Cute Team

(I think this will be a OU team since I have a Whimsicott in it)

It is a complete team... but yet not so complete. =/
I wanted to make a team featuring some RARELY USED CUTE pokemons (that are considered weak) for the random match up rotation battles.

The main goal of this team is to wall with the help of status moves, slow down sweepers with thunder wave, remove set ups before going offensive. This team is a pretty bulky one as you will see most are walls.

But most importantly, the pokemons have to be cute. :3

Cofagrigus
w: Mummy h: Leftovers n:Bold
EVs: 100HP 202Def 208SpD
-Will-o-wisp
-Shadow ball
-Haze
-Trick room

C: But as you can see, here is my problem! I like this pokemon, but it is not cute more of scary. But right now, I find no better replacement because my team is slow and this pokemon can set up a trick room for me without risking get 1HKOD. Turning those drizzel/sun/sand teams' hax speed against them. It also has Haze, to counter set up sweepers as well as minimize chanseys. It has a ghost type typing so it is a good counter to those pesty arons in sand storms. Also since I have a Wigglytuff, this will be good to limit opponent's using of fighting moves. The ability also comes in handy sometimes. It actually plays a vital role in the team. (If you have any suggestions of a cute pokemon that can take his role then tell me!)

Wigglytuff
w: Cute Charm h: Light Clay n: Bold
EVs: 150HP 170Def 190SpD

-Light screen
-Reflect
-Wish
-Thunder Wave

C: No one uses her. It is sad, and I love Wigglytuff. Wish passing is really effective in rotation battles and my other pokemon lacks recovering moves. The screens just seem better in rotation battles since it covers your whole team and not just only one pokemon. Which comes really handy. Thunder wave is there to slow down sweepers.
Cute charm is great. Especially when you only have 4 pokemons in rotation battle and cannot switch out when a pokemon has fainted.

I'm not going to use chansey, because they are too common. But I'd might get a Clefable for fun.

Whimsicott
w: Prankster h: Sitrus berry n:Calm
EVs: 104HP 150Def 250SpD

-Taunt
-Tail Wind
-Leech seed
-Substitute

C: This little guy is also a very important pokemon in my team. If this team gets taunted, it will be over (almost). So having taunt here will maybe save me from the disaster. But the Thundurus with prankster is kind of a threat to me if it has taunt. =(
Sub is usually used for scouting. And Leech seed when the screens are up is good when I'm not under a sub. Tail wind is here just in case the opponents team have mixed speed when I can't pull off a trick room.

Ampharos
w: Static h: Rocky helmet n:Bold
EVs: 255HP 25SpD

-Cotton Guard
-Discharge
-Heal Bell
-Thunder Wave (Replace with toxic? But then, they can just rotate out)

C: I see many fighting types out there. So if Wiggly can't make it then Ampharos can cover up for her. Plus he has heal bell, which is totally awesome. Only problem that without Wiggly, my screens are gone and there wont be any healing sources except for leech seed. Quick claw is good because if lucky, I can pull out a cotton guard before the faster pokemon can attack. Can also make use of static after a couple of cotton guards. =)
Not sure if I should remove T-wave. Because Wiggly and Ampharos are usually never in the same match.

I'm not too happy with the item it is using. Since I can only have one item of each kind. Both quick claw and leftovers are taken. Rocky helmet would be an option, but you can never know when they rotate into an SpA pokemon. =/

Azumarill
w: Huge Power h: Quick Claw n:Adamant
EVs: 255HP 255Atk
-Aqua jet
-Ice Punch
-Aqua tail
-Brickbreak

C: This is my fav pokemon. It is pretty bulky while having good bulk. Brickbreak to counter chanseys. (After them getting burned and maybe leech seeded) Ice punch for the army of dragon types I fight in every match in the random match up. Aquatail for it's amazing power. And aquajet, in case there are focus sashed sweepers such as cloyster.

Venomoth
w: Tinted Lens h: Black sludge n:Timid
EVs:252SpA 252Speed
-Quiver Dance
-Sludge Bomb (or Sleep powder or Psychic)
-Bug buzz
-Giga drain (For recovery)

C: This my last pokemon, I like it's abilities. But to be honest, I'd rather having something else in venomoth's place. But it's type covers pretty well. And it also resists fighting moves. Psychic moves aren't that common. Plus this is my only set up pokemon that can sweep what's left. Tinted lens makes it up for the lack of different moves in the team, so after wall stalling this might be just enough.

I would consider Masqeurain, but it has too many weaknesses. And without a fire or at least neutral move I will have no chanse against Ferrothorns which are pretty common.
I also wanted to use Flareon. But it's movepool just sux and not so very bulky as I see EQs everywhere from Garchomps and all.

Any suggestions are welcome.
I will not use any legendary pokemons. :x

Is there any other way to counter Arons, Chanseys, Ferrothorns, Fast permanent weather teams without Cofagrigus?

I need a ghost type pokemon
A pokemon that can burn
A trick room pokemon
And a haze pokemon (Psych up is better for single battles, and this is rotation)

I think you'll need to decide whether you want to make the team the best it can be, or if you just want a fun cute team. If you want to focus on cute, the best bet is to take off OU pokemon. You pretty much won't have a great OU team with a strict gimmick like that.
On Venomoth, You really should run Sleep Powder. And although it's one of my favourite pokemon, I don't think Venomoth is very cute. Butterfree can run the exact sameset though I can think, so, yeah.
I'm going to suggest cute pokemon, not pokemon that would just improve the team, because sometimes it's more fun to lose with an awesome original cute team than it is to win with the same sandstorm team as everyone else.
For a cute trick room user, there's slowbro and slowking, mew (who you should really use somewhere on this team. it's so cute, and it can fit pretty much any role you want it to), Porygon2, celebi, grumpig, jirachi, reuniclus, and a few others.
And there are cute pokemon that are very strong. you don't seem to be using any of them, other than maybe Azumarill. Things like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Victini are good examples

At this point I'm just rambling and I'm not sure if I'm making sense anymore so I'm going to stop, and possibly write more later.

You know what, sleep power is a good idea. I might remove Sludge bomb for that.
But yeah, Venomoth isn't very cute... I like Butterfree better. It is just that, Butterfree has a horrible typing and stat wise Venomoth is superior. Higher speed and special attack.

Porygon2 Cannot counter Minimize Chansey, as they are very common. Just maybe with Psych Up, but can't counter the frequently used lv 1 arons with Endeavor/Sturdy/Shell bell/Sandstorm. Or Speed boost blazikens using swords dance.

Having a ghost pokemon and haze is a must if you're going to have a chance in Random match up since there aren't much restrictions to moves and abilities as long as they are legal. And people are using them just because they can.

Mew, Celebi... are banned. Besides I don't want to use legendary pokemons because the majority use them. I want to use rarely used cute pokemons.

You know what, sleep power is a good idea. I might remove Sludge bomb for that.
But yeah, Venomoth isn't very cute... I like Butterfree better. It is just that, Butterfree has a horrible typing and stat wise Venomoth is superior. Higher speed and special attack.

Porygon2 Cannot counter Minimize Chansey, as they are very common. Just maybe with Psych Up, but can't counter the frequently used lv 1 arons with Endeavor/Sturdy/Shell bell/Sandstorm. Or Speed boost blazikens using swords dance.

Having a ghost pokemon and haze is a must if you're going to have a chance in Random match up since there aren't much restrictions to moves and abilities as long as they are legal. And people are using them just because they can.

Mew, Celebi... are banned. Besides I don't want to use legendary pokemons because the majority use them. I want to use rarely used cute pokemons.
Mew and Celebi are only banned in random matchup, so if you're playing that this should go in Other Teams. Minimize chansey. LOL evasion moves are banned. So is speed boost blaziken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)