Crawdaunts Return

As the title says this team is based around one of my favorite pokemon this generation.. Crawdaunt. This team performs really well but I feel like its missing something that I can't place my finger on. So lets jump into the team!

Crawdaunt @ChoiceBand
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Adaptability
-Crabhammer
-Aqua Jet
-Knock off
-Superpower

Behold.. The star of the show! Crawdaunt is amazing this generation being one of the best pokemon to abuse the Knock off buff. Its Dual STAB's get insane coverage, and with Choice Band and Adaptability it can punch a hole through almost any team. It gets priority in Aqua jet and Superpower can hit steel types and opposing crawdaunts for awesome damage. However this guy (even with max speed) is still extremely slow. It's best used as my wall breaker or to hit things on the switch. All in all this guy has been doing amazing and I can't wait to use him some more.

Venusaur @Venusaurite
252 hp / 40 def / 216 sp. def
Nature: Calm
Ability: Overgrow --> Thick fat
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb

Mega Venusaur is an excellent tank. Thick Fat gives it only two weaknesses and 80/123/120 defenses are outstanding. Leech Seed + Giga Drain + Synthesis gives awesome recovery even without Black Sludge and Sludge Bomb hits opposing grass types and fairy's hard. Synthesis seems sometimes it could be replaced with a better move but as for now I like it. All in all Venusaur does really well with the rest of the team and is a great tank.

Aegislash @WeaknessPolicy
252 hp / 252 sp. atk / 4 atk / IVs 0 spe
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Stance Change
-Kings Shield
-Shadow Sneak
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon

Aegislash is by far one of the most amazing pokemon known to exist. Having a - nature and 0 speed IVs means it almost always goes last and in Blade form it has a base stat of 150 in both attacks. Having a mixed set of moves and weakness policy means Aegislash is something to watch out for. it can shadow ball/flash cannon an opponent leaving them at low health then end them off with shadow sneak. Kings Shield is great if you can use it right and allows Aegislash to be able to knock out some of the biggest physical attackers in OU.

Gliscor @ToxicOrb
252 hp / 232 def / 24 spe
Nature: Impish
Ability: Poison Heal
-EQ
-Toxic
-Protect
-Substitute

Gliscor is an amazing wall and covers my other pokemons weaknesses pretty well. Getting 12% of you hp back every turn allows Gliscor to abuse Substitute and Protect to the point of pure stall. Earthquake is just for a good STAB choice while toxic combined with protect lets Gliscor wear & tear at his opponents then finish them off with earthquake. The only thing bringing this cute little scorpion down is his 4x weakness to ice and taunt. Other than that Gliscor goes great on my team and really holds it together.

Latios @LifeOrb
252 sp. atk / 4 sp. def / 252 spe
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
-Psyshock
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-T-bolt/Recover

Latios is my special sweeper and does his job well. STAB Draco Meteor hits almost everything hard while psyshock can end off opponents on low health and pulverize Blissey/Chansey. Surf is mainly for heatran while T-bolt is for Skarmory. However I'm debating Recover over T-bolt because Surf can hit Skarmory after its been weakened a bit but I'm still not sure. HP fire is also an option but its a lot more situational and base 60 still isn't "that" good. Overall Latios is pretty amazing and gets the job done.

Mamoswine @FocusSash
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Thick Fat
-Stealth Rock
-EQ
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Crash

Last but not least is this beast, Mamoswine. Mamo's main job is to set up rocks then take out as much as the opponents team as possible. Its dueling STAB's hit hard and it gets priority in ice shard. Having Thick Fat allows Mamoswine to shake off fire attacks and resist ice ones which does wonders for my other teammates. I'm considering running Rock Slide over Icicle crash for Talonflame and Charizard since both can rip right through my team with ease. All in all Mamo has a lot to offer and is a key member to "Crawdaunts Return"

So to conclude that was my first ever RMT and I can't wait to do more. Please comment (constructive criticism please) and tell me what I should change, Im open to anything.

Last edited:
Since Crawdaunt IS so slow, throwing on a Jolly nature probably won't help too much especially seeing as he's banded, not scarfed. Try giving him an adamant nature and running a banded adamant set for maximum power. The boost in speed from nature isn't going to help him as much as the boost in power. OR if you ever decided you wanted to try a TR team, try a brave nature and watch him outspeed tons of stuff. Just my 2 cents.

The team's pretty sweet with crawdaunt there, but it might be in your best interest to have a spinner/defogger in your team,as crawdaunt will be too worn down by hazards pretty quickly and maybe get swept by priority sweepers. I'd recommend trying out either a bulky or offensive Zapdos set over latios to rebliably check mega or regular scizor, as I notice it has many opportunities to set up your mega venusaur and gliscor especially and counter with heat wave. For the pink blobs you can try luring them in with zapdos, so you can predict the switch into your crawdaunt, giving you the advantage of knocking off any opposing switch-ins. Having zapdos might improve your team with t-bolt and heat wave, just covering threats such as bisharp/zard -y/mega pinsir, etc.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Modest 144 HP 252 Sp Atk 108 Spe
-Heat wave
-T-bolt
-Roost
-Defog

Since Crawdaunt IS so slow, throwing on a Jolly nature probably won't help too much especially seeing as he's banded, not scarfed. Try giving him an adamant nature and running a banded adamant set for maximum power. The boost in speed from nature isn't going to help him as much as the boost in power. OR if you ever decided you wanted to try a TR team, try a brave nature and watch him outspeed tons of stuff. Just my 2 cents.
Ok, thanks for the input I'll be sure to change that!

The team's pretty sweet with crawdaunt there, but it might be in your best interest to have a spinner/defogger in your team,as crawdaunt will be too worn down by hazards pretty quickly and maybe get swept by priority sweepers. I'd recommend trying out either a bulky or offensive Zapdos set over latios to rebliably check mega or regular scizor, as I notice it has many opportunities to set up your mega venusaur and gliscor especially and counter with heat wave. For the pink blobs you can try luring them in with zapdos, so you can predict the switch into your crawdaunt, giving you the advantage of knocking off any opposing switch-ins. Having zapdos might improve your team with t-bolt and heat wave, just covering threats such as bisharp/zard -y/mega pinsir, etc.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Modest 144 HP 252 Sp Atk 108 Spe
-Heat wave
-T-bolt
-Roost
-Defog
If I took Latios off I wouldn't have a reliable special sweeper. I may however end up using defog on Latios but it kind of goes against why I have Mamoswine. I'll keep testing this team and see how it goes. Thanks for the imput though, I will keep what you said in mind.

dodo have your thought scared sword over flash cannon to hit bliss and chans and ferro and tran?
No I want to keep it special orientated and flash cannon works fine. I have thought of sacred sword but in the end flash cannon is the better way to go. ^-^

Running a Dragon Dance set could also work for Crawdaunt if you decide to forego the Choice Band. Although a Base speed is not that fast, getting in two Dragon Dances can have you out speeding a good portion of the metagame. 2+ Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt is scary, and can have you do a sweep. However for this to work, you would probably need lots of support from the rest of the team.

Overall, its nice to see a team that is based on a personal favorite than just a random powerful pokemon.

Running a Dragon Dance set could also work for Crawdaunt if you decide to forego the Choice Band. Although a Base speed is not that fast, getting in two Dragon Dances can have you out speeding a good portion of the metagame. 2+ Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt is scary, and can have you do a sweep. However for this to work, you would probably need lots of support from the rest of the team.

Overall, its nice to see a team that is based on a personal favorite than just a random powerful pokemon.
DD on crawdaunt is really bad especially in OU as with crawdaunt you will be finding it very difficult to get 2 DDs since it cant take a hit and hates all forms of status making SD or band your better choices due to their immediate power.

DD on crawdaunt is really bad especially in OU as with crawdaunt you will be finding it very difficult to get 2 DDs since it cant take a hit and hates all forms of status making SD or band your better choices due to their immediate power.
I think this kingler is just jealous because it doesnt get DD...

The reason I run band over DD is simple. Crawdaunt is my wall breaker. Crawdaunt doesn't have the bulk/defensive typing to be able to set up a DD and not get 1HKO'd. I like him to just come out and start going to work rather than having to set up. Choice Band already puts me at +1 and since I get STAB adaptability Aqua Jet coming off a base 120 I don't feel it's necessary to have DD on Crawdaunt.

Hey, promised to rate this, so here I am. Love the Crawdaunt

Now, I don't really like the Focus Sash on Mamoswine for this team. Your team is mostly balanced between offense and defense, and Focus Sash Mamoswine really deters from that: using a suicide lead isn't really that useful when you have Venusaur / Gliscor for free Defogs. I think Mamoswine would really appreciate a Life Orb: it really helps him mid- and lategame, and also makes him appreciates Crawdaunt's wallbreaking more. If Crawdaunt can land a solid hit on for example Skarmory, Mamoswine is so much more threatening.

Also, I'm not really a fan of Gliscor on this team. The SubProtect set is a good set, but it doesn't really fit on your team. It really only is good on defensive teams, in my opinion. What I would replace Gliscor with is Landorus-T: your team has some problems with Mega Charizard X, and the Intimidate really helps you beat it. It also helps vs Talonflame, which your team can struggle with, as well as Mega Pinsir, who can be troublesome if Mamoswine has taken some prior damage. Landorus-T can also set up Stealth Rock, leaving you free to use Superpower on Mamoswine if you want to.

GL :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)