NOC Deathnote NOC Mafia - GAME OVER, Postgame in #714

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh was lynched. He was Merlin

You approach the body, and see that a card has been removed from his pack of Trumps. Somewhere, a voice cries out "Dad, no!", but it's too late. Time slows and you feel helpless as the scene changes around you. You can see Ghostwheel struggle and know that this will pass, but for now, you are vulnerable.

It is now the Ghostwheel phase. Night 2 will begin after the mafia submit a guess for each player. This must be done within 24 hours. YOU MAY NOT POST

GAME OVER

The storms roil the reality around you, and it's a truly frightening sight. You can only just make out the deatails of Ghostwheel burning away his own Trump and sailing off into the distance like a comet.

Chaos snaps back into quiet, into the clearing you were debating in earlier. You gather your bearings and look over at your friends. The body count is truly stunning.

acidphoenix died. He was Jerome Eugene Morrow, Town Identity Exchanger
Asek died. He was Inferno Cop, Town Bodyguard
Gronkasaurus Rex died. He was R Daneel Olivaw, Town Watcher
MoodyCloud died. He was Tracer Bullet, Town Alliance Cop

The first chill fades as the second washes over you; the sun has dipped behind the horizon. As quickly as darkness overtakes the clearing, a smile overtakes King_'s face, as it becomes clear that he is Light Yagami, Mafia Deathnote

"Watch me, Anton, I've got this game all figured out. I'll solve equations with my right hand...

N1, Asek was guessed as BG so it was clear he was Identity Exchanged. Since Twin died and no one was protected, my past information is perfectly accurate.

We guessed Tracker for pancake and Mithril already, only Haruno can be Elijah Baley.

and finally since we guessed Janitor for pancake, the rest is clear

"...and write names with my left. I'll take a potato chip...and EAT IT!"

Haruno was endgamed. He was
Elijah Baley, Town Tracker
pancake was endgamed. He was T.J Christian, Town Veteran
Mithril was endgamed. He was Will Hunting, Town Janitor

King leaves with his trusty sidekick, Hitmonleet, who was Anton Chigurh, Mafia Hooker. Looking over the carnage, he remarks. "A flipped coin may not always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..."

Congratulations to the Mafia: King_, Hitmonleet, and Aura Guardian for winning Deathnote NOC Mafia!

I hope you enjoyed it, in depth postgame to follow tonight.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If Hitmonleet had been lynched would the mafia have still won? Like it seems as though even if Hitmonleet had been lynched the mafia probably would've solved properly regardless unless they weren't sure what Josh was.

In any case I thought this was an interesting concept and thus why I approved it, but I do think the town needs more misinformation roles to prevent the PoE that occurs at the end in terms of eliminating possibilities for people based on who they've been guessed as previously. Maybe a permanent role swapper or something? Idk I liked the concept but probably just needed a bit more fine-tuning.

Day 1: Blank Slate made a reference to dude, prison, die to the badass, if we get what he meant. We got it, all right, so we knew the vig (hook+kill).
We believed Josh had fully revealed his list, and not hidden one, so we got the Disguise Artist wrong, but he died to us, anyway, so yay. From what Josh said and how Asek seemed to believe me (his vote spoke a lot), we named him the BG. Percival was transparent, so we used him to confirm that Josh was Merlin.

Night 1: Guessed that Josh would be identity exchanged, as that was part of the purpose of my melt. But it was not to be. Other two guesses worked out fine. Disguise Artist targeting one of us was a godsend. We also accused acidphoenix of being the Veteran and inspected him, and found him as the Identity Exchanger, which was a real help for the Ghostwheel, though not much more than that (but it was all we needed).

Day 2: Asek pubclaiming the BG revealed a lot to us, though for a time Josh had us convinced he actually wasn't Merlin - I checked the posts, and found that Haruno was the only other candidate, so until Josh was lynched, we were gonna try that.

About this time, we went over the posts and started figuring out who might be certain roles. Josh saying watcher+tracker obvious led us to trying Gronk in that role, which... well, you see how that worked. I don't know why you switched from Hitmonleet to Josh, but I figure if Josh had gone straight to a Hitmonleet lynch, ignoring Asek - after all, he had a dead Percival RIGHT THERE who had been tunneling Hitmonleet - then the game would have been a lot more even.

Good game, everyone.

If Hitmonleet had been lynched would the mafia have still won? Like it seems as though even if Hitmonleet had been lynched the mafia probably would've solved properly regardless unless they weren't sure what Josh was.

In any case I thought this was an interesting concept and thus why I approved it, but I do think the town needs more misinformation roles to prevent the PoE that occurs at the end in terms of eliminating possibilities for people based on who they've been guessed as previously. Maybe a permanent role swapper or something? Idk I liked the concept but probably just needed a bit more fine-tuning.
Town had a very real shot at winning even after merlin had revealed himself but there were too many very crucial mistakes:
-Twin taking a ballsy 50-50 and dying night 1 for it
-Asek claiming and other roles hinting enough day 2 to undo all the ground acid had made up night 1
-Blank Slate straight up claiming vig on Day 1 so he couldn't get his accurate shot on Hitmonleet off N1 when he was hooked. In games when Merlin outs this is very important for a town win.
-Josh/King fakeclaiming shit that counterclaimers couldn't find consistent passively outing the counterclaimers.

Identity exchange actually worked wonders in undermining past guesses while that was still a mystery, it did exactly the job I expected it to. We'll never know, but yeah I think town had a real shot if they got the lynch off even after all that because acid was still up, but since the Ghostwheel guesses are no strings attached they got to kill him first

PREFACE: This is not an attempt at insulting anyone.

So, Town, what's the most you've ever lost on a coin toss?

In all honestly, I don't think we would have won, mainly because of Acid, actually. With the guessing game of who he targets, along with Moody probably realizing by then that King was Light, we probably wouldn't have been able to kill everyone off in time.

Also, I just want to say this to Josh , you played wonderfully. You were pretty on the ball, caught us early, and overall did great. I think, imho, that if you hadn't flailed and started going out and kind of accusing people willy-nilly, you had a very good shot at winning. But hey, I'm new, so I am probably missing something big here.

Also, I was surprised how many people just sort of jumped to my aid. First Josh, then Asek and Mithril. I don't know if they honestly thought I was town, or if it was simply because I was new.

Overall, I think everyone played really well, and I'll probably post a bit more on thoughts about Village and the game setup, but for now, I just want to say that.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also, I just want to say this to Josh , you played wonderfully. You were pretty on the ball, caught us early, and overall did great. I think, imho, that if you hadn't flailed and started going out and kind of accusing people willy-nilly, you had a very good shot at winning. But hey, I'm new, so I am probably missing something big here.
I appreciate this

I'm at work I'll type up a real reply in a few hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)