Crystal Battle Tower Team

Hey there,

I've put together this Battle Tower team for Pokémon Crystal, and it has done surprisingly well. Before I start, let me just say that I only ever use UU Pokémon. OUs make the game too easy, so I challenge myself to just use UUs. Anyway, here is my team. Tell me what you think.

Jumpluff @ Miracleberry
-Leech Seed
-Encore
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore

This set works really well. Leech Seed for team recovery and the Powders for support. Encore can be used for Earthquakers, and for locking things into stat modifing moves. It can stall out half the teams in there with Leech Seed and Encore/Sleep Powder. The Miracleberry helps with status, particularly paralysis, which takes away its speed. A really great support.

Sandslash @ Leftovers
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Body Slam

A great physical sweeper. After Jumpluff Encores something into Thunderbolt or puts something to sleep, Sandslash can Swords Dance up and sweep really well. Leftovers keeps it in for longer.

Magmar @ Brightpowder
-Fire Blast
-Cross Chop
-Thunderpunch
-Protect

A mixed attacker. Fire Blast, Cross Chop and Thunderpunch are for coverage on things that Sandslash can't handle. Protect has two uses, one is to stall on Leech Seed for more HP, and the other is for Earthquake users. If they bring one on Magmar, I just use Protect, survive the predicted Earthquake, switch to Jumpluff, outspeed and Encore. I can then Leech Seed and stall.

This team cleared the level 50 floor fairly easily, but I haven't had enough time to test it on other floors. So far, I have found my biggest threat to be Lapras. Ice Beam takes out Jumpluff, Surf hits Magmar and both moves hit Sandslash. Cross Chop does plenty to Lapras, but Surf is the problem. If I can Sleep or Encore it with Jumpluff, I'm usually fine, but Jump gets OHKO'd by Ice Beam. I was thinking that Light Screen could be useful, but Jumpluff only learns Reflect.

Suggestions are welcome, just keep in mind that it has to be UU.

Thanks, TheFurretMan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)