SPOILERS! [Crown Tundra!] List of Movepool Changes

is HA obtainable from 1* raids in the event?
It should be, T1 raids can give HA normally. Besides I've definitely seen screenshots of Mold Breaker Drilbur with Hydropump here and there.

To be fair I am curious to see how they will handle this irregularty as far as "legality checks". It's a clear coding error, but we do have releases of a pokemon with an incorrect move.

(Also, personal curiosity, is Drilbur and its evolution able to re-learn Hydro Pump after forgetting it?)

Isn't this somewhat similar to Swords Dance Shedinja?

I am glad it's Hydro Pump and not, god forbid, Flare Blitz or Close Combat or something like that.

Isn't this somewhat similar to Swords Dance Shedinja?

I am glad it's Hydro Pump and not, god forbid, Flare Blitz or Close Combat or something like that.
I don't think so. Shedinja managed to get swords dance because it was created after nincada evolves (and gains ninjasks's moves at the appropriate level). This looks more like somebody entered the wrong number somewhere.

Who knows, maybe it'll stick around. It's not like it's overpowered, and beheeyem still gets steel wing despite "mistake" also being a plausible reason for its initial inclusion.

Shedinja had also been able to inherit Ninjask's moves in multiple generations (3 and 4) so this was either something which they didnt intend and didnt realise until BW, or intended and changed their minds about it in BW. Which interpretation happened is probably up to one to decide, since Shedinja has never been compatible with swords dance tutor or TR.

I predict Zapdos getting Hurricane and Tapu Koko getting Play Rough is going to make them a good amount stronger in the competitive scene.

Right? I've been checking daily for the hope that some explosive datamine happens and the Pokeworld explodes. Just a few more days!
Do you mean it can't be data mined early, or can't be data mined at all?
Sorry, should have been clearer - it can't be datamined early.
To iterate better: pre-downloads are usually crypted, and the encryption key tends to be ridicolously big to the point that it'd take years to bruteforce it, so dataminers don't even bother.
Obviously, once the game is *actually released*, then they can datamine the shit out of it since at that point the data is free to be accessed.

That is why all the datamines that usually happen are either from questionably obtained copies (see, review copies or shops breaking the release date), or data put in the software that wasnt meant to be accessed (see, Home's movesets)

To iterate better: pre-downloads are usually crypted, and the encryption key tends to be ridicolously big to the point that it'd take years to bruteforce it, so dataminers don't even bother.
Obviously, once the game is *actually released*, then they can datamine the shit out of it since at that point the data is free to be accessed.

That is why all the datamines that usually happen are either from questionably obtained copies (see, review copies or shops breaking the release date), or data put in the software that wasnt meant to be accessed (see, Home's movesets)
I wonder how long, after release, it will take the DLC to be datamined. It’s almost guaranteed that it will be smaller than a full game (so less data) and the games are already cracked so miners should have an idea of where to look for certain things.

I wonder how long, after release, it will take the DLC to be datamined. It’s almost guaranteed that it will be smaller than a full game (so less data) and the games are already cracked so miners should have an idea of where to look for certain things.
Probably less than 1 day, since it's not like they have to crack anything, just literally open the same files of SwSh and look at the new data lol

If anything I'd be interested in the Home update and see if they add anything to it.

Pre-downloads aren't even entering the picture here, for the record. The DLC update isn't sitting there after you purchase the pass like what happens when you prepurchase a game on the eshop, there's nothing to datamine there. As such we have to wait for the actual update to land at which point it's, well, actually playable anyway for everyone.

And once that happens people hit the ground running and we'll probably see things within an hour lol. Depending on how the update data is set up anyway, maybe it'll break some tools briefly; that happens with Smash all the time so sometimes stuff isnt dug out until the next day.

Can't wait for this page to be populated again in the coming days
Same. I'm obviously looking forward to any significant move-pool changes for the returning pokémon, but I'm also looking forward to the trivial info as well, like level-up lists and what pokémon gets as replacements for removed moves (like Larvitar suddenly able to learn Tackle after seven generations).

Same. I'm obviously looking forward to any significant move-pool changes for the returning pokémon, but I'm also looking forward to the trivial info as well, like level-up lists and what pokémon gets as replacements for removed moves (like Larvitar suddenly able to learn Tackle after seven generations).
I'm mostly excited on what the full tutor move list will be. We know that those 18 moves will be the new tutor moves, but what old moves will also be included? I can pretty much bet that stuff like Roost, Defog and Focus Punch will return and then Toxic and Confide (LOL) will be included

I'm mostly excited on what the full tutor move list will be. We know that those 18 moves will be the new tutor moves, but what old moves will also be included? I can pretty much bet that stuff like Roost, Defog and Focus Punch will return and then Toxic and Confide (LOL) will be included
Do we know if there will be any old moves as tutor moves? I hope that you're right. I can definitely see those moves returning, along with Aqua Tail, Explosion and Knock Off. I missed not having Aqua Tail on Pokémon such as Drapion, and I was recently surprised to learn that neither Explosion nor Knock Off weren't available as TM/TR already.

Do we know if there will be any old moves as tutor moves? I hope that you're right. I can definitely see those moves returning, along with Aqua Tail, Explosion and Knock Off. I missed not having Aqua Tail on Pokémon such as Drapion, and I was recently surprised to learn that neither Explosion nor Knock Off weren't available as TM/TR already.
Knock Off's always been a tutor move since Gen 4

Didn't they say Isle of Armor would have "new move tutors including moves not seen before"? That would imply some tutors for old moves.
New tutor moves
Completely new tutor moves will also be available on the Isle of Armor. You can have your Pokémon learn these moves in exchange for Armorite Ore, a substance that you can find on the Isle of Armor through Max Raid Battles and other means.
currently they say it like this

and going into the wayback machine
New tutor moves
New moves that have never been available in past Pokémon series games will appear in this expansion!
Wow this is a lot less vague than I remembered it being.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)