NOC Death on the Dance Floor [Game Over: X Wins]

But that’s why I find this haruno push so stupid. People are just harping on this thing that means nothing and not even trying to contextualize it in terms of haruno as a player.

But that’s why I find this haruno push so stupid. People are just harping on this thing that means nothing and not even trying to contextualize it in terms of haruno as a player.
because the wagon is filled with potatos and scum. not really surprising

look at bloodtrain trying to convince me haruno is a good vote instead of contesting me or the uto vote. it's got the vibe of "oh no, how do i convince this guy i have town intentions." absolutely so gross lmao. you can basically lock in uto and bloodtrain

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Up-To-Date Votal

dopog - 1 (Energy)
Haruno - 3 (MoodyCloud, Mega-Pokebattlerz, smogon account)
Energy - 1 (Haruno)
U-Turn Out - 3 (HeaLnDeaL, Tennyson, M2H)
Tennyson - 1 (dopog)
DawningWinds- 1 (U-Turn Out)

Bold indicates the player up for elimination. As mentioned in the ruleset, ties are determined by FIFO order. I swear the order of votes is accurate, but let me know if any errors have been made. Y'all were voting while I was tallying.

13 hours until deadline. I will try to get one last votal in at the T-2 hours or T-1 hour mark.
wut is fifo?

smogon voted after m2h vote at the time of this post.

haruno dawningwinds lock v for extremely different reasons. dawningwinds has made some level 2 insight posts that actually showed a deeper understanding of the game. haruno's significant lack of TMI shows that if they're as new as they claim to me, then they really don't know shit and have no information to press or go off of. plus their teammates would be pressuring them in scum chat to get some reads down.

m2h's tantrum about being voted for out of game reasons was fairly townie. not going to lock clear off something so insignificant, their content sucks, but the general vibe is imo town.

u turn had some posts widening the poe without much reasoning to support it. they're probably an easy wolf, plus their inactive vote nowhere near EOD with their suspicion on M2H +Moodycloud for no general reason but suspicion is garbage.

on the other hand i can split moodycloud into a separate universe with a w/v dichtonomy since they're doing practically the same thing with more finesse. only reason i can't see w/w is because moodycloud had virtually no pressure before uturn shaded them which is not a move wolf teammates make.

healndeal had some inconsistencies noted earlier by dawningwind that i appreciated.

energy can fit in the poe on the premise that nothing has stood out from them. i have to read the dogop energy dichtonomy more on my reread to pick out the names i forgot

vote U-Turn
easy wolf
you slipped town because you clearly didnt read the OP (states no daytalk) but ur reasoning for me is terrible, I lock towned moody not scumread him,and I'm accusing dawningwind of widening the PoE not advocating for the widening, if anything I'm narrowing it down by telling you who never leave PoE

inactivity isn't AI on this site and certainly isnt for me I'm just lazy

alright I've been here for a while and nothing has happened, ngl it's a bit frustrating that I'm being lynched for what I assume to mostly be because of "lurking" and low effort reads when I genuinely don't have that much interest in the game and check smogon maybe 1-2 times a day. Feel a bit bad for being lazy, currently rereading the thread and will give my legacy reads, that'll be my one high effort post for the day

MoodyCloud: Moody's playstyle matches the aggression and the proactiveness that I normally associate with his town meta. It's also worth noting that he idled out in the last game he played where he was mafia and made no attempt to interact with any players. Him asking smogon account about whether or not he was mafia is a trick that he did in White Flag Mafia (an older game) as well. I think Page 11 in particular is strong and #260 is really funny. In general I pretty much tossed Moody in the town pile on the first couple of pages and I see no reason to take him out.

Tennyson: I initially had no meta knowledge and he was a lowposter, didn't remember anything from him. On a reread, he didn’t really have any real content until page 15 which is a doozy. His read on me makes no sense because he’s clearly misinterpreting my posts. Meta on Haruno is wrong, he isn't new and has been playing for a while. In general, there's a confident tone behind his post but the general content is pretty average. Probably slightly towny. However, I actually read the rules when signing up and saw that there's no day talk, therefore I’m going to consider “plus their teammates would be pressuring them in scum chat to get some reads down” as a townslip because I'm still lazy and don't really think that I want to lynch him soon.

Mega: I think he doesn't really have an agenda in any of the posts and is reacting on the fly which is towny. In general most of his votes don't make sense and are backed with not very impressive reasoning although he thinks it's valid. Examples I wrote down are #80 and the initial response to DawningWinds post. I don't really hold that against him because he's new (not new to Smogon, but new to mafia in general, there's a difference). Should be town. Would be impressed if he was scum here.

Smogon account: I’m also lazy and love to sheep but I honestly don’t get what’s funny about m2h’s read on poke (which he sheeps in one of his opening posts). Don’t know how Dawn's joke post is scummy. #303 is a pretty strong callout logically and #309 vote makes sense and keeps up the pressure. #390 is a mindmeld. Leaning town. Also I relate with low efforting this game.

Energy: He's been tunneling dopog for the entire game. Whatever. It's probably not S/S but can be anything else, not much else to comment on. Energy has never rolled scum and honestly I would be surprised if he ever shows any sign of effort N1. In fact, he might get lynched N1 if he tries N1 because it's basically a scum claim for him considering his meta. Unfortunately that means that if he's town he'll continue doing nothing N1, and if he's scum he'll do nothing N1 to fake his town meta. So everything here is NAI. Don't bother lynching.

HealnDeal: Heal's behavior this game is a bit surprising because in the last game I played with him (Immortality Mafia) he actually spent a large chunk of time theorising about different universes and trying to consider every outcome, which didn't really end up paying off but the effort, solving, and towny mindset was clearly there. I don't think I've played a game with both him and M2H but he's uh playing way differently? Not really sure how to feel about this? Maybe it's just because it's D1? Him hesitating to throw out his reads in #307 is really iffy for me but I think in the future he'll be easier to read because I think he's actually going to try. He actually sounds a bit like hal this game which I find quite amusing.

M2H: He enters on page 4 and I wasn’t there when he posted but the entrance reads like a beetlejuice. Anime talk is meh. #206 is a weird meta on read. Working on PoE is towny, but #225 is still pretty wack and trying to vote the disco king n1 isn't uh very optimal? I don't see the smogon account moody association which is really weird? Whatever. He's not a good lynch here anyways. His content is pretty underwhelming compared to his post count but I think there are better people to lynch.

DawningWinds: The joke post is NAI considering what he said in #54 and there's no reason to think it's AI.. #111 is so me because I'm lazy but is also probably NAI. #145 is actually not a terrible post. I still think that limiting PoE is scummy and anti-town. Please note that he's not a new player, but new to smogon. There is a difference, so I don't think we can use the newbie excuse here and I'm still leaning slight scum although after rereading I don't really feel like I want to lynch him today because I found better targets.

Haruno: Hard null lol

BLOODY: #74 is opportunistic. I can’t understand what he’s saying in #285 (and in general for half his posts tbh LOL). #320 is odd because I think moody’s posts have been pretty memorable and consistent in tone and mindset. In fact, he's probably the person I remember the most it's weird how he brushes him aside. Regarding #382, I don’t think what I’ve said is “weird” really and I think you can be “weird” but not be scummy so the fact that he’s shading me is a bit strange. Think the reasoning for Moody town on #388 seems pretty lazy tbh and matches none of my reasons for why I'm reading him as town (and I think my read on Moody is fairly accurate because I've played with both town!Moody and scum!Moody before). Then he suddenly reads Moody scummy but not as much as Haruno but moody is pushing haruno and now he’s voting haruno? Lynching this is fine.

Dopog: I previously didn’t remember any posts from him and reread the thread. He opens on #112...and asks useless questions. #114 is a useless interaction, because if you read the thread there's no point in actually asking that question. #341 feels like more pointless questions, the DawningWinds quote jumping out to me particularly. Lynching him is fine and if he flips scum Energy is probably cleared so yay.

This is the longest post I've ever written on this site you're welcome

vote dopog

helps sort energy if it flips scum. haven't really looked too closely at associations yet, will not be online during DL and will self-pres to highest wagon when I go to bed (around 3 hours)

I was going to address the misrepresentation and mistakes in tennyson's first big post but I see uto beat me to it
I agree with the slip making him seem towny though that's not exactly hard to fake ? I was going to throw that slot into the lynch pool for today but now I've changed my mind

out of everyone in this game I can only really agree to a haruno and maybe dopog lynch today, I actually want to flip haruno now that people have taken sides for and against his lynch, that being said despite the resistance to his wagon if he's scum here I don't think he's the disco king and his lynch doesn't even 100% clear anyone as I expect his team to have all but given up on him with no daychat.

and I don't want to end up in a place where I'm arguing in circles with m2h over lynching tree stumps with no support I guess
maybe I'm being pocketed but that's not an issue to be solved at eod

Hey! : )

unvote

U-Turn Out : I don’t really get it, like I can see that from your perspective the questions are useless, but surely it's a jump from useless to scum. I guess you could see it as activity for activity’s sake? I suppose it reads like your vote is motivated by clearing a slot outside of yourself rather than scumhunting, which makes sense given the vote count.

Also kinda offended that you think they’re useless questions. Obviously the DawningWinds one is like just a failure to read, but I’m seeing things in each of them. e.g. I really want M2H to walk me through their read on Mega because I think there's something AI there. I’m happy to draw the link between any question and what I was getting at if prompted - I just rarely do it at the time because it can undermine the process.

votes seem completely random, what's the basis for them ?
Tennyson vote is because #79
do you just vote posts that require you to put thought into the game
was the thing that pinged me most in the thread at the time. It was very gut and obviously times have changed but that’s where I was at

Also I still don’t know if you think anyone you’ve voted is scum. But maybe that lines up with the way you're seeing the game? where your biggest scumread is playing in a way that seems unhelpful to town regardless of alignment?

Eh.

The only townish reads I have are smogon account and energy.
I still have so much like, really really null, which i guess is not bad for a D1, but it’s annoying, and I feel bad about most votes, and this has happened two games in a row, and I think the problem is definitely me hey. I’m rusty and still don’t understand the way maf works in 2020.

The vote I would be most interested in getting going:

vote Mega-Pokebattlerz

It seems like every vote they’ve made they’ve hedged which I think seems like an intuitive thing to do as newscum:
Energy's post was baseless and it feels as though he is trolling. Therefore, if we lynch him we wouldn't have as much to lose even if he does flip town.
Again, not 100% sure but UTO's general inactivity is a bit suspicious. I could be wrong though; last game I scumread TBZ and he turned out to be town.
Yeah, seems as though this is a far cry from Town!Haruno last game. Granted, last game Haruno had a PR so his change in attitude might be from rolling VT... or scum.
I also don’t buy that Haruno’s game is that different from D1 specifically in the previous game:
Maybe I'm misremembering, but last game when Haruno was Town his day 1 posts came off as cocky and confident for the most part, with stuff like "my scumreads are the best" and also this:

Now he's hardly posting and giving off a sort of apathetic vibe, not giving off any reads because he doesn't think d1 reads matter. To me this seems as if he's trying to not draw attention to himself. So again, depressed VT or scum trying to lay low.
I’m not seeing a lack of confidence (e.g calling day 1 reads bs) or any significant tonal difference in posting from Haruno even if the literal content is different. So it ends up reading like appearing like Mega’s trying to scum hunt, but them relying on wording to sub in for motivation rather than trying to access the motivation behind that. Also the use of “maybe I’m misremembering” in the context of them quoting Haruno’s posts doesn’t gel.

Despite the early stage of the game I think qualifying a vote with "if we lynch him we wouldn't have as much to lose even if he does flip town" makes it seem like the person at least thinks it's possible they want to lynch them. Doesn't mesh with the below quote
My Energy vote meant jack shit tbh, I'm just not a big fan of shitpost votes like that. I really shouldn't have voted him in the first place, I pushed TBZ for the same reason last game and he ended up flipping town. Don't want to make the same mistake twice.
and indicates they were over justifying their vote earlier.

If a Mega vote doesn’t blitz, which I get would be unlikely, of the top wagons I have a very mild preference for uto > haruno.

I won’t be around at deadline because I definitely have to sleep.

Hey! : )

unvote

U-Turn Out : I don’t really get it, like I can see that from your perspective the questions are useless, but surely it's a jump from useless to scum. I guess you could see it as activity for activity’s sake? I suppose it reads like your vote is motivated by clearing a slot outside of yourself rather than scumhunting, which makes sense given the vote count.

Also kinda offended that you think they’re useless questions. Obviously the DawningWinds one is like just a failure to read, but I’m seeing things in each of them. e.g. I really want M2H to walk me through their read on Mega because I think there's something AI there. I’m happy to draw the link between any question and what I was getting at if prompted - I just rarely do it at the time because it can undermine the process.

Tennyson vote is because #79 was the thing that pinged me most in the thread at the time. It was very gut and obviously times have changed but that’s where I was at

Also I still don’t know if you think anyone you’ve voted is scum. But maybe that lines up with the way you're seeing the game? where your biggest scumread is playing in a way that seems unhelpful to town regardless of alignment?

Eh.

The only townish reads I have are smogon account and energy.
I still have so much like, really really null, which i guess is not bad for a D1, but it’s annoying, and I feel bad about most votes, and this has happened two games in a row, and I think the problem is definitely me hey. I’m rusty and still don’t understand the way maf works in 2020.

The vote I would be most interested in getting going:

vote Mega-Pokebattlerz

It seems like every vote they’ve made they’ve hedged which I think seems like an intuitive thing to do as newscum:

I also don’t buy that Haruno’s game is that different from D1 specifically in the previous game:

I’m not seeing a lack of confidence (e.g calling day 1 reads bs) or any significant tonal difference in posting from Haruno even if the literal content is different. So it ends up reading like appearing like Mega’s trying to scum hunt, but them relying on wording to sub in for motivation rather than trying to access the motivation behind that. Also the use of “maybe I’m misremembering” in the context of them quoting Haruno’s posts doesn’t gel.

Despite the early stage of the game I think qualifying a vote with "if we lynch him we wouldn't have as much to lose even if he does flip town" makes it seem like the person at least thinks it's possible they want to lynch them. Doesn't mesh with the below quote

and indicates they were over justifying their vote earlier.

If a Mega vote doesn’t blitz, which I get would be unlikely, of the top wagons I have a very mild preference for uto > haruno.

I won’t be around at deadline because I definitely have to sleep.
your case against mega is noted but could you please do the same for uto/haruno seeing as they're probably the ones you'll have to choose between ? you kind of seem disinterested in finding out whether one of those is correct with the time you're devoting to mega who is a consensus town read while the other two come across as an afterthought in your view of the game

other short shots
  • I think HeaLnDeaL needs to be pressured to commit to stances D2
  • The way that DawningWinds in #368 read Tennyson’s post about input reads town to me. Would be hard to pull off the sincerity of that as scum.
  • I think Tennyson’s leaning into their bloody rain read looks pretty good too and definitely alleviated early gut suspicions. They thought Bloody’s original posting was bad, and then jumped further on it the next time Bloody posted.

MoodyCloud: fair that you want me to take a stance here. It's a funny spot because we're comparing anti-town but not necessarily scummy play with someone who I'm null on. I think I'm prone to given single-liner play styles a free pass on D1 because I think my capacity to read them accurately will improve as the game goes on more than others, which is probably why UTO > haruno. I'll re-read UTO's reads and give you something but I gotta go after that. But can you tell me how confident you are that Haruno is scum? It suppose to me it just feels like your angle is very pragmatic-driven?

wut is fifo?

smogon voted after m2h vote at the time of this post.
First In, First Out. The wagons are ordered and determined by the time of the first vote placed on them. Since Haruno's wagon existed before U-Turn's, Haruno is under lynch threat.

I chose this method for tie breaking because I have personal experience playing under it and find it makes you think more about your vote and how you shift it.

the text for uto's read on healndeal would imply they think healndeal is at least somewhat scummy which doesn't match up with their final call (null)

I think largely uto's reads other than his town pile seem like least ideal lynch (energy) to most ideal lynch (dopog) rather than literal least scummy to most scummy. I'm finding it hard to make a call on that given my level of drowsiness - but I think that reads slightly scummy.

i also can see their legitimate frustration as coming from either alignment

like i guess i don't see enough to call either of them scum and that's what is tough for me - maybe that's just D1 as much as I want to think otherwise

Updated Votal

dopog - 1 (Energy)
Haruno - 5 (MoodyCloud, Mega-Pokebattlerz, smogon account, BLOODYRAIN10001, U-Turn Out)
Energy - 1 (Haruno)
U-Turn Out - 3 (HeaLnDeaL, Tennyson, M2H)
Mega-Pokebattlerz- 1 (dopog)

Bold indicates the player up for elimination. As mentioned in the ruleset, ties are determined by FIFO order. See post #422 for an explanation of FIFO order. Ping me if you notice any mistakes in the tally.

2 hours until deadline. From now until deadline, votals will only be taken by ping request.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)