ORAS OU CrawBEAST

Hey guys, its Biskit and I'm here with a crawdaunt team (It's techinically two teams, just different by one mon)

Lets get into the team now --------->

------------------TEAM OVERVIEW------------------------

/

Yeah either mega metagross or mega sciz. Both of them fit surprisingly well on the team, leading to different weaknesses overall.

------------------INDIVIDUAL OVERVIEW---------------

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Can I go ahead and just go ahead and say how much of a beast this mon is in the current meta. Water/Dark makes it incredibly hard to switch into. Especially with the popularity of VoltTurn and the relatively standard rotom/landorus/heatran/lati cores. You bring it in after a sack or off a VoltTurn, and this thing 2HKO's almost everything. Defensive Landorus-T can switch in, take half from knock off, and then die the next time. Crawdaunt is just really hard to stop, only hindered by its poor speed and defenses. Banded is for extra damage output, and it gets worn down too fast with LO. Running the best STAB with Knock Off and Crabhammer. Aqau Jet is for picking off faster threats and for late game cleanup. Crunch is for Mega Bro while a jolly nature allows it to easily outspeed rotom.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Superpower/Knock Off
One of my main switchins to Keldeo, Tornadus is also one of the fastest mons on the team. 160 SpA is to always OHKO keldeo with hurricane. Rest is dumped into hp to take hits. Tornadus has to be played carefully because it gets worn down easily with rocks up, even having regenerator. Hurricane and U-turn are must have. Heat Wave is for scizor because heatran can get worn down easily. Superpower and Knock Off are more situational, but Superpower does about half to tran, weakening it for mega-sciz. It also OHKO's BandTar after rocks, and this team doesn't really switch in at all to that monster. On the other hand knock off has more utility and beats the lati twins. Either move is viable.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Rotom-Wash is my sponge for weaker physical attackers like landorus-T, mega sciz. It also soft checks mons like mega metagross and weavile. Rotom also provides the Volt part of the VoltTurn core. Against stronger physical attackers like Mega Medicham this thing crumbles, but it can sponge a couple of weaker hits while spreading burn. Part of the Rotom/Lando/Heatran defensive core. Rotom gets worn down easily so its important to not switch it in to all physical hits. Partners well with mega-sciz as he can switch in on weavile and mega lop, relieving some of the pressure off of rotom.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Landorus right now is probably the best scarfer in the meta (maybe rachi is better its debatable). Intimidate helps out rotom as this thing can weaken physical hits before turning into rotom. Also part of the VoltTurn core. Landorus forces lots of switches with its powerful STAB Earthquake also making it a potent late game sweeper. Nothin more to say about him

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 60 SpD / 200 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
SpDef Tran is my rocker of choice. Heatran checks the likes of clefable, jirachi, latios (non-surf variants), mons which otherwise destroy the team. The biggest issue with heatran is that it wants to be max speed timid and max SpD calm. If it's not fast it can lose to offensive scizor and bisharp and such, whereas without the SpD its worn down quickly by rotom and clef. The spread I chose runs enough speed for adamant sharp and retains some level of special bulk. Toxic is for rotom and for dealing with zard-Y.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
One of the two possible megas, metagross provides more immediate offensive pressure than scizor to benefit off of the VoltTurn core. It scares out medicham and zard-Y, something which scizor can't do. On the other hand metagross is weaker to lopunny, weavile, diancie. However it makes up for this by just dealing more damage. While scizor needs and SD to put in work, metagross unboosted can deal with a lot of threats. Thunderpunch is the coverage of choice to hit megaBro ZardY, and rotom-W all for decent damage.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 40 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
Mega-Scizor is the other mega that fits well on the team. It synergizes with rotom by eating hits from lopunny, diancie, weavile, and kyurem-B. On the other hand without an SD, it is weaker than metagross. It's main checks: keldeo and heatran get worn down very easily by this team, so scizor makes a potent late game cleaner. On the other hand, its lower speed means that the team becomes far weaker to mega medicham and zard Y.

----------------------THREATLIST------------------------

Mega Medicham - the only counter to this mon is really Sableye. Gets scared out by tornadus and Mega Metagross, but gets a kill every time it comes in.

Charizard-Y - Once again, not latios or latias means that the way to counter this is to switch between heatran and tornadus and try and stall out the sun. Metagross scares it out, while scizor more or less just loses. Crawdaunt always kill with Aqua Jet after rocks.

Mega Lopunny - If not running mega-scizor, metagross and rotom get worn down easily, and it outspeeds everything except scarf lando. Scizor provides a good check, and can actually set up on it.

Weavile - If not running mega-sciz, it outspeeds and kills everything (Lando gets sharded). Fortunately its easily worn down, and rotom can eat a hit and volt switch out. Crawdaunt is usually your best bet of killing it fast.

Tyranitar - This team can't switch into a banded stone edge as everything gets 2HKO'd. The scarf variant can be handled by tornadus + scizor, while the banded gets outsped by crawdaunt.

Pastebins
Metagross - http://pastebin.com/UxYB95Mi
Scizor - http://pastebin.com/sUqtztPA

Hey Biskit, this is a really solid build. Crawdaunt is a great Pokemon to build around since it's so underprepared for and destroys a lot of bulky builds when it finds an opening. My rate will be centered around the M-Scizor version of your team since it provides has great offensive synergy with Crawdaunt, more defensive utility, and an actual win condition.

The biggest issue I see with your team is your lack of a check to Choice Specs Keldeo. Secret Sword 2HKOs Rotom-W and does a lot to Tornadus-T since it's Hasty, and neither of them can safely switch into Hydro Pump if they end up getting burned by Scald. Tornadus-T also has to rely on hitting Hurricane to beat Keldeo which is a bit inconsistent for checking one of the most common threats in the tier. Because of this I think you should run Latios > Tornadus-T since it's a much better Keldeo check, and it also provides you something that can switch in to Rotom-W that isn't your own Rotom-W. With Earthquake it can also bait in and take out opposing Heatran so M-Scizor can potentially sweep after a Swords Dance, and it also helps with your Charizard-Y problem.

Outside of that, the only other change that I want to suggest is to run max speed + Jolly Nature on Heatran. You were saying you wanted to be in the middle between SpDef and fast, but your current spread doesn't outspeed max speed Adamant M-Scizor, which poses a huge threat to you. You'd have to run 240 Speed EVs to outspeed an Adamant M-Scizor with 252 Speed EVs if you keep a Calm Nature, which doesn't leave much room for SpDef investment. Because of that, I think it would be best to just run max speed so you can also outspeed Jolly Bisharp instead of just Adamant Bisharp since they generally run Jolly nature. With Latios to help with checking electric types, and M-Scizor that can check non HP Fire Latis, the loss of SpDef investment shouldn't be too much of a nuisance.

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Crunch

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Recover

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Hope i was able to help!

Thanks Celes. I actually really like the changes you made to the team. Only different thing I've done is change eq to surf. I prefer surf because it still 2HKO's heatran after rocks, and surf + Draco kills BandTar on the switch.

And for all about offensive mega-sciz being a big threat, in practice I only find like maybe 5% of scizor are offensive, because defensive just sets up on stuff. I still changed heatran tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)