OU Cresselia

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Strange. I thought I fixed the EV spread already as I mentioned in a previous post. I've reverted it back to what it is meant to be. Good find.

I'd like to say, if Cresselia isn't OU, it should be. I was able to survive a Mega Gengar's (252 SpA, 252 Spe) shadow ball with a calm, 252 HP, 150 SpD, 156 Def, cresselia. I was honestly quite surprised. I was also able to survive an unboosted, max attack haxorus' outrage with 2HP from 98 HP. So yeah. She's pretty bulky :3
That's interesting to note. I never realised Cresselia was bulky, but it looks like it can actually withstand some hits, even super-effective ones from the very common Mega Gengar! Labyrinthine , could you please address this new information which has come to light?

lab report ᐛ
BryceJ12398: Psycho Shift is already mentioned in OO. It doesn't deserve a main slash on the sets or a mention of moves given that Cresselia is already pushed very hard and Psycho Shift is far less reliable than something such as Heal Bell support from a Chansey.

edit: fixed @ below. thanks based trc

Last edited:
Wait wait wait

It is best to keep Cresselia as healthy possible and bring it in on Pokemon that are incapable of bypassing its ridiculous defensive limits.
This sentence :/

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I know this is done, but this sentence doesn't make sense:
Moves
========
Despite wishing that it just had a little bit more to work with, Cresselia can utilize an effective defensive set with its unique movepool. Moonlight is used as the primary healing move and as such will be used a lot of the time. It is important to note that Moonlight has its shortcomings; it heals less health in sand and rain and has limited PP. Because of this, it should not be used excessively. Psychic is the main STAB move and allows Cresselia to chip down opponents and hit Fighting-types super effectively. Despite its slight nerf, Hidden Power Fire can also work well in this slot. Not only does it dispose of defensive Ferrothorn and Forretress, but it also gives Cresselia a way to get past Scizor and Ferrothorn.

About the 248 HP EVs on the second set:

248 HP EVs = 443 total hit points | 443 x (1/8) = 55.375
252 HP EVs = 444 total hit points | 444 x (1/8) = 55.5

Because things round down in Pokemon, Cresselia is taking 55 damage from Stealth Rock no matter what.

Mentions of Jirachi and Forretress should be removed
The Dual Screens set is EVd to outspeed Adamant Loom and Timid Toed. While irrelevant currently the set still achieves the benchmark of outspeeding Adamant Bisharp and should probably be updated in the comments to reflect the current metagame

lab report ᐛ
i agree - jirachi and forry mentions removed. i replaced adamant loom with bisharp in the set details as the former is now pretty irrelevant and adamant bisharp is extremely important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)