ORAS OU definitely not clickbait...I swear (ORAS OU RMT)

*Miia says hi!*

Welcome to my RMT! Here I will do a quick rundown on of the team and the building process. First off, quick shoutouts to m00ns and Zamrock for being a huge help in the making of this team. I'll put the rundown / building process in spoilers just in case you would like to get straight to the actual team itself and their sets, explanations, etc.

Making a return, I decided to start where I came from and making an OU team. I asked my friend m00ns on some underrated Pokemon and we came to the conclusion that the team will be made around Hawlucha. He came up with the core Hawlucha / Serperior / Bird Check.

Starting with these two Pokemon, and a bird check to fill this core, we had options such as Garchomp, Landorus-Therian, Hippowdon*, etc. I didn't go with any of the bulky ground type for the follow reasons;

• The common bird checks aforementioned were all weak to Ice, which would have made me very Ice, and I didn't want to stack a lot of Fire or Steel types since I knew I would end up with some sort of Dragon type by the end of this team.
  • *Hippowdon: Although Hippowdon may have seemed like a good approach, Hippowdon loses a lot of momentum on teams and I wanted to take a more offensive approach on this team since offensive teams thrives at the moment. (Fuck Shedinja teams.)
  • The other Pokemon are still usable. Garchomp and Landorus-T for an offensive approach and Hippowdon can be used for a more Balanced approach.
In this spot, I was looking for a bird check and provides good momentum for the team. I chose Manectric which does exactly that, provides a speedy Volt Switch which can turn the tides of an entire match with the proper predictions. Intimidate and its electric typing helps me out with Offensive flying Pokemon such as Talonflame, Staraptor, and Mega Pinsir.

Here, I added Landorus-Therian and Jirachi. I know it contradicts about what I said in adding more Ice weakness but Landorus-T provided another Ice weakness but Landorus-T provided so many defensive pivot options for me, I couldn't pass it up. I was able to add another Clefable check and was able to get my Stealth Rock setter as well. I added Jirachi to cope with the Ice weakness, and it pivots well between M-Manectric, and Landorus-T.

Lastly, at first I was going to add a defogger but after a lot of talking with m00ns, I skipped over it as hazards wasn't that much of a threat to the team. I added Latios as it provided wall breaking capabilities and had good synergy with the rest of the team offensively.

This was the first finished product with the team. It's still viable but gets completely destroyed by rain offense. After finding that Kingdra can literally 6-0 my entire team, I went on to replace Serperior with Whimisicott. It provides nice utility with its moveset and is a decent check to Kingdra. I know picking something like Whimsicott may be a little match reliant, but Whimsicott also helps with popular Pokemon such has Garchomp.

This is the finished product and the version of the team I am currently using. Onto the good stuff!

Hawlucha @

Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance

The star of the team. As offensive teams thrive at the moment, Hawlucha becomes a huge threat as it is able to demolish its squishy targets. The EVs are standard, giving Hawlucha a HP number that is divisible by four, meaning Substitute can be used twice and the Sitrus Berry will be consumed for Unburden to active other than three times to use Substitute. Jolly Nature lets it outspeed threats such as Lati@s, Keldeo, Terrakion (rip), and Raikou before it gets its boost from Unburden after consuming its Sitrus Berry. High Jump Kick and Acrobatics are its main STAB moves, and destroy almost the entire tier if it can get a Swords Dance boost behind it. Substitute blocks slow status moves, such as Thunder Wave (Ferrothorn, Slowbro, etc.), Toxic (List too long), and Will-o-Wisp (M-Sableye, Rotom-Wash, etc.)

Manectric @

Ability: Lightning Rod -> Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Speed
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def*
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat / Flamethrower

*IVs are for Hidden Power Ice. For HP Grass, (30 Atk / 30 SAtk)

Manectric-Mega, a Pokemon I'd never thought I'd be using recently. Upon release I always Mega-Manectric would be very lackluster but it became one of my favorite Mega Pokemon to use. It's extremely fast, and hits fairly hard for not being able to hold an item normal Manectric would hold, Life Orb or Choice Specs. Thunderbolt and Volt Switch serves as its main STAB moves, Volt Switch being able to gain momentum if played properly and once the team gets going, it gets difficult to stop. Manectric-Mega goes well with Landorus-Therian for a double Intimidate core. Hidden Power Ice is preferred to hit Landorus-Therian, Garchomp, Hippowdon (lol), but Hidden Power Grass can be used (Not recommended) if you feel comfortable with some grass coverage due to the lack of Grass STAB on Whimsicott. Overheat OHKOs Excadrill, Mega Metagross, and Ferrothorn. Flamethrower if you are one of those accuracy over power freaks, but you do miss out on some extremely important OHKOs.

Jirachi @

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish / Zen Headbutt

Jirachi is a very good Pokemon at the moment. Having a nice typing, and good stats across the boards, it's capable of running an effective Choice Scarf set. Iron Head is its main STAB and due to Jirachi reaching a astounding, 492 Speed, getting Iron Head off first in the turn gives you 60% chance to flinch which can win games on its own. U-turn gives the team momentum as they switch-in something like Heatran and you U-turn out. Fire Punch is a good coverage move, hitting Scizor, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, M-Metagross, etc. Jirachi is taking on more of the Offensive support role on the team so running Healing Wish allows Hawlucha survivability or any other Pokemon that may serve as my win condition in that specific matchup. Zed Headbutt can be used if you find yourself never needing to use Healing Wish. Zen Headbutt allows you to hit Keldeo which otherwise may force you to switch out if you don't want to go balls deep and flinch Keldeo to death.

Landorus-Therian @

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Speed
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / U-turn
- Stone Edge

Landorus-Therian is probably the most consistent Pokemon in the entire game, being relevant no matter what meta changes we may have. Landorus-Therian serves as the team's Lopunny check and gives the team another Clefable check. The spread gets Landorus as tanky as possible while getting to 264 Speed which outspeeds base 70s by 2 with a +Speed nature. Landorus holds arguably the best move in the game Stealth Rock, and Earthquake serving as its main STAB move and hits hard even with the lack of EVs in Attack due to Swords Dance. If you want to have a VolTurn core between Manec and Landorus-T, it's an option over Swords Dance. Stone Edge is coverage for flying types such as Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, etc.

Latios @

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Speed
IVs: 29 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

When I added Latios, I was first going to use a defogger but then decided that hazards weren't that much of a threat to the team and went on to use something that would help me break teams like Balance, and Stall. I added Calm Mind Latios for its wallbreaking capabilities and hitting extremely hard on anything that may try to come in on it. Draco Meteor and Psyshock serving as its STAB moves, you get the deal. Latios comes in and hits whatever it wants and recovers anything done.

Whimsicott @

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SDef
Calm Nature
- Moonblast / Giga Drain
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Stun Spore

This spot once belonged to Serperior but after a few experiences with Kingdra, I needed some sort of Pokemon that isn't exactly full out offensive but just stop it in tracks. It wasn't only Kingdra, almost any Pokemon that was faster than the team was annoying to deal with. I added Whimsicott for his Offensive Utility in locking in Pokemon like Garchomp / Hippowdon / Azelf (Stealth Rock) etc. or any other Pokemon that would try to serve its purpose on the opposing team from doing so. U-turn allowed it to maintain the momentum of the team and Stun Spore's paralysis helped with Pokemon that looks to revenge kill or in general, outspeed and either put a huge dent or OHKO the Pokemon. Moonblast is what I currently use to allow Whimsicott to 1v1 TankChomp after preventing it from getting Stealth Rock up and allows me to hit other Dragon types for Super-Effective damage instead of relying on Latios for it. Giga Drain is an option if you feel more comfortable putting more damage onto ground types and gaining HP back and not just relying on your Leftovers for recovery.

**For those who would like to try out Serperior!

Serperior @
or

Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt (Miracle Seed) / Synthesis (Life Orb)
- Dragon Pulse

The core first started with this Pokemon, its late game sweeping capabilities worked well with Hawlucha serving as a duo threat. Leaf Storm and Contrary is standard and nothing else should be used, and Hidden Power Fire gave Serperior coverage to hit Scizor and Ferrothorn. Dragon Pulse letting it it hit Lati@s and M-Charizard X. Taunt or Synthesis are both good against teams like Stall. Taunt is self explanatory and goes well with Miracle Seed since Serperior wouldn't have any recovery at all which means Stall team can ware it down faster. Synthesis / Life Orb allows Serperior to hit as much damage possible and can heal off any recoil damage done.

Offensive Pokemon that hits hard whilst outspeeding

On paper, Swords Dance
may seem like a threat. I haven't had much experience against it yet. If there's any other potential threats, don't hesitate to make your suggestion and it might just get added to the list.

This concludes the RMT, I hope you enjoyed and leave a rate or your opinions in the future posts. I'll leave the importable below and once again, big shoutouts to
m00ns and Zamrock for being a huge help with this team.

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- U-turn
- Taunt

Last edited:
Hi. I remember seeing your previous RMT before I even joined Smogon, it was a very good read, thought you had quit. It's nice to see you didn't :)

I'm not really seeing the point behind Whimsicott on your team. It compounds a weakness to Ice types like Mamoswine and Weavile, and doesn't take Hydro Pump from Kingdra very well. I thought thatAzumarill fit the slot better, taking about 50-60% from Kingdra (about the same as Whimsicott), and serving as a check to Weavile, SD Gliscor, and Kingdra. Lum Berry also allows it to serve as a check to Mega Sableye, as removing Whimsicott makes your team pretty weak to it. The priority can also be useful against offensive teams.

Azumarill @ Lum Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Power-Up-Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Lovely team ~

Hey dude, nice Voltturn team you got there. However it seems very weak to Vile (like you already said) and other very common Pokemon in OU such as Thundurus, opposing Mega-Manectric and even Heatran. I agree with yuruu that using Azumarill > Whimsi might be a good option giving you a solid Vile (and also Kingdra and Zard-X) check and a strongt priority 'mon. I think a CB set is better then lum berry here since it gives you a very hard hitter to break down bulkier balance builds. You can also try to lure in pokemon such as Hippowdon with Mega-Manectric and then just get a kill or a lot of damage with just using Waterfall and you don't seem to need Lum for Sable anyway since you got a CM Latios which can beat most Sable teams easily.

Another thing which could be helpful for your team is trying out a Yache Berry SD set over a bulky set on your Landorus-T. Yache Berry helps you to tank hits from Mega-Manectric, Ice Punch Mega-Lopunny and Thundy while SD can be very nice to boost up and weaken pokemon such as Hippowdown to later sweep with Mega-Manectric.

Another option for Rachi would be trying out Trick by the way which would help you to beat stall a bit easier.

Here are the 2 sets I mentioned above:
Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Hi. I remember seeing your previous RMT before I even joined Smogon, it was a very good read, thought you had quit. It's nice to see you didn't :)

I'm not really seeing the point behind Whimsicott on your team. It compounds a weakness to Ice types like Mamoswine and Weavile, and doesn't take Hydro Pump from Kingdra very well. I thought thatAzumarill fit the slot better, taking about 50-60% from Kingdra (about the same as Whimsicott), and serving as a check to Weavile, SD Gliscor, and Kingdra. Lum Berry also allows it to serve as a check to Mega Sableye, as removing Whimsicott makes your team pretty weak to it. The priority can also be useful against offensive teams.

Azumarill @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Power-Up-Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Lovely team ~
Thanks for your input. What I really looked into Whimsicott doing was to give me some sort of answer to other heavily offensive teams, in the case I was particularly looking at was Rain Offense. With Priority Stun Spores, lets the rest of the team handle them easier than before, instead of trying to sacrifice Pokemon by Pokemon just to get one threat down. Since I was using Whimsicott, I thought something that would help against leads would be nice so which is why I added Taunt instead of going with Encore, although that may still be an option. I really would give Azumarill a try as you do give valid points onto why it may be better for the team than Whimsicott. I would probably use a CB set as mentioned below since I find PuP sometimes very situational and very match reliant at times.

Hey dude, nice Voltturn team you got there. However it seems very weak to Vile (like you already said) and other very common Pokemon in OU such as Thundurus, opposing Mega-Manectric and even Heatran. I agree with yuruu that using Azumarill > Whimsi might be a good option giving you a solid Vile (and also Kingdra and Zard-X) check and a strongt priority 'mon. I think a CB set is better then lum berry here since it gives you a very hard hitter to break down bulkier balance builds. You can also try to lure in pokemon such as Hippowdon with Mega-Manectric and then just get a kill or a lot of damage with just using Waterfall and you don't seem to need Lum for Sable anyway since you got a CM Latios which can beat most Sable teams easily.

Another thing which could be helpful for your team is trying out a Yache Berry SD set over a bulky set on your Landorus-T. Yache Berry helps you to tank hits from Mega-Manectric, Ice Punch Mega-Lopunny and Thundy while SD can be very nice to boost up and weaken pokemon such as Hippowdown to later sweep with Mega-Manectric.

Another option for Rachi would be trying out Trick by the way which would help you to beat stall a bit easier.

Here are the 2 sets I mentioned above:
Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
^About Whimsicott for Azumarill. On a Yache Berry Landorus-T I haven't really thought of it since Landorus-T isn't all that fast to begin with to run a full offensive set with the lack of the double dance counterpart. I'll still try this and take it into consideration since Landorus-T is still my Rock setter, thanks for the input.

Yo.

I think you should run Klefki over Whimsicott. Reason being you have a large Ice-weakness, especially to Weavile and Klefki is more or less a flat out counter to it. It also provides a definite paralysis to threats without a chance of missing. The Spikes set does pretty wonderful here since you chose to not run Hazard Removal in Defog, also the Dazzling Gleam set would help your matchup against MSab if you choose to run it.
Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise

-->
Dazzling Gleam (Set)

All in all great team.
The reason I would have had Whimsicott would be to reliably switch into Kingdra if it happens to have a lack of Ice Beam. With that Whimsicott thread almost gives it a guaranteed 3HKO (around 89% chance IIRC, will edit with calc) and to do something to it. Klefki cannot switch in at all and would have me forcibly sacrifice a Pokemon just to get Klefki in healthy. I would probably pass on the Klefki set, but thanks for the considerations and your inputs. Much appreciated.

Hey man, solid looking team.

M-Manectric is a pokemon that appreciates Pursuit-trap support so that checks such as the Lati twins. The archetype that you're running, VoltTurn, is a really nice concept and you shouldn't have trouble executing this.

>
Hence I'd suggest replacing Jirachi with AV Metagross. AV Metagross is a really nice set atm that I've been using on similar builds as yours that revolve around M-Manectric. Metagross provides you with a solid Fairy-check, on par with Jirachi I'd say, and allows you to Pursuit-trap the Lati twins pretty reliably. Since the SpDef is boosted through AV, this makes you less susceptible to Fairy pokemon that run lures such as HP Fire/Earth Power, and is a decent check to pokemon like M-Lopunny, M-Manectric, Thundurus, Kyurem-B and Raikou, all of whom your team seems to get overwhelmed by atm.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Hope I helped

Hey man, solid looking team.

M-Manectric is a pokemon that appreciates Pursuit-trap support so that checks such as the Lati twins. The archetype that you're running, VoltTurn, is a really nice concept and you shouldn't have trouble executing this.

>
Hence I'd suggest replacing Jirachi with AV Metagross. AV Metagross is a really nice set atm that I've been using on similar builds as yours that revolve around M-Manectric. Metagross provides you with a solid Fairy-check, on par with Jirachi I'd say, and allows you to Pursuit-trap the Lati twins pretty reliably. Since the SpDef is boosted through AV, this makes you less susceptible to Fairy pokemon that run lures such as HP Fire/Earth Power, and is a decent check to pokemon like M-Lopunny, M-Manectric, Thundurus, Kyurem-B and Raikou, all of whom your team seems to get overwhelmed by atm.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Hope I helped
I ran some test and I actually feel a lot more comfortable with Metagross, knowing that I have something more bulky and still having an offensive presence while being able to pursuit trap threats like Lati@s aforementioned. Analytic you god, thanks for the input. I'll probably add this some time if I continue to have the success I am with it.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
omg ur alive :o

your team is mauled by weavile. hawlucha has to worry about icicle crash pre unburden, and even after it ice shard is a thing. latios hates knock off, and whimsi and lando both hate icicle crash, and if you go with metagross, you literally only have manectric to not be straight up murked by it. whimsicott is your weakest link on this team. i know you say you want it for kingdra, but rain is much less prevalent than weavile, so going with a weavile check would, in my humble opinion, benefit your team more. as such, i am inclined to agree with kidmagic that klefki over whimsicott would prove beneficial for your team.

it preserves the much-needed speed control that whimsicott provided, while also giving your team a strong weavile check. on top of this, you gain spikes, which is brutal when paired with manectric, and also works very well in tandem with sd hawlucha and cm latios. i suggest running a physically defensive spread with play rough as the offensive move to ohko weavile after lo damage. magnet rise also enables you to set up spikes on grounds like garchomp and hippo, but a cool option would be fairy lock, as once klefki has overstayed its welcome, it can trap a mon before going down, which works well with a setup sweeper like hawlucha.

i apologize that i basically regurgitated what kidmagic said in a sense, but i think you should at least try klefki out, at least with the set i provided you. another minor change that i think would help your team would be yache berry over lefties on lando. electrics really give your team trouble, and being able to tank an hp ice and retaliate with an earthquake is not only unexpected, but it can also turn the tide of a match if you play it well. regardless of what you choose to do, i wish you the best of luck in your endeavors with this team.

klefki set:

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise / Fairy Lock

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)