Other Creative / Underrated Sets Thread (Read the thread, NO SHITTY GIMMICKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong in assuming that this falls in to the 'old, underrated,' sets that have fallen out of favour, but, I've not seen it in ages, and I love it: who remembers ol' Specsmence? Despite the fact that there are Pokemon that do it better, which is probably why it fell out of favour (cue Hydreigon, and in a bulky-offense-sorta-way, now Goodra), I wouldn't call it a shitty gimmick, personally, because it was a legitimate and useable set, once upon a time, and still is as it still has Hydro Pump over Hydreigon, and Speed/Ground Immune/Intimidate over Goodra. All this means I'd say it's not as redundant as it first looks, even considering Hydreigon; it has it's niche, and I personally will be using one!

Salamence@Choice Specs
Hasty/Mild w/ Intimidate
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Hydro Pump
-Brick Break/Dragon Pulse

It saw most of it's use in 4th gen, and even then was pretty under-used compared to classic Mixmence, DDmence, and standard Scarf/Banded sets. It's coverage comes in Draco Meteor and Fire Blast, which hit everything for neutral except Heatran, if I recall (don't know if anything gained the same resistances); Hydro Pump covers that and hits some things harder than neutral Fire Blast or Draco Meteor. Having Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse means he works well as a cleaner late game too, but Brick Break hits Chansey/Blissey harder on the switch in (guesstimates say that its probably a 2HKO on Bliss and 2-3HKO on Eviolite-Chansey).

This is basically a less effective version of UltiMario's set posted in the Aegislash thread, so credit to him, but this set works better:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Rash Nature
252 SpA / 140 Atk / 116 Spe
-Autotomize
-Shadow Ball
-Sacred Sword
-HP Ice

Because Aegislash is immune to two common priority moves, this set doesn't require switching back to Shield Forme. Aegislash should already be set up and faster than the opponent; King's Shield is foregone for the coverage of HP Ice. I'd like to use this set in the future as it lures physicial walls and hopefully will continue to.
I actually use Weakness Policy on Aggron for Rated Singles with fantastic results, I would rate it as at the very least Borderline between UU and RU, but best case it's upper UU.

Aggron @ Weakness Policy
Sturdy Ability
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
-Autotomize
-Iron Head/Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Head Smash

I use Aggron as a Suicide leader where I open up with 1 Autotomize, anymore isn't really necessary because at that point pokemon like Crobat or Noivern would be about the only ones to outspeed it.

It's really easy to activate weakness policy because many people would expect either Rock Head + Life Orb or Mega Aggron tanky open, so they just let loose on the SE moves. If you can't OHKO after the Weakness Policy kicks in (most likely from a fatal SE move that left you at 1 HP) you go for the Head Smash if Heavy Slam won't do as much damage.

This lead insanely counters people with Hyper-offensive openers, NEVER lead with this Aggron against Stealth Rock openers like Ferrothorn or Bronzong or Forretress that's basically a free setup for them because you can't do anything to that.

On top of that, the biggest counter I've seen so far is either Thunder Wave + Sticky Web Galvantula (which I also use myself as an alternative leader) or basically anything with Will-o-Wisp. A Fake-out + Low Kick Scouter will also completely destroy this so watch out for Ambipoms and such.

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Quick Attack / Stone Edge / Wild Charge
- U-turn

This is seriously powerful. It's like a far stronger Azumarill, with two much more powerful STABs in Return and Earthquake. It carries superior Speed, Offense, and Bulk to Azumarill, and basically has no safe switch ins with it's near perfect Ground/Normal Coverage. It often forces switches against pokemon with it's ground typing, allowing for a safe U-Turn to gain back momentum you may have lost earlier in the match. Your final moveslot is a bit of a Wild Card, between Priority, a way to hit Water Types who check you, or the use of Stone Edge for the EdgeQuake combo. While Gengar counters it nicely, we can always predict it an U-Turn out into other better checks, so far, Diggersby is one of the better wallbreakers I've seen.

Delphox @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Delphox gets a nice base 104 speed tier to set up subs before an attack. At 25% Blaze and Petaya kicks in, and flamethrower does some nice damage. Psyshock to beat special walls, and HP fighting like many psychic type pokemon do. It's also resistant against mach punch and bullet punch, which is nice. It's situational and requires team support but that's a moot point for most of the sets here. At this range you're OHKO'ing gengar and doing a good 66-79% on bulky landorus-T.

I just want to say that according to my studies, Specially Defensive Excadrill with Assault Vest is not a joke. I repeat: He is not a joke, and is perhaps the best Rapid Spinner in the game.

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Mold Breaker
Jolly HP 208 / SPD 252 / SPE 48
Rapid Spin
Earthquake
Iron Head
Rock Slide

Did Mega Gengar or Mega Alakazam just KO one of your Pokemon? No problem, have this bad boy go in there, tank a Focus Blast and murder their faces with an Earthquake. Scarf Latios switch in thinking he can KO you? Tank a Surf, and hit that bitch with an Earthquake because Mold Breaker don't care about no Levitate. Is that a Goodra with Fire Blast? Not anymore! Ninetails? More like Deadtails.

Seriuosly though. I had a Mega Alakazam Trace Protean off my Greninja and I thought it was a game over, so I just sent stuff out there to die. I'm down to Charizard X and Excadrill. Send Excadrill out there for shits and giggles, he survives the STAB Focus Blast, KOs back with EQ, and he and Charizard X lead me to a comeback of a tie. He is a boss. Of course, Specs users still hurt a lot and Physical Pokemon should be avoided at all costs, but that's why you have teammates.

I wish I could see the look on my opponents face when he just takes a Focus Blast like it's not big deal.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I actually use Weakness Policy on Aggron for Rated Singles with fantastic results, I would rate it as at the very least Borderline between UU and RU, but best case it's upper UU.

Aggron @ Weakness Policy
Sturdy Ability
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
-Autotomize
-Iron Head/Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Head Smash

I use Aggron as a Suicide leader where I open up with 1 Autotomize, anymore isn't really necessary because at that point pokemon like Crobat or Noivern would be about the only ones to outspeed it.

It's really easy to activate weakness policy because many people would expect either Rock Head + Life Orb or Mega Aggron tanky open, so they just let loose on the SE moves. If you can't OHKO after the Weakness Policy kicks in (most likely from a fatal SE move that left you at 1 HP) you go for the Head Smash if Heavy Slam won't do as much damage.

This lead insanely counters people with Hyper-offensive openers, NEVER lead with this Aggron against Stealth Rock openers like Ferrothorn or Bronzong or Forretress that's basically a free setup for them because you can't do anything to that.

On top of that, the biggest counter I've seen so far is either Thunder Wave + Sticky Web Galvantula (which I also use myself as an alternative leader) or basically anything with Will-o-Wisp. A Fake-out + Low Kick Scouter will also completely destroy this so watch out for Ambipoms and such.
Rock Polish > Autotomize and always use Heavy Slam over Iron Head.

Great set, I might use it sometime.

Hello! I'm new here to Smogon, and recently I posted a rather irrelevant thread to the Smog Articles thread. Now, I've bought my copy of the game and have been testing out my set against foes on WiFi from my 3DS, so these actually have been tested.
Quilladin Evo-Stall:
Quilladin @ Eviolite
Trait: Overgrow
EVS: Invested in HP, Defense, and only a bit of Special Defense
Impish/Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Needle Arm/Seed Bomb/Smack Down
- Bulk Up
Quilladin can outmatch Chestnaught's defenses with an Eviolite easily. (I've done out the math, and Quilladin has more defense than Chestnaught by about 10-20 stat... units?) Quilladin can be sent in as a lead, but is more valuable to bring it in when a physical attacker is detected. First, use Leech Seed to begin your stall with steady HP recovery. From here, you can a) Use Protect every other turn, with Needle Arm every other. This can be very effective due to Needle Arm's flinching chance. b) use Bulk Up (provided you've taken out all resistors of Grass types already) to strengthen your Defense even more (with an additional Attack up-this strategy is not to rely on Quilladin's attacking.) The choice between Needle Arm/Seed Bomb/Smack Down is for these reasons: Needle Arm is a bit less powerful than Seed Bomb, but the 30% flinch rate is a godsend for a stalling set. Also, I haven't tested Smack Down yet in a battle, but it takes care of all but one of a Grass-type's weaknesses (Ice, Fire, Flying, Bug, but not Poison.) which can be quite useful against, as long as those opponents are using physical moves and don't OHKO Quilladin. Bulk Up is helpful, but shouldn't be mistaken for an attempt to sweep. Maybe if you've used it 6 times and your Attack and Defense are completely maxed out it can start up your sweep, but it's more to keep Quilladin alive longer and to do something productive with your turns in between Protects.
Pros:
Great physical bulk
Decent special bulk
Leech Seed + Protect, however classic, is used very well by Quilladin
And when used in addition to Needle Arm, you have 3 pure regaining turns in a row (if Needle Arm flinches.)
Bulk Up can expand Quilladin's longevity and increase the HP drained from opponents
Smack Down can leave Quilladin almost without a weakness, and the one left seems to lack presence in competitive battling
Cons:
Leech Seed + Protect is quite predictable to an experienced battler (although Needle Arm's flinch and Bulk Up's defense may surprise them)
Although there aren't many types that Quilladin can't effectively stall against or damage with Smack Down, many Pokémon can resist Needle Arm or Smack Down, which can allow the opponent more time to KO you
Is contested heavily by Chesnaught with Spiky Shield

And, speaking of Chesnaught's Spiky Shield:
Chestnaught (Wanna-be) Sweep
Chestnaught @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVS: Invested in HP and Attack, and minimally in Special Defense
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Power-Up Punch/Bulk Up
- Seed-Bomb/Wood Hammer
I apologize that these two sets are based around the same concept, but there are enough changes in strategy, I think, to list them separately. While Quilladin before it has insufficient Attack to pull of a sweep without tons of building up, Chestnaught lives up to its namesake as a juggernaut-its defenses will not be broken down without a HUGE struggle, and its attack power is absurdly high. However, Leech Seed and Spiky Shield are just too good of a combination not to use, and it really helps the stall, regardless. The stall starts the same way as if you were using Quilladin, with Leech Seed to regain HP throughout the set-up. (or the opponent's lifespan.) However, Spiky Shield is much better than Protect in that whenever it is used, the attacker will be damaged.
Power-Up Punch deals a bit of damage while raising only the Attack stat, but Bulk Up raises Attack and Defense with no damage. It's a tough choice, but I, personally, prefer using Power-Up Punch. I just like the feeling of hurting my opponent while helping myself at the same time, hence my love for the Leech Seed stall. However, if you decide to use this set up, you may find that Bulk Up is a better choice for you. Seed Bomb and Wood Hammer are both spectacular, but Wood Hammer can be rather unreliable. For example, against a Pokémon like Blissey, the recoil damage alone can destroy you. Also, in a pinch, if your Pokémon is left with only a few HP, Wood Hammer should not be used. I'd recommend Seed Bomb over Wood Hammer.

I'm sorry if these sets aren't creative or underrated enough (although I'd admit I haven't seen an opponent using a defensive Quilladin or a Chestnaught that doesn't wield a Choice Band/Scarf or just all attacking moves.) I'd like to redeem myself for my idiocy on the Smog Article, and I hope this time I've come prepared enough to have my post respected and acknowledged positively.

~~Smiddie~~
I'd use Bulletproof as it's ability. It's far superior especially for a set like Leech Seed + Spiky Shield. Being immune to stuff like Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, and Aura Sphere(!) is too good to pass up.

I was once thinking of a mixed Sweeper set that can utilize Aegislash's base 150 SpA and HP Ice and Autotomize, but the one I had in mind carried Weakness Policy. Tank an SE move as you go for Autotomize and then start wrecking at +2, I think it's definitely worth considering using that as a possibility over Leftovers for that exact set.

Also for sets, I "wanna be that guy" who came up with something weird, and I think this may be worth a nice lol:

Klefki @ Air Balloon
Trait: Prankster
EVS: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Foul Play/Thunder Wave/Toxic
- Spikes
- Recycle

Gimmicky as it may seem, this actually means Klefki literally has only one weakness, that being Fire. With Prankster, Recycle, and Air Balloon, even if you come in on a resisted hit from say a choice-locked attacker, you can still Recycle the Balloon back to regain your immunity. While this set lacks recovery, is highly vulnerable to Taunt, and no longer serves as effectively in the lead position, you pretty much gain the ability to check Choice-locked Dragons a huge majority of the time. Or rather, you get to check any Dragon-type not running a Fire move and basically get free turns to set up Spikes. I can't guarantee you how many Dragons won't have a Fire move (Some may end up forgoing it for a coverage move against Fairies), but the times you do see it, you will be able to annoy the foe by setting up and then harassing his Pokemon further with Toxic/Draining Kiss/Foul Play. Definitely worth trying? y/n

I may be misremembering, but I believe that Recycle doesn't work with Air Balloon. At the least, I remember that somebody tried it with Garbodor in 5th gen NU and it turned out that it didn't work then- it might have been changed in this generation, but it certainly merits testing.

I haven't gotten to test this out yet, but I'm hoping it balances with sandstorm getting nerfed.

Sandy Coral
Special Wall Craidly: Storm Drain
@ Weakness Policy
Calm (+SpDef -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 SpAt
1. Amnesia
2. Recover
3. Energy ball / Giga Drain
4. Toxic

I used this set (with a pecha berry instead of weakness policy) on a 5th gen OU sandstorm stall team to great success. Cradily laughs at 90% of special attackers provided sand is up, and especially if it gets the opportunity to use Amnesia even once. From there, toxic and hit to death, bleeds Lati@s dry.

Weakness policy is exciting though, as often times people attempt to go for an Ice Beam on Cradily expecting it to do more than it will, or, because they were trying to hit Hippowdon and you switch in Cradily. +2 Energy Ball / Giga Drain from the weakness policy will help Cradily take down threats faster than usual, preventing crit-fishing which is usually the only reason Cradily ever bows to a special attacker.

Sand getting dropped to 5 turns seriously hinders the viability here, as in 5th gen Cradily usually took a number of turns to set up. Excited to try it out, but I'm nervous that the lack of perma sand will strip Cradily from managing to pull it off.

Attachments

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I may be misremembering, but I believe that Recycle doesn't work with Air Balloon. At the least, I remember that somebody tried it with Garbodor in 5th gen NU and it turned out that it didn't work then- it might have been changed in this generation, but it certainly merits testing.
I've actually been using this set myself, it's been working wonders. Maybe I have to test it ingame itself just to make sure, but it definitely works on the simulator

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I haven't gotten to test this out yet, but I'm hoping it balances with sandstorm getting nerfed.

Sandy Coral
Special Wall Craidly: Storm Drain
@ Weakness Policy
Calm (+SpDef -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 SpAt
1. Amnesia
2. Recover
3. Energy ball / Giga Drain
4. Toxic

I used this set (with a pecha berry instead of weakness policy) on a 5th gen OU sandstorm stall team to great success. Cradily laughs at 90% of special attackers provided sand is up, and especially if it gets the opportunity to use Amnesia even once. From there, toxic and hit to death, bleeds Lati@s dry.

Weakness policy is exciting though, as often times people attempt to go for an Ice Beam on Cradily expecting it to do more than it will, or, because they were trying to hit Hippowdon and you switch in Cradily. +2 Energy Ball / Giga Drain from the weakness policy will help Cradily take down threats faster than usual, preventing crit-fishing which is usually the only reason Cradily ever bows to a special attacker.

Sand getting dropped to 5 turns seriously hinders the viability here, as in 5th gen Cradily usually took a number of turns to set up. Excited to try it out, but I'm nervous that the lack of perma sand will strip Cradily from managing to pull it off.
Sets like these are over-reliant on Toxic, and considering Fairies have increased the popularity of Poison- and Steel-types this Cradily can easily get walled hard, discounting the number of Grass-resistant Substitute Pokemon that easily turn the tables on this set (lucky you, having not facing SubCM Latias or ChestoRest Volcarona). Amnesia also doesn't protect Cradily from ubiquitous Fighting moves and Scizor. I'm sorry, Cradily was barely decent in Gen V (and even then your set is iffy), but in Gen VI the Sand nerf doomed Cradily to sheer mediocrity (not that it was terrific to begin with). There is no 'balance' here. Weakness Policy also isn't great on a Pokemon with no investment and poor coverage.

Sets like these are over-reliant on Toxic, and considering Fairies have increased the popularity of Poison- and Steel-types this Cradily can easily get walled hard, discounting the number of Grass-resistant Substitute Pokemon that easily turn the tables on this set (lucky you, having not facing SubCM Latias or ChestoRest Volcarona). Amnesia also doesn't protect Cradily from ubiquitous Fighting moves and Scizor. I'm sorry, Cradily was barely decent in Gen V (and even then your set is iffy), but in Gen VI the Sand nerf doomed Cradily to sheer mediocrity (not that it was terrific to begin with). There is no 'balance' here. Weakness Policy also isn't great on a Pokemon with no investment and poor coverage.
Damn, yeah I think you're right about Poison/Steel getting bumped up and thereby eliminating toxics usefulness puts a huge hole in this.

I disagree with just about everything else you said (Cradily fucked everything SpAt in gen5 OU, pokes that it didn't could easily be dealt with by other team members with good synergy), but it hardly matters for gen6 relevance anyway given the problem with toxic haha.

Sad face. For a minute there I was thinking I could resurrect my sand team for gen6. Back to the drawing board.

Behold, Contrary Serperior.

Smuglord @ Wide Lens (For fixing 90% acc leaf storm).
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare
- Hidden Power

Glare to ease setup, then spam leaf storm.
If facing a good setup target first, don't use glare, and bluff choice item. then suprise with Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power Fire, Ice or Ground.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Why Rock Polish > Autotomize? Don't they both do the same thing?
Autotomize decreases the user's weight in addition to boosting Speed. Mega-Aggron is so huge that it makes pretty good use of Heavy Slam, which would make the weight-lowering effect counterproductive. The choice of Autotomize + Iron Head vs Rock Polish + Heavy Slam is a question of reliability (Iron Head combo) vs the chance for more power (Heavy Slam combo).

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why Rock Polish > Autotomize? Don't they both do the same thing?
Just like Darth Missingno said, Autotomize decreases the user's weight, and Mega Aggron will mostly be always a lot heavier than what it hits, so Heavy Slam is usually always going to be stronger than Iron Head.

Just like Darth Missingno said, Autotomize decreases the user's weight, and Mega Aggron will mostly be always a lot heavier than what it hits, so Heavy Slam is usually always going to be stronger than Iron Head.
It may be useful to know that tyrunt learns stealth rock and is in the monster and dragon egg groups. A lot of pokemon, including aron, can get stealth rocks this way.

Also, for Mega aggron and iron head vs. heavy slam:

For heavy slam to be weaker than iron head, and have a power of 60 or 40 (assuming it works the same as gen V), a pokemon needs to weigh more than a third of 395kg, which is about 131.6kg.

Excluding other megas and gen VI pokemon, here are the pokemon that would take more damage from iron head than heavy slam:

arcanine
golem
cloyster
onix
gyrados
lapras
snorlax
dragonite

steelix
mantine
kingdra
raikou
entei
suicune
pupitar
tyranitar
lugia
ho-oh
hariyama
aggron
wailord
camerupt
lunatone
solrock
milotic
glalie
walrein
metang
metagross
regirock
regice
registeel
kyogre
groudon
rayquaza
torterra
bastiodon
bronzong
hippowdon
abomasnow
magnezone
lickilicky
rhyperior
electivire
mamoswine
probopass
dialga
palkia
heatran
regigigas
giratina
arceus
emboar
gigalith
scolipede
crustle
jellicent
beartic
cryogonal
druddigon
golurk
hydreigon
cobalion
terrakion
virizion
reshiram
zekrom
kyurem

Not in some cases

I have been having a lot of sucess with this build as my lead for my Hyper Offensive team:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- King's Shield
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web

King's Shield is a huge addition to Smeargle because the best way to deal with Sash Smeargle as lead is priority, add King's Shield to the equation and they will have to choose between switching out (which means you get a free Web or SR) or killing Smeargle, allowing you to switch a set up sweeper vs a -2 atk set up fooder in a field of Web or SR.

Not to mention the times in where you King's Shield turn 1 and they cant 2HKO anymore (specially effective when they have a Grass type there).

On a final note, this also stops Fake Out leads, which are a common counter for Sash Smeargle. "Cute Mega-Khan dude, let me harshly lower his attack".

A quick game that shows how insane this can be:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-58680324

A long game that proves Spore and Web can make a huge impact in a game:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-58681055

A nice game that shows clearly how Smeargle can be easily fucked over when you know what you are doing and dont have King's Shield:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-58755128

Last edited:
@chuavechito, that sounds like a really interesting set but I couldn't personally ever use Smeargle without Whirlwind. I'd be more inclined to run King's Shield over SR personally.
I just faced MegaGengar with Perish Song and Protect and I can honestly say it's the most broken thing i've ever seen in Pokemon, if you're relying on a defensive check to Gengar it will die and there's nothing you can do, if you're relying on an offensive one there is a 50% chance it will die and there is nothing you can do. The ease with which it can remove your Pokemon is just retarded so I guess if you want to be a dick and fuck people over on ladder you should go use that.

Used this a bunch in 5th gen. Best Forretress set IMO.

Forretress
Red Card
Sturdy
Relaxed
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 SpD
Stealth Rock/Spikes/Pain Split/Rapid Spin

Completely destroys boosters and gets max hazards up. Best part is, no one expects it. Red Card doesn't see much usage, so it works nearly every time. Let your opponent set up while you set up entry hazards. When they get to +6, Pain Split. They lose all their boosts, and you heal on whatever switches in.

Here are a couple of funny sets I've had some success with on wifi while looking for grass types to add to my FWG core (not on the same team though). EVs are definitely not optimized but the idea's there.

Chesnaught @ Chesto Berry
Impish nature, 252hp/252def/4sdef Ability: Bulletproof
Rest
Sleep Talk
Power Up Punch
Wood Hammer

It's similar to an old Restalk CM Suicune set, except for it actually has two damaging moves. Though Power Up Punch lacks power at first, after a few boosts it makes this guy pretty hard to deal with. Unless Talonflame is around.

Trevenant @ Chesto Berry
Impish Nature, 252hp/252def/4sdef Ability: Harvest
Rest
Wood Hammer
Power Up Punch/Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Claw/Rock Slide

The latter is much more effective than the former. This guy would be a REALLY good spinblocker on a sun team.

Alright, I'll give this a shot, theres a lot of rules, so I'm sorry if I break any of them here, especially since I have no idea if Klefki will be in OU or have no business there. But heres a few things I've been using in Y version.

Klefpard set

Prankster
Air Balloon
Full defensive EVs

Swagger
Foul Play
Thunderwave
Spikes

With the exemption of spikes, this is your standard set on a liepard. You thunderwave them, then swagger, and foul play your way to victory. However, something I've found interesting is that with a little luck, and the use of parafusion to immobilize the opponent, it can be very easy to set up 3 layers of spikes without any issue. Until now it just didn't seem like enough bang for my buck wasting 3 turns to set up spikes that could be bypassed by anything with rapid spin, a flying type, or levitate, but with Klefki, quite often I don't even have to get hit once. After the spikes are up, you can just use it to deal massive damage with foul play. Klefki's speed isn't anything special, but with the 5 immunities, decent defenses, and only 1 weakness to fire, Klefki can generally take a hit and live with more than half HP left intact, then take down the opponent. I have yet to see any other pokemon really fill the role of an entry setter through the use of parafusion, so I figured I'd toss him on here. It does require a little luck to run him, you have to hope for the immobilization, but as of yet, my worst is two layers of spikes, and my best has been 3 full layers, and taking out 3 of my opponents team with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)