SM OU Conk Rain

What's good Smogon, I'm here with my first ever RMT. So before using this team, I had a hard time trying to break past low-ladder. The highest I ever got to was like 1460 or 1490. Then I stopped playing, came back, and I tilted and dropped all the way back to the low 1300s. However, one day I constructed this rain team (because rain teams weres constantly kicking my behind in competitive), and I used it on and alt account (kot1q). And so far, it's been absolutely dominant, going 23-2 and I have a gxe of 79.2%. I finally broke into 1500s with this team, but higher ladder means tougher competition, so I want to see if there are any holes that this team needs to patch before I attempt to keep rising in the ladder.

RATING + RECORD:

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 12.54.40 PM.png

TEAM:
|
279MS.png
|
534MS.png
|
658AMS.png
|
260MMS.png
|
598MS.png
|
785MS.png
|

Pelipper_XY.gif

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost​

No surprises here. Pelipper is as vital for rain teams as much as Chansey is for stall teams, because it gets up the rain upon switching in to the battle. Damp Rock is my item of choice because I want the rain to stay up for as long as possible. I'm running a defensive Pelipper over something like Specs because I want to be able to switch in Pelipper on threats like Keldeo and Mega Charizard Y. Defog is so that Pelipper cant remove hazards that hazard leads like Drill or shuckle put up. Scald is to burn switch-ins like Ferrothorn or leads like Mega Sableye, and it has decent power in rain. U-turn is to grab momentum so one of my rain sweepers can come in safely. Finally, Roost is for reliable recovery because I need Pelipper to stay alive as long as possible to summon rain.

Conkeldurr-Shiny_XY.gif

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
AV Conk is a beast. So much so, that I had to name this RMT after it. I originally put him on the team just to beat Ferrothorn, but it has done so much more for me. It is capable of taking on Pokemon such as Gliscor, Zygarde, Kartana, Blacephalon, Tornadus-Therian, and Mega Alakazam. Yes, it beats Mega Alakazam in 1v1 at full health because it tanks Psychic and proceeds to faint it with Knock Off+Mach Punch. (Unless Psychic crits). Drain Punch is its main attacking move because of the recovery it provides. Mach Punch is a good priority move for chip and can also KO foes like Ash-Greninja or Bisharp after rocks. Ice Punch is to hit Landorus-Therian on the switch-in, as well as the many ground types in OU. Knock Off is to remove Black Sludge on Pex, and it helps it beat Mega Alakazam. Iron Fist is to boost Drain, Mach, and Ice punch.

Ash-Greninja_SM.gif

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Dark Pulse​

Ash-Greninja is the special sweeper of the team. And with Choice Specs, it can get off a kill easier and transform. I chose it over something like Kingdra, another rain staple, because of it's raw power. With Specs and under the rain, Ash-Greninja can OHKO most of the tier after hazards damage. Water Shuriken is a good priority move to pick off threats like Mega Pinsir with an SD up, or Choice Scarf Kartana. Surf is its main water STAB over Hydro Pump because in the rain Surf is absurdly powerful on its own, and I don't need the possibility of a Hydro Pump miss costing me a match. Ice Beam is for coverage and I'm using it over Spikes because I have other pokemon to get up spikes. Finally, Dark Pulse is a powerful STAB move to hit walls like Pex, Ferrothorn, and Gastrodon for good chip.

Mega_Swampert_XY.gif

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
Mega Swampert does what Ash-Greninja does, but with its insane base 150 physical attack instead of special attack. Pretty much nothing outspeeds it in the rain barring choice scarf users, which is why any rain team you see will have Mega Swampert. Waterfall is its main STAB move which boosted in the rain can 2HKO much of the tier like Clefable. The 30% flinch chance is also super nice. Earthquake is its secondary STAB to hit Pex and Gear and is its strongest move when rain is not up. Ice Punch to hit pokemon like Tangrowth on the switch and to beat Garchomp and Zygarde. Finally I have Stealth Rock as its 4th move so that I can get up hazards when the opponent is switching out a Pokemon like Heatran or Magnezone.

Ferrothorn_XY.gif

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
Ferrothorn completes the Swampert+Pelipper rain core. It is able to switch in and defeat threats to Mega Swampert and Pelipper like Tapu Bulu, and wall mons like Tapu Koko. It can also switch in on Gastrodon, who beats Ash-Greninja and can burn Mega Swampert. Since Mega Swampert is carrying Stealth Rock, I can use Spikes on Ferrothorn instead of rocks. Chople Berry is to help Ferrothorn easily survive fighting moves like a Superpower from a +2 Tapu Bulu. Power Whip is its best choice for a grass-STAB move, and Gyro Ball is its main STAB move to beat mons like Tapu Bulu and BoltBeam/Fairium or Electrium Z Shift Gear Magearna.

Tapu_Koko_SM.gif

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Defog
Tapu Koko's job is to come in here and start spamming of Terrain-boosted Thunders which will never miss under the rain. It has a choice scarf, because my team lost badly to a Flyinium Z Gyarados. Nobody else on my team could damage Gyarados enough, and Ferrothorn lost to Supersonic Skystrike. Hidden Power Ice is to beat ground/flying and ground/dragon types. U-turn is to grab momentum if the opponent switches in to a Tangrowth or Chansey. Finally, Koko acts as the secondary defogger to Pelipper since Pelipper does not appreciate coming in on rocks, while Koko does not want to come in on a T-Spike or Spike.

THREATS:

Venusaur_Mega_XY.gif
Nothing on my team can hit Venusaur for supereffective damage. I'm considering on putting Hurricane over U-turn for Pelipper, but then I do not have the momentum that U-turn can give you.

Medicham_Mega_XY.gif
Nothing on my team can switch in to Medicham, except for Greninja on a Zen Headbutt. The only way I can beat this is to get a free switch in somehow and KO with Koko, Pert, or Gren.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Dark Pulse

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Defog

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Attachments

(This is my first rate ever in Smogon)
Hello kot1q! That's a really nice Rain team you've got there. Although the rise of Mega Alakazam, which is able to trace Swift Swim and outspeed the entire meta including Choice Scarf users, is a reason why rain to be not as effective as before, it's still a really cool pick!
(I'm using patlop's style of rate, thanks a lot)

What is the team weak to?
Aside from the aforementioned threats such as
venusaur-mega.png
and
medicham-mega.png
, there are also several Pokemon that you have a lot of trouble dealing with.
Mega_Alakazam.png
Mega Alakazam is a huge problem for the team, as experienced players all know Trace is a wonderful tool against Rain, and Conkeldurr has Knock Off. Your Conkeldurr can take 1 Psychic, but the only thing you can do is either double into a Mega Alakazam or sack something to go into this in order to KO Alakazam with Knock Off. On the other hand, once Chople Berry Ferrothorn loses its berry, there is no stopping it clicking Focus Blast.

Tapu_Fini.png
Tapu Fini is naturally a decent check to Rain, resisting all of Ash-Greninja's STAB moves, having Taunt and Defog to deal with Ferrothorn, and generally hard to break through. Although Tapu Koko is a check to Tapu Fini, it is worn down extremely quickly by entry hazards and repeatedly switching into Scald/Moonblast/Nature's Madness, with Scald doing a lot of damage under rain as well. Ferrothorn can click Gyro Ball and Power Whip against it, but Gyro Ball is easily stalled out, and Power Whip has a 20% chance to miss. Furthermore, Tapu Fini will definitely have other teammates that lure in/deal with Ferrothorn, making it a mediocre check to Tapu Fini.

Kartana.png
Kartana gets a kill (or nearly) every time it comes in, whether it's scarf, band or sd. You will have to predict with Ferrothorn and Tapu Koko, switching between Sacred Sword and Leaf Blade. What's more is that a lot of your Pokemon rely on their items, such as Conkeldurr's AV and Ferrothorn's Chople, which makes Knock Off a scary move as well. Scarf Tapu Koko deals with this as well, but you'd have to scout whether it's choiced and if it's going to leaf blade or sacred sword, and having no safe check/counter to it is a huge problem for any OU team.

Pelipper.png
Mega_Swampert.png
Kingdra.png
Opposing Rain teams are extremely difficult to deal with, since the current Rain teams bring Pokemon such as Kartana, Magearna, Ash-Greninja and Tornadus-T. All these are somewhat checked by Ferrothorn, but Ferrothorn is the only Pokemon on your team which can actually switch in into most Rain abusers, making it extremely easy to wear down. Furthermore, since your team doesn't have Kingdra, Ash-Greninja can freely click a powerful Hydro Pump onto your team.. Furthermore, Kartana is also present in the Rain team from the OLT, and after Ferrothorn has been severely weakened, Kartana is free to click Leaf Blade, although you can use Scarf Tapu Koko to outspeed it, or revenge kill it with Ash-Greninja's Water Shuriken.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 164 SpD Ferrothorn in Rain: 174-205 (49.4 - 58.2%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 36 HP / 220 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 217-256 (60.2 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hawlucha.png
tapulele.png/
Tapu_Koko.png
Electric Seed/Psychic Seed Hawlucha, albeit uncommon, is able to threaten 5 of your teammates and heavily weaken Tapu Koko. I have seen Hawluchas run Stone Edge/Poison Jab coverage for Zapdos (which is also uncommon now, besides from Stall) and Fairy types, so it may also potentially be able to 6-0 your team after very little prior damage.

+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 160+ Def Pelipper: 243-286 (75.2 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 326-386 (90.5 - 107.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Swampert-Mega: 339-399 (99.4 - 117%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 92+ Def Chople Berry Ferrothorn: 246-291 (69.8 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

What can be changed?
I wanted to edit the team to something new, something unlike the already well-developed Rain teams in the meta currently.

I understand that Conkeldurr may be important for breaking Ferrothorn and taking hits from the likes of Blace, Gliscor and so on, as listed in your RMT, but I honestly feel like it is not really suitable for a Rain team, especially when fast Psychic types such as Mega Alakazam already threaten your team greatly.

Pelipper.png
Pelipper is a must on any Rain team, and Rain teams are generally weak to Grass and Water types. This is why, instead of being the Defogger, Pelipper could use a bit more coverage to help the team out. Hurricane under Rain does not miss, and it a good way of dealing damage to Tangrowth, Serperior, and Toxapex.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost

Conkeldurr.png
---->
Kingdra.png
Kingdra is a very good Pokemon in Rain, not only because of its tremendous power and Swift Swim but because of it's Water/Dragon typing. It's 4x resist to Water discourages Ash-Greninja to click Hydro Pump freely. It also has access to Ice Beam, hitting Ferrothorn, Gastrodon, and Tangrowth for a lot of damage/super-effective damage. Specs Draco Meteor is an extremely powerful nuke to anything that doesn't resist it. Between Kingdra, Greninja, Mega Swampert and Pelipper, I think your team can fare well against Gliscor, Zygarde, Kartana, Blacephalon, Tornadus-Therian, and Ferrothorn.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

[OPTIONAL]
greninja-ash.png
---->
greninja.png
Ash-Greninja is crazy in Rain, but we've got Swampert and Kingdra, which is why I'm proposing to change it to Physical-Based Protean Greninja. Other sorts of weather like Sandstorm or Sun really annoys Rain, and Protean Greninja is a pretty cool option to help fix that.
Low Kick helps with Tyranitar, Rock Slide with Mega-Charizard-Y, Extrasensory for Toxapex and Mega Venusaur, and U-turn to generate momentum. Taunt can be used for helping the team against Aurora Veil, defensive mons like Ferro and Defog users. This set is a little bit different from the one on the Smogon Dex, but I think movesets differ with teams. I didn't go for Ice Beam/Hydro Pump, as the Rain core already deals with Ground-types pretty well.

Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- Rock Slide
- Extrasensory/Taunt
- U-turn

ferrothorn.png
The Ferrothorn is completely fine, but I wanted to change a little bit more to help your team. You said the team was really weak to Mega Medicham, and I do agree. Therefore, against Fighting-types / Fighting coverage (including but not limited to (Mega Medicham, Hawlucha, Kartana, Magearna, Tapu Lele), Thunder Wave is used! Thunder Wave cripples any of those Pokemon I just listed out, which leaves you with 1 less threatening Pokemon to deal with, and it can also be used against Rain teams.

Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

Tapu_Koko.png
Pelipper is no longer a Defogger and I think Tapu Koko's set can be altered to improve the team. Defog+Roost helps with hazards and keeps Tapu Koko healthy throughout the match, giving it several opportunities to Defog. I kept Thunder and U-turn, and just moved the EVs from the Smogon Dex.

Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- Rock Slide
- Extrasensory
- U-turn

Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

I hope my Rate helped, and good luck on laddering! Peace ~~

Edit: Silly me forgot to put in an importable

Last edited:
(This is my first rate ever in Smogon)
Hello kot1q! That's a really nice Rain team you've got there. Although the rise of Mega Alakazam, which is able to trace Swift Swim and outspeed the entire meta including Choice Scarf users, is a reason why rain to be not as effective as before, it's still a really cool pick!
(I'm using patlop's style of rate, thanks a lot)

What is the team weak to?
Aside from the aforementioned threats such as View attachment 134027andView attachment 134028, there are also several Pokemon that you have a lot of trouble dealing with.
View attachment 134029Mega Alakazam is a huge problem for the team, as experienced players all know Trace is a wonderful tool against Rain, and Conkeldurr has Knock Off. Your Conkeldurr can take 1 Psychic, but the only thing you can do is either double into a Mega Alakazam or sack something to go into this in order to KO Alakazam with Knock Off. On the other hand, once Chople Berry Ferrothorn loses its berry, there is no stopping it clicking Focus Blast.

View attachment 134033Tapu Fini is naturally a decent check to Rain, resisting all of Ash-Greninja's STAB moves, having Taunt and Defog to deal with Ferrothorn, and generally hard to break through. Although Tapu Koko is a check to Tapu Fini, it is worn down extremely quickly by entry hazards and repeatedly switching into Scald/Moonblast/Nature's Madness, with Scald doing a lot of damage under rain as well. Ferrothorn can click Gyro Ball and Power Whip against it, but Gyro Ball is easily stalled out, and Power Whip has a 20% chance to miss. Furthermore, Tapu Fini will definitely have other teammates that lure in/deal with Ferrothorn, making it a mediocre check to Tapu Fini.

View attachment 134034Kartana gets a kill (or nearly) every time it comes in, whether it's scarf, band or sd. You will have to predict with Ferrothorn and Tapu Koko, switching between Sacred Sword and Leaf Blade. What's more is that a lot of your Pokemon rely on their items, such as Conkeldurr's AV and Ferrothorn's Chople, which makes Knock Off a scary move as well. Scarf Tapu Koko deals with this as well, but you'd have to scout whether it's choiced and if it's going to leaf blade or sacred sword, and having no safe check/counter to it is a huge problem for any OU team.

View attachment 134040View attachment 134041View attachment 134042Opposing Rain teams are extremely difficult to deal with, since the current Rain teams bring Pokemon such as Kartana, Magearna, Ash-Greninja and Tornadus-T. All these are somewhat checked by Ferrothorn, but Ferrothorn is the only Pokemon on your team which can actually switch in into most Rain abusers, making it extremely easy to wear down. Furthermore, since your team doesn't have Kingdra, Ash-Greninja can freely click a powerful Hydro Pump onto your team.. Furthermore, Kartana is also present in the Rain team from the OLT, and after Ferrothorn has been severely weakened, Kartana is free to click Leaf Blade, although you can use Scarf Tapu Koko to outspeed it, or revenge kill it with Ash-Greninja's Water Shuriken.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 164 SpD Ferrothorn in Rain: 174-205 (49.4 - 58.2%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 36 HP / 220 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 217-256 (60.2 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

View attachment 134043View attachment 134044/View attachment 134045Electric Seed/Psychic Seed Hawlucha, albeit uncommon, is able to threaten 5 of your teammates and heavily weaken Tapu Koko. I have seen Hawluchas run Stone Edge/Poison Jab coverage for Zapdos (which is also uncommon now, besides from Stall) and Fairy types, so it may also potentially be able to 6-0 your team after very little prior damage.

+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 160+ Def Pelipper: 243-286 (75.2 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 326-386 (90.5 - 107.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Swampert-Mega: 339-399 (99.4 - 117%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 92+ Def Chople Berry Ferrothorn: 246-291 (69.8 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

What can be changed?
I wanted to edit the team to something new, something unlike the already well-developed Rain teams in the meta currently.

I understand that Conkeldurr may be important for breaking Ferrothorn and taking hits from the likes of Blace, Gliscor and so on, as listed in your RMT, but I honestly feel like it is not really suitable for a Rain team, especially when fast Psychic types such as Mega Alakazam already threaten your team greatly.

View attachment 134040Pelipper is a must on any Rain team, and Rain teams are generally weak to Grass and Water types. This is why, instead of being the Defogger, Pelipper could use a bit more coverage to help the team out. Hurricane under Rain does not miss, and it a good way of dealing damage to Tangrowth, Serperior, and Toxapex.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost

View attachment 134047---->View attachment 134048Kingdra is a very good Pokemon in Rain, not only because of its tremendous power and Swift Swim but because of it's Water/Dragon typing. It's 4x resist to Water discourages Ash-Greninja to click Hydro Pump freely. It also has access to Ice Beam, hitting Ferrothorn, Gastrodon, and Tangrowth for a lot of damage/super-effective damage. Specs Draco Meteor is an extremely powerful nuke to anything that doesn't resist it. Between Kingdra, Greninja, Mega Swampert and Pelipper, I think your team can fare well against Gliscor, Zygarde, Kartana, Blacephalon, Tornadus-Therian, and Ferrothorn.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

[OPTIONAL]View attachment 134056 ----> View attachment 134057Ash-Greninja is crazy in Rain, but we've got Swampert and Kingdra, which is why I'm proposing to change it to Physical-Based Protean Greninja. Other sorts of weather like Sandstorm or Sun really annoys Rain, and Protean Greninja is a pretty cool option to help fix that.
Low Kick helps with Tyranitar, Rock Slide with Mega-Charizard-Y, Extrasensory for Toxapex and Mega Venusaur, and U-turn to generate momentum. Taunt can be used for helping the team against Aurora Veil, defensive mons like Ferro and Defog users. This set is a little bit different from the one on the Smogon Dex, but I think movesets differ with teams. I didn't go for Ice Beam/Hydro Pump, as the Rain core already deals with Ground-types pretty well.

Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- Rock Slide
- Extrasensory/Taunt
- U-turn

View attachment 134062 The Ferrothorn is completely fine, but I wanted to change a little bit more to help your team. You said the team was really weak to Mega Medicham, and I do agree. Therefore, against Fighting-types / Fighting coverage (including but not limited to (Mega Medicham, Hawlucha, Kartana, Magearna, Tapu Lele), Thunder Wave is used! Thunder Wave cripples any of those Pokemon I just listed out, which leaves you with 1 less threatening Pokemon to deal with, and it can also be used against Rain teams.

Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

View attachment 134063Pelipper is no longer a Defogger and I think Tapu Koko's set can be altered to improve the team. Defog+Roost helps with hazards and keeps Tapu Koko healthy throughout the match, giving it several opportunities to Defog. I kept Thunder and U-turn, and just moved the EVs from the Smogon Dex.

Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Greninja @ Fightinium Z
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- Rock Slide
- Extrasensory
- U-turn

Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

I hope my Rate helped, and good luck on laddering! Peace ~~

Edit: Silly me forgot to put in an importable
Thanks so much for the rate man. This new team is dope. I forgot that Kingdra had swift swim and is a beast in rain cause its in lower tiers lol.
I was just wondering, what should I do when going up against Mega Alakazam (tracing swift swim) and Flyinium Z Gyarados? And is the Fightinium Z Greninja my only way to beat opposing Ferrothorn 1v1?

Thanks so much for the rate man. This new team is dope. I forgot that Kingdra had swift swim and is a beast in rain cause its in lower tiers lol.
I was just wondering, what should I do when going up against Mega Alakazam (tracing swift swim) and Flyinium Z Gyarados? And is the Fightinium Z Greninja my only way to beat opposing Ferrothorn 1v1?
Mega Alakazam is a huge problem, so you should try and go Ferrothorn and Thunder Wave it. Flynium Z Gyarados is a rather annoying Pokemon, but you can go into Kingdra on the Waterfall, and Tapu Koko can definitely take a SSSS. Ferrothorn doesn't need to be 1v1ed, since the entire Rain team is a Ferrothorn lure. Even Hydro Pump from Kingdra does about 33% to Ferrothorn, and Mega Swampert clicks Earthquake against it.

Very small tip: almost every rain team uses Ash-Grenny (which is exactly why i like protean here). But every ash-greninja is male, so if your opponent sees a female one on your team they'll know its protean. Make it strictly male and you'll be able to surprise em every time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)