neither Bulu or Heatran hit particularly hard like Steel types that don't mind fire. They'd probably also want someone to take care other Tapus since you don't want to pivot Bulu too much and Heatran wants that Ground nerfing Grassy Terrain.

I won't sink as far as to vote for myself though I feel it wouldn't count anyway, but are people considering voting for me? or are you guys just kind of looking at it and going "meh"?

or are you guys just kind of looking at it and going "meh"?
I can't speak for everyone, but, personally, yes. Volcarona is a great mon, Tyranitar is alright, but they're both pretty bland and 'boring'. It's not that it's bad, it's more that it isn't very interesting to me. Anyways, I wouldn't read too much into it. :)

I can't speak for everyone, but, personally, yes. Volcarona is a great mon, Tyranitar is alright, but they're both pretty bland and 'boring'. It's not that it's bad, it's more that it isn't very interesting to me. Anyways, I wouldn't read too much into it. :)
Seems fair. thanks

LegoFigure11's BuluTran
I mean it is like their meant to be even before sun and moon. Both have excellent abilities that compliments each other very well. This core can go either defensive or offensive depends on what the player needs. I think this is a great core because it is simple that new players can adjust to it.

LegoFigure11's BuluTran has the most appeal due to its simplicity and straightforwardness. There are a couple of different directions you can go with it, and many of them can lead to Tapu Bulu and Heatran's defenses getting optimized.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok I think we've had enough time to vote, here's the results:

LegoFigure's BuluTran: 5
NOVED's BD Lax: 3
TFA's Mega Camerupt: 3
cant say's Psychic spam: 2
Jhon's Mega Lopunny core: 2
P3DS's rain core: 1
Johta's Mega Altaria: 1​

so it looks like we're building this team around the Tapu Bulu and Heatran core! I'm interested to see where this team goes because it can literally go one of both ways in terms of stall/defensive or balanced/offensive. Will BuluTran remain the stars of the show or will they merely support something else?

------------
To save the double-post I'll go ahead and nominate what I think would be cool. This is certainly a cool defensive core, but it struggles with huge threats like Mega Blaziken, Mega Salamence, Earthquake Mega Charizard X, Poison Jab Garchomp, Earthquake Mega Metagross, Excadrill Sand, Flyinium Z Gyarados / Dragonite / Landorus-T, Mamoswine, Kartana, Pheromosa, Alolan Muk, and other stuff. I know that's kind of a long list but it's something we can keep in mind for the rest of the building for this. The most logical addition to me is to just add a good catch-all physically defensive mon to bop all these. A pretty obvious pick is probably Gyarados...

Gyarados @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 220 HP / 244 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Toxic
- Taunt

This helps against the scariest mons to the core like Blaziken and Salamence and gives us that clean FWG core. I just copied the spread from the standard defensive Gyara from gen 6 because I actually haven't used this in gen 7 yet. The speed is for stuff like Cresselia with the rest into physical bulk. It obviously doesn't cover all the things I listed above, most notably Thunder Punch Blaziken and Metagross, but I think it's a good start
Gyara has a lot of options so if someone else has a different set idea it's fine to post that!

Shell Smash Cloyster

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I would like to nominate Cloyster. Cloyster completes the FWG core by being the team's set up player. Fighting type like Mega Blaziken and Pheromosa can straight up KO Cloyster with High Jump Kick moves but it is almost solved by holding a Focus Sash. Full invested in Attack to maximize its damage output, 116 speed EVs for outspeeding such as Pheromosa without Quiver Dance and Adamant MegaZard X with +1 speed and the rest to HP for general bulk. After Shell Smash, Cloyster can just KO almost everything with Icicle Spear and Razor Shell to mons like Mega Salamence, Landorus Therian, Mimikyu and HP Fire to surprise mons such as Kartana and Ferrothorn. With defensive support from Bulu and Heatran by dwindling the opponents mons making Cloyster's sweep much more easier.

So cant say noted a lot of Pokemon that ironically can be smacked around by Ground types. Although it may seem counter-intuitive to nominate one, I would like to nominate Mamoswine for consideration.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard / Superpower / Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock / Ice Shard

Alright so out of every threat listed by cant say, Mamoswine takes care of at least 3/4 of them between Icicle Crash and Earthquake by itself. Slap a Focus Sash on it to make sure it lives a hit.

You can either set Rocks and let it eat up your Sash, or try to nuke the Pokemon, let it also eat your Sash, and follow up with Ice Shard on the next turn for almost guaranteed OHKO just about every single time.

Although it may seem counter-intuitive to run Earthquake, you can bring it as a lead or on the tail end of Bulu's terrain to play around G.Terrain softening Earthquake.

The first move for each slashed spot is my recommended move for the set, although they can be toyed around with. Superpower can be used to hit Ferrothorn, opposing Mamoswine, and Tyranitar harder. Stone Edge can be run to guarantee OHKOes on Volcarona or predicted Charzard Y and hit non-Mega Gyarados harder. Otherwise run Ice Shard.

And if Sash is more important on another teammate, you can opt to run Orb or Scarf instead.

Last edited:
Shouldn't we decide on the sets that Tapu Bulu and Heatran are going to run before we start with other mons that will accompany them?
Both LegoFigure and cant say have sets for each. Lego posted them in their post with AssVest Bulu and staller Heatran. Also cant say put the sets on the current importable on the first post.

Idk what cant say would tell us about it, but I am guessing those are our base line, and we could change it as we got a better idea of what we really wanted to run.

Both LegoFigure and cant say have sets for each. Lego posted them in their post with AssVest Bulu and staller Heatran. Also cant say put the sets on the current importable on the first post.

Idk what cant say would tell us about it, but I am guessing those are our base line, and we could change it as we got a better idea of what we really wanted to run.
Oh right forgot about that.

@ Sitrus Berry / Iapapa Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 204 HP / 244 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Sheer Cold
- Roar / Toxic

Physically defensive Suicune. Great defensive tank that completes the fwg core and who synergize pretty well with the other two mons that are more specially defensive oriented.
It offers speed control thanks to Icy Wind, thing that the team definitely needs, and gives a way to phaze out mons with Roar (a lot of top tier threats such as Mence and CharX can set up in front of Bulu and Tran, so this might be good). Plus Sheer Cold is no joke.

The spread is to be as bulky as possible, and to outspeed base 101 (aka Thundurus-T) after an Icy Wind.

Last edited:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Tapu Fini @ Waterium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Taunt

I feel like a Water-type is the natural next step to take when you're building around Bulu and Heatran, because FWG is an obvious thing and it creates such a rock solid core with a wide variety of resistances. However, I agree with user Fire Fist Ace when he says that a Ground-type would also be beneficial to the core, so I'm nominating Tapu Fini to give the team some terrain control, so that any future Ground-types we add to the team won't have to worry about their Earthquake being hobbled by Grassy Terrain. Given the bulky/defensive nature of Bulu and Heatran's sets, I'm nominating Offensive Z-Hydro Pump Fini to add some surprise offensive pressure and punch holes in the opposing team. From user cant say's threatlist, Tapu Fini can help in dealing with Mega Blaziken, Mega Salamence, Earthquake Mega Charizard X, and Mamoswine, as well as Pheromosa, Flyinium Z Gyarados / Dragonite / Landorus-T, Excadrill Sand, some Metagross sets, and bulky Waters to a certain extent as well.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Tapu Fini @ Waterium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Taunt

I feel like a Water-type is the natural next step to take when you're building around Bulu and Heatran, because FWG is an obvious thing and it creates such a rock solid core with a wide variety of resistances. However, I agree with user Fire Fist Ace when he says that a Ground-type would also be beneficial to the core, so I'm nominating Tapu Fini to give the team some terrain control, so that any future Ground-types we add to the team won't have to worry about their Earthquake being hobbled by Grassy Terrain. Given the bulky/defensive nature of Bulu and Heatran's sets, I'm nominating Offensive Z-Hydro Pump Fini to add some surprise offensive pressure and punch holes in the opposing team. From user cant say's threatlist, Tapu Fini can help in dealing with Mega Blaziken, Mega Salamence, Earthquake Mega Charizard X, and Mamoswine, as well as Pheromosa, Flyinium Z Gyarados / Dragonite / Landorus-T, Excadrill Sand, some Metagross sets, and bulky Waters to a certain extent as well.
Why not Primarina for the same set? I feel like Heatran + Water type is decent but Misty Terrain messes up the Toxic stalling.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
They're pretty similar in a whole bunch of ways, I agree. I suggested Fini because it gives us another option for terrain control and it's a more supportive mon thanks to Taunt + Nature's Madness. Primarina is probably a better fit for the team tho bc it deals with Gliscor and hits harder, so when someone else noms Primarina (someone else please nom Primarina) then I'll probably vote for it :) I just like Fini more tbh, Waterium is such a fire set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)