Custom Avatar I made (Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty)

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi. Not quite sure if this is the right place to showcase this, but I made a PS! Custom Avatar, basically bc I felt like it. I have very little experience in art in general, so it was going to be challenging anyway, but nonetheless I picked a hell of person to try to make into and feel like a Pokemon trainer: The bright pale blue and white in his hair and coat, respectively, combined with the show's lack of outline, depth and tone in their artsyle made making this sprite not seen 2-D and boring a challenge, and also made it so that using straight up black to outline shapes, which most sprites in Pokemon do, came out too thick and would not work for the light colors, especially Rick's hair. I ended up using a grey to outline his lab coat, dark brown for his pants, and a slightly darker shade of blue for his hair. I also had to just guess as to how his face would look if it had any depth, which was annoying. I was able to use the BW Scientist and the HGSS Gentleman for his arms and legs, which was amazing because I just can't draw arms and hands at all, so that's good.

Rick Sprite Art  No Background Draft 4.png

Hey, if it turns out this is the right place to post this, lmk how I can improve with this pixel art, probably going to try more in the future.

Edit: Oh and naturally if there's something huge that I'm missing with this sprite, I can still edit it, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

MamOwOswine

big oof
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Don't have much experience with pixel art, but I like his coat and expression ^^
I guess you could outline the face with a darker color, since his face is kinda blending into his hair.
I think you'll have more luck in Smeargle's Laptop since I'm very casual at spriting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)