XY NU Cool nu team by me, BAW5

Yo, its yah boy baw5 coming at ya with a pretty cool team. I haven't done an RMT for NU yet so i thought i would today. I have no idea how to describe this squad, just six cool pokemon on a team.

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Fire Fang

To start things off, we've got an offensive steelix. This is a pretty cool set that I've been using a lot so i decided to add it to this team to begin. Sheer Force Life Orb Iron Head is pretty powerful, while Earthquake, though not boosted by Sheer Force, is still a good physical STAB move. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock, and for the last move I have Fire Fang. There are a lot of options for the last move, such as Crunch, Rock Slide, and more. Usually I would use Ice Fang, however, Fire Fang hits Ferroseed really hard while still hitting grass types hard as Ice Fang was originally meant for just Grass types.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heal Bell
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

This is a cool set that i kind of made. Heal Bell cures status for the team, which is always cool. I can U- Turn out into other stuff with U-Turn as well. Also spreads around paralysis with Thunder Wave. The reason i like foul play is so random psychical setup mons trying to set up will have a hard time doing so. For example, if a Klinklang thinks it's free to set up just because it went for sub on my t wave, foul play can break its sub when it starts setting up. If the opponent tries to set up more, foul play will do more cause they're raising their attack. Lastly, Sassy nature with 0 speed IVs makes sure i can get off a slow u turn, assuming I didn't paralyze what I'm U Turning out against.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Granbull is a cool physically defensive pokemon that resists the Knock Offs targeted at Uxie. At the same time, Uxie is a good special wall for special attackers that can do a number to Granbull. Play Rough is the main attacking move, and Earthquake is good coverage incase you got a steel type coming in. I decided to go Toxic + Roar cause I'm already spamming t wave with Uxie and I really didn't need two Heal Bell users. I mean I could, cause i have downright terrible luck with status, but I'm not feeling it. Did i mention that Roar also stops setup?

Politoed @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpA / 20 SpD
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This set here is my favorite thing to resist all the fire types running around in the tier. Not only is it a good stop to Fire, it's also amazing against most water types with the combination of a resistance to Ice, Water Absorb, and being able to hit the water types up with a Hidden Power Grass. Psychic is there in case I need to deal with fighting types, which isn't really common, but it happens, sometimes i have to bring this in on a Fighting type. It doesn't matter if they predict my switch and HP Grass of their own; with AV, it won't be doing too much. Usually Scald is preferred over Surf for the burn chance, but I went for the higher power of Surf.

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Pulse
- Scald
- Haze

Next up on the roster is Dragalge, another bulky fire resist that also resists grass. A grass resist is pretty nice, but the main reason I wanted a Dragalge is for the fire resistance, and that's because most fire types in this tier are extremely annoying in my opinion. Dragalge can stack Toxic Spikes, do some damage with Dragon Pulse and Scald (Scald of course with that chance to burn) and Haze prevents setup. Yeah, a lot of set up prevention on this squad.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Lastly, I needed a spinner. Nine times out of ten, I would add a sandslash here, but Cryogonal fits better on this team because it resists Ice and can levitate over Toxic Spikes. I went with a more offensive spinner set with Leftovers after trying out different items, including Life Orb, Expert Belt, Icicle Plate, and even Safety Goggles. I decided Leftovers would be the best item for this set because i can get some recovery each turn without having to spam Recover and run out of PP. Basically, its so i don't have to Recover as much.

Well that was the team guys, like comment and follow and I will probably do another one in the next few months.

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Herro, there.

I'll be short for you. And for me. I'm bloody tired.

The only thing I have to say is that on Dragalge I rarely found myself using Dragon Pulse. That's why I suggest changing Dragon Pulse ---> Draco Meteor. It's the same type as Dragon Pulse, it just deals significantly more damage. Pretty much, it allows you to deal a fast burst of damage to something that is an immediate threat to you.

Good shit, mang.

~~LA

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hey MARCU5tehBAW5, cool team!

I am going to suggest trying out SubCM Uxie over your current set as you currently have no win condition and I am not too sure how you beat any well-built stall team.

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 60 Def / 36 SpA / 224 Spe (228 Spe if you are using Hidden Power Fire).
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain / Hidden Power Fire / Dazzling Gleam / Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Speed EVs are to outspeed Rotom (you can go with 216 Spe for Jolly base 90s like Kangaskhan or Zangoose), HP EVs hits a Leftovers number and 188 HP + 60 Def EVs lets Uxie survive a Audino's Knock Off. 36 SpA is filler you can use it where you want. Coverage is up to you :). If you feel like you REALLY need Heal Bell, you could use it over Toxic on Granbull (you have Toxic Spikes support from Dragalge so I don't think you need it).

Speaking of Granbull, you could try Fire Punch > Earthquake to lure Ferroseed and allow Steelix to use better coverage such as Crunch or even Thunder Fang to lure Pelipper and Mantine ;)

Good luck!

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey MARCU5tehBAW5 interesting team you have here.

I agree with the suggested change to Uxie by Soulgazer to help your team have a good wincon against more defensive teams. If you decide to go with CM Uxie then I am going to suggest changing your Granbull set to either a cleric Granbull or a Rest Talk set. With Uxie giving up Heal Bell and Thunder Wave you can replace them on your Granbull set while providing Heal Bell support to Uxie and friends along with T-Wave support. If you find yourself getting worn down way to easily then you can try out a Rest Talk set, the only issue is that mono Fairy coverage is easy to wall.

Granbull @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave / Roar
- Heal Bell

Or

Granbull @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Heal Bell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)