Pending Custom Battle Gimmick Changes

Previously, I submitted requests regarding the return of dynamax in all five of the basic national dex formats, those being NU, RU, OU, UBERs, and AG. However, due to coding restraints or lack of interest to constitute putting in this work, these requests were rejected.

I recently came up with a couple different solutions to these problems, and both involve changes to the mechanics of custom battles.
First off, with the help of a comment from Turtlek, I had the idea to have custom battles change which gimmick is in play based on hidden clauses. For example, if, say, the dynamax clause is in play, it would allow dynamax, but not terastallizaion, in that given battle, and vice-versa. Mega evolution and Z-moves would likely remain the same as they have been throughout the introduction of new gimmicks, being available to activate, when applicable, in place of dynamax or terastallization, respectively.
Second, a potential option would be to create separate custom battle formats for each gimmick. For example, the custom battle format that allows dynamax would be Gen 8 Custom Battle, the format that allows terastallization would be Gen 9 Custom Battle, etcetera. While this option would likely be much more time-consuming, it would likely allow the coding to be much simpler.

I do see the flaws in both of these recommendations, so I understand if I am rejected once again. However, I ask you to consider all the options and at least try to form somewhat of a plan to execute this so to find out if it would really be worth carrying out before rejecting my request.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)