Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roar of Time
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Blizzard / Thunder

Controlling not just time, but also the commonplace Kyogre, Calyrex-I, and Zacian-C, Dialga stands strong as an anti-meta Restricted Pokemon in the VGC metagame. Roar of Time gives it the strongest possible Max Wyrmwind, which OHKOes Groudon, Palkia under Dynamax, and Gastrodon. Flash Cannon lets Dialga hit Fairy-types such as Grimmsnarl and gives itself and its allies Defense boosts via Max Steelspike, letting it better take on Pokemon such as Calyrex-I. Earth Power is good coverage against Steel-types such as Zacian-C. Dialga's Max Quake OHKOes Zacian-C and Incineroar and gives Special Defense boosts to better take on special attackers such as Calyrex-S. Blizzard OHKOes Landorus-T and non-Assault Vest Thundurus as Max Hailstorm, even when both are Dynamaxed. Alternatively, Thunder makes Dialga a good offensive check to Kyogre thanks to its rain making Thunder fully accurate. Life Orb turns many potential 2HKOs such as Max Wyrmwind on Gastrodon to OHKOs. This variant of Dialga likes to be paired with Whimsicott, which can provide Tailwind and Fake Tears or Helping Hand support. Dialga can struggle against sun teams and Groudon, especially if Groudon Dynamaxes, so Kyogre and Lum Berry Landorus-T make for good partners.

Last edited:

Giokio

#1 Nia simp
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:BW/Dialga:
Dialga @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Roar of Time
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Blizzard / Thunder

With the ability to control time at its will, Dialga stands strong as an anti-meta Restricted Pokemon capable of dealing with the commonplace Kyogre, Calyrex-I, and Zacian-C. Roar of Time gives it the strongest possible Max Wyrmwind, OHKOing Groudon, Gastrodon, and Dynamaxed Palkia. Flash Cannon lets Dialga hit Fairy-types such as Grimmsnarl and gives itself and its allies Defense boosts under Dynamax via Max Steelspike, letting it better take on Pokemon such as Calyrex-I. Earth Power is good coverage against Steel-types such as Zacian-C. It turns into Max Quake under Dynamax, OHKOing Zacian-C and Incineroar and gives Dialga and its allies Special Defense boosts to better take on special attackers such as Calyrex-S. Blizzard OHKOes Landorus-T and non-Assault Vest Thundurus as Max Hailstorm, both when Dynamaxed (not very clear what you want to say, both when dynamaxed may be referred to Dialga). Alternatively, Thunder makes Dialga a good offensive check to Kyogre thanks to its Drizzle making Thunder fully accurate. Life Orb turns many potential 2HKOs such as Max Wyrmwind on Gastrodon to OHKOs at the cost of lower longevity on Dialga. Dialga can struggle against sun teams and Groudon,(AC) if Groudon Dynamaxes especially if it dynamaxes, so Kyogre and Lum Berry Landorus-T make for good partners.

Good work, would like to see the partners section expanded
Edit: perfect

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

Dialga @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Roar of Time
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Blizzard / Thunder

With the ability to control time at its will, Dialga stands strong as an anti-meta Restricted Pokemon capable of dealing with the commonplace Kyogre, Calyrex-I, and Zacian-C. Controlling not just time, but also the commonplace Kyogre, Calyrex-I, and Zacian-C, Dialga stands strong as an anti-meta Restricted Pokemon. Roar of Time gives it the strongest possible Max Wyrmwind, OHKOing which OHKOes Groudon, Gastrodon, and Dynamaxed Palkia. Palkia under Dynamax, and Gastrodon. Flash Cannon lets Dialga hit Fairy-types such as Grimmsnarl and gives itself and its allies Defense boosts under Dynamax via Max Steelspike, letting it better take on Pokemon such as Calyrex-I. Earth Power is good coverage against Steel-types such as Zacian-C. It turns into Max Quake under Dynamax, OHKOing Dialga's Max Quake OHKOes Zacian-C and Incineroar and gives Dialga and its allies Special Defense boosts to better take on special attackers such as Calyrex-S. Blizzard OHKOes Landorus-T and non-Assault Vest Thundurus as Max Hailstorm, even when both the aforementioned targets are Dynamaxed. Alternatively, Thunder makes Dialga a good offensive check to Kyogre thanks to its Drizzle rain making Thunder fully accurate. Life Orb turns many potential 2HKOs such as Max Wyrmwind on Gastrodon to OHKOs at the cost of lower longevity on Dialga. This variant of Dialga likes to be paired with Whimsicott who can provide it with Whimsicott, which can provide Tailwind and Fake Tears or Helping Hand support. Dialga can struggle against sun teams and Groudon, especially if it Dynamaxes, (AC) so Kyogre and Lum Berry Landorus-T make for good partners.

(it seems slightly counterintuitive that dialga dynamaxing makes it struggle more against sun teams. if that's true, you don't need to change anything, but i just wanna be sure you didn't mean something like "Dialga teams can struggle, especially if Dialga is the one to Dynamax")
b2.gif
1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)