Monotype Copperajah and the boys - Steel

So my favourite new mon from gen 8 is Copperajah, and I thought it would be a great idea to build a team around it. Steel in general is pretty good right now and has ways to deal with most types in the meta

So the teambuilding process:

:copperajah: Can't make a Copperajah team without Copperajah

:bronzong: As Copperajah is heaps slow I thought it would be good to pair it with trick room, as the only options for tr are Bronzong, Bronzor and Klingklang this was a no brainer

:Duraludon: Another new mon that I really like, it's got paper spdef but a decent speed tier and good special attack

:Corviknight: Obligatiory Steel flying mon, gives the team a ground immunity and a good set up sweeper.

:Ferrothorn: Water is a really common type in this meta and they all have a hard time dealing with ferro, its just a great wall in general tbh with lots of utility

:Excadrill: Gives the team an electric immunity and rapid spin, good speed tier and decent coverage

The team in depth:

Copperajah @ Life Orb
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

So here it is, the big feller. Copperajah is a really slow but strong pokemon that has fantastic coverage, and 2 abilities that it can make good use out of. Sheer force is pretty self explanatory, boosting the damage of moves with secondary effects but losing the effect, we've seen this best used on Nidoking/queen and Landorus I in the past. And Heavy metal, which normally is a pretty bad ability but because copperajah is so heavy, and learns both heavy slam and heat crash, this means that it has a 120 bp steel and fire move against literally 95% of the metagame (see the bottom of the rmt for more info). It has an amazing amount of coverage but I've gone for power whip and earthquake as i feel that they hit the most mons possible, the only pokemon that it doesn't hit for massive damage are like Charizard and rotom heat. The evs are pretty self explanatory as its got max attack to do as much damage as possible, max hp as a dump and a brave nature to be as slow as possible in trick room. Life orb is the item as it gives it a good power boost which allows it to 2hko or even ohko a lot more mons than it would be able to without it, and I can still switch moves.

Bronzong @ Mental Herb
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Steel Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room

This set is basically the old trick room explosion set but Bronzong doesn't learn that anymore so I have instead gone for steel beam, which seems like a bit of an odd choice, however because it cuts 50% of Bronzongs health its a 140bp move that can be used to do things like prevent defog/spin, break subs and even secure the odd KO all while letting copperajah in the next turn to wreak havoc. Rocks are rocks and we all know how good they are. As its so slow gyro ball is full power against a lot of mons and I've gone for max spdef and sassy to give it as much bulk as possible. Heatproof is the ability as this team has nothing for fire type mons and I already have a very good ground immunity in corviknight. I have used mental herb as the item to block taunt to either get up rocks or trick room.

Duraludon @ Life Orb
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Duraludon is this teams obligatory special attacker, it was specs for the longest time but I found that it struggled breaking some teams apart if it was locked into one move so I have changed it to life orb (shoutouts to Decem for that aids poison team). It's got a good speed tier that is faster than threats like gyara (and toge but thats bad now lol) and can speed tie with kommo-o. Unfortunately it has the special defense of a wet paper bag so even though its a fire neutrality it still gets smashed by a lot of special fire moves. It serves as a good check to the fossil abominations as it is faster than them and can ohko them with draco, and even if they are scarf they cannot ohko as its defense stat is very good and resists fishious rend/bolt beak. It's timid with max speed and special attack. All of its abilities are irrelevant, I use light metal to take less damage from low kick if anyone uses that.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect
- Power Whip

The staple on steel teams since it was introduced in gen 5, its typing is great as a water resistance and ground neutrality and with hidden power getting the boot it finds itself in somehow an even better situation than it was last gen. Leech seed and protect are pretty standard on thorn and I've gone for spikes to stack hazards with bronzong. Water is still a common team to fight on the ladder so I've gone for power whip, but gyro ball, knock off and even body press could work here. Most threats this gen are physical so I've gone max defense max hp with impish, its so slow that I'm not overly worried about things being slower than it for trick room and this way I am faster than min speed hatterene outside of trick room if I need to go for an emergency power whip or something. Lefties is self explanatory

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

I think we all know what scarf drill does by now, mold breaker eq just beats electric and poison provided they don't use vileplume or have random balloons, iron head is the secondary stab and runs through fairy and ice, and conveniently ignores both mimikyu's disguise and eiscue's face, rock slide for flying mons and spin for hazard removal. Max attack and speed with jolly to do as much damage and outspeed as many threats as possible like dragapult and not scarf hydreigon.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Taunt

This mon was genuinely the most broken thing on this team with dynamax but it is still great without it, I've gone for a spdef bulk up set with taunt, although power trip is an option. I've opted to put as much into speed as I feel comfortable basically just to try to outspeed other taunt Corviknights, because they are a massive threat for this team, it still avoids the 2hko from life orb aegislash unless they get spdef drops. Pressure v Mirror armour is a toss up but ultimately imo pressure is more useful in more situations, where MA relies on the opponent getting hax.

Import of the team:

Duraludon @ Life Orb
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Copperajah @ Life Orb
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

Bronzong @ Mental Herb
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Steel Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect
- Power Whip

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Taunt

Bug:

:centiskorch: Bug is pretty bad right now but as I dont have a fire resist Centiskorch can put in work with one of its coil sets, thankfully it's pretty slow

:Vikavolt: Vikavolt is really strong and learns webs, and the only real switch in is drill which takes heaps from bug buzz and can't ohko back

Dark:

:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt has 0 switch ins at the best of times, and jet probably ohkos drill, duraludon can kill it back but it can't switch straight in

:bisharp: Bisharp can be a threat if it gets attack boosts against ferro, corv can boost alongside it but only if its already in.

:Mandibuzz: Mandi is heaps bulky and will live any hit you throw at it

:hydreigon: Steel has absolutely no switch ins for Hydra, if its nasty plot then drill is faster but it can sub on ferro protect or something, if it's choiced you can try to pp stall with corv but specs does like 80.

Dragon:

Dragon is the hardest matchup I've found, literally everything gets fire coverage

:flygon: Flygon gets fire coverage and ground coverage, I have been swept by dd flygon before, that was a sad day

:haxorus: Hax gets cc now, so dd cc is a problem

:hydreigon: ditto above, massive threat to this team

:Noivern: fast as fuck, fire coverage, also can defog

:turtonator: lol, its still slow as fuck though, but is a spinner

:kommo-o: Gets an omniboost move, fire and fighting coverage. massive threat

:Dracovish: Nothing switches in to the vish, I think they run band on drag so dural outspeeds

:Dracozolt: ferro and drill can switch in on bb, unfortunately it gets fire fang and eq

:dragapult: Dragapult is somehow faster than noivern, also gets flamethrower/fire blast, drill is faster though

Electric:

Electric is a pretty easy matchup provided drill isn't played poorly, they have no ground immunity bar levitate users so expect balloons

:dracozolt: same as above but with the addition of webs

:vikavolt: vik can set webs so its a massive threat

Fairy:

Fairy is usually a pretty easy matchup, even more so now that broke ass togekiss can't dynamax

:clefable: clef lost access to soft boiled but has fire coverage and doesn't get ohkod by drill, they commonly carry babiri berry too

:togekiss: Still gets fire coverage and plot so it's still a threat, and everyone knows how much fun paraflinching is

:whimsicott: sub seed is aids

:Hatterene: Hat is slower than copperajah so if they run min speed in trick room then watch out for that. but basically fire coverage with speed control is always a threat, corv deals with it pretty well with both mirror armour and pressure

:grimmsnarl: i guess bulk up is a threat, thankfully the can't screens into dmax toge anymore

Fighting:

Fighting is pretty bad right now, thankfully keld isn't released yet. But yeah, they all have fighting moves, so all threats

Fire:

Yeah, I'm not going to go through this one in depth (hey I copied that from my bug stall rmt) drill kills everything though so thats fun, just hope they don't have scarf cinderace or salazzle

Flying:

:charizard: Flying is a meme type, zard is a threat though

:corviknight: also corviknight I guess

Ghost:

Ghost is pretty terrifying right now

:gengar: Gengar is a problem, if it's choiced then I can deal with it well but it's still a threat

:sableye: massive pain in the dick

:Corsola-galar: Corsola is heaps bulky but taunt corv shuts it down

:Chandelure: I haven't actually seen one on ghost yet but I don't have any switch ins so thats fun

:Aegislash: Aegi is annoying and has good coverage

:polteageist: smash teapot is a problem, though it can't get max phantasm anymore so that's great

:dragapult: same as dragon, really fast, great special coverage

Grass:

:vileplume: who thought this would be a good mon in 2019 lol

:shiftry: gets chlorophyll and a fire move, and dark coverage to kill zong

:roserade: no hidden power thankfully (why does this get technician again?) but can spike stack and sleep powder

:ferrothorn: my only fire move is heat crash on copperajah, but taunt corv deals with this

:whimsicott: encore is a pain

:Rillaboom: i learnt the hard way that this mon gets darkest lariat, imagine just giving a bunch of mons that stupid cat's signature move

:appletun: its really bulky

Ground:

Ground is a difficult matchup as everything gets ground coverage (shock I know) However Corviknight kinda 6-0s

:flygon: Again, fire and ground coverage is terrifying

:mamoswine: the only thing other than flygon that can deal with corv, crash does like 50 and can flinch

Ice:

:darmanitan-galar: Darm is a threat but usually kills itself

Normal:

Normal's defensive core was gutted by the type is still usable

:diggersby: diggersby can 2hko basically everything, but drill and dural are faster

:snorlax: apparently snorlax gets darkest lariat as well, so corv cant take it on as well, but it can still taunt

:dubwool: Unironically dubwool with body press can be a problem

:bewear: heaps physically bulky and gets fighting moves

Poison:

So like 2 days ago I would have said poison is a relatively easy win and the only threat was salazzle but unfortunately vileplume is bulky

:vileplume: takes less than half from drills eq, and is the only thing bar scarf salazzle that can stop it

:salazzle: fast fire types are the bane of this teams existence

:drapion: Is faster than drill so if it's scarf it can knock off or eq

:Toxapex: we all know what this mon does by now

Psychic:

No more victini is great

:Gallade: fastish fighting coverage, gets sd

:hatterene: same as fairy

:malamar: lol

Rock:

:coalossal:I don't remember if I've even seen any rock teams lol, I assume that coalossal is at least a bit of a threat though

Steel:

:Bisharp: same as dark, couple of sds and we have a problem

:durant: not as good without dmax but gets fighting coverage

:aegislash: 2hkos everything but corv, sacred sword ignores defense boosts

:excadrill: corv deals with drill well but if that dies then thats a problem

:corviknight: basically the only reason im running so much speed on mine, dural can deal with it but ferro and drill switch in so easily

Water:

Water is really common right now, thankfully steel has the tools to deal with it pretty well

:gyarados: always a problem, but ferro deals with it well, if its bounce i can protect on the turn it hits, sub gets broken by power whip drill is faster at + 1 and bronzong should be able to live any hit

:Toxapex: pex is pex

:cramorant: this meme learns defog

:rotom-wash: can trick scarf onto mons, otherwise ferro handles it

:barraskewda: gets fighting coverage and is fast as fuck

:dracovish: heaps strong with no switch ins

:seismitoad: only thing stopping dural from spamming tbolt, gets rocks, water and ground coverage also gets focus blast for ferro

:crawdaunt: nothing switches in to this

Copperajah:

Lives a sucker at +2
+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Copperajah: 331-390 (74 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
and ohkos back
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 374-442 (138 - 163%) -- guaranteed OHKO

does huge damage to mandi
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 196-231 (46.2 - 54.4%) -- 58.2% chance to 2HKO

no need for play rough
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 305-360 (93.8 - 110.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
and scarf doesnt ko back
252 SpA Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Copperajah: 314-370 (70.2 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

flygon gets ohkod
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 337-398 (111.9 - 132.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

as does hax
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 337-398 (111.9 - 132.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

another one
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 337-398 (108.3 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

if you can get rocks and a spike
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 231-273 (79.1 - 93.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

2hkos are decent
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dracovish: 187-221 (58.2 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dracozolt: 341-403 (106.2 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

ohkos galore
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 355-419 (111.9 - 132.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

babiri surprisingly saves clef
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Babiri Berry Clefable: 246-290 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

not toge though
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Babiri Berry Togekiss: 292-344 (93.8 - 110.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

bulk up cant save grim
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Grimmsnarl: 530-627 (134.5 - 159.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

gallade dies
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 398-469 (143.6 - 169.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

bewear has a crippling fire weakness
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bewear: 225-265 (59 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

obv salazzle dies to eq
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Salazzle: 941-1113 (276.7 - 327.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

but this is a fun calc
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Salazzle: 211-250 (62 - 73.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Black Sludge recovery

this is resisted btw
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard: 172-203 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

its pretty strong
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Corviknight: 359-424 (89.7 - 106%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

even phys def gets smashed
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 263-309 (65.7 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

if phys def it gets smashed
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sableye: 242-286 (79.6 - 94%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

and if burned it still 2hkos spdef sable
252+ Atk Life Orb burned Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Sableye: 177-209 (58.4 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

aegi isnt a switch in
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 265-312 (81.7 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

Vileplume gets smashed
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 299-354 (84.4 - 100%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
but can heal itself back to full with strength sap sadly

and here i was thinking ferro would be heavy
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 447-530 (126.9 - 150.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

rillaboom dies
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rillaboom: 408-481 (119.6 - 141%) -- guaranteed OHKO

phys def apple gets 2hkod
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Appletun: 231-274 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

one of the few mons heavy enough to not be a 120bp heavy slam, still dies
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 562-663 (155.6 - 183.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

lax is heaps fat so here is a 60 bp heavy slam
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 152 Def Snorlax: 164-192 (31.2 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

power whip does more though
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 152 Def Snorlax: 216-255 (41.2 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

i dont even need pwhip for diggersby
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Diggersby: 344-407 (110.6 - 130.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

drapion dies
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Drapion: 289-341 (102.8 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

sadly pex only gets 2hkod and can recover stall until tr is gone
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 166-198 (54.6 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Black Sludge recovery

eq kills coal
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Coalossal: 437-515 (103 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

gyara does not take this well
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 227-268 (68.5 - 80.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

idk what this garbage mon runs but
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cramorant: 302-356 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

and big rotom gets smashed
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-Wash: 265-312 (87.4 - 102.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I will update this probably if I get around to it, that took way too long ngl but I at least wanted to show off copperajah

Ok so, heavy metal is a bit of a meme ability but it is really useful in the case of copperajah. Basically with both heat crash and heavy slam, the moves base power is calced depending on how much heavier the attacker is than the opponent. The screenshot below shows the exact bp values
heavy slam.PNG
As copperajah is 650kg, the only pokemon in gen 8 that are heavier are mudsdale at 920kg (thankfully its bad), Eternatus at 950kg and Zamazenta Crowned at 785kg (both ubers). However, with Heavy metal as its ability it goes to 1300kg, making it the heaviest pokemon in gen 8 currently. This means that any Pokemon that is 20% of its total weight (260kg) or less gets hit by 120bp steel/fire moves. Only 54 mons from the entire pokedex (including megas/other forms) take less than 120 bp and of those, only 10 of those are legal in Monotype. And of these mons, only Avalugg, snorlax and steelix avoid the 2hko.

Rhyperior -
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 213-252 (49 - 58%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 335-398 (77.1 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mamoswine -
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 562-663 (155.6 - 183.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hippowdon -
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 149-177 (35.4 - 42.1%) -- 87.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 239-283 (56.9 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Coalossal -
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Coalossal: 148-175 (34.9 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Coalossal: 395-468 (93.1 - 110.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Golurk -
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Golurk: 226-266 (70.8 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Golurk: 450-530 (141 - 166.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Steelix -
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heat Crash (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix: 109-130 (30.7 - 36.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steelix: 135-161 (38.1 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Snorlax -
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 152 Def Snorlax: 164-192 (31.2 - 36.6%) -- 75.1% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 152 Def Snorlax: 216-255 (41.2 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Avalugg -
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 133-156 (33.7 - 39.5%) -- 13.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Stonjourner -
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Stonjourner: 166-198 (41 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Stonjourner: 221-260 (54.7 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mudsdale -
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Heavy Slam (40 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mudsdale: 68-82 (16.8 - 20.2%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Copperajah Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mudsdale: 270-320 (66.8 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Thanks for reading if you got this far, let me know if there are any mistakes. And hopefully I will get around to completing the calcs soon.

Hello Fylkir Pudin, very cool team built here around Copperajah and it looks fairly solid, however I would like to suggest a change.

Major Change:

:Duraludon: -----> :Aegislash:

Aegislash is a Pokemon thats too hard to pass on for Steel teams, sporting excellent typing with multiple resists and the key Fighting-immunity provides a huge benefit to Steel teams. You mention that your main purpose of originally using Duraludon was because it was your obligatory Special Attacker on the team, however you lack a setup sweeper on the team, therefore a Swords Dance Aegislash is what I would recommend. Shadow Sneak is great priority used for picking off weakened foes and cleaning up late-game at +2 while making up for Aegislash’s lacklustre Speed. Shadow Claw is stronger Ghost-type STAB move used to hit the majority of the metagame hard, mainly Ghost and Psychic types. Close Combat is used to hit Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Tyranitar hard which would otherwise comfortably switch-in to Aegislash.

Minor Change(s)

Taunt ----> Substitute
:Corviknight:

Small change here on Corviknight, Substitute has more upside than Taunt due to the fact that annoying passive Pokemon such as Toxapex, Seismitoad, and Jellicent for example will not have a chance to burn you with Scald while running Substitute. Another benefit of Substitute over Taunt is that you can use it in conjunction with Pressure to PP stall opposing Pokemon. Substitute will also still keep Corviknight safe from moves such as Ferrothorns Leech Seed and Galarian Corsola's Will-O-Wisp. However, the main benefit of Taunt would be to stop phazers such as Hippowdon so there is still some merit in running it if you wish.

Thats all I've got in regards to recommendations to improve this team, good luck with the team bro

Team: https://pokepast.es/24a5943cf9d29e33

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)