move 3: Power Whip
move 4: Earthquake
item: Life Orb
ability: Heavy Metal
nature: Brave
evs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Copperajah functions as an incredibly strong attacker supported by Trick Room to make up for its lackluster Speed. Its ability in Heavy Metal boosts moves such as Heavy Slam, its main attacking move, and Heat Crash, which provides coverage against Pokemon such as Ferrothorn. Power Whip is another great coverage move, as it threatens Pokemon like Rotom-W, Hippowdon, and Gastrodon from coming in for free. Lastly, Earthquake gives Copperajah a reliable way to hit Toxapex, which would otherwise threaten it with Scald burns and take any of the other 3 attacks very easily. Stone Edge is also an option to hit Rotom-H. Life Orb gives Copperajah an added boost to its damage and the flexibility to utilize its coverage moves to its fullest, unlike another item such as Choice Band. A Brave nature along with 0 Speed IVs makes Copperajah as slow as possible while maintaining its offensive prowess. The given spread maximizes Copperajah's power while allowing it to take as many hits as possible. Sheer Force is an option to use over Heavy Metal when paired with moves such as Iron Head and Zen Headbutt, using them over Heavy Slam and Earthquake, respectively. Rock Slide is also an option on Sheer Force sets, as it allows it to hit Rotom-H.

Copperajah also functions really well when partnered with Trick Room Pokemon such as Hatterene and Jellicent. Runerigus is also a superb option, as it not only can set up Trick Room, but it also gets access to other utility moves such as Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, and Memento.

[SET]
name: Offensive Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Heavy Slam
move 3: Heat Crash
item: Leftovers
nature: Adamant
evs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Copperajah can also function as a nice Stealth Rock setter as well, as it has a pretty good matchup versus entry hazard removers such as Corviknight and Mandibuzz, as they usually can't do much back to it. Unlike the Trick Room sweeper set, this set would need more support, as it lacks Power Whip to be able to effectively break through Pokemon such as Gastrodon and Hippowdon. Nevertheless, the coverage between its three attacking moves is still really good, as not only does it do well against common Defoggers, it also beats Ferrothorn with Heat Crash and pressures Toxapex with Earthquake. While not recommended over any of Copperajah's coverage moves, Power Whip is still an option to be able to hit bulky Ground-type Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Gastrodon, and Quagsire. The EV spread maximizes Copperajah's bulk and offensive potential while also outspeeding Toxapex.

Because this set lacks Grass-type coverage from Power Whip, it struggles with Hippowdon and Gastrodon. A Pokemon that is able to break through the two like Gyarados makes a great partner. Gyarados also appreciates the entry hazard support Copperajah provides in setting up Stealth Rock. Reuniclus is another partner that pairs really well with Copperajah because of its ability to overwhelm Dark-types such as Mandibuzz.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Terrakion., 224364]]
- Quality checked by: [[TDK, 185591, [Mannat, 144451]]
- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659]]

Last edited:
I know this is still in WIP, but make both sets 44 Speed EVs and remove mentions of outspeeding Reuniclus; it's considered speed creep to attempt to outspeed the analysis spread like that cause Reuniclus could just easily run more Speed EVs to outspeed it in return, so it's not allowed on analyses. Eien explains it much better than I can here.

Last edited:
I know this is still in WIP, but make both sets 44 Speed EVs and remove mentions of outspeeding Reuniclus; it's considered speed creep to attempt to outspeed the analysis spread like that cause Reuniclus could just easily run more Speed EVs to outspeed it in return, so it's not allowed on analyses. Eien explains it much better than I can here.
Thanks for this, I was completely unaware of that. I fixed the small issue right now and should have the rest ready soon.

think this is ready. not a fan of offensive sr set and really couldn't find much success with it. probably gonna need more things to write on it, what i have is kinda bad

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Have you used CB much, or found much success with it? I've used Copperajah a good amount, and honestly it's really, really threatening and pretty underrated as a Pokemon. To me, the best set is LO 4 Atks. With TR support, it hits crazy hard, it's absurdly bulky, and with Dynamax in the mix both those just gets amped up even more; it can even set Grassy Terrain for itself.

Copperajah-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

I run this and always have a Trick Room partner. You can keep your spread and nature but mention running Brave and 0 Speed IVs if paired with a Trick Room Pokemon. I would also mention using Sheer Force with Iron Head > Heavy Slam and Zen Headbutt > Earthquake in set details (not slashed). Mentioning a Rock move is fine, but it's for Rotom-Heat, not Gyarados. Remember it should be Rock Slide if Sheer Force.

SR is probably fine really, don't think I'd make changes there. I'd mention Power Whip in set details over Heat Crash or Earthquake, and also think Leftovers is going to be more preferred for a Stealth Rock set. If you disagree that's fine though, I just think LO wants to spend its time attacking, not clicking SR.

For your analysis as a whole though, a few big things I want to cover:

1. You don't mention once that weight related moves (Heavy Slam / Heat Crash) do not work against Dynamax Pokemon. This is really important and should be stated in both sets. They're still the best option, in my opinion, but it also justifies the Sheer Force change I mentioned above.
2. You don't mention how Dynamaxing sets Grassy Terrain, which is really huge for it, giving it recovery and shrugging off Earthquakes. But it also can hurt it, because later if it tries to use Earthquake, it will be weakened. It's an important dynamic that you don't cover.
3. Life Orb damage scales based on the Pokemon's original HP, not its Dynamax HP, meaning LO is even better should it be a Pokemon you frequently Dynamax with. e: leftovers does too fyi
4. You should mention Trick Room. It's the best way to use Copperajah. You don't need a full on TR team, but things like Hatterene or Jellicent with Trick Room can be really good.
5. You should be waaay more positive about its Max Move, and should mention it with both sets. Steel-type SR is honestly really good and has a ton of utility, most notably SR + Steelsurge doing 50% to Darm, Togekiss, and Steelsurge just adding to the damage hazards do can be really good. It also cannot be Magic Bounced or Taunted, which is really clutch to keep hazards up vs some types of teams, and is also worth mentioning I feel.

hope you're doing well n_n

1/2

Last edited:
Have you used CB much, or found much success with it? I've used Copperajah a good amount, and honestly it's really, really threatening and pretty underrated as a Pokemon. To me, the best set is LO 4 Atks. With TR support, it hits crazy hard, it's absurdly bulky, and with Dynamax in the mix both those just gets amped up even more; it can even set Grassy Terrain for itself.

Copperajah-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

I run this and always have a Trick Room partner. You can keep your spread and nature but mention running Brave and 0 Speed IVs if paired with a Trick Room Pokemon. I would also mention using Sheer Force with Iron Head > Heavy Slam and Zen Headbutt > Earthquake in set details (not slashed). Mentioning a Rock move is fine, but it's for Rotom-Heat, not Gyarados. Remember it should be Rock Slide if Sheer Force.

SR is probably fine really, don't think I'd make changes there. I'd mention Power Whip in set details over Heat Crash or Earthquake, and also think Leftovers is going to be more preferred for a Stealth Rock set. If you disagree that's fine though, I just think LO wants to spend its time attacking, not clicking SR.

For your analysis as a whole though, a few big things I want to cover:

1. You don't mention once that weight related moves (Heavy Slam / Heat Crash) do not work against Dynamax Pokemon. This is really important and should be stated in both sets. They're still the best option, in my opinion, but it also justifies the Sheer Force change I mentioned above.
2. You don't mention how Dynamaxing sets Grassy Terrain, which is really huge for it, giving it recovery and shrugging off Earthquakes. But it also can hurt it, because later if it tries to use Earthquake, it will be weakened. It's an important dynamic that you don't cover.
3. Life Orb damage scales based on the Pokemon's original HP, not its Dynamax HP, meaning LO is even better should it be a Pokemon you frequently Dynamax with. e: leftovers does too fyi
4. You should mention Trick Room. It's the best way to use Copperajah. You don't need a full on TR team, but things like Hatterene or Jellicent with Trick Room can be really good.
5. You should be waaay more positive about its Max Move, and should mention it with both sets. Steel-type SR is honestly really good and has a ton of utility, most notably SR + Steelsurge doing 50% to Darm, Togekiss, and Steelsurge just adding to the damage hazards do can be really good. It also cannot be Magic Bounced or Taunted, which is really clutch to keep hazards up vs some types of teams, and is also worth mentioning I feel.

hope you're doing well n_n

1/2
At work right now and I’ll fix everything up in a bit when I get off, but honestly I didn’t even know about the Heavy Slam / Heat Crash interaction. With my time using it, never had that encounter good to know. But the only set I genuinely thought was good was CB from the two that I posted that I used but I’ll definitely put what you did and mention Trick Room. Reading over my stuff, I really did miss the mark on not mentioning Trick Room at all and will fix that.

and yeah we should catch up some time it’s been a while!

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Unlike the Choice Band set, this set would need more support as it lacks Power Whip to be able to effectively break through Pokemon such as Gastrodon or Hippowdon.
Say Trick Room Sweeper instead of Choice Band since the first set has been changed

seems fine otherwise QC 2/2

I had it ready before, I gotta fix everything now xd. I’ll do it later, Finals today and tomorrow.

edit: nvm fixed.

Last edited:

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma (RC) = Remove Comma
In many instances the Pokemon's name was spelled incorrectly, so please try to be cautious with this in the future

GP 1/1

shinxstamp.gif

[SET]
name: Trick Room Attacker
move 1: Heavy Slam
move 2: Heat Crash
move 3: Power Whip
item: Life Orb
nature: Brave
evs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Cooperajah Copperajah functions as an incredibly strong attacker supported by Trick Room to make up for its lackluster Speed. Its ability in Heavy Metal, (RC) boosts moves such as Heavy Slam, its main attacking move, (AC) and Heat Crash, (AC) which provides coverage against Pokemon such as Ferrothorn. Power Whip is another great coverage move, (AC) as it threatens Pokemon like Rotom-Wash, Hippowdon, and Gastrodon come from coming in for free. Lastly, Earthquake gives Copperajah a reliable way to hit Toxapex, (AC) which would also otherwise threaten Copperajah it with Scald burns and take any of the other 3 attacks very easily. Stone Edge is also an option to hit Rotom-Heat. Life Orb gives Cooperajah Copperajah an added boost to its damage and the flexibility to utilize its coverage moves to its fullest, (AC) unlike another item such as Choice Band. A Brave nature along with 0 Speed IVs makes Cooperajah Copperajah as slow as possible while maintaining its offensive prowess. The given spread maximizes Cooperajah's Copperajah's power while allowing it to take as many hits as possible. Sheer Force is an option to use over Heavy Metal using when paired with moves such as Iron Head, (RC) and Zen Headbutt, (AC) using them over Heavy Slam and Earthquake, (AC) respectively. Rock Slide is also an option on Sheer Force sets, (AC) as it allows it to hit Rotom-Heat.

Cooperajah Copperajah also functions really well when partnered with Trick Room Pokemon such as Hatterene and Jellicent. Runerigus is also a superb option, (AC) as it not only can set up Trick Room, but it also gets access to other utility moves such as Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, and Memento.

[SET]
name: Offensive Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Heavy Slam
move 3: Heat Crash
item: Leftovers
nature: Adamant
evs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Copperajah can also function as a nice Stealth Rock setter as well, (AC) as it has a pretty good matchup versus entry hazard removal Pokemon removers such as Corviknight, (RC) and Mandibuzz, as they usually can't do much back to it. Unlike the Trick Room sweeper (Lowercase) set, this set would need more support, (AC) as it lacks Power Whip to be able to effectively break through Pokemon such as Gastrodon or and Hippowdon. Nevertheless, the coverage between its three attacking moves is still really good, (AC) as not only does it do well against common Defoggers (Capitalize), it also beats Ferrothorn with Heat Crash and pressures Toxapex with Earthquake. While not recommended over any of Cooperajah's Copperajah's coverage moves, Power Whip is still an option to be able to hit bulky Ground-type Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Gastrodon, and Quagsire. The EV spread maximizes Copperajah's bulk and offensive potential while also outspeeding Toxapex.

Because this set lacks Grass-type coverage from Power Whip, it struggles with Hippowdon and Gastrodon. A Pokemon that is able to break through the two like Gyarados makes a great partner. Gyarados also appreciates the entry hazard support Copperajah provides in setting up Stealth Rock. Reuniclus is another partner that pairs really well with Copperajah because of its ability to overwhelm Dark-types such as Mandibuzz.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Terrakion., 224364]]
- Quality checked by: [[TDK, 185591, [Mannat, 144451]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ]]

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
You missed a few things. Please be careful when implementing these changes.

Life Orb gives Copperajah an added boost to its damage and the flexibility to utilize its coverage moves to its fullest, (AC) unlike another item such as Choice Band.
You added the comma in the wrong place here
Rock Slide is also an option on Sheer Force, (RC) sets, (AC) as it allows it to hit Rotom-H.
Copperajah can also function as a nice Stealth Rock setter as well, (AC) as it has a pretty good matchup versus entry hazard removers such as Corviknight and Mandibuzz, as they usually can't do much back to it.
Nevertheless, the coverage between its three attacking moves is still really good, (AC) as not only does it do well against common Defoggers, it also beats Ferrothorn with Heat Crash and pressures Toxapex with Earthquake.
The EV spread (Lowercase) maximizes Copperajah's bulk and offensive potential while also outspeeding Toxapex.
- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659(Remove extra space)]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)