• It needs work

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Noob team

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • lol, you liek rotomz.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
COOLER THEN THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PILLOW

That's right, my title is original, dun hate. Mkmk so this is my team, It's gotten me to 1100 in shoddy ( which isn't that good but it's higher then I got with my old team ) But it doesn't seem to get me any higher, I'll need some advice. I would appreciate if you read all of it, including the hide bars. And especially the lead counter bar, since this is what this team is mainly about, thank you <3.​

TEAM BUILDING IS COOL BRO:

Everyone knows that leads can play a big part in the after game, could be as fast as the next turn. so I needed an anti-lead, Something that will stop the popular leads cold and give me an edge at the same time. I found that starmie surprisingly did this well, I'll explain how later.

Lead Jirachi flinchhaxes are a common thing, so I needed something to counter such a threat. I found that magnezone could pull this off even easier thanks to starmies anti-lead touch. Magnezone also took away those pesky anti-lead lucarios and scizors aswell, props for being so cool magnezone.

Machamp leads are scary bro, no lie. Only specific leads can beat the champs, but those leads just aren't as cool like the other side of the pillow. Maybe they're just semi-cool, w/e. Machamp leads will either use payback or dynamic punch on starmie, and with starmies touch and the newcomer Rotom and magnezone will be prepared for both. BTW Rotom is my favorite pokemon <33333.

MK so I like "Hey, why don't jirachi and heatran come over to coolville?" so they like, did. Both scarfed and ready to diss the losers who try to step up to the other cool kids like magnezone and Rotom.

wooooooooah! Duuuuuuude! You have too many ground weaknesses!WTFOMG!?! Well, That's why I like, Invited mence over to the cool kids table. He hovers by when Jirachi, Magnezone and heatran need someone to watch their backs, especially heatran..He's not too fond of getting grounded.

THE COOL KIDS

--ANTI-LEAD--

Starmie @ Choice scarf
EVs = 252speed/252specialA/4specialD
Ability: Natural cure
Nature: Timid
~ Trick
~ Rapid spin
~ Icebeam
~ Surf

Okay, you've been patient enough. It's time to tell you what Starmies magic "touch" really is. It's simply him using trick, this will either stop and force a lot of leads out or give me time to switch out and set up with Rotom/Magnezone or Salamence. That's starmies main goal. If it's a stealth rock lead I simply rapid spin as it switches out.

--SUB-SWEEPER--

Magnezone @ Salac berry
EVs = 228speed/252specialA/28hp
Ability: Magnet pull
~ Charge beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Substitute
~ Hiddenpower[ice]

Magnezone is either there when I trick a machamp into payback or when I Trick a jirachi/scizor. magnezone is there to take the upcoming hit and sub. If I'm lucky and I've trapped a steel that isn't heatran then hurra, I can spam charge beam and substitute until Salac berry activates ( Increases speed ). From there on I can sweep. Of course it works for more then the leads I mentioned, depending on the move I will either switch to magnezone, Rotom or sometimes mence..You'll see me repeat this lots. Thunderbolt is there for obvious STAB and HPice is there for gliscores and Flygons who think they can wall Magnezone.

--SUB-STALLER--

Rotom - C @ Leftovers
EVs = 188speed/64defense/252hp
Ability: Levitate
~ Will-o-wisp
~ Thunderbolt
~ Substitute
~ Shadowball

Rotom - C has Magnezones back you see. Tricked Dynamic punches from machamp will cause Rotom to switch, letting it set up sub on the switch. Now I know that machamp dynamic punching a starmie could be a bit rare, but it has happened to me, And it's not as surprising as you would think. Of course Rotom could also switch into other things that have been tricked and sub, depending on the move it's either magnezone, Rotom or very rarely mence. Will-O-wisp is there to break stalls and weaken stronger pokes that might threaten the popularity of my team. With sub up I have two chances for a willow-O-wisp, because it's accuracy isn't as cool as the rest of Rotom's outfit. Thunderbolt and shadowball are there for STAB. He's also my favorite Poke <333333.

--DANCING MENCE--

Salamence @ Life orb
Male
EVs = 252speed/232Attack/24specialA
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naughty
~ Heat wave
~ Outrage
~ Dragon dance
~ Earthquake

Sorry if I'm skipping ahead, I wanted to get all 3 switch in set ups down at the same time. Now, Everyone knows mence has some crazy dance moves, In my opinion not enough to get him into ubbers but he has some CRAZY dance moves. Although I could switch him in when I've tricked a lead into something mence can set up on, but I prefer to save him for later. Although I sometimes Send him out in hopes of luring a steel, which in case I have magnezone for. Now, one salamence has set up atleast one or two dragon dances it will be ready to sweep. And believe me there have been times when I have killed 2-3 pokemon in a row with salamence's Outrage, but it's easily countered by steels, which is why magnezone is there. Heatran shouldn't trouble him much though, If it's scarfed and going to pull off a dragon pulse on my unboosted mence then I switch to magnezone and trap it. If not I'll earthquake it.
Heatwave is for steels who think it's cool to step up to mence, and for skarmories.

--REVENGE KILLER--

Heatran @ Choice scarf
Female(lol)
EVs = 252speed/252SpecialA/4specialD
Ability: Flash Fire
~ Heat wave
~ Earth power
~ Explosion
~ Dragon pulse

Not only does Mence have Heatrans back, but Heatran has mence's' back too. Ice and Dragon attacks are futile to heatran, and ground and water attacks are covered by mence. It's the standard choice scarf set, Explosion is for a last attempt of kamikaze. Dragon pulse for dragons and heat wave is for STAB as well as threatening pokes such as scizor and jirachi. Earthpower is for OTHER heatrans, because no one likes those.

--REVENGE KILLER--

Jirachi @ Choice scarf
EVs = 252attack/252speed/4specialD
Ability: Serene grace
Nature: Jolly
~ Fire punch
~ Icepunch
~ Iron head
~ U - turn

I needed a faster revenge killer, so I got jirachi. jirachi takes care of the pesky Tyranitars who could otherwise hurt half of my team, half being the subs, which are crucial. U - turn will Finnish off a tyranitar and let me switch into a pokemon of my choice. If not I could try for a risky Iron head, But chances are the Tyranitar will switch and cause to backfire. Icepunch is for dragons since I really only have one ice move, and starmie is not always a good switch in, but it depends. Give me any advice for Jirachi, I know that it may seem like I just stuck it onto this team, and more or less I sorta did.

HOW I WOULD HANDLE SOME LEADS: (I Recommend you read this )
Just some examples.

<

Aerodactyl sets up rocks and I trick scarf onto it. Rapid spinning the rocks away as it switches and leaving me with a handy Focus sash.

<

I trick scarf onto azelf and rapid spin it's stealth rocks away as it switches out.
<
+

Now I know tricking a scarf onto a possibly already weilding scarf seems odd, but if it does decide to either be a trick jirachi or an iron head jirachi I can switch into magnezone to trap it.

<
+

I trick scarf onto Champ who uses payback, I then switch into zone for a free sub.

<
+

I trick scarf onto a champ who uses dynamic punch, I then switch into rotom for a free sub.

The most of the leads Are handled in this method as well, so I won't list ALL of them. as long as you get the picture.

Ready for your RMT advice!

I'm up and ready, I appreciate any support you can muster.

I'm okay with whole new pokemon advices, as long as you give reasons for such things.​

Every team should have stealth rock! It would be more effective, since you have two revenge killers, to make heatran a SR user. Just use the shuca tran with Sr, explosion, and FB/EP. Magenzone then can continue to trap the steels that bother salamence. This team is pretty good, you can certainly get higher than 1100.

Every team should have stealth rock! It would be more effective, since you have two revenge killers, to make heatran a SR user. Just use the shuca tran with Sr, explosion, and FB/EP. Magenzone then can continue to trap the steels that bother salamence. This team is pretty good, you can certainly get higher than 1100.
Thanks for the rate! That would make it easier for me to tackle down the winged dragons, but isn't the shuca tran a lead? I wouldn't want to replace my starmie lead. sorry, I'm a bit of a noob so I'm not sure of these things.

Shuca Tran often functions as a lead, but it has great use elsewhere as well. It allows you to bluff a possible Choice Scarf and hit opposing Scarf Heatran and kill them with Earth Power while their Earth Power doesn't. It also allows you to get Stealth Rock up. I agree with Eggbert 100%. You already have 2 users of Choice Scarf, so 3 is a bit overkill if you ask me. Great team, and good luck.

Thanks for the rate! That would make it easier for me to tackle down the winged dragons, but isn't the shuca tran a lead? I wouldn't want to replace my starmie lead. sorry, I'm a bit of a noob so I'm not sure of these things.
He doesn't have to be a lead, but it's good to get SR up as soon as you can in a battle. As the other poster said, SR is very important.

Shuca Tran often functions as a lead, but it has great use elsewhere as well. It allows you to bluff a possible Choice Scarf and hit opposing Scarf Heatran and kill them with Earth Power while their Earth Power doesn't. It also allows you to get Stealth Rock up. I agree with Eggbert 100%. You already have 2 users of Choice Scarf, so 3 is a bit overkill if you ask me. Great team, and good luck.
Well the starmie scarf is traded away at the beginning. But I see how shuca tran could be effective for getting up SR. I also have handy Rotom to block the spins. I'll take all of your advices try suca tran and see how it goes in shoddy. Thanks for the rate!

I'm wondering how you deal with colbur berry azelf leads? Because they can simply u-turn out straight away into a scarf scizor or tyranitar, which usually results in a dead starmie?

I'm wondering how you deal with colbur berry azelf leads? Because they can simply u-turn out straight away into a scarf scizor or tyranitar, which usually results in a dead starmie?
I have run into such azelfs, if it switches into a scizor or Tyranitar then they will probably carry pursuit aswell..possibly it could U - turn first and then switch to scizor/Tyranitar? Atleast then I will have the option to sub scizor with magnezone or deal with Tyranitar with jirachi.

Hello!

First I agree with the above posts about Shucca Tran, as much as I love scarf tran you need SR to have easier times dealing with fliers.

Next why is there heat wave on mence? Use fire blast because it has more raw power which mence always loves.

Now if you want to keep scarf tran which is cool then use a more utility style jirachi with: Wish/SR/U-Turn/Iron Head. Although the shucca tran is a better choice IMO, also why are you using a timid nature on rachi? Switch to jolly, so you don't lose the atk drop.

Everything else looks fine

Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)