move 2: Power Whip
move 3: Synthesis
move 4: Knock Off / Anchor Shot / Rock Slide
item: Colbur Berry / Leftovers
ability: Steelworker
nature: Adamant
evs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Dhelmise makes for a reliable spinner thanks to its ability to switch in and force out hazard setters such as Rhydon and Mudsdale. Its place in the tier is further solidified with its typing, which allows it to check threats like Alolan Raichu, Rotom-C, and Virizion. Rapid Spin allows Dhelmise to prevent its teammates from getting worn down by hazards without removing hazards on the other side of the field. Synthesis gives Dhelmise access to recovery, allowing it to more reliably check opposing threats. Knock Off is a great option for Dhelmise to hit Fire-types such as Charizard as they switch in, removing their Heavy-Duty Boots. Anchor Shot, made more powerful by Dhelmise's ability, hits Grass-types, notably Virizion, harder while also giving Dhelmise a way to damage Drapion. However, Virizion is usually 2HKOed by Power Whip after Stealth Rock damage anyways. Rock Slide is a good option to damage opposing Fire- and Flying-types particularly OHKOing Charizard and Salazzle. However, it is much weaker than Knock Off and Anchor Shot against neutral targets. Colbur Berry is the item of choice to soften Dark-type attacks like Passimian’s and Drapion's Knock Off or Silvally-Dark's Multi-Attack. Alternatively, Leftovers can be used for an additional means of recovery. 84 Speed EVs are necessary for Dhelmise to outspeed unboosted Vileplume.

Stealth Rock setters, such as Copperajah, Duraludon, and Steelix appreciate Dhelmise’s ability to clear hazards without clearing the hazards they set. Vaporeon and Aromatisse are excellent teammates for Dhelmise, since they are able to provide Wish pass support and cleric support while taking on Fire-types and Dark-types, respectively. Dhelmise also appreciates status absorbers, so Pokemon like Snorlax make for good teammates. Since Dhelmise is vulnerable to Dark-type attacks, Fighting-types like Toxicroak and Bewear can be good partners. Silvally-Fairy can also switch in to take Dark-type attacks, especially since its item cannot be removed by Knock Off. Mudsdale checks strong physical attackers that can hit Dhelmise super effectively, such as Drapion and Braviary. Finally, Water-types like Jellicent and the aforementioned Vaporeon can handle Fire-types like Charizard and Salazzle for Dhelmise.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[ImperialGamer517, 506687]]
- Quality checked by: [[Expulso, 202058], [Mavis, 469610]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Estronic, 240732]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey ImperialGamer517 this looks pretty solid. here is my feedback, in bullet-point form:

ADD:
- Definitely mention Knock Off in moves, being able to hit Fire-types on the switch and remove their Boots is super nice. I would slash it behind both Anchor Shot and Synthesis, letting people run Spin+3 Atks or Spin+Synth+Whip+Knock.

- Explain why you are running 84 Speed EVs [to outspeed uninvested base 50s like Vileplume]

- Slash Colbur Berry as an item to take on Dark-type attacks, letting u get a surprise hit on Passimian coming in to kill you / Drapion knocking off or setting up SD / etc. you can't KO any of those mons, though, so the colbur isn't a perfect lure. thus u slash it after Lefties

- mention that its typing allows it to check Raichu-A, Rotom-Mow [although it needs to watch out for WIll-o-Wisp], and Virizion, all of which are big threats right now.

- mention Silv-Fairy as a partner to take Knock Offs for Dhelmise

- mention Mudsdale as a partner to take on Drapion, which comes in pretty freely and beats Dhelmise (although Anchor Shot does a decent amount of damage)

- mention of anchor shot's trapping ability

REMOVE:
- Rest doesn't need a mention, it gets Synthesis and you'd never give that up for rest. [lum has a decent niche, imo, since it gets crippled by burn a lot, but i dont think we'll mention that in analysis -- keep it for now if you feel strongly about it, though]

do all of this then tag me so I can look it over before giving you QC 1/2.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
ok, thanks, ImperialGamer517. I'm now going to go through it all and make edits and suggestions everywhere. The content is mostly there already, so this is mostly just tuning it up.

We also changed some things about the set, adding Rock Slide and showing that we prefer Knock Off over Anchor Shot.

In the future, make sure that you:
- explain the reasoning behind moves when you mention them. What targets does move X hit? why is it preferred over move Y?
---> examples here: you don't say why Anchor Shot was preferred over Knock Off in this first draft. (we changed the order now, but notice how my edits explain to the reader why Knock Off is preferred over the other moves in the fourth slot).
- talk about everything in the set besides obvious STAB moves (like Power Whip here) and max/max EV spreads. (for example, u dont need to say something like "252 Attack EVs let Dhelmise hit hard"; that's extremely obvious and most people looking up the analysis would know that already.).

I know you have been writing a lot of analyses and I hope that these tips make you better at it. Feel free to PM me any time!

FULLY IMPLEMENT THIS. After you do that (and double check to make sure you got everything!), QC 1/2.

[SET]
name: Rapid Spin
move 1: Rapid Spin
move 3: Anchor Shot / Knock Off Synthesis
move 4: Synthesis / Knock Off Knock Off / Anchor Shot / Rock Slide
item: Leftovers / Colbur Berry

[SET COMMENTS]

Dhelmise makes for a reliable spinner thanks to its ability to switch-in and force out hazard setters such as Rhydon and Mudsdale. It also functions as a great spinblocker, allowing it to force out spinners like Claydol. [spinblocking is not important in RU; the most relevant rapid spinner is dhelmise itself, haha. mentioning 'spinblocker' as a major role in RU isn't accurate, so remove this please]. It’s place in the tier is further solidified with its typing, which allows it to check big threats like Alolan Raichu, Rotom-C, and Virizion. Rapid Spin allows Dhelmise to prevent its teammates getting worn down by hazards without removing the hazards on the other side of the field [this might get removed for being redundant / too basic info, but if you are going to describe rapid spin also describe how it is different from Defog]. Power Whip is Dhelmise’s main STAB move and hits hazard setters like Rhydon and Mudsdale, as well as getting the OHKO on Jellicent. [you don't need to mention what STAB moves do, per analysis guide, since it's pretty obvious already]. Synthesis gives Dhelmise access to recovery, allowing it to more reliably check opposing threats. [moved this before Anchor Shot since we rearranged the move order]. Knock Off is a great option for Dhelmise to cripple the Fire-types and Flying-types that would otherwise wall Dhelmise on the switch, removing their Heavy-Duty Boots. [moved this up due to new move order]. Anchor Shot, made more powerful by Dhelmise's ability, allows Dhelmise to hit Slurpuff and Silvally-Fairy for super-effective damage, while also hitting Virizion hard. hits Grass-types, notably Virizion, harder, while also giving Dhelmise a way to damage Drapion. However, Virizion is usually 2HKOd by Power Whip after Stealth Rock damage, so the extra strength of Anchor Shot is not always necessary. [don't need to mention that Steel is super effective vs Fairy. instead, talk about how the ability boosts steel-type attacks and what specific targets Anchor Shot allows you to hit]. Rock Slide is a good option to damage opposing Fire- and Flying-types; in particular, it OHKOs Charizard and Salazzle. However, it is much weaker than Knock Off or Anchor Shot against neutral targets. It also has the added benefit of trapping switch-ins. Lum Berry is an option for Dhelmise to cure burns, which can cripple Dhelmise. [decided we definitely don't want Lum; instead, clerics like Aromatisse and Vileplume will be mentioned in teammates to cure status]. Leftovers improves Dhelmise's durability and makes it more able to check opposing threats like Virizion, but another option is Colbur Berry so that Dhelmise can survive Dark-type attacks from Drapion, Passimian, and Silvally-Dark. 84 EV investment in Speed is necessary for Dhelmise to outspeed unboosted Vileplume.

Hazard stackers, such as Copperajah, Duraludon, and Steelix, appreciate Dhelmise’s ability to switch-in and force out spinners such as Claydol. use Rapid Spin instead of Defog for hazard removal, making it easier for their Stealth Rocks to stay up. [again, there is only 1 prominent spinner, dhelm; claydol is uncommon enough that I would not mention it]. If not running Synthesis, Aromatherapy support from Vaporeon and Aromatisse are necessary. [curing status =/= wish passing] Vaporeon and Aromatisse are excellent teammates for Dhelmise, since they are able to pass Wishes to it and provide cleric support while taking on Fire-types and Dark-types respectively. Dhelmise also appreciates status absorbers so that it wouldn’t have to continue using its recovery options, so Pokemon like Xatu and Snorlax make for good teammates. [moved this section after Vap / Aromatisse, since status remover > status absorber]. Since Dhelmise is vulnerable to Dark-type attacks Knock Off can come in and remove Dhelmise‘s berry, Fighting types like Toxicroak and Bewear can be good partners. [my suggested addition]. Silvally-Fairy can also switch-in to take Dark-type attacks, especially since its item cannot be removed by Knock Off. Mudsdale makes for another good partner, for it can come in and check Drapion for Dhelmise. Finally, Water-types like Inteleon, Jellicent, and the aforementioned Vaporeon can handle Fire-types like Charizard and Salazzle for Dhelmise.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Expulso, 202058]], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Mavis

Banned deucer.
check time, blue means add and red means remove
  • colbur should be the primary slash over leftovers, ease of play versus fighting types is very important.
  • "Leftovers improves Dhelmise's durability and makes it more able to check opposing threats like Virizion, but another option is Colbur Berry so that Dhelmise can survive Dark-type attacks from Drapion, Passimian, and Silvally-Dark. " can be changed something along the lines of "Colbur Berry is the item of choice to soften Dark-type attacks like Passimian and Drapion's Knock Off, or Silvally-Dark's Multi-Attack. Alternatively, Leftovers can be used for more passive recovery."
  • remove the line "If not running Synthesis, Aromatherapy support from Vaporeon and Aromatisse are necessary." Synthesis should basically always be used.
  • reword the following sentence in paragraph 2: "Mudsdale makes for another good partner, for it can come in and check some strong physical attackers that can hit Dhelmise super effectively, such as Drapion and Braviary for Dhelmise."
implement then 2/2. well done
QC-bkdrew-small.gif

amcheck
Add Remove Comments

I think there's a lot of fluff and I just did my best to take it out without changing much of the content.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Dhelmise makes for a reliable spinner thanks to its ability to switch in switch-in and force out hazard setters such as Rhydon and Mudsdale. Its place in the tier is further solidified with its typing, which allows it to check big threats like Alolan Raichu, Rotom-C, and Virizion. Rapid Spin allows Dhelmise to prevent its teammates from getting worn down by hazards without removing the hazards on the other side of the field. Synthesis gives Dhelmise access to recovery allowing it to more reliably check opposing threats. Knock Off is a great option for Dhelmise to hit Fire-types, such as Charizard, on the as they switch in, removing their Heavy-Duty Boots (This sentence makes it seem that all Fire-types run Heavy-Duty Boots. You might want to add a possible, or potentially in there). Anchor Shot, made more powerful by Dhelmise's ability, hits Grass-types, notably Virizion, harder, while also giving Dhelmise a way to damage Drapion. However, Virizion is usually 2HKOed by Power Whip after Stealth Rock damage anyways, so the extra strength of Anchor Shot is not always necessary. Rock Slide is a good option to damage opposing Fire- and Flying-types; in particular, it OHKOs Charizard and Salazzle. However, it is much weaker than Knock Off or Anchor Shot against neutral targets. Colbur Berry is the item of choice to soften Dark-type attacks like Passimian and Drapion's Knock Off, or Silvally-Dark's Multi-Attack. Alternatively, Leftovers can be used for more passive recovery. The Speed EVs are 84 EV investment in Speed is necessary for Dhelmise to outspeed an unboosted Vileplume.

Hazard stackers, such as Copperajah, Duraludon, and Steelix, appreciate Dhelmise’s ability to use Rapid Spin instead of Defog for hazard removal, making it easier for their Stealth Rocks to stay up. Vaporeon and Aromatisse are excellent teammates for Dhelmise, since they are able to pass Wishes to it and provide cleric support while taking on Fire-types and Dark-types,(AC) respectively. Dhelmise also appreciates status absorbers such as Xatu and Snorlax, so Pokemon like Xatu and Snorlax make for good teammates. Since Dhelmise is vulnerable to Dark-type attacks, Fighting-types (add hyphen) like Toxicroak and Bewear can be good partners. Silvally-Fairy can also switch-in (Remove hyphen) to take Dark-type attacks, especially since its item cannot be removed by Knock Off. Mudsdale makes for another good partner, it can come in and checks some strong physical attackers that can hit Dhelmise super effectively, such as Drapion and Braviary. Finally, Water-types like Inteleon, Jellicent, and the aforementioned Vaporeon can handle Fire-types like Charizard and Salazzle for Dhelmise.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Expulso, 202058]], [Mavis, 469610]]

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
going over amcheck, edited out things i didn't really agree with
ForgottenOnes add remove comments
me add remove comments
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Dhelmise makes for a reliable spinner thanks to its ability to switch in switch-in and force out hazard setters such as Rhydon and Mudsdale. Its place in the tier is further solidified with its typing, which allows it to check big threats like Alolan Raichu, Rotom-C, and Virizion. Rapid Spin allows Dhelmise to prevent its teammates from getting worn down by hazards without removing the hazards on the other side of the field (felt like this was still important to highlight to distinguish it from defoggers). Synthesis gives Dhelmise access to recovery, (AC) allowing it to more reliably check opposing threats. Knock Off is a great option for Dhelmise to hit Fire-types such as Charizard on the as they switch in, removing their Heavy-Duty Boots (This sentence makes it seem that all Fire-types run Heavy-Duty Boots. You might want to add a possible, or potentially in there) (i agree). Anchor Shot, made more powerful by Dhelmise's ability, hits Grass-types, notably Virizion, harder, (RC) while also giving Dhelmise a way to damage Drapion. However, Virizion is usually 2HKOed by Power Whip after Stealth Rock damage anyways, so the extra strength of Anchor Shot is not always necessary. Rock Slide is a good option to damage opposing Fire- and Flying-types; in particular, it OHKOs particularly OHKOing Charizard and Salazzle. However, it is much weaker than Knock Off or and Anchor Shot against neutral targets. Colbur Berry is the item of choice to soften Dark-type attacks like Passimian's and Drapion's Knock Off, (RC) or Silvally-Dark's Multi-Attack. Alternatively, Leftovers can be used for more passive an additional means of recovery. 84 Speed EVs are 84 EV investment in Speed is necessary for Dhelmise to outspeed unboosted Vileplume.

Hazard stackers, (RC) Stealth Rock setters (you only mention rocks instead of other hazards so i'm assuming that's the only hazard they set, if i'm wrong then ignore this change) such as Copperajah, Duraludon, and Steelix, (RC) appreciate Dhelmise’s ability to use Rapid Spin instead of Defog for hazard removal, making it easier for their Stealth Rocks to stay up clear hazards without clearing the hazards they set. Vaporeon and Aromatisse are excellent teammates for Dhelmise, since they are able to pass Wishes to it provide Wish pass support and provide cleric support while taking on Fire-types and Dark-types,(AC) respectively. Dhelmise also appreciates status absorbers, so Pokemon like Xatu and Snorlax make for good teammates. Since Dhelmise is vulnerable to Dark-type attacks, Fighting-types (add hyphen) like Toxicroak and Bewear can be good partners. Silvally-Fairy can also switch-in (Remove hyphen) to take Dark-type attacks, especially since its item cannot be removed by Knock Off. Mudsdale makes for another good partner, it can come in and checks some strong physical attackers that can hit Dhelmise super effectively, such as Drapion and Braviary. Finally, Water-types like Inteleon, Jellicent, and the aforementioned Vaporeon can handle Fire-types like Charizard and Salazzle for Dhelmise.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Expulso, 202058]], [Mavis, 469610]]
ForgottenOnes you did a decent job with this check, just be careful when trying to edit out fluff because you ended up making a lot of unnecessary subjective changes that only really lessen the potency of the writer's voice, if you have any other questions hmu on discord
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Last edited:

phantom

Banned deucer.
uploaded

be sure to double check your formatting. you added an extra bracket in the credits section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)