Cool Hail Team UPDATED

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
After a bit of battling, I made a bunch of improvments to my hail team. I think its much better now. Take a look!

Let it snow!

Sure hail isnt the strongest form of weather, its still pretty cool. (intentional pun lol) Anyway, this team is meant to do damage by the means of hazards and hail while still able to sweep in the process. Sashed pokemon dont stand a chance against a team like this!

Inside Look

Obama Snott (Abomasnow) (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Blizzard
- Light Screen

Like I said before, it wouldnt be a hail team without Obama. Before it was a physical attacker with a priority stab ice shard and sub punch but now Im making it a special attacker with light screen to support the team. Although tbh, I would perfer a reflect but obama doesnt learn it. 8 turns of light screen are still good tho. That light screen support can allow either my other pokemon to sweep easier or for depxys to send out more hazards. Its giga drain can let it handle gastrodon since they used to give me trouble beating before plus it give obama a form of recovery while its blizzard would do a considerable amount of damage to any pokemon who deosnt resist it. And its sub can allow it to act like a scout for opposing pokemon.

Macho (Kyurem-Black) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power Fire

Calling Kyruem B a beast is an understatement. Its incredible attack stats is begging to be abused. There are very few select pokemon who can hope to wall it. Previously, my Kyruem was a mixed sweeper with max sp atk and no investment into its attac but altho its attack is still very high, it can fail to ko pokemon it normally could of. Well even though it has such a monsterous attack, its speed is a let down a times. Lucky for it, Deoxys will provide t-wave support to help it sweep better which makes it a great late game sweeper. Outrage and freeze shock are its stab atacks while fusion bolt is for coverage. Its 4th move is pretty much a filler. NOt sure what to go with though. Dragon claw would allow it to use its stab attack without being locked into outrage while Earthquake/stone edge would give it extra coverage. Hidden power fire can let it take out some of the very few walls namely ferrothorn. Once all threats are delt with, Kyruem can destroy the rest of the team and perhaps accidentally demolish a couple buildings in the process. Fear that power. rawr >:3

Scrappy (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran is a pretty useful pokemon to my team. Its flash fire allows it to kick ninetale's butt or any other pokemon who tries using fire attacks on my team. It is also an answer to steel types that can possibly give me trouble like scizor and jirachi. Altho its accuracy is shaky, I find that magma storm does a better job than fire blast for this team. Like I mentioned before, magma storm's ability to contue to hurt the opponent every turn plus keeping them from switching out. That magma storm plus hail would wear any pokemon down even with leftovers. Too bad the effect wears out when heatran switches out.

Charlie (Gengar) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

And here gengar, my spin blocker and early game sweeper. Didnt change a thing on gengar since this set does so well. Its his sub disable set. It lets gengar use a sub with its high speed and then disable whatever move it tries to use. I can also use this to my advantage to disable certain moves to allow me to safely switch in another pokemon. Disable isnt where Gengar's usefulness end tho. Gengar behind a sub is very dangerous to many teams and with its perfect coverage with focus blast and shadow ball.

Defensive Diva (Deoxys-Defense) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Like Dyeoxys's name implies (Defensive Diva), it is a defensive supporter in my team. It gives my sweepers a better chance of success with t-wave support on pokemon like terrakoin, and scarf users. It also stops pokemon like lucario, reuniclus and landourus which would be devistating to the team. Not only that, taunt brings stalling to a halt. All that will give it a great chance to get off as much hazards as possible. Its only weakness are espeon and xatu but I can poossibly lure them in and switch to maybe gengar since he has shadow ball or kyruem since any of its moves would most likely ko them.

Patrick (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt/Psyshock
- Hydro Pump

Here is Patrick star. :P He preform any jobs in my team such as absorbing onciming status moves, spinning away hazards which would really hurt my team, and be my late game sweeper along with Kyruem B. Starmie used to be the defensivly bulky varient but the lack of speed proved to do more harm than good to me. Having it be the sweeper support varient lets it take down fast pokemon. With starmie at full speed and power, it can now handle threats that were dangerous to my team before such as breloom. It can take a mach punch and ko it with a perfect accuracy blizzard.It is also faster than switched in spin blockers like gengar and jelisent and can ko them fairly easily.

So I think I covered up that breloom and gengar weakness but think theres still some threats that im not thinking of?

I personally love hail and I believe you have done a pretty good job there. Though you seem to really struggle with Breloom. It can set up on 3 of your Pokemon with ease and those that prevent it from set up are dealt with by Mach Punch. At +2 I honestly can't see Gengar walling it with ease, and switching in to it isn't the safest of options fearing the Spore effectively loosing your biggest check. So I would simply run Psychic over Thunderbolt. Gengar should use black sludge and I would use leftovers on Abomasnow because you wouldn't risk keeping it in for any fire attack anyway really.
Sorry for the lousy rate, I'm short for time.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
kk I added many new changes and moves and sets pluss I added extra detail to explain what everyone does. Would love to hear any input you guys have to offer.

Nice, Good to see a hail team again. My only hang-up is the use of Freeze Shock. While it is a very powerful move, it leaves you wide open for your opponent to make the appropriate switch and could leave you unprotected. Might i Suggest maybe swapping it for Blizzard? Many people overlook Kyurem-B's Special Attack which is way up there, and with the hail up it will never miss so to accomadate blizzard, i also suggest changing your nature to Hasty. Also your team lacks a resistance to Volcarona and if this Volcarona carries HP ground, then your only answer in Heatran is gone and you will be swept. I suggest adding in Choice Scarf Terrakion seeing as your team also lacks a Choiced pokemon. Terrakion can come in on a +1 Quiver and OHKO back with Stone Edge. i hope that I provided some type of insight and that your team is successful in the near future ^_^

TL;DR

Kyurem-B

Hasty>Jolly
Blizzard>Freeze Shock

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
lol i actually just switched it to pure physical kyruem. Before i had it at max sp atk and no atk investment with outrage/fusion bolt/blizzard/earth power but ok ill try givnig it blizzard again and maybe hidden pwer fire or stone edge.

Btw,the idea of terrakoin seems cool but who should i replace for it? and how come it has both rock slide and stone edge?

oh i honestly did not see the error i made on Terrakion, sorry about that. As far as who to replace, I'm thinking of maybe dropping either Gengar or Deoxys-D. Your team atm has 3 dark weaknesses. I can see how each of the pokes benefits your team. Deoxys-D can T-Wave and Taunt potential threats and is Your only means of setting up Hazards. Gengar on the other hand hard stops Breloom, and seeing how you don't have ice shard on Abomasnow, without it you are likely to be swept by a +2 Techniloom. I understand your dilemma, because I myself am having a hard time choosing between the 2. I would suggest maybe testing on showdown how your team does by replacing 1 of those pokes at a time. See how well the team with Terrakion in Gengars place, and then maybe see how Terrakion does in Deoxys's spot. See which replacement works better for you.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
I think putting terrakoin in for gengar is alittle better and I can give starmie psyshock over t-bolt to hit breloom. The biggest drawback is that now I wouldnt have a spin blocker, making it harder for deoxys to set up hazards. It does also make my team a bit weaker to fighting attacks since starmie can only take so many hits with its moveset.

When i tried switching deoxys out, it became a bit harder for kyruem B to make a successful sweep. Those hazards was also a good way to put pressure on other weather teams since their abilties wouldnt active if they get kod by hazards. So thats another problem without them there.

Jeez I cant decide >.< Cant I just rely on rocks to cripple volc?

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello.

This is a pretty solid hail team you got here, and since Hail isn't that common in today's metagame, I would like to give you some huge props. Anyways, this team seems to be very well put together, but as with every team, it has some flaws, and hopefull with my rate, it can become better. So, without further adu, let's get to the team. First up, I would like to suggest changing Heatran to a Specially Defensive set over your current one. Special Defensive Heatran makes an excellent choice for a hail team, as it makes a great bulky pivot for msot hail teams, and it can scare away most Physical attackers with it's STAB Lava Plume, which has a burn rate of 30%, which is always nice. Another change I would make is changing Starmie's set to a Defensive Rapid Spin version over your current one. Defensive Rapid Spin Starmie is an excellent choice, as with access to Recover, decent defenses and an excellent ability in Natural Cure, it has all the necessary tools to run this set, and that's why I am suggesting it to this team. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I really hope my suggestions help this team to become more effective. Like I said before, this team is an solid one, so have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!

Heatran @ Leftovers Lv. 100 -- Flash Fire

Nature: Calm - EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd

- Toxic
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Leftovers Lv. 100 -- Natural Cure

Nature: Timid - EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 Spd

- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Scald

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
ooh kk thanks. After trying it out, I switched magma storm for lava plume and its good at holding back those switched in fighting types.Kept its speed high tho since the speed is helpful. Thanks for everything :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)