I see a lot of issues with this set that make it ineffective:The below set is an update to my pre-USUM set, posted above, called Royal Troll, which featured Queenly Majesty and Spectral Thief, which have since been replaced by Psychic Terrain and Photon Geyser.
Updated Pros- The importance of these 2 changes is 6 fold:Set Name: Territorial1. Psychic Terrain benefits your entire team, especially if they abuse Psychic Seed.
2. Photon Geyser gets a nice boost from Psychic Terrain which provides stronger coverage against Mega-Gengar, Marshadow, etc. (at the cost of hurting Aegislash, and Giratina for less)
3. Photon Geyser solves the problem of Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin, Iron Barbs, Spiky Shield, King’s Shield, Baneful Bunker
4. Photon Geyser allows Lopunny to sweep even after Burned/King’s Shielded/Strength Sapped due to its ability to hit from the Special Side, which means that thanks to Shell Smash boosting its SpA, it can continue to sweep, especially if it has more than 1 Shell Smash under its belt. (Say it comes in on a Choice Tricked user with a priority or Ghost move, Shell Smashes in the switch, and Shell Smashes again when it takes the foe uses a Burn move).
5. Photon Geyser bypasses Unaware, Sturdy, Fur Coat, etc. (This allows the fact it is 150 Base Power under Psychic Terrain to equal Flail and Reversal’s STAB 300 Base Power when factoring in 1x Shell Smash vs Unaware users, and removing the double Defense boosts from Fur Coat).
6. 150 Base Power without STAB is great, especially if your foe hasn’t attacked you and brought you to 1 HP.
Lopunny-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Psychic Terrain
EVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 252 SpA / 0 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 1 HP, 0 Def, 0 SpD
- Shell Smash
- Photon Geyser
ExplanationCountersShell Smash, consume Focus Sash to handle a hit and survive at 1 HP, and proceed to sweep at 300 Base Power (including STAB) Flail, and Reversal. Photon Geyser serves as a last resort to hit Ghosts and to Hit hard before Flail and Reversal activate at full power (say the foe uses a set up move instead of attacking you).
The best part is that is just sits there comfortably safe at 1 HP, and unlike Stored Power or Power Trip, Lopunny doesn’t even have to use a set up move to reach 300 Base power (as long as it survives a hit at 1 HP, it’s already at 300 Base power). There is nothing more trolley than a Pokémon at 1 HP just surviving right in your face, move over Shedinja, there is a new 1 HP troll and her name is Lopunny-Mega.
*1 HP IV puts its HP at a number divisible by 16+1, which allows it to switch into 1 layer of Spikes 8 times, 3 layers of Spikes 4 times, and Stealth Rock 16 times and live at exactly 1 HP, for max damage on a Flail and Reversal hit at 300 Base Power*
I am for Adamant because the extra power difference when magnified by Shell Smash helps, plus Shell Smash and Psychic Terrain patch up base enemy Speed stats or priority moves going first.
Keep in mind, once Psychic Terrain wears off, you can switch out Mega-Lopunny and send it in later and just sweep with Flail and Reversal. At the very least it provides Psychic Terrain, so it could be a godsend for your teammates to reactivate the Terrain depending on your team.
Entry Hazards (although if you switch into Stealth Rocks enough times (regardless of Focus Sash) you can power up Reversal and Flail, and just use Photon Geyser to Attack when you know you will survive a soft hit like U-turn, until you can switch in at low HP to use STAB). IF Lopunny has not taken any Attack damage and only entry hazard damage, I set its HP at a number at a number divisible by 16+1 so it can switch in 8 times into 1 layer of Spikes l, or 16 times into Stealth Rocks, etc. and live at 1 HP for max STAB damage
Terrain changers with Priority, (or priority users that wait for Psychic Terrain to fade).
1) Lopunny isn't ranked in the meta
2) Psychic seed isn't really meta
3) You are running adamant, it means that both Gengar and Marshadow (terrible anyway) outspeeds you.
4) SpA attacking Lopunny has problems:
- 54 base Spa no STAB, no matter the terrain boost or shell smash isnt great for sweeping
- Half of your attack is greater than your total special attack, Photon Geyser doesn't change target even with a burn. Nobody uses Strength Sap since Magic Bounce exists. It won't happen that you'll use SpA. You didn't even made calcs to check that out.
6) It is pointless to calc some weird HP attempting to survive entry hazard. You are done the very first time you switch on them because sash is broken, and you are frail. I can't imagine switching 16 times into SR. You don't have recovery, it isn't a stall set, so it cant stick around for a long time
7) U-turn breaks your sash, and since you funnily resist it it doesn't power up Flail or Reversal, leaving you extremely vulnerable to, well, anything.
8) While you are at full health, you have 0 offensive presence. Not STAB Photon Geyser isn't offensive presence, and dark types walls you anyway.
9) Even if someone else in the team needs Psychic Terrain support, Lopunny isn't a supporter.
10) imposter scouts you and counterplays, any barely decent defensive core walls you (prankster haze for example but many other exists), you can't take chip damage at all because not only it breaks the sash, it doesn't power you up, burn beats that.
I'll stop here but the list continues.
Last edited by a moderator: