Defective items

Have you ever had a defective item or found a defective coin or something of that sort?
I have had multiple games that i bought, brand new, that were cracked or creased. My wii has a release defect which made it's hardware fail so now it can't read discs. i had a gameboy color that shorted out the second day i got it.

The reason i made this thread is actually because i have been hearing about the value of defective items. There is a 2008 defective dime where the buffalo is missing one leg. it goes for hundreds of thousands. Also, i think i found a defective quarter.
It is a Virginia quarter, and it has three perfectly parallel indents on the sides which are all prefectly equal in size and are smooth in shape. any idea what it could be worth?

My Guitar Hero 3 controller only strummed one way. Had to get a new one. I'm pretty sure some other stuff of mine came defective, but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

The quarter, it depends on the quality and the defect. The most valuable defect I think is double-stamped, I can't say about that quarter. An indent you can't prove was a defect and not you carving it. Could you post a picture X?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)