Crashing Snow - BW OU Hail Team

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Crashing snow

a bw-ou Hail team

Hi there. The team that i want to present you maybe its not the strongest team in existence, but it has some good ideas that could be improved in order to get a very good hail team. With the arrival of bw2, i have seen a lot teams, sun or rain mostly, that abused of the core dugtrio+u-turn in order to win weather wars easily. so i said to myself, what would happen if the one winning the weather war was Abomasnow? well, there is no better way to know it than to try to build a team with this core. So yeah, i added Xatu because i think that is very good to sponge hazards back and paired with dugtrio is perfect, then i added Jirachi because latios was a very big threat to the team. Latios is a solid check to sun teams and rotom-w, so i tried it. Then i needed something to sweep in lategame, and Gyarados was perfect because it can abuse of opponents Politoed.

The team:

Abomasnow (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Well, to be honest, Abomasnow sucks. Its weak to everything- Fire, Fight, Steel, Rock, Flying, Poison, Bug- but it has that unique ability called Snow Warning, which make it snow. It also has some good resistances, mostly to water, grass, and eletric. At first, i tried a Specially defensive variant in order to take advantage of his resistances, but then i lost some battles due to his poor attack, which failed to ko some weakened Dragons. For this reason, i switch on an offensive variant, which worked well. I have some speed evs to outspeed some Bulky water like Jellicent, Defensive politoed, even Chople Berry Tyranitar. Ice shard is what makes Abomasnow not a dead weight to the team, in fact his ability to revenge kill Landorus, Dragons, and some grass type its very wellcomed. Wood Hammer is an insanely good move, which helps me dealing with Bulky waters and Ground types. I thought that Seed Bomb would have been better because it doesnt have the recoil, but it lacks of the power needed. Protect! such an awesome move, really. It helps me with a lot of things- scouting choiced moves, slowly weaken the opponent while i gain some hp, and with leech seed it works even better! Leech seed can avoid to be a set fodder of every steel or fire pokemon in the game, and it helps keeping me alive. Just a few things to say about Abomasnow. If your opponent does not have any weather, DONT lead with it. This team doesnt like hail at all, and it doesnt have anything that can abuse of it, its here just to avoid being raped by sun, rain, sand and even dragospam. Its a sort of a antimetagame thing.

Changes: Well, maybe Earthquake would be a good move to use instead of leech seed to catch some Jirachi in predict, but thats it.

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Reversal
- Memento

Dugtrio is a great pokemon if used correctly. Dont call me a fool just because i have focus sash and hail, because if u play right hail will never break your sash. First thing, if it traps Ninetales o Tyranitar there wont be hail up anymore. Speaking of this two guys, im really sad to say that dugtrio fails at koing both Ninetales and Tyranitar with Earthquake. I have reversal for Tyranitar, but it seems like sometimes a Crunch or a Fire blast are not enough to take me at 1 hp. What do you think about this? should i have to decrease my evs? Anyway, Dugtrio is my main answer to win weather wars, to trap Heatran (even though i've seen a lot of shed shell Heatran :( ) it helps against Jirachi, Tentacruel, Terrakion, even weakened Politoed. I have Earthquake because its the obvious stab (lol) ,Stealth rock because i didnt have any other slot to put it, even though i rarely have time to use it. Reversal is for Tyranitar, while Memento avoids dugtrio to be a setup fodder of *insert a mon immune to eq*. It also helps to give my main sweeper chance of setup, and its a great pokemon to sack if you are in trouble and you dont need to trap anything lol. Stone edge doesnt help me that much, i can stop volcarona with another pokemon on my team, and dragonites are revenge killed by 3 members of my team.

changes: well, hum, nothing? maybe the defensive evs..

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Heat Wave
- Roost

huhu, what a gay pokemon we have here. Well, in a metagame infested by Deoxys-d, i thought that prevention was better than cure. A lot of common Stealth rockers can give a shit about Xatu, Tyranitar, Jirachi, Heatran are the most clear examples. But when you pair a Dugtrio with a Xatu... hum things are not that clear anymore. When an opponent sees Dugtrio and Xatu, he always have to do an important choice. Being trapped and do Stealth rock, or Crunch/Fire blast hoping that i will send out Xatu? To be honest, i ALWAYS sends out xatu when i know that a certain pokemon has Stealth rock, if it shot my xatu, then i can trap him and i had no srock in my field anyway. There are things that Xatu can completely stop, like Donphan, Ferrothorn, Hippowdown, Skarmory, Blissey. When i see them i always sends out Xatu, no matter what. Speaking of this set, its pretty standard. Roost is for obvious recovery, Heat wave helps dealing with skarmory, ferrothorn, forretress, and it can even catch scizor or genesect in predict. Unfortunately, it doesnt helps that much against Specially defensive jirachi, however i can play around him with some smart play (lol). U-turn is always good because it helps trapping things like Heatran or Tyranitar, while Toxic is here because of hippowdown, donphan, and other stallish things like that. The spread is pretty much random, max defense just to take some hits, and 28 evs in special defense to always survive a Modest volt switch of Rotom-w.
Ah, an another little thing. U can lower the attack to take less damage by Sableye's Foul play, but this is just a detail.

Changes: humm... the spread? a lot of people also suggested me to use twave instead of toxic but, i dont know toxic helps me dealing with some stall teams...

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch/ Trick
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Jirachi. Jirachi is one of my favourite pokemon, its really versatile since it can do a lot of great stuff, revenge killer, wall breaker, supporter. Its typing is very usefull, and its movepool its great. Here i have a choice scarf version, with a standard set. U-turn can scout and it helps trapping things with dugtrio. Fire punch, helps me revenge killing Lucario and others steel types. It also helps me doing some surprise kill on Genesect. Any time i see a genesect on my opponents, i assume that they will lead with genesect. So i lead with my Jirachi and i can shot it with fire punch 100% of the time. I cant tell you how many time it happened. Anyway, jirachi is the most valuable pokemon of this team, it saved my ass so many times. Iron head, with that flinch rate, can turn a defeat into a victory. Its my main answer against Latios, and it helps me a lot dealing with Tornadus-t. Even though i have Ice shard Abomasnow and another revenge killer, i always felt the need to have ice punch to rkill stuff. Trick, in other hand, helps me dealing with stall teams, making useless some walls. ps. im probably going to change it for genesect, because of my u-turn weakness.

Changes:
trick or ice punch? mm

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios is my second revenge killer. i have noticed that scarfed pokemon are getting more common, so i decided to use a general revenge killer (jirachi) and another one that can outspeed others scarf, lets say Terrakion, Landorus, Thuundurus, Keldeo, infernape. Its also good because it can outspeed modest Venusaur/Victreebel. The only thing that i dont like its that Draco Meteor can be used as a setup fodder by too many things, but if u play correctly u can avoid that. Surf hits supereffective Heatran and Tyranitar, while hp fire is usefull against some steel types like Genesect or Scizor. Trick can stop some calm minder or other things when in trouble, and its a good way to deal with stall teams.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 88 HP / 172 Atk / 248 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute

Well. I needed a decent pokemon to sweep in lategame that could help against rain team, and Gyarados perfectly fits this role. While running substitute under hail may seem not a smart move, i can assure that it sweeps. Substitute helps against random burn of scald, toxic, leech seed ect. and also protects it from being revenge killed. With this spread, i can outspeed Adamant Dragonite, and with the Hp investiment im sure that jirachi's body slam will never break the sub, and it can also always survive an ice beam from bulky waters like Gastrodon or Politoed. Its typing helps this team a little, also its not that difficult to find a chance to setup. Moxie really makes this set powerfull, after some kills it became almost impossible to stop.

A closer look:

Well, thats it. I used this team on both Showdown and Po, and it worked well. I reached 1800 points on showdown and 1500 on po, so i can say that at least it works fine. I think that theres anything else to add, maybe this team lacks of an hard hitter or a stronger wallbreaker, but thats the best i managed to make. Well, rate it, steal it, and if you liked this team please leave a luvdisc, i would really appreciate it :3
ps. if i made some mistake, im sorry, english is my second language -__-

ETT:

Abomasnow (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Reversal
- Memento

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 88 HP / 172 Atk / 248 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Threath list:

Politoed: Choice version can be stopped by abomasnow/latios/gyarados. The same is for bulky version, even though u have to play careful to avoid burn from scald.

Ferrothorn: Xatu hardstop it. i can trick it with latios and rachi.

Genesect: abomasnow can scout his move. Jirachi and latios can baitkill it.

Dragonite: revenge killed by abomasnow, latios and jirachi.

Scizor: baitkilled by jirachi and Latios. Xatu can also kill it. Gyarados can use it as a setup fodder.

Heatran: trapped by dugtrio. If it has shed shell, hum, im gonna kill it with gyarados.

Tyranitar: chople tar is outspeed by abomasnow, jirachi can flinch it to death.
Dugtrio can trap it.

Breloom: hardstopped by xatu. also latias can handle it

Gliscor: Sub toxic gliscor is stopped by xatu. Sd variants are rkilled by aboma and latios. Also gyarados can kill it.i

Rotom-w: bulky variants are annoying because of will-o-wisp. Abomasnow can kill it and latios can trick it.

Jirachi: one of the most difficult pokemon to play around. the first thing u have to do is to scout his set. If it has Thunder, Iron head, Sr, WIsh, u are in big trouble. Try to weaken it and trapkill it with dugtrio. Trick and leech seed also helps here.

Ninetales: it doesnt like dmeteors, and dugtrio can trap it.

Terrakion: almost any variants are stopped by dugtrio+jirachi+latios.

Latios: specsdmeteor are a pain in the ass. U can rkill weakened latios with ice shard, flinch it to death with jirachi or simply kill it with scarftios.
Forretress: xatu, :/

Starmie: offensive variants without recover are easier to handle. Abomasnow can kill it, latios can outspeed it and rachi con u-turn on that thing.

Gengar: scarfrachi will give it problems. latios also can rkill it. it can be problematic sometimes.

Alakazam: stopped by Jirachi and latios.

Tentacruel: always send out Xatu to avoid toxic spikes. Than take a scald and u-turn on it, then kill it with dugtrio. its setup fodder of gyarados.

Mamoswine: well. gyarados can setup on it while jirachi can flinch it to death. Ice+earth still hurt though :(

Volcarona: just play carefully and kill it with gyarados.

Infernape: stopped by Latios and gyarados, Dugtrio can rkill it

Tornadus-t: ice sharded by aboma, jirachi stops it all day, and latios con outspeed it.

Espeon: well, stored power espeon with baton pass are gay. gay. gay. cant do anything against it

Skarmory: stopped by xatu

Cloyster: hum, is this thing even used?... maybe latios can rkill it i think.

Landorus: gayest mon ever. I can rkill it with ice shard no matter what, gyarados can setup on that gay special lando. also latios can kill it with surf.

Blissey: cant touch any of my mon

Gyarados: play carefully and rkill it with latios.

Thundurus: ice shard can help. Scarftios can kill it.

Jellicent: gay. Aboma can kill it with wood hammer, while xatu can toxic it. gyarados can somehow setup on it if hail isnt up.

Jolteon: stopped by aboma, dugtrio traps it and latios can destroy it.

Donphan: xatu can toxic it. gyara can setup on it and aboma can kill it.

Conkeldurr: bah, idk, maybe im gonna trick it or just kill it with bounce.

haxorus: Jirachi, Aboma, Latios, can all beat him.

Hydreygon: gay pokemon, cant switch on it. anyway mm same as haxorus.

Dugtrio: no.

Latias: i can trick calm mind version easily.

Vaporeon: hum, see jellicent.

Reuniclus: i can trick calm mind version while i cant exactly beat the one with shadow ball.

Keldeo: Double checked by gyara and latios.

Lando-t: same as lando-n

Deo-d: stopped by xatu.

Hello, nice team you have here! I noticed a weakness to ScarfKion, in fact with some predictions, it can destroy your team, so I'd use Claydol in place of Xatu here, as you know, it has nice resistances to fight, rock and it can set the useful stealth rock in place of dugtrio. Dugtrio can fill the free moveslot with Memento, which helps Gyarados with setup.
Then, imo Claydol needs some wish support and, you have already latios to revengekiller a lots of stuff, so give a shot to Special Defensive Jirachi, which can full stop tornadus for the lenght of the match Scarf Jirachi it's a more weak answer to Tornadus-T, and after some hurricanes it will eventually faint.
Also, I'd prefer Seed Bomb > Wood Hammer, Abomashow doesn't like a lot recoil, it must live much time as possible.

tl; dr
Claydol > Xatu
Special Defensive Jirachi > Scarf Jirachi
Memento > Stealth Rock on Dugtrio
Seed Bomb > Wood Hammer on Abomashow

Sets:
Support Claydol:

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Iron Head

Hope it helped, good luck!

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Scarfkion u say? hum... thats quite strange.
First of all, abomasnow can scout his move, so i can switch on the right pokemon to take one of his stab. When u see terrakion also, u can just take your dugtrio healty to get the ko with reversal. Scarfrachi also wont be koed by Cc, while Latios can outspeed it and do a large amount of damage, so i dont understand how can i be scarfkion weak o.O
Also claydol just doesnt fit in this team, xatu with u-turn does help with my strategy, and it doesnt have recovery, it cant sponge back toxic spikes ectect.
I'll try sp def rachi but i dont know, again u-turn rachi is what makes things trapped by dugtrio...
Read carefully, i already have memento on my dugtrio.
I think that seed bomb can work yeah, even though i dont care that much about recoil...
Thanks for the rate :x

I didn't see Memento on Dugtrio I'm sorry. However, you can put U-turn also on Special Defensive Jirachi if you want. About Scarf Terrakion I don't know, on paper it looks difficult to block but maybe subkion is more dangerous for your team.
Ah, now I've got an idea to helps Gyarados with sweep: Explosion Landorus. As you know, the best switch-in on Gyarados is Rotom-W and Explosion can easily surprise kill it. The set is this:

Landorus (M) @ Normal Gem
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Explosion

I don't know what to change in this moment, I'll think a solution tomorrow.

Hey, nice team. I've used similar builds to this a few times and they can work really nicely - I do have to say though that you aren't abusing Hail anywhere near as much as you could be. In fact, if you do manage to get Hail up permanently it's barely helping you except in wearing down Steel types for Latios.

Anyway, what I'd suggest is running my version of SubDisable Froslass over Latios. Defensively, it covers nearly all the same things; you'd be surprised at the amount of stuff it can switch into and force out. In addition, if Hail is up it can make for a ridiculous sweeper, stalling for Hail damage when needed and helped along by Snow Cloak's handy 20% evasion boost.

Set:

Froslass @ Leftovers, Timid nature
88 HP / 4 Def / 166 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Disable
- Taunt / Thunder Wave
The choice of Taunt or Thunder Wave is up to you, I use Taunt (albeit on more defensive teams) to stop SR going up and prevent recovery. On the other hand, Thunder Wave absolutely ruins offensive teams (and would synergise nicely with Gyarados since you could then fish (lol puns) for a miss with Sub or a Waterfall flinch).

Neliel

Sacred Sword
*sigh again with the sash trio in hail. Change it to fight gem or choice band cause sash is really pointless and stupid
no. Have u even tried this team?

Hey, nice team. I've used similar builds to this a few times and they can work really nicely - I do have to say though that you aren't abusing Hail anywhere near as much as you could be. In fact, if you do manage to get Hail up permanently it's barely helping you except in wearing down Steel types for Latios.

Anyway, what I'd suggest is running my version of SubDisable Froslass over Latios. Defensively, it covers nearly all the same things; you'd be surprised at the amount of stuff it can switch into and force out. In addition, if Hail is up it can make for a ridiculous sweeper, stalling for Hail damage when needed and helped along by Snow Cloak's handy 20% evasion boost.

Set:

The choice of Taunt or Thunder Wave is up to you, I use Taunt (albeit on more defensive teams) to stop SR going up and prevent recovery. On the other hand, Thunder Wave absolutely ruins offensive teams (and would synergise nicely with Gyarados since you could then fish (lol puns) for a miss with Sub or a Waterfall flinch).
Hey, thank you, really. This set seems to be very annoying for sure. I think that Taunt its an absolute priority for this set, otherwhise i had to switch anytime i see a Ferrothorn or stuff like that, because i dont really want to be srocked. Maybe can i abuse of spikes instead of disable?
Just one other little thing, if i change froslass for my latios then i would be even more rotom-w weak, i think i'll try this set instead of gyarados and see how it works. Thank u for you rate :x

Yes, but Jirachi and Latios aren't too different, so, you can change either to put landorus. Obviously, in my opinion.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello!

Can you please present screenshots of your peaks. Just want to mention that simply replacing abamasnow with Politoed would make this team work better (fire resist for Jirachi / Gyara's Waterfall) and Xatu could be replaced for Tentacreul for more reliable spinning and such (since Xatu against TTar is not really recommended, thus rocks). Replacing snow would make you less SR weak too, just my thoughts. How does hail benefit this team? It doesn't even look like a stall with fast attack spammers and other such Pokemon. Is it a semi-offensive team? I really can't tell :/ It looks solid, all except for the hail part, adding more SR weakness, sand and sun weakness, and more common OU threats. Also, just a thought, but Genesect can go into Jirachi's spot, either playing the scarfer or you could try RP Gene, since you already have a scarfer, or you can go band and go for surprise kills, I'm not a double-scarfer friendly player, but meh, some people are. GL
gl

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hi

Cool team man! You've already done a threat list so I won't rehash that, but a +nature Shell Smash cloyster will absolutly demolish your team, as once its set up (it can do so on Gyarados and jirachi locked into the wrong move) it runs through your team, as Latios fails to outspeed him and nothing on your team can take his powerful assaults and live to tell the tale, not to mention hail stalling him isn't going to work either with his immunity.

OK looking at your team, its pretty clear that Jirachi isn't doing much here. You already have a great revenge killer in Latios, and Jirachi is weaker and slower as a scarfer, and can't revenge kill anything more noticeable than Latios. Instead, its clear whats hurting you is your teams lack of a real way to switch in and tank a powerful Dragon attack from the likes of Hydreigon, Lati@s and Haxorus, and the way you resort to revenging is never great as they can continually snipe your team members until your team is substantially weakened. I saw a way to fix nearly all of your threat listed pokemon, as well as beating a below 50% HP cloyster (this is nearly all the time by the time SR + pokemon set up on attacks is over). The change I suggest here is Choice Band Scizor > Jirachi. Scizor really fits nicely into this team, as it keeps jirachi's great dragon resistence, and adds to your team a way to trap Lati@s as well as the fleeing gengar and starmie, and a strong priority to revenge those fast threats such as Shell Smash Cloyster and Growth Venusaur, should you lose the weather war. You can still revenge a lot of threats that Jirachi did with your brutal power of Bullet Punch, which can be the end all to a lot of sweepers. Also, ninetales likes switching into scizor a fair bit and attempt to burn it, and if your lucky enough you can catch your opponent there and get dugtrio to trap them. The powerful U-turn behind Scizor is really great in winning weather wars, and picking up momentum in general, and the switch ins to scizor can often be trapped by Dugtrio or even used as set up bait for Gyarados.

Finally, change dugtrio's IV's to a 21HP/ 0Def/0SpD. This reaches a "good" reversal number, and usually ensures you can fire off one full power reversal before the hail recoil gets to you, and getting down to 1HP is essential to cause as much damage as possible before dugtrio goes down.

GL with the team
Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant (+Afk -SpA)
Trait: Technician
EV's: 248HP/ 252Atk/ 8SpD
U-turn/Bullet Punch/ Superpower/ Pursuit

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hello!

Can you please present screenshots of your peaks. Just want to mention that simply replacing abamasnow with Politoed would make this team work better (fire resist for Jirachi / Gyara's Waterfall) and Xatu could be replaced for Tentacreul for more reliable spinning and such (since Xatu against TTar is not really recommended, thus rocks). Replacing snow would make you less SR weak too, just my thoughts. How does hail benefit this team? It doesn't even look like a stall with fast attack spammers and other such Pokemon. Is it a semi-offensive team? I really can't tell :/ It looks solid, all except for the hail part, adding more SR weakness, sand and sun weakness, and more common OU threats. Also, just a thought, but Genesect can go into Jirachi's spot, either playing the scarfer or you could try RP Gene, since you already have a scarfer, or you can go band and go for surprise kills, I'm not a double-scarfer friendly player, but meh, some people are. GL
gl
i dont know how to do screenshot on showdown -__-
Well as i said this team doesnt benefit at all of hail, i use it just to have something against opposite sun/rain/sand. Replacing Politoed means that rotom-w/thundurus are a pain to deal with, so i dont know if its a great idea at all. Politoed+xatu+dugtrio can be used for sure, but thats would change my team too much xd Im testing genesect with u-turn, blizzard, tbolt, flametrower and its better that jirachi, unfortunately Tornadus-t is a pain to deal with. thank you :3

Hi

Cool team man! You've already done a threat list so I won't rehash that, but a +nature Shell Smash cloyster will absolutly demolish your team, as once its set up (it can do so on Gyarados and jirachi locked into the wrong move) it runs through your team, as Latios fails to outspeed him and nothing on your team can take his powerful assaults and live to tell the tale, not to mention hail stalling him isn't going to work either with his immunity.

OK looking at your team, its pretty clear that Jirachi isn't doing much here. You already have a great revenge killer in Latios, and Jirachi is weaker and slower as a scarfer, and can't revenge kill anything more noticeable than Latios. Instead, its clear whats hurting you is your teams lack of a real way to switch in and tank a powerful Dragon attack from the likes of Hydreigon, Lati@s and Haxorus, and the way you resort to revenging is never great as they can continually snipe your team members until your team is substantially weakened. I saw a way to fix nearly all of your threat listed pokemon, as well as beating a below 50% HP cloyster (this is nearly all the time by the time SR + pokemon set up on attacks is over). The change I suggest here is Choice Band Scizor > Jirachi. Scizor really fits nicely into this team, as it keeps jirachi's great dragon resistence, and adds to your team a way to trap Lati@s as well as the fleeing gengar and starmie, and a strong priority to revenge those fast threats such as Shell Smash Cloyster and Growth Venusaur, should you lose the weather war. You can still revenge a lot of threats that Jirachi did with your brutal power of Bullet Punch, which can be the end all to a lot of sweepers. Also, ninetales likes switching into scizor a fair bit and attempt to burn it, and if your lucky enough you can catch your opponent there and get dugtrio to trap them. The powerful U-turn behind Scizor is really great in winning weather wars, and picking up momentum in general, and the switch ins to scizor can often be trapped by Dugtrio or even used as set up bait for Gyarados.

Finally, change dugtrio's IV's to a 21HP/ 0Def/0SpD. This reaches a "good" reversal number, and usually ensures you can fire off one full power reversal before the hail recoil gets to you, and getting down to 1HP is essential to cause as much damage as possible before dugtrio goes down.

GL with the team
Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant (+Afk -SpA)
Trait: Technician
EV's: 248HP/ 252Atk/ 8SpD
U-turn/Bullet Punch/ Superpower/ Pursuit
well, u are right, cloyster does destroy this team (i cant understand why that stupid thing is that used, i think thats a fail of a pokemon, but whatever) but in my experience i have to say that adamant is more used than the jolly one, in fact only 1 or 2 cloyster outspeeded my latios. With some calculations also, i noticed that without hp fire latios can outspeed cloyster, maybe can i also try dragon pulse>hp fire?
Anyway, cbzor looks nice. It helps me against gengar and all the other stuff that give problems, it also good to revenge kill tornadus-t. Ill try it for sure. Thank your for that dugtrio spread, ill try it out :x

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Also, just a side comment, but Blizzard's PP isn't worth the trouble, especially with opposing weathers. Your better off just using Ice Beam. However, remember what Asek said, Scizor could also work over Genesect. In fact, with threats of Chloro sweepers, that wouldn't be a bad idea to try out. You could try Sash Genesect to check sun teams too, but you would need to keep hazards off the field and that's really much harder done than said. GL

EDIT: Latios should be able to check Thundy-T's and Rotom-W, just be cautious; some try to be smart and HP Ice the switch.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
well, yeah. Better not to risk a miss on a dragonite lol
To tell you the truth Latios helps a lot against clorophillers, anyway sash genesect seems too much gimmick to be used xd

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
My bad, I forgot you were running Scarf Latios. In which case, try Gene or Scizor, although like Asek said, trapping is very useful ability Scizor gets as well as priority, in case Latios dies. As for Blizzard, it's not just misses, but 8PP (which really sucks) in general. Oh, and a tip, replace Leech Seed on Ambamasnow for HP Fire, so you can hit Genesect on the switch, (and yes, people switch into Gene on Abama, it happens o;).
gl

EDIT: tl;tr: use scizor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)