Resource Creative and Underrated Sets

Presenting...

A lost heros and Uselesscrab joint production...

Keldeo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 116 SpA / 20 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Icy Wind

Keldeo @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 116 SpA / 20 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Calm Mind / Surf
- Icy Wind

Yes I know that Keldeo-Resolute only exists when it has Secret Sword. Isn't this ironic???
There's a lot to explain with this pair of Keldeo 1v1 sets, so I'll start a little bit of backstory. I started toying around with this Pokemon last generation. Keldeo's solid overall bulk allows it to live some unexpected hits, but it needs a slight power boost to OHKO from low HP once it's lived them. Custap Berry, which would allow me to get off multiple attacks, soon became unreleased, and it, like Petaya Berry, proved too unreliable an item choice, as many hits left me outside the 25% range.

Fortunately, Generation VII brought with it the mindless power boost of Z-moves, and so I was able to make use of the first set above. The central strategy is to Icy Wind + Z-move vs. faster attackers and Sturdy Pokemon. lost heros is to thank (or to blame) for a lot of the EVs. The Defense investment, which is specifically tailored for a +2 Mega Gyarados Outrage, also allows it to survive hits a variety of common physical attackers — Crustle, Donphan, Kyurem-Black, Sawk, etc. The Special Defense is for Mega Charizard Y's Solar Beam and also allows. Finally, the Speed outspeeds all non-Jolly Mega Gyarados (the vast majority). Here's an assortment of calcs that are relevant for both sets:
+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Outrage vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Keldeo: 327-385 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Crustle Continental Crush (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Keldeo: 308-363 (79.7 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Donphan Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Keldeo: 306-360 (79.2 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Donphan Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Keldeo: 22-27 (5.6 - 6.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Keldeo: 294-346 (76.1 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Sawk All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Keldeo: 331-391 (85.7 - 101.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 20 SpD Keldeo: 326-384 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Genesect Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 20 SpD Keldeo: 326-384 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

One matchup that's really confusing is the Mega Gyarados one, but it's generally favorable on the whole. Gyarados usually tries to Dragon Dance, so Icy Winding thrice and then using a Z-move is the best bet. Still, don't make my mistake. Actually bring a second method of beating Gyarados.

The central difference between the two sets can be summarized as follows: Waterium Z is better against the entirety of the ladder, but has difficulty with certain threats (e.g. Scarf Kyurem-B). Fightinium Z is incredibly good at handling the specific Pokemon the set is designed to beat (Kyurem-B, both Charizards (it uses HP Rock for Y, unlike the Water set), Crustle, Donphan, and Mega Gyarados), but struggles against either stall (if it opts for Surf) or Pokemon it would normally counter as a Water-type (if it opts for Calm Mind).

This was far from my clearest post ever, and the general strategy is pretty confusing, so here are some replays that I think explain it far better:

Either Z-move vs. Donphan
Charizard Y
Ideal Gyarados outcome
Good Icy Wind opportunity
Calm Mind vs. Ghostium Z Aegislash
bonus: Weird roll of the day vs. Magnezone

Since people start to call me cheater,
like this one : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-537206883
i want to claim this set here :

Double Illusion team, the goal of this team is to play mind game with your opponent.
and defeat your opponent before they notice what is happened.

the Real Lead (mostly)

Rayquaza @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Baneful Bunker
Dragon Ascent for mega Evo, set Shell smash and sweep with power trip. Banefull bunker for Sturdninja

to increase the confusion when Rayquaza switch out, here his real Mega

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
mid/late game sweeper, use Judgment for Normalize gengar.

the fake lead, this is what rayquaza transform to

Mega Celesteela (Celesteela) @ White Herb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Spore
- Substitute
pass shell smash boost to power trip/stored power mon.
Rayzquaza resist celesteela weakness and vice versa.

and then, late game illusion to steal that delicious stats boost.

John Cena (Zygarde-Complete) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Nuzzle
- Thousand Arrows
- Spectral Thief
- Baton Pass
Also resist/immune to celesteela weakness.
Thousand Arrow hit everything, if there is no mon to baton pass boost after spectral thief
Jolly+max speed so he can baton pass boost to another bulky mon with good offense (ex Mega-Ttar)

this is replay how i play with this team :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-530256380
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-530258473
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-537204881
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-537210903

sorry for the long post, i dont know how to use "Spoiler" tag

Since people start to call me cheater,
like this one : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-537206883
i want to claim this set here :

Double Illusion team, the goal of this team is to play mind game with your opponent.
and defeat your opponent before they notice what is happened.

the Real Lead (mostly)

Rayquaza @ Safety Goggles
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Baneful Bunker
Dragon Ascent for mega Evo, set Shell smash and sweep with power trip. Banefull bunker for Sturdninja

to increase the confusion when Rayquaza switch out, here his real Mega

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
mid/late game sweeper, use Judgment for Normalize gengar.

the fake lead, this is what rayquaza transform to

Mega Celesteela (Celesteela) @ White Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Spore
- Substitute
pass shell smash boost to power trip/stored power mon.
Rayzquaza resist celesteela weakness and vice versa.

and then, late game illusion to steal that delicious stats boost.

John Cena (Zygarde-Complete) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Nuzzle
- Thousand Arrows
- Spectral Thief
- Baton Pass
Also resist/immune to celesteela weakness.
Thousand Arrow hit everything, if there is no mon to baton pass boost after spectral thief
Jolly+max speed so he can baton pass boost to another bulky mon with good offense (ex Mega-Ttar)

this is replay how i play with this team :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-530256380
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-530258473
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-537204881
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmonssuspecttest-537210903

sorry for the long post, i dont know how to use "Spoiler" tag
Since this is your first post, I welcome you in this community.
That's of course not cheating; at worse it's a demonstration of how illusion can trick unprepared players (you are running a normal Rayquaza, that's suspicious itself). If someone calls you a cheater you can assume it is the internet variant of a baby cry.
I also have a couple of suggestions for you; first I suggest you to disguise as something that forces a switch; Celesteela is good, but some attackers can plow through both Celesteela and Rayquaza and will probably stay in and score a OHKO. Examples are fake speeders, Kyurem-B/W and Tinted Lens Groudon Primal. Zygarde doesn't really need a Focus Sash as it often only OHKOed by super effective Boomburst and some special attackers with ice coverage. And your team is mostly weak to that anyway.
And at last, to insert spoilers write (hide)(/hide) but instead of () use [].

more dumb 1v1 stuff; not in the mood for a long writeup, but here we go

Latios @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heal Block
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

None of my typical EV spread shenanigans, at least as long as UnleashOurPassion is on the ladder using 109 base speed Durant. The idea here, as with so many of my sets, is to abuse the Z-move mechanic through the use of two potential options. Z-Heal Block is a great move that prevents the opponent from healing while providing a Nasty Plot boost. Meanwhile, against frailer offensive stuff, take advantage of Shattered Psyche. Obviously, Psyshock provides a weaker Z-move, but it also helps against Chansey, one of the things this set is designed to beat.

252 SpA Latios Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard: 300-354 (101 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Latios Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 300-354 (101 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(obviously Charizard Y cannot do much)

Or just Draco:

252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-Black: 464-548 (102.2 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hidden Power Fire is for Kartana, Genesect I guess since it has an infinitesimally small chance to OHKO, Durant, and Magnezone. EVs can be changed if you're not worried about Kartana and Durant; perhaps throw a few points into Defense for a guaranteed victory against Adamant Tapu Koko, though it's already an excellent check. There's the alternate version for some perks and some drawbacks:

Latias @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This set sacrifices power and the pseudo-Taunt of Heal Block for the ability to live Choice Scarf Porygon-Z Hyper Beam and other special attacks. In general, it's better against offense than the other one, but struggles against some stall sets it might beat otherwise. Nonetheless, it can sabotage some strategies by Psycho Shifting a Toxic.

Overall, neither of these is a game-breaking Pokemon, but both can be effective "glue" Pokemon with the correct team support. Fun to try out, certainly, and a good check to the unusual combination of standard Charizards + Kartana / Genesect / Durant + Icium Z Kyurem-B (especially with Latios) + Tapu Koko + Mega Venusaur / Chansey / several other stall sets. Once again, thanks to lost heros for some help refining the idea.

Basically the main idea of the set
Latias vs. Porygon-Z
Shifting in a psychotic fashion
Bonus: when counterteaming goes too far...

Last edited:
Another heat set from 1v1.

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

The idea here is to prey on the fact that everyone believes Dragonite is physical. Mega-Sableye Will-o-Wisps, Mega-Slowbro uses Iron Defense, Donphan uses Counter, Mega-Venusaur uses Charm, etc. Then, instead, you hit them with a super strong Z-Draco Meteor they weren't expecting. Another really cool advantage this set has is that Devestating Drake doesn't reveal what move it came from, so often the first few times you battle someone they won't know why they lost and may make the same mistake more than once.

A Mild Nature is used because most Physical attackers either beat you anyway (Mega-Gyarados) or lose anyway (Golem, Crustle). A Rash Nature would harm the Aegislash matchup, which is quite winnable with this set. Fire Blast is for the same things Fire Punch is for (Kartana, Genesect, Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and the like) plus it has a chance to 2HKO Aegislash. Earthquake is mostly so you can still beat Tapu Koko and Magnezone. Extreme Speed is there for picking off the Sturdy pokemon, especially Donphan and Golem, which can beat you if you don't have it. This set still maintains good matchups against the things you want Dragonite to beat, like Porygon-Z and Mega-Charizard-Y. 252 Speed is mostly to outspeed as many Z-Ice Kyurems as possible, as well as get the jump on randomly bulky Landorus-Therians and Genesects. You no longer have a chance against Magearna as a special attacker, so max HP becomes less valuable. It remains an option, however.

252+ SpA Dragonite Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro-Mega: 243-286 (61.8 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Dragonite Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro-Mega: 162-192 (41.2 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

4 Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko in Electric Terrain: 214-252 (76.1 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 85-101 (30.2 - 35.9%) -- 36.9% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Dragonite Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 156-184 (48.1 - 56.7%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:
Here's some of the best AAA sets ive used over the past month or so:

Tapu Fini @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Scald

This thing started out as a meme but it ended up being so good that I started putting it on most of my offense teams. Water/Fairy is amazing coverage against opposing offense teams, but I'd say the selling point of this set is its bulk. Once it gets going (which is pretty easy), not only does it hit extremely hard with adapt hydro pump in rain, but even strong revenge killers like scarfchomp can't really revenge kill it, and priority is almost useless unless you have galvanize Espeed. The Speed tier is great; it outspeeds Megazam by like 2 points or something after the boost. Not only that, but it can revenge kill a ton of stuff too, especially with a 185 adapt water move.

252 SpA Adaptability Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana in Rain: 345-406 (133.2 - 156.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Adaptability Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 268-316 (89 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Adaptability Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos in Rain: 316-374 (82.5 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Adaptability Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde: 348-412 (83 - 98.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-542556864 - as soon as the desolate land mon dies, tapu fini sweeps
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-537293928 - basically kills 5 mons

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Most teams don't have a solid terrak switchin, mainly because there's only a few, if any, counters on offense. Basically, you get to +2, kill what's usually a sac or a pivot, then rack up boosts and sweep. Pretty straightforward but it's really good.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-542482828 - Terrak picking apart what's otherwise a fairly solid team

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

It's a weird set but it's so good so w/e. While you have assault vest if you want to be specially bulky, there isn't really anything for physical bulkiness. Choice Scarf, as dumb as dual status defensive choice scarf looks, makes Regen Victini last much longer and makes it much much more annoying. One advantage of Scarf is that you can run status moves, and on stall teams where momentum doesn't matter as much, will-o-wisp and toxic can be extremely annoying to deal with. The main advantage, though, is that instead of taking two hits like slower sets often do, you only take one. This means that you're basically u-turning out with half as much damage taken (which is even less when you factor in regen), and non-choiced offensive have to switch out and try their luck next time instead of just clicking the appropriate coverage move (this set legit checks hoopa). It checks a ridiculous amount of stuff, and even things like LO garchomp that normally beat you have to watch out for will-o-wisp. Victini's also the perfect pokemon for the job; it has enough bulk (100/100 is really bulky when invested), enough speed (just enough to creep Duggy without sacrificing too much), good utility moves (u-turn/will-o), and enough offensive pressure (STAB V-create) to do a bit of everything; if there's anything that comes close to checking everything on offense in AAA, it's this thing. The only other candidate I could possibly see working for a Scarf Regen set like this is Magearna, but even that's a bit slow.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-543386811 - Victini completely destroys a fairly well-built on second thought garbage team; it gets up a toxic on gliscor that lets me spam spikes/rocks, gets a toxic on Volcarona that means Chans wins 100% (also V-create pressures offensive volcarona), can switch in on hoopa and ohko/grab momentum if he clicks anything but dark pulse (unlikely when i have a mag), pressures magearna a ton, counters Kartana and outspeeds and OHKOs, and gets a wisp off on Terrak while surviving if he's not Scarf.

Minior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Acrobatics
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake
- Power Gem

Mixed Minior with sort of a weird but sensible EV spread. Stone Edge never comes in handy really, and Power Gem at least means that Skarmory doesn't wall you.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-540565661
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-540451232 - Neither replay rly shows off how mixed is beneficial, but it has pulled weight against a skarm team and teams with intimidate. Also it never missed which is cool.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

It walls everything, and basically has the 4 best moves in pokemon. Magearna volt switch is extremely annoying and it stops that; it's also great at spinning and being annoying and fat. Probably one of the best spinners right now

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyabilitysuspecttest-529065941 - Tentacruel literally walls his whole team and prevents Magearna from grabbing momentum or Zapdos from being annoying

Last edited:
Here's some of the best AAA sets ive used over the past month or so:

Tapu Fini @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Scald

This thing started out as a meme but it ended up being so good that I started putting it on most of my offense teams. Water/Fairy is amazing coverage against opposing offense teams, but I'd say the selling point of this set is its bulk. Once it gets going (which is pretty easy), not only does it hit extremely hard with adapt hydro pump in rain, but even strong revenge killers like scarfchomp can't really revenge kill it, and priority is almost useless unless you have galvanize Espeed. The Speed tier is great; it outspeeds Megazam by like 2 points or something after the boost. Not only that, but it can revenge kill a ton of stuff too, especially with a 185 adapt water move.

252 SpA Adaptability Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana in Rain: 345-406 (133.2 - 156.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Adaptability Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 268-316 (89 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Adaptability Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos in Rain: 316-374 (82.5 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Adaptability Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde: 348-412 (83 - 98.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-542556864 - as soon as the desolate land mon dies, tapu fini sweeps
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-537293928 - basically kills 5 mons

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Most teams don't have a solid terrak switchin, mainly because there's only a few, if any, counters on offense. Basically, you get to +2, kill what's usually a sac or a pivot, then rack up boosts and sweep. Pretty straightforward but it's really good.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-542482828 - Terrak picking apart what's otherwise a fairly solid team

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

It's a weird set but it's so good so w/e. While you have assault vest if you want to be specially bulky, there isn't really anything for physical bulkiness. Choice Scarf, as dumb as dual status defensive choice scarf looks, makes Regen Victini last much longer and makes it much much more annoying. One advantage of Scarf is that you can run status moves, and on stall teams where momentum doesn't matter as much, will-o-wisp and toxic can be extremely annoying to deal with. The main advantage, though, is that instead of taking two hits like slower sets often do, you only take one. This means that you're basically u-turning out with half as much damage taken (which is even less when you factor in regen), and non-choiced offensive have to switch out and try their luck next time instead of just clicking the appropriate coverage move (this set legit checks hoopa). It checks a ridiculous amount of stuff, and even things like LO garchomp that normally beat you have to watch out for will-o-wisp. Victini's also the perfect pokemon for the job; it has enough bulk (100/100 is really bulky when invested), enough speed (just enough to creep Duggy without sacrificing too much), good utility moves (u-turn/will-o), and enough offensive pressure (STAB V-create) to do a bit of everything; if there's anything that comes close to checking everything on offense in AAA, it's this thing. The only other candidate I could possibly see working for a Scarf Regen set like this is Magearna, but even that's a bit slow.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-543386811 - Victini completely destroys a fairly well-built on second thought garbage team; it gets up a toxic on gliscor that lets me spam spikes/rocks, gets a toxic on Volcarona that means Chans wins 100% (also V-create pressures offensive volcarona), can switch in on hoopa and ohko/grab momentum if he clicks anything but dark pulse (unlikely when i have a mag), pressures magearna a ton, counters Kartana and outspeeds and OHKOs, and gets a wisp off on Terrak while surviving if he's not Scarf.

Minior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Acrobatics
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake
- Power Gem

Mixed Minior with sort of a weird but sensible EV spread. Stone Edge never comes in handy really, and Power Gem at least means that Skarmory doesn't wall you.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-540565661
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-540451232 - Neither replay rly shows off how mixed is beneficial, but it has pulled weight against a skarm team and teams with intimidate. Also it never missed which is cool.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

It walls everything, and basically has the 4 best moves in pokemon. Magearna volt switch is extremely annoying and it stops that; it's also great at spinning and being annoying and fat. Probably one of the best spinners right now

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyabilitysuspecttest-529065941 - Tentacruel literally walls his whole team and prevents Magearna from grabbing momentum or Zapdos from being annoying
Congrats! Your Waterium Z Tapu Fini set will be the inaugural member of our Hall of Fame.

Here's a couple for Balanced Hackmons.

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief
- Baneful Bunker

I didn't invent the concept of the set, I forget who did. I wanna say Adrian or Keep it Playful. However, it's not one I've seen around in a long time and this particular variant is my own creation. It's a more stall-focused Yveltal that's bulky enough to survive a hit from most Pokemon at +2, allowing it to steal their boosts or toss them out in favor of a different opponent. It struggles to switch in on +2 neutral hits from a number of opponents, so it doesn't counter most boosts. Circle Throw + Spectral Thief seems a little redundant, but it gives Yveltal great control over the opponent's momentum and ensures Ghosts, Normals, and Fairies cannot set-up on Yveltal. Stealing an opponent's Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Belly Drum, or Swords Dance boosts also allows Yveltal to somewhat sweep, though it lacks the power of a proper sweeper. Baneful Bunker assists in being stally, giving Yveltal free recovery turns and poisoning a lot of attackers, whittling them down. However, don't click it if the opponent is an Imposter, just knock off their item and then race for the Circle Throw speed tie.

The set is a bit flexible. Sucker Punch is the classic move over Spectral Thief, though in the current APS and Triage situation, it's a good bit less ideal than previously. Any other Protect-esque move can be subbed over Baneful Bunker, as well as other status and support like Spore, Taunt, and Roost.

If you're in doubt of what an opponent will do and Yveltal has high health, just click Circle Throw. If they try to set-up or something, you just safely denied the attempt. It's also handy if they try to do anti-Poison Heal trapping stuff too.

Ho-Oh @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Coil

With the EV limit removed, Unaware set-up sweeping has become a lot more viable. Especially with everyone running around as a bunch of little thieves and spectrally stealing boosts. This set relies on Ho-Oh's impressive base 154 Special Defense to soak up attacks on the special side while setting up Coil to shore up its lackluster defense and getting it ready to sweep. By being Unaware, it can set up in the face of most set-up sweepers, including APS, and not have a care in the world. If you get hit with Spectral Thief or Heart Swap in the process, no worries. While the opponent thinks you've just made them unstoppable, feel free to bop them and leave them confused why their boosts aren't working as who the heck runs Unaware sweepers anyway?

The reason for Sitrus Berry + Acrobatics is two-fold. Sitrus Berry eases setting up the crucial first Coil, which allows it to even get ready in front of some Pokemon like Mega Gyarados who would otherwise beat it. Once the berry is popped Acrobatics has it power doubled, making it the strongest physical Flying-STAB with no drawbacks. This is important as opposing Imposters will not have this boost as long as you don't bop them with Knock Off, meaning not only can Ho-Oh go toe to toe with its own Imposters, but the base 90 Speed and weakened Acrobatics means having a back-up Imposter check is very easy. Finally, Sacred Fire is just a very solid move on the set, as it burns physical attackers, burns Shedinja, and has a nice base power.

Just mind, this set has trouble with unburned T-Tar and Diancie packing Rock coverage. It'll also have trouble against Q. Dance PH Primal Kyogre unless Ho-Oh has the boosting lead when Kyo-P switches in, especially if the Kyo-P is a Spore variant. However, if Ho-Oh can get a good, solid hit on the Water Spout + Moonblast + Leech Seed variants before it attacks, it may be able to tank the weakened Water Spouts and defeat or force Kyo-P out.

You can run Shift Gear over Coil if you want. The speed is nice, but it makes the set is much weaker overall.

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.

Dialga @ Steelium Z
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Doom Desire
- Spacial Rend
- Recover
- Tail Glow

No ev limits. This thing can now take more than couple special hits. This set might seem common but I choose Steelworker over Magic Bounce and Tinted Lens to have high and consistent power.

+3 252+ SpA Steelworker Dialga Corkscrew Crash (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre-Primal: 382-450 (94.5 - 111.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Who even runs SpDef+ nature Kyogre?

+3 252+ SpA Steelworker Dialga Corkscrew Crash (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 420-495 (103.9 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+3 252+ SpA Dialga Spacial Rend vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon: 384-453 (95 - 112.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

+3 252+ SpA Steelworker Dialga Doom Desire vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Dialga: 412-486 (101.9 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Shedinja seems to be the only viable switch-in.

Easily imposter-proofed by Unaware Steel type or Maget Pull Fairy type with Substitute.

Dialga @ Steelium Z
Ability: Steelworker
Modest / Timid Nature
- Doom Desire
- Spacial Rend
- Recover
- Tail Glow

No ev limits. This thing can now take more than couple special hits.

Dialga is very strong in full EVs, i have seen a similar set today. Core Enforcer removes potential Unaware switch ins
and Substitute is rare and mostly used on stuff hating Core Enforcer.

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Introducing the best mon in MnM:

Barbaracle @ Lucarionite
Ability: Tough Claws
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Razor Shell
- Dragon Claw / Poison Jab / Taunt

This mon is crazy, absolutely crazy, powerful. At +2, it outspeeds everything and very few things do not get OHKOd. Pairing it with hazards is great, as is saving it for late game when everything is a little weaker. Its typing is also really nice as it resists the common Ice and Flying priority in the meta, and it also is just nice typing + bulk for the meta in general. Also you don't need to smash for it to be successful, as Barb outspeeds and OHKOs common meta threats like Zapdos and Golisopod. The first three moves are self-explanatory. Dragon Claw is nice to not play guessing games with Zygarde stone, and I use it when the foe has low hp as it can't miss. Poison Jab does the same thing but for fairies, but STAB is usually better anyway. Taunt does Taunt things.
This is currently my fav mon to use in the meta

Sweeping Jrdn by itself:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-526608856
Other sweeps in the few games I searched to get replays for this post:
Zephyr: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-545477387
Rando: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-545564040

Are you looking for an easy way to break through those super bulky offensive Pokemon that can just shrug your hits off and hit you back for enormous damage? I'm talking about the two primals we have, Groudon and Kyogre, which have benefited enormously from the removal of the ev limit. Well, say goodbye to both of them and hi to Mewtwo Mega Y, probably the most versatile offensive Pokemon in the metagame. Never mind the boring old Psychic Surge and Sheer Force and Contrary sets, which people overprepare for. Ground / electric is remarkably good coverage against the current metagame, which gives you tons of options as to the other moves on the set.
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Earth Plate
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Ice Beam / Grass Knot / Extreme Speed / spore
- Quiver Dance / Spore

Against Groudon
252+ SpA Earth Plate Mewtwo-Mega-Y Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 302-356 (74.7 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Galvanize Mewtwo-Mega-Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre-Primal: 282-332 (69.8 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ SpA Galvanize Mewtwo-Mega-Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Kyogre-Primal: 188-222 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 64.8% chance to 2HKO
Also it still outspeeds Poison Heal Kyogre-p after a single quiver dance boost, assuming that it did not choose a positive speed nature, and can 2hKO it.

Judgment smashes up Primal Groudon, OHKOing it after Stealth Rock and some U-turn damage. It also hits bulky steel types really hard, bypassing flash fire which is becoming more popular these days. Once you've broken any focus sash, it also is an instant OHKO on Mega Gengar. Meanwhile, Boomburst 2hKOs any common variant of Primal Kyogre, so it can't switch in, as well as Celesteela. You have a lot of options for your third and fourth moves. Go for Ice beam to at worst 2hKO Zygarde-C (252+ SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Zygarde-Complete: 292-348 (45.9 - 54.7%) -- 59.8% chance to 2HKO), and an OHKO on Mega Rayquaza and Sceptile which you can both outspeed as long as they don't have priority.
If you are afraid of Swampert and other bulky ground types, use Grass Knot. Extreme speed lets you hit specially defensive walls on their weaker stat and revenge kill stuff. Quiver Dance amps up MMY's power to frightening levels as well. Spore can incapacitate something such as an impostor before it can deal you too much damage.

Here are two AAA sets, which I use in my team and haven't seen in any other teams:

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 128 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Knock off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

This acts usually as my lead to bring out Stealth Rocks, but it's also an excellent ability scouter thanks to trace and U-Turn, helping me, for example, to identify the opponent's Unaware pokemon, so that I can weaken/remove it, before attempting a sweep. It also provides some recovery when tracing Regenerator, making it a nice switch-in against RegenVest Magearna.
The moves are pretty standard for a defensive Landorus, as well as the EV split.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

You may now mention Regenvest Magearna, but Rotom W has even better synergy with Landorus, resisting both of its weaknesses, while Landorus is immune to ground, has access to an actual recovery move in Pain Split, and cripples the opposing team by spreading burns.
With Landorus, it forms a VoltTurn core, which has few weaknesses and great coverage and not only generates momentum for my setup sweepers, it also provides excellent utility in scouting abilities and crippling opposing mons by removing their item and burning them.

Are you looking for an easy way to break through those super bulky offensive Pokemon that can just shrug your hits off and hit you back for enormous damage? I'm talking about the two primals we have, Groudon and Kyogre, which have benefited enormously from the removal of the ev limit. Well, say goodbye to both of them and hi to Mewtwo Mega Y, probably the most versatile offensive Pokemon in the metagame. Never mind the boring old Psychic Surge and Sheer Force and Contrary sets, which people overprepare for. Ground / electric is remarkably good coverage against the current metagame, which gives you tons of options as to the other moves on the set.
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance / Spore

Against Groudon
252+ SpA Earth Plate Mewtwo-Mega-Y Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 302-356 (74.7 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Galvanize Mewtwo-Mega-Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre-Primal: 282-332 (69.8 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ SpA Galvanize Mewtwo-Mega-Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Kyogre-Primal: 188-222 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 64.8% chance to 2HKO
Also it still outspeeds Poison Heal Kyogre-p after a single quiver dance boost, assuming that it did not choose a positive speed nature, and can 2hKO it.

Judgment smashes up Primal Groudon, OHKOing it after Stealth Rock and some U-turn damage. It also hits bulky steel types really hard, bypassing flash fire which is becoming more popular these days. Once you've broken any focus sash, it also is an instant OHKO on Mega Gengar. Meanwhile, Boomburst 2hKOs any common variant of Primal Kyogre, so it can't switch in, as well as Celesteela. You have a lot of options for your third and fourth moves. Go for Ice beam to at worst 2hKO Zygarde-C (252+ SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Zygarde-Complete: 292-348 (45.9 - 54.7%) -- 59.8% chance to 2HKO), and an OHKO on Mega Rayquaza and Sceptile which you can both outspeed as long as they don't have priority.
If you are afraid of Swampert and other bulky ground types, use Grass Knot. Extreme speed lets you hit specially defensive walls on their weaker stat and revenge kill stuff. Quiver Dance amps up MMY's power to frightening levels as well. Spore can incapacitate something such as an impostor before it can deal you too much damage.
So you're running a subpar ability and a subpar nature to supposedly deal with both primals better, and end up with a set that's actually worse at dealing with them then both the sheer force and the psychic surge set that you brushed off as boring.

Against Kyogre:

Sheer force:
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Mewtwo-Mega-Y Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 411-486 (101.7 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mewtwo-Mega-Y Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 372-439 (92 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Psyschic surge:
252+ SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal in Psychic Terrain: 376-445 (93 - 110.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal in Psychic Terrain: 367-433 (90.8 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Galvanize:
252+ SpA Galvanize Mewtwo-Mega-Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 308-364 (76.2 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Against Groudon:

Sheer force:
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Mewtwo-Mega-Y Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal: 419-494 (103.7 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Psychic surge:
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal in Psychic Terrain: 512-604 (126.7 - 149.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal in Psychic Terrain: 363-426 (89.8 - 105.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Galvanize:
252+ SpA Earth Plate Mewtwo-Mega-Y Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal: 330-390 (81.6 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

What's the point?

Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance / Spore

Against Groudon

I personally find the set underwhelming. MMY is strong and fast but that thing just checks the primals (sometimes). Then your speed tier is confused; you are not outspeeding neither Sceptile (base 145 vs base 140 of MMY) neither Gengar (because of running Modest over Timid). Even the primals have counter play; PH Kyogre can use Leech Seed and live an extra turn when at +1 in which it can QD again (and outspeed) or Scald for damage. Also you are not OHKOing it and that means it can switch out and recover later. Groudon on the other hand survives Judgement even without a boosting nature and risks to score an OHKO even without Adamant, and nothing prohibits it from running a Choice Scarf and cleanly kill MMY with V-Create.
Speaking of Judgment, that move should be used to imposter proof your MMY and you aren't doing that. How are you imposterproofing something if you give the imposter Bolt Beam coverage?
Switch Earth Plate to Icicle Plate, run Timid, imposter proof with any ground type with Safety Googles and you'll do a lot better. Or you can run this set to beat primals.

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch
- Steam Eruption
- Trick

Boomburst is Boomburst (I'm not even going to check how much it does against Pogre, I always OHKO it on the field), Volt Switch is for switching out, Steam Eruption murders non-immune P-dons (and they can be checked by something else) and Trick is for incapacitating walls. You are also outspeeding any unboosted Gengar and you can easily outplay it regardless its variant. You don't have to posses a PHD to understand how to imposter proof it.

Last edited:

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Hello everyone I'm UnleashOurPassion and decided I'd finally not be lazy and post...

I smiled when I saw Uselesscrab was so worried about my Durant being on ladder, who in their right mind would ever expect to have to EV to outspeed Durant. So here's a post about the most wonderful Pokémon in existence.

Durant in 1v1

The meta was not prepared

Our Passion (Durant) @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

This is 109 base attack of pure madness
Wait 109 isn't that much

One thing about the moves
I always run Superpower on it, that's just a must for me, I lose too much coverage if I don't. The other 3 moves are composed of the following:

- Stone Edge
Not running that is a big risk if you ever expect your Durant to have to fight a charizard (Mine does so all the time)

- Iron Head
A lot of things are gonna wall ya if you don't use this one, I almost always use it unless I'm 100% certain it's safe to leave it out

- X-Scissor
I don't run this often but need it in order to beat Mega Slowbro and it helps out a bunch against stuff like Deoxys-Defense
One of the reasons you don't really need it is because Superpower does the same damage as long as the effectiveness is the same, but of course superpower does drop your Defense and Attack

- Thunder Fang
If you don't run this then all your Gyarados matches will end up being a 50/50 and you'll end up crying a lot.
The issue with Thunder Fang is that it's a pretty big necessity on Durant and yet it beats only one Pokémon. If you run it you'll end up feeling crippled but it's still on most of my sets.
The reason it's not on the set I just posted is because of the second Pokémon I want to review today, which is on my team

The sheer damage
Durant hits like an absolute monster if you don't miss your moves. Luckily I'm an RNG God of some sort and it's hit enough moves for me to get and stay number one on 1v1 ladder for 2 weeks.

228 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 674-794 (95.7 - 112.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
-1 228 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Thunder Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados-Mega: 170-202 (51.3 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 228 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Thunder Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 448-528 (113.7 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO
228 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 304-358 (86.3 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
228 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 388-458 (130.6 - 154.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This is the most bulky Kyurem on usage stats... It's my own spread and afaik I'm the only one who runs it
228 Atk Choice Band Hustle Durant Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Kyurem-Black: 422-498 (92.9 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

The spread
I didn't really try to do anything too fancy with the spread, I just threw everything into power and speed until I died and ran the following calc

+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Durant: 222-262 (86.3 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO​

After that I added 28 Def investment to at least guaranteed live that one.

Replays
It happens.. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-542332380
Another hax http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-540048587
Why we don't run hone claws http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-534019783

I've been using this for 1.5 months and by now the meta is actually prepared to face it somewhat.. It took some effort to get good replays. I've looked through old ones and I seem to only save hax >.>

Some of you might look at the usage stats and say "boy that thing is 14th in usage in 1v1" before you use that as an argument to say this isn't really creative.. Most of that usage is me, as you can also see in th e Kyurem-Black movesets of the usage stats, where my Kyurem spreads make up 20% of all Kyurem uses

There is more
I promised you a "second Pokémon" this one is a little newer on my team, I only found this 2 days ago and it's been working like a charm.

Stunfisk in 1v1

Everyone so worried about "God Squad"

I've been nolifing this post and I think it's time for me to go fast, so I'll make this quick since there isn't that much to say.

Funfisk (Stunfisk) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Endure
- Yawn
- Thunder
- Earth Power

This set is pretty simple. Yawn -> Endure -> Kill. Let's jump straight to damage calcs.

Mega Gyarados
+1 252+ SpA Stunfisk Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 344-408 (87.3 - 103.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Stunfisk: 378-446 (89.5 - 105.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Mawile
+1 252+ SpA Stunfisk Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mawile-Mega: 368-434 (121 - 142.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Stunfisk: 322-379 (76.3 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

ZardX
+1 252+ SpA Stunfisk Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 404-476 (136 - 160.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Stunfisk: 295-348 (69.9 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

ZardY
+1 252+ SpA Stunfisk Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y: 384-452 (129.2 - 152.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Stunfisk: 306-360 (72.5 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This completely kills what is known as "God Squad" and numerous other things.

Replays
Mawile down http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-546662130
Well.. That happened... http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-546662514
Player known for their creative sets, don't judge http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-546667746

I just topped ladder with stunfisk
Let that sink in....
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-546683423

Sorry I think I went overboard on this post
~Mez

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Here's Offensive Magic Bounce Mega Rayquaza

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Eruption
- Oblivion Wing / Knock Off
- Earth Power / Knock Off

Basically, this mon aims to abuse the myriad fat defensive mons that don't really do anything. This makes it a good choice for defensive teams, because they often have trouble breaking through opposing defensive cores.

Offensive Magic Bounce users in standard play are held back by their inability to switch in on attacks from Stealth Rock setters. However, Rayquaza can freely switch in on most hits because of its increased bulk:

252 SpA Giratina Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 218-258 (52.6 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <--This is probably the strongest attack Rayquaza will have to take against defensive teams. Go for a Draco Meteor first to ensure that you force the Giratina out, then heal yourself with Oblivion Wing on forced switches.

Draco Meteor is the main move on the set. It OHKOs even very bulky defensive Pokémon:

252 SpA Choice Specs Rayquaza-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 566-668 (112.3 - 132.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Rayquaza-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 662-782 (104 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Eruption is chosen to deal maximum damage to bulky Steel-types:

252 SpA Choice Specs Rayquaza-Mega Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 338-398 (92.8 - 109.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Earth Power can be used to hit Flash Fire Steel-types, while Knock Off deals with Assault Vest users such as Primal Kyogre; Rayquaza can break through these Pokémon much more easily after their items are knocked off.

This set is relatively easy to imposter-proof because opposing Imposters don't get the boost from Choice Specs. Team members such as Xerneas or Flash Fire Steel-types can easily wall Imposters.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-546791014

All right, glad to see a thread like this because I spend most of my time coming up with creative movesets and such. Plus, this is my first time posting on Smogon, so I'm not quite sure what to expect.
Anyways, starting this off with Ferrothorn, one of my favorite Pokémon to use in the Balanced Hackmons meta. I'm fairly new to building sets, so forgive me if there are flaws, and suggestions are appreciated!

Ferrothorn @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
Sassy Nature
- Blaze Kick
- Fire Fang
- Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock / Toxic

This Ferrothorn set has completely utilized a physical Flash Fire set, keeping its x4 fire weakness in mind. This one has been more effective than other sets I've made due to the immunity to Topsy-Turvy and immunity to fire. Plus, not only that, but it utilizes the boost from Flash Fire by using charcoal and Sunny Day to power up Blaze Kick and Fire Fang even more. I'd go for V-Create but it's a bit risky because of the *important* stats decreasing. Ferrothorn, using this set, also loves having other 'mons that can take out any resists to Fire type moves, like M-Alakazam with Choice Specs and Giga Drain. (I'll also be editing this post a lot and adding in more movesets for other 'mons when I deem it necessary, don't want to spam this thread.)
Hi Mariokartana, welcome to this forum. First of all, this is BH. You aren't limited to 508 EVs, and you can maximise HP and defence too. Second, I'll be frank; Ferrothorn isn't really a dedicated attacker (he's 100% fine with Flash Fire). Also there are a lot of variables that may or may not happen. Using Flash Fire won't stop Mewtwo Mega X (in short MMX) from attacking with Fighting.
The same applies for Refrigerate Kyurem-B/W with Ice (beware Boomburst). Then Sunny Day doesn't particularly helps with power, you are much better using just Sword Dance or Shift Gear. The set is also prone to being copied with Imposter (not going to touch eachother, but Chansey can politely wait for Ferrothorn to end its PPs).
Regardless of viability, I suggest you to run Fire Lash over Blaze Kick, as it takes away defence on the opponent with every hit. You can't miss with it too.
Also Glare > Thunder Wave.
Anyway, I have no right to tell you how you have to play BH. If you want to play a Grass/Steel offensive Pokemon, i suggest you to try Kartana.

Givin a little set for BH

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icium Z
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Close Combat/drain punch
- Psycho Cut/ zen headbutt
- Spectral Thief/spore

Moves and item and ability

Z aurora Veil mega mewtew x. Using aurora veil in conjunction with icium z gives you plus one speed as well as halving damage against you. Snow warning is mandatory for aurora veil to work. Close combat and psycho cut are strong,stabs that hit incredibly hard and in conjunction with close combat, spectral their gives you an unresisted combination. You can use drain punch over close combat for sustainability and your defences won't go down but the power drop is noticeable. Spore can be used over spectral thief but then you will be suspectible to magic bounce and you won't be able to steal opponents shift gears swords dances etc.

How to play it and good partners

Unlike most mega mewtwo sets, this should be used as a late game cleaner instead of trying to wall break early game. The user should ko obvious counters (giratina is a good example of a counter). It's also good to ko Mega Diancie and contrary draco meteor/ psycho boost abusers and mega rayquaza. Play this on a team with multiple things that can beat sturdy shed and giratina. Hazard lead deoxys speed and contrary mega ray are good teammates. If you were stupid and spammed it early it's not complete deadwood you should sac as aurora veil can still be vital.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Givin a little set for BH

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Icium Z
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Close Combat/drain punch
- Psycho Cut/ zen headbutt
- Spectral Thief/spore

Moves and item and ability

Z aurora Veil mega mewtew x. Using aurora veil in conjunction with icium z gives you plus one speed as well as halving damage against you. Snow warning is mandatory for aurora veil to work. Close combat and psycho cut are strong,stabs that hit incredibly hard and in conjunction with close combat, spectral their gives you an unresisted combination. You can use drain punch over close combat for sustainability and your defences won't go down but the power drop is noticeable. Spore can be used over spectral thief but then you will be suspectible to magic bounce and you won't be able to steal opponents shift gears swords dances etc.

How to play it and good partners

Unlike most mega mewtwo sets, this should be used as a late game cleaner instead of trying to wall break early game. The user should ko obvious counters (giratina is a good example of a counter). It's also good to ko Mega Diancie and contrary draco meteor/ psycho boost abusers and mega rayquaza. Play this on a team with multiple things that can beat sturdy shed and giratina. Hazard lead deoxys speed and contrary mega ray are good teammates. If you were stupid and spammed it early it's not complete deadwood you should sac as aurora veil can still be vital.
Cool set!

MMX usually suffers from 4 moveslot-syndrome, and IMO having Aurora Veil support from other teammate will be more efficient.

Also wouldn't it be nice to explain how to imposter-proof your set?

Imposter doesn't copy aurora veil and I can spectral the speed boost they copy and the unresisted combo of spectral thief and close combat ever so slightly helps our 4mss​

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Imposter doesn't copy aurora veil and I can spectral the speed boost they copy and the unresisted combo of spectral thief and close combat ever so slightly helps our 4mss​
They can also set the veil due to your own MMX setting the Hail, and Imposter has Spectral Thief boost as well. Considering how Imposter is significantly more bulky, I would say your MMX is not capable of improofing itself. Probably something like Zygarde-C will take care of your own Imposter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)