Covers

Covers can be fun, especially if you can find a couple of good ones of the same song to compare.
Chances are you've heard Black Sabbath's War Pigs.
But personally I prefer the Faith No More cover. It's not drastically different, but it's faster, tighter and just sounds cooler overall (imo). Also kinda cool is Cake's cover of the same song which is a very different take on it (Cake's more laid-back style, TRUMPET) which is really interesting.

Faith No More's own From Out of Nowhere has a few covers out there too. I really like Apocalyptica's version, consisting of just four Cellos. In contrast is the Five Finger Death Punch Version which is much heavier than the original but very cool.

Some other covers I enjoy:
Apocalyptica covering Hall of the Mountain King
Spiralmouth doing an a capella cover of Soundgarden's Spoonman
Dread Zeppelin doing Black Dog is uh... interesting. Watch at your own risk.

Also someone mentioned Red Hot Chilli Peppers version of Higher Ground which is just fucking awesome.

grrrrrr i'm always scared to post in music threads . . . just a few songs i like i guess

feist - black tongue (mastodon cover) - i love feist but i'm an even bigger mastodon fan. this cover is beautifully creepy and very catchy
tokyo police club - little sister (queens of the stone age cover) - my brother bought lullabies to paralyze back when we were wee little lads and it was one of the first albums i listened to in its entirety, so i've always had a soft spot for qotsa. tpc's first EP is one of my favourite things to listen to, and while i only like a bit of their new stuff, i think this cover is pretty cool
bloc party - say it right (nelly furtado cover) - i have a big boner for kele's voice 100% of the time so YUP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)