ORAS Ubers Darkrai+Mega Mewtwo X Offensive

Is Mega Mewtwo-X+Darkrai a viable core?

• Total voters
Hey everyone! Welcome to my Ubers rmt, I've tried to make it as short as possible while keeping it informative. I'm not really one for wallowing around too much here, so let's get into it!

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Precipice Blades

Alright, here's the lead. Bog-standard set here, Rocks P-don is here to set up rocks, then to annoy the opponent by roaring for a turn or two. THe EVs are set up to survive an Earthquake, sometimes a Precipice Blades, from opponent's Groudon leads. Lava Plume also has a reasonably high chance of burn, enough to comfortably deal with Extreme-Speed Arceus builds.

Genesect @ Assault Vest
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpDef / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Blaze Kick
- Extreme Speed

Here is one of my favourite sets to use, ever. Genesect here isn't used an awful lot in Ubers, but it has one shining quality that has warranted it's use in my eyes-a near 100% ability to switch into Geoxern and OHKO it. Standard Geoxern sets consist of Moonblast and Thunder, some going over to Focus Blast. With the EVs and the Assault Vest, Genesect can always survive these, and respond with a 1.5x power Iron Head to OHKO. After executing a Geoxern KO, Genesect serves as a general U-turn momentum mon, serving as basic coverage and cannon fodder.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon

No-body likes Kelfki, not even me. The only reason it's here is because I know how annoying it is to face. Klefki can effectively cripple big threats to my team, such as Darkrai and Geoxern, if one gets through Genesect. Flash Cannon is only on the build to combat Taunt. In summary nothing special here, just a hazard-setter with the potential to upset offensive threats.

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

THis guy is a monster. With massive attack, massive speed and a multitude of resistances, with the right opportunity, this guy can sweep entire teams. Taunt can force out the only threats to this set, like Lugia. Ice Punch provides coverage against the multitudes of Dragons in the meta, taking down threats like Mega-Mence. I've paired this guy up with mons like Pdon to deal with Klefki, and since no set-up is required here, I can switch out Mewtwo without stressing on lost set-up.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Darkrai is a massive threat to so many teams in the current meta. It essentially forces an opponent to fodder one of their mons if they aren't ready for this, providing a free turn of set-up, which then provides the opportunity to sweep. Dark Pulse is the natural STAB move, whereas Sludge Bomb provides a super-effective Fairy coverage. The Evs provide maximum potential for a sweep, giving speed and Special Attack.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Geomancy
- HP Fire

Finally, Geoxern. It's easy to set up, and even though the meta is well prepared for it, it can still storm a team that's half-way through a battle and has possibly lost their counters. Moonblast is compulsory STAb. Thunder may OHKO Ho-Oh and hits Pogre hard, with 100% accuracy. HP Fire is the only unusual move here. As previously pointed out, Genesect is one of the most viable checks to Geoxern, and HP Fire is the only reliable way to deal with it.

Well, that's the team!

THREATLIST:
So far, I've only picked up a few threats.

Klefki-This thing can cripple my Geoxern, my Darkrai and my Mewtwo. My only counter to it is Pdon, which I tend to fodder early in the game. Help here is much needed.
Ho-Oh-A bit less of a problem, but if my opponent can take down the rocks that I put up, Ho-Oh makes a lot of trouble. I experimented with Pogre, but that doesn't really go too well with my team.

Thanks for reading!
Feedback is much appreciated!

Hi TheHungrySage ! I promised you I will rate your team so here I am. I like your Darkrai + Mewtwo X + Klefki core. It's totally valid so I'm not gonna touch this core on your team. Now, into the rate!

Your team suffers from many issues I will list here:

1) Ho-oh(lethal if paired with a cleric): comes in on Klefki and Genesect without any risk and kills something. Your other pokemons don't have a way to OHKO it either, specially with your move-pool choices.
2) Offensive Primal Groudon and offensive Arceus Ground: You have no flying type Pokemon or Pokemon with Levitate which makes you very vulnerable to Ground moves. Everytime Primal Groudon or Arceus Ground comes in on Klefki or Genesect for example, something will die. They could also set up and sweep your whole team depending on their sets.
3) Extreme Killer Arceus: Your only check is a defensive Primal Groudon which is not enough at all, specially that a dangerous sweeper with the bulk of Extreme Killer can easily find at least one opportunity to set up during a game.
4) Primal Kyogre: Primal Groudon is not enough alone, since if Primal Kyogre switches in on it something on your team will die.

What you did Wrong:

1) Using both Genesect and Klefki which is redundant.
2) Making a team without a Pokemon immune to Ground in a tier where Ground Moves are everywhere.
3) Over-relying on Primal Groudon to check lots of top tier threats which causes it to get overloaded.

What to keep and what to Fix:

1) Darkrai and Klefki are great. Keep them as they is.
2) Stone Edge>Ice Punch: Ice punch is excellent but your team needs a Rock move for Ho-oh. Stone Edge still does a fair amount of damage to Latis and can OHKO Rayquaza.
3) Keep your Groudon as is. You need Lava Plume to have a chance to set up Stealth Rock vs Stall.
4) Arceus Water>Genesect: The Kyogre soft check, Primal Groudon Check, Offensive Arceus Ground Counter, and the Ho-oh check your team absolutely needs.
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

5) You don't really need Xerneas here since Klefki checks Yveltal pretty well and Darkrai is decent vs Calm Mind Arceus Forms. However, you absolutely need a check to Swords Dance Primal Groudon, a stall breaker as well as a strong Priority user. I advice to use Dragon Dance Rayquaza>Xerneas.
Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Dance

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi TheHungrySage ! I promised you I will rate your team so here I am. I like your Darkrai + Mewtwo X + Klefki core. It's totally valid so I'm not gonna touch this core on your team. Now, into the rate!

Your team suffers from many issues I will list here:

1) Ho-oh(lethal if paired with a cleric): comes in on Klefki and Genesect without any risk and kills something. Your other pokemons don't have a way to OHKO it either, specially with your move-pool choices.
2) Offensive Primal Groudon and offensive Arceus Ground: You have no flying type Pokemon or Pokemon with Levitate which makes you very vulnerable to Ground moves. Everytime Primal Groudon or Arceus Ground comes in on Klefki or Genesect for example, something will die. They could also set up and sweep your whole team depending on their sets.
3) Extreme Killer Arceus: Your only check is a defensive Primal Groudon which is not enough at all, specially that a dangerous sweeper with the bulk of Extreme Killer can easily find at least one opportunity to set up during a game.
4) Primal Kyogre: Primal Groudon is not enough alone, since if Primal Kyogre switches in on it something on your team will die.

What you did Wrong:

1) Using both Genesect and Klefki which is redundant.
2) Making a team without a Pokemon immune to Ground in a tier where Ground Moves are everywhere.
3) Over-relying on Primal Groudon to check lots of top tier threats which causes it to get overloaded.

What to keep and what to Fix:

1) Darkrai and Klefki are great. Keep them as they is.
2) Stone Edge>Ice Punch: Ice punch is excellent but your team needs a Rock move for Ho-oh. Stone Edge still does a fair amount of damage to Latis and can OHKO Rayquaza.
3) Keep your Groudon as is. You need Lava Plume to have a chance to set up Stealth Rock vs Stall.
4) Arceus Water>Genesect: The Kyogre soft check, Primal Groudon Check, Offensive Arceus Ground Counter, and the Ho-oh check your team absolutely needs.
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

5) You don't really need Xerneas here since Klefki checks Yveltal pretty well and Darkrai is decent vs Calm Mind Arceus Forms. However, you absolutely need a check to Swords Dance Primal Groudon, a stall breaker as well as a strong Priority user. I advice to use Dragon Dance Rayquaza>Xerneas.
Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Dance

Good luck!
Hey, thanks for the rate! Just a quick question, Does DD Mega-Salamence do a better job than DD Rayquaza?

Hey, thanks for the rate! Just a quick question, Does DD Mega-Salamence do a better job than DD Rayquaza?
You already used your Mega slot on Mewtwo-X so you can't use Mega Salamence.
Anyway, both have different advantages. Rayquaza can one Shot Primal Groudon while Mega Salamence can't. It also has a priority while Mega Salamence Doesn't. However Mega Salamence is bulkier so have longer durability and checks Physical pokemons better while also hitting really Hard too without a Life Orb unlike Rayquaza.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)