UU Diancie

Darksafadao

best of the second options

[OVERVIEW]

Diancie finds its niche in the tier by making use of its useful Rock / Fairy typing to check Dragon- and Flying-types. It can take advantage of its typing, bulk, and decent offensive stats to punish Defoggers like Hydreigon and Moltres and keep Stealth Rock up. Diancie can also act as a cleric, making use of the safe turns it gets on the field to aid its partners. It can also prevent Pokemon such as Latias from setting up on it with its STAB moves or the threat of Toxic. Its typing and bulk allow Diancie to take hits such as Moltres's Supersonic Skystrike. However, its low HP, weaknesses to common types such as Water, Ground, and Steel, lack of reliable recovery, and poor Speed make it easily checked by common Pokemon in the tier like Primarina, Mamoswine, Scizor, and Cobalion. Diancie also doesn't have great offensive stats and can't threaten Steel-types efficiently, meaning it faces competition from Rock-type Stealth Rock users that aren't as passive, such as Nihilego.

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Stealth Rock / Diamond Storm
move 2: Heal Bell / Diamond Storm
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Moonblast
item: Leftovers / Normalium Z
ability: Clear Body
nature: Calm / Sassy
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock punishes other teams' switches and is vital for any competitive team, while Heal Bell, which is mainly appreciated by bulkier squads, supports Diancie's teammates as well as itself by healing status. Diancie is able to get opportunities to easily make use of both these moves against foes such as Moltres and Crobat. Diamond Storm is a Rock-type STAB attack that hits specially bulky Pokemon like Nihilego and Tentacruel hard and lets Diancie better check threatening Flying- and Fire-types such as Moltres and Rotom-H. Also, a+2 Defense boost from Diamond Storm lets Diancie better take hits from Mega Aerodactyl, Terrakion, and even Cobalion and makes it difficult to take down overall. Toxic punishes bulky switch-ins to Diancie such as Hippowdon as well as setup sweepers like Latias that neither Moonblast nor Diamond Storm punish hard enough. Toxic also allows Diancie to pressure Flying-types like Togekiss without having to worry about the PP of Diamond Storm.

Set Details
========

Diancie's spread lets it be a good special wall, dealing with Pokemon such as Mega Manectric well while also helping it wall the Pokemon it's supposed to, such as Hydreigon, Rotom-H, and Kyurem. A Calm nature enhances its special bulk, while Sassy is used when Diamond Storm is part of the set. Meanwhile, Leftovers is used to passively get health back, help Diancie fulfill its goal as a wall, and improve its longevity. Normalium Z is an option over Leftovers if there isn't a teammate already holding a Z-Crystal, allowing Heal Bell to fully restore Diancie's HP once while also healing its party of status.

Usage Tips
========

Bring Diancie in on resisted or weak hits and on Dragon- or Flying-types that it can beat, such as Hydreigon and Moltres, and use such turns to set Stealth Rock early, fire off attacks, or heal status ailments. Use Toxic when you expect bulky foes such as Hippowdon to switch in. Diancie doesn't have a reliable recovery move, so don't make reckless plays like setting Stealth Rock against foes that threaten Diancie, such as Slowbro and Amoonguss, as you can end up with a weakened and inefficient Diancie. If not running Heal Bell, watch out for status, as that cripples Diancie's longevity. Also, beware of strong wallbreakers that can come in for free on Diancie, such as Nidoking. In such scenarios, the best course of action for Diancie is usually double switching out. Don't stay in with Diancie on Pokemon that can set up and aren't really threatened by it, such as Snorlax, as Diancie gives free turns away to them. Use Heal Bell to support its partners on optimal turns, such as when faced with a Pokemon that Diancie walls. If running Normalium Z, be sure to use Z-Heal Bell before Diancie is too weak to take another hit in order to give it additional longevity. Be careful to conserve the PP of Heal Bell and Diamond Storm throughout the match.

Team Options
========

Diancie fits well on balance and bulky offense builds that value its resistances and role compression. Diancie struggles with Steel-types, as they don't really mind its STAB moves or Toxic and can even keep Stealth Rock off the field in the case of Empoleon. Because of this, Pokemon that deal with them, such as Rotom-H and Infernape, are appreciated. Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Scizor, and Cobalion appreciate Diancie's ability to take on Fire- and Flying-types, such as Chandelure and Crobat. Wallbreakers enjoy how Diancie can set Stealth Rock up to help them secure KOs. In particular, Tsareena and Moltres pair well with Diancie, as they can break bulky Ground- and Steel-types, such as Hippowdon and Mega Aggron. Ground-immune Pokemon such as Rotom-H, Moltres, and Hydreigon support Diancie, as a myriad of Ground-types can force it out, such as Nidoking and Hippowdon. They also deserve a special note for resisting Grass moves, which also threaten Diancie. Pokemon that don't like status appreciate being paired with Diancie. For example, Slowbro has good defensive synergy with Diancie due to its great physical bulk and resistances to Water and Steel, and it appreciates Diancie's resistance to Dark. Other than that, partners with Wish, such as Blissey and Alomomola, can help circumvent Diancie's lack of a reliable recovery move. Allies such as Rotom-C and Tentacruel help Diancie exert its role, removing the entry hazards that really hinder its Leftovers recovery.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Power Gem can be run over Diamond Storm due to it having more PP and punishing Defoggers such as Mantine, Togekiss, and Moltres more reliably. However, Diamond Storm is still usually preferred due to its greater damage output against Calm Mind users and specially bulky Pokemon and great secondary effect. Rock Tomb is an option to defeat Togekiss more easily, as Diancie can eventually outspeed and hit it before it can use Roost. A set with Diamond Storm and Heal Bell and without Toxic is also possible, compressing the roles of a Stealth Rock user and a cleric while not being harmless versus Flying-types and Scizor lacking Roost, although it comes with the drawback of a worse Latias and Togekiss matchup. Protect can be run to maximize Leftovers recovery as well as scout what move Pokemon with Choice items lock themselves into, such as Hydreigon, Scizor, and Krookodile. However, forgoing Toxic or Heal Bell for this isn't the common choice, as playing Diancie safely is usually enough to keep it healthy. Earth Power can be run to punish common Diancie switch-ins such as Empoleon, Nidoking, and Stakataka, but keep in mind that it lowers Diancie's utility, as Diancie has to run it over Toxic or Heal Bell. Trick Room can be run on Diancie on teams fully invested in Trick Room, as Diancie has good bulk and helps them deal with strong Dark-types like Hydreigon. However, Diancie usually does better with the listed set, as common Pokemon can stop it from setting Trick Room, such as Scizor and Mega Aggron.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Mega Aggron, Scizor, and Empoleon can threaten Diancie with their STAB attacks and usually OHKO it, with some of them being able to switch into Diancie's attacks with no big problems. Empoleon is especially troublesome, as it can switch into Diancie and remove Stealth Rock.

**Ground-types**: Ground-types like Hippowdon, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen can hit Diancie with super effective STAB moves and don't care much about Diancie's attacks. The latter two are also immune to Toxic, and they can all set entry hazards against it.

**Grass-types**: Amoonguss doesn't mind Moonblast and can take advantage of Diancie switching out to use Spore. Tsareena can threaten Diancie out with Power Whip, Rotom-C can severely damage it with Leaf Storm, and Celebi doesn't mind status and can start setting up as Diancie switches out, although none of them switch in as well.

**Water-types**: Bulky Water-types like Rest Suicune can switch into Diancie reliably and hit it hard with Scald, potentially burning it and making Diamond Storm a lot weaker. Meanwhile, offensive Water-types like Volcanion and Crawdaunt can't necessarily switch into Diancie, but they can use their offensive capabilities to force it out with their strong Water-type STAB moves.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive Pokemon such as Blissey, Amoonguss, Bronzong, and Rest Snorlax don't really mind Toxic or Diancie's offensive moves and can take advantage of it as they feel like.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Darksafadao, 3641781]]
- Quality checked by: [[Nuked, 382658], [Hilomilo, 313384], [martha, 384270]]
- Grammar checked by: [[A Cake Wearing A Hat, 388157], [Eyan, 226777]]

Last edited:

Surgeon

venice bitch
is a Contributor Alumnus
hi am check

overview

• Diancie, although it is a wall, has the capacity to be less passive than most ones in the tier, like Mantine or Hippowdon, as it has good mixed offensive stats and good STAB moves in the form of Diamond Storm and Moonblast. Such moves help it punish defoggers like Moltres and Altaria, as long as making setup Pokemon think twice before starting to set up on it, such as Latias. Diancie can also make use of Toxic to help it even be even less passive.
I feel like comparing it to other walls is unnecessary and not very relevant as far as Diancie's current place in the meta rn. I'd instead stress on the point about how it has a relatively easy time setting up Stealth Rock and keeping them on the field due to its decent offensive typing/stats, which allow it to threaten common foggers like Hydreigon and Moltres.

I'd add a point about how it faces competition from other Rock-types like Nihilego, which are usually not as powerless vs Steels and are just generally not as passive.

I'd also make another about how its prone to be worn down throughout the battle due to the lack of reliable recovery.

moves

• Heal Bell supports Diancie's teammates as well as itself, healing status on one of the opportunities Diancie can find during a match.
Also mention that it's more useful on bulkier builds without a Pokemon that can cure status.

set details

QC is probably gonna tell you to cut most of this in light of the discussion surrounding unnecessary fluff, so I'd just do it now, but leave the last point because it's actually useful info, and expand on it a little bit by saying that it should only be used if no other Pokemon on the team is already using a Z-Move of its own.

team options

• Pokemon that don't like status appreciate being paired with Diancie. One example would be Slowbro that has the bonus of having a good synergy with its physical bulk and resistances to Water and Steel while appreciating Diancie's resistance to Dark.
I wouldn't have this as the first sentence for a couple of reasons, but mostly because Heal Bell is not even the main slash. I'd just specifically mention that this only applies if Diancie is using Heal Bell, and bump this somewhere lower on the section, since it's definitely not relevant enough to be at the top. Something more general stating what kind of teams Diancie should/would generally be found at would be better (bos/balances that appreciate the role compression of a flying resist/hydrei check/rocker).

• Pokémon that can deal with Steel-types, such as Moltres, are also appreciated.
I would definitely expand a little bit more on this, since being at the bait of pretty much any Steel-type in the tier is one of the biggest issues Diancie has to face, especially considering their prevalence in this meta. Mentioning that and adding more examples like Tentacruel, Infernape, Swampert, etc would already give this a different look.

I'd add a point about Ground-immune Pokemon like Hydreigon and Rotom-H. Being able to pivot into them is essential, when stuff like Hippo, Mamo, Nido can easily force you out. Special mention to Hydreigon for also being able to sponge Grass-type attacks.

I'd also mention Wish support from Pokemon like Blissey and Alomomola, which can make up for the lack of reliable recovery.

other options

• Earth Power can be used to punish common Diancie switchins such as Empoleon, Nidoking and Stakataka, but keep in mind it lowers Diancie's utility as it has to run it over Toxic or Heal Bell.
I'd remove Earth Power, nobody really uses this (and for a good reason). Most of its targets either still beat Diancie 1v1 or simply don't take any significant damage from it.

checks and counters

**Snorlax and Blissey**: Both of them don't really mind Diancie's moves, including Toxic. Snorlax packing Rest can just start setting up Curse on it, while Blissey can attack it with Seismic Toss or set Stealth Rock up.
I'd name this 'Specially Defensive Pokemon' since that's basically what you're referring to and add stuff like Amoonguss and Bronzong to the pack.

implement w/e or wait until qc responds. looks pretty good tho, just lacking a bit in content in team options/overview imo :blobthumbsup:

Darksafadao

hi am check

overview

I feel like comparing it to other walls is unnecessary and not very relevant as far as Diancie's current place in the meta rn. I'd instead stress on the point about how it has a relatively easy time setting up Stealth Rock and keeping them on the field due to its decent offensive typing/stats, which allow it to threaten common foggers like Hydreigon and Moltres.

I'd add a point about how it faces competition from other Rock-types like Nihilego, which are usually not as powerless vs Steels and are just generally not as passive.

I'd also make another about how its prone to be worn down throughout the battle due to the lack of reliable recovery.

moves

Also mention that it's more useful on bulkier builds without a Pokemon that can cure status.

set details

QC is probably gonna tell you to cut most of this in light of the discussion surrounding unnecessary fluff, so I'd just do it now, but leave the last point because it's actually useful info, and expand on it a little bit by saying that it should only be used if no other Pokemon on the team is already using a Z-Move of its own.

team options

I wouldn't have this as the first sentence for a couple of reasons, but mostly because Heal Bell is not even the main slash. I'd just specifically mention that this only applies if Diancie is using Heal Bell, and bump this somewhere lower on the section, since it's definitely not relevant enough to be at the top. Something more general stating what kind of teams Diancie should/would generally be found at would be better (bos/balances that appreciate the role compression of a flying resist/hydrei check/rocker).

I would definitely expand a little bit more on this, since being at the bait of pretty much any Steel-type in the tier is one of the biggest issues Diancie has to face, especially considering their prevalence in this meta. Mentioning that and adding more examples like Tentacruel, Infernape, Swampert, etc would already give this a different look.

I'd add a point about Ground-immune Pokemon like Hydreigon and Rotom-H. Being able to pivot into them is essential, when stuff like Hippo, Mamo, Nido can easily force you out. Special mention to Hydreigon for also being able to sponge Grass-type attacks.

I'd also mention Wish support from Pokemon like Blissey and Alomomola, which can make up for the lack of reliable recovery.

other options

I'd remove Earth Power, nobody really uses this (and for a good reason). Most of its targets either still beat Diancie 1v1 or simply don't take any significant damage from it.

checks and counters

I'd name this 'Specially Defensive Pokemon' since that's basically what you're referring to and add stuff like Amoonguss and Bronzong to the pack.

implement w/e or wait until qc responds. looks pretty good tho, just lacking a bit in content in team options/overview imo :blobthumbsup:
Thank you, I agree with all your points, I'll just wait until QC responds so that I see what they think and make all the changes at once ^^

Darksafadao

I think Earth Power should actually be in OO because it's a cool option for teams that are weak to Empoleon and Tentacruel and don't want them to clear hazards without any punishment.
I agree with this although I believe Diamond Storm already punishes Tentacruel pretty heavily, but it can have some useful on hitting common Diancie switchins overall (like Steel-types and Nidoking). However I understand if we still decide to keep it off

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview
* Your first line is a little cluttered and could be condensed just a bit. I just say that it has a unique typing in the first sentence instead of listing off its resistances since you mention the main ones in the next sentence. The last sentence could read, "This means that Diancie is able to compress several useful roles, such as a Dragon- and Flying-type check, Stealth Rock setter, and potential cleric." or something along the lines of that, though right now it's a bit fluffy.
* Your second and third bullet points feel fairly similar to each other and could be condensed into one, especially considering you list several of the same Pokemon as examples of what Diancie can check in each. I'd merge them together with a starting sentence along the lines of "Diancie can take advantage of its typing, bulk, and decent offensive stats to punish Defoggers like Hydreigon, Mega Altaria, and Moltres and keep Stealth Rock up. It can also prevent Pokemon such as Latias from setting up on it with its STAB moves or the threat of Toxic." This more efficiently gets all of your information across while not missing out on any of the major points you try covering.
* I would say that Diancie's offensive stats aren't too great when they're unboosted instead of saying that they're poor on their own.

Set/Moves
* Move Toxic / Heal Bell to the bottom of the set so that it's in the last slot. If moves aren't slashed then it's generally better to put them above moves that are, just so that how important they are to the Pokemon in question's viability is adequately reflected. Make sure you also move your Toxic and Heal Bell lines to the bottom of the Moves section.
* Change your Mega Pidgeot example to Rotom-H, which is a currently much more relevant.

Set Details
* I'd remove the first line entirely, just since now we're working towards keeping analyses free of more straightforward information.

Usage Tips
* Elaborate a little more on how one exactly plays Diancie recklessly.
* Your third line isn't very useful to be honest, it's more or less just general information. I'd remove it unless you can find a way for it to better tie in with how exactly to use Diancie.
* Your last line on providing sweepers with free turns is a little confusing to read through, since it sort of sounds as if you're saying that Diancie can handle boosted sweepers. I'd clean it up just a bit.

Team Options
* I'd replace the Bewear example with something more relevant.
* Nidoking isn't a very good example in your line on Ground-immune Pokemon, since it can easily punish most Ground-immune targets. I'd replace that example with something like Hippowdon or Gligar.
* Rotom-Mow is referred to Rotom-C in analyses, so be sure to change that.

Other Options
* Add Earth Power here, it's viable enough for at least a mention.

Checks and Counters
* 'Scizor is also very troublesome due to being extremely common.' - I'd remove this line. How common a Pokemon is doesn't give them a specific advantage against another Pokemon, it's just their individual offensive/defensive traits that determine that.
* Nidoqueen still isn't all too relevant, so I'd find a different example. Gligar works, and it also is immune to Poison which is worth noting.
* Change the Swampert example to something more relevant.

Make sure that all of this gets implemented. 2/3 afterward.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
[OVERVIEW]

Diancie finds its niche in the tier by being a Stealth Rock setter with its unique typing. This means that Diancie is able to compress several useful roles, such as a Dragon- and Flying-type check, Stealth Rock setter, and potential cleric. Diancie can take advantage of its typing, bulk, and decent offensive stats to punish Defoggers like Hydreigon, Mega Altaria, and Moltres and keep Stealth Rock up. You talk a lot about typing here, which is a big draw to using Diancie, but it's not the only good thing. Compress these sentences about typing so the first is about its typing and what that allows it to beat and check (Dragon / Flying) and then make the point about its niche as a SR setter than can punish Defoggers (don't need to be as heavy on examples here). You should then talk about how it can act as a cleric. It can also prevent Pokemon such as Latias from setting up on it with its STAB moves or the threat of Toxic. Make sure to mention its bulk somewhere as both a positive and a negative too. Positive = it's good and ensures it can switch into some strong attacks (give examples) and Negative = not amazing and low HP especially as well as type weaknesses (which can follow this point) mean it can be overwhelmed super easily Still, Diancie doesn't have premier offensive stats and can't threaten Steel-types efficiently, suffering competition from Rock-type Stealth Rock users that aren't as passive, such as Nihilego. It also lacks a reliable recovery move, making it get too worn out to exert its role if played recklessly. However, weaknesses to Water, Ground, and Steel combined with its poor Speed make it be easily checked by common Pokemon in the tier like Primarina, Mamoswine, Scizor, and Cobalion. You can move this point up to contrast with the positives of its typing and have the two ideas be more linked together

[SET]
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Diamond Storm
move 3: Moonblast
move 4: Toxic / Heal Bell
nature: Sassy

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock punishes other teams' switches and is vital for any competitive team. Diancie can make great use of them by setting them up on Pokemon it walls, such as Moltres or Crobat. Diamond Storm is a Rock-type STAB attack that hits specially bulky Pokemon like Nihilego and Tentacruel hard and lets Diancie check threatening Flying- and Fire-types such as Moltres and Rotom-H. Diamond Storm also can also raise Diancie's Defense by two stages 50% of the time, which lets Diancie better take hits from Mega Aerodactyl, Terrakion, and even Cobalion and makes it difficult to take down overall. Specify this only really works when Diancie is already at +2 because right now you're implying you stay in on Aero/Terrak/Coba unboosted and just click it. Diamond Storm boosts vs these Pokemon is more to make revenge killing Diancie a lot more difficult, which is the only reason it could feasibly stay in on these revenge killers. As for the next move, Moonblast is Diancie's Fairy-type STAB move as it combines good base power, good number of PP's and great secondary effect in one move, helping Diancie hit Dragons hard and not just passively wall, along with being a good neutral hit in general. Cut this point because it's 100% fluff and doesn't add anything at all to the analysis. Toxic allows Diancie to punish Ground-types that could switch-in for free otherwise, such as Hippowdon and Swampert, Swampert isn't really that free because of Moonblast and the line is awkward in general. The main goal of Toxic is to pressure things (mainly switch-ins and fat stuff and CM Latias as mentioned later) more than a STAB would. It's not purely for Ground-types and saying that doesn't reflect what it aims to do. while also helps the match-up versus Calm Mind Latias, as it could be troublesome due to not Moonblast nor Diamond Storm punishing it hard enough. Toxic also helps preventing attempts from Flying-types to take advantage of Diamond Storm's few PP and use Roost until there is no more Diamond Storm's PP left. One example of a Flying-type that could do so is Togekiss. As another option, Heal Bell supports Diancie's teammates as well as itself, healing status on one of the opportunities Diancie can find during a match, being a move mainly appreciated by bulkier squads. Because this is slashed with Toxic, briefly mention when it's best to run Heal Bell over Toxic and whats more useful. You can also touch on the Z-Move. Mention in this section the possibility of dropping Stealth Rock if theres another user on the team (Hippowdon works well because sand) and Diancie is needed for both Heal Bell and Toxic.

Set Details
========

A spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD lets Diancie be a good special wall, dealing well with Pokemon such as Mega Manectric, while also helping it wall the Pokemon it's supposed to, such as Hydreigon, Rotom-H and Kyurem. You don't need to list the full spread, you can just explain why specially defensive investment is used, which is what you do here. Sassy nature enhances its special bulk while keeping its offensive stats untouched at the cost of being slower, which doesn't matter for its role. Meanwhile, Leftovers is used to passively get health back and to help Diancie fulfill its goal, granting it more longevity if Z-Heal Bell isn't being used. Don't put Z-Heal Bell here because you explain when to use it in the next line and its the second slash so secondary focus. Another item option is Normalium Z is an option over Leftovers if there isn't a teammate already holding a Z-Crystal, allowing Heal Bell to fully restore Diancie's HP once at the same time it heals the party status.

Usage Tips
========

Talk about when to bring Diancie in first -> on weak hits, on resisted hits, and on dragons/birds it can beat. Talk about prioritising setting up Stealth Rock early too, then talk about best opportunties to attack vs use Toxic vs switch out.
doesn't have a reliable recovery move, so playing it recklessly, such as setting up Stealth Rock versus foes that can significantly damage it, can end up with a weakened and inefficient Diancie. Give some examples of these foes. Make use of turns on Pokemon it walls such as Moltres to set Stealth Rock up, fire off attacks, or heal status ailments. If using Toxic over Heal Bell, watch out for status or have a cleric in your team Have a cleric in your team isn't a usage tip as that diminishes Diancie's lifespan. Also, beware of strong wallbreakers that can come in for free into Diancie, such as Nidoking. In such scenarios, the best course of action for Diancie is usually double switching out. Lastly, don't stay in with Diancie on Pokemon that can set up and aren't really threatened by it, such as Snorlax, as Diancie gives free turns away to them. Add a point about when to use Z-Heal Bell if running it because it's not the most intuitive. Talk about regular Heal Bell as well a bit more and build on the best opportunities to use it (you mention it briefly with free turns) and mention low PP and conserving it against bulkier teams.

Team Options
========

Diancie fits well on balance or bulky offense builds that value its resistances and role compression. Teammates often found in such builds would be Amoonguss, Slowbro, and Hydreigon. This list doesn't explain how these Pokemon benefit Diancie or how Diancie benefits them. This section also uses these examples later, so it can go. The main reason to specify what teams a Pokemon fits on is to make sure all the examples in the whole of team options match said playstyle. Pokemon that can deal with Steel-types, such as Moltres, Tentacruel, and Infernape are appreciated. Tentacruel really isn't a good or reliable Steel-type check at all, especially for a Pokemon that really really needs them. You can replace it with Rotom-H. Also make sure to explain the point a bit more and give examples of some Steel-types it struggles against because this is one of Diancie's worst matchups. Also, Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Scizor, and Cobalion appreciate Diancie's ability to take on Fire- and Flying-types, such as Chandelure and Crobat. Wallbreakers enjoy how Diancie can set Stealth Rock up to help them get KOs. The ones that can break bulky Ground- and Steel-types, such as Hippowdon, and Mega Aggron, have an extra synergy with Diancie, such as Tsareena, and Moltres. Ground-immune Pokemon such as Rotom-H, Moltres, and Hydreigon support Diancie as a myriad of Ground-types can force it out, such as Gligar. Gligar is one of the weaker Ground-types so it actually lives attacks and can pressure quite a bit with Moonblast, so give some examples of stronger grounds like Nidoking and other bulky ones that it has a poorer matchup against and force it out more. Such examples deserve a special note for also being able to resist Grass moves, which also threaten Diancie. Pokemon that don't like status appreciate being paired with Diancie. One example would be Slowbro that has the bonus of having a good synergy with its physical bulk and resistances to Water and Steel while appreciating Diancie's resistance to Dark. Other than that, partners with Wish support, such as Blissey and Alomomola, can help circumvent Diancie's lack of a reliable recovery move. Allies that can remove hazards help Diancie exert its role as they really hinder its Leftovers' recovery. Examples would be Rotom-C and Tentacruel. You use Moltres as an example 3 different times so try to cut it down and vary examples from point to point to give a wider outlook of the metagame.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Power Gem can be ran over Diamond Storm due to it having more PP, punishing more reliably defoggers such as Mantine, Togekiss and Moltres. Usually Diamond Storm is still preferred due to more damage output, hitting Calm Mind users and specially defensuve Pokemon in general, ti's not just boosters. It's stuff like Blissey too harder and a great side effect. Protect can be used to maximize Leftovers recovery as well as scouting what move Pokemon with choice items lock themselves into, such as Choice Specs Hydreigon and Choice Band Scizor. You can also mention Scarf Krookodile here. However, forgoing Toxic and Heal Bell for this isn't the common choice, as playing Diancie safely usually is enough to keep it healthy. Earth Power can be used to punish common Diancie switch-ins such as Empoleon, Nidoking and Stakataka, but keep in mind it lowers Diancie's utility as it has to run it over Toxic or Heal Bell. Trick Room can be ran on Diancie on teams fully invested in Trick Room, as Diancie has good bulk and helps them deal with strong Dark-types, like Hydreigon. However, Diancie usually does better at its common role as a wall, as common Pokemon can stop it, such as Scizor and Mega Aggron.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Steel-types**: Steel-types can threaten Diancie with their STABs and usually OHKO it, with some of them being able to switch into Diancie's attacks with no big problems. Examples are Mega Aggron, Scizor, and Empoleon, with the last one being specially troublesome as it can switch into Diancie and get rid of the Stealth Rock it sets up.

**Ground-types**: Ground-types can take on Diamond Storm safely and some of them can also not really mind Moonblast, while hitting back with super effective STAB attacks. Examples would be Hippowdon, Nidoqueen, and Nidoking, with the last two being able to basically wall Diancie and use that to fire off strong hits or set hazards or substitutes up.

**Grass-types**: Bulky Grass-types can take on Diancie's hits well and the not as bulky ones can hit it hard for supereffective damage. A good example would be Amoonguss, as it wouldn't mind Moonblast and could take advantage of a turn to use Spore. Another examples would be Tsareena, that can threaten Diancie out with Power Whip and Celebi that doesn't mind status and can start setting up. They don't switch in as well though so mention that.

**Water-types**: Bulky Water-types like Suicune can switch into Diancie reliably and hit it hard with Scald with also the chance of burning Diancie and making Diamond Storm a lot weaker. Meanwhile, offensive Water-types like Volcanion and Crawdaunt can't necessarily switch into Diancie, but they can use their offensive capabilities to force it out with their strong STAB Water move.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially Defensive Pokemon such as Snorlax packing Rest, Blissey, Amoonguss, and Bronzong don't really mind Diancie's moves and can take advantage of it as they feel like. Such aforementioned Pokemon are specially annoying due to also not caring about Toxic. Remove this section because Diancie's main set has Diamond Storm, which can hit some of these examples fairly hard, and it's also not actually a breaker so it doesn't really need to have a great matchup against bulkier stuff or the ability to break them.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Nuked, 382658], [Hilomilo, 313384], [<username3>, <userid3>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
QC 3/3

Last edited:

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
amgp checking
add
remove
comments

[OVERVIEW]

Diancie finds its niche in the tier by making use of its unique (change "unique" to some other adjective; Diancie's typing isn't unique (see: Carbink)) Rock/Fairy Rock / Fairy typing to check Dragon- and Flying-types. It can take advantage of its typing, bulk, and decent offensive stats to punish Defoggers like Hydreigon and Moltres and keep Stealth Rock up. Diancie can also act as a cleric, making use of the safe turns it gets on the field to aid its partners. It can also prevent Pokemon such as Latias from setting up on it with its STAB moves or the threat of Toxic. Its typing and bulk allow Diancie to take on hits such as a Moltres' Moltres's Supersonic Skystrike,.(RC, AP) however However, its low HP, the weakness to common typings, such as Water, Ground,(AC) and Steel, the lack of reliable recovery, and the poor speed Speed make it be easily checked by common Pokemon in the tier like Primarina, Mamoswine, Scizor, and Cobalion. Diancie also doesn't have premier offensive stats and can't threaten Steel-types efficiently, suffering (personally I feel this flows kinda awkwardly here; I'd probably say "meaning it suffers".) from competition from with Rock-type Stealth Rock users that aren't as passive, such as Nihilego.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock punishes other teams' switches and is vital for any competitive team. Diancie can make great use of them by setting them up easily set Stealth Rock up on Pokemon it walls, such as Moltres or and Crobat.(this is a Usage Tip (this message is approved by ACakeWearingAHat)) Heal Bell supports Diancie's teammates as well as itself,(RC) by healing status on one of the opportunities when Diancie can find has the opportunity to during a match, being a move and it is mainly appreciated by bulkier squads. Diamond Storm is a Rock-type STAB attack that hits specially bulky Pokemon like Nihilego and Tentacruel hard and lets Diancie check threatening Flying- and Fire-types such as Moltres and Rotom-H. Diamond Storm also can also raise Diancie's Defense by two stages 50% of the time,(keep this comma) as and a +2 boost lets Diancie better take hits from Mega Aerodactyl, Terrakion, and even Cobalion and makes it difficult to take down overall. Toxic punishes bulky switch-ins to Diancie such as Hippowdon as well as setup sweepers like Latias,(RC) as it could be troublesome due to not that neither Moonblast nor Diamond Storm punishing it punish hard enough ('it' was super ambiguous, and I had zero idea what it referred to. I think this change fixes that.). Toxic also allows Diancie to pressure Flying-types like Togekiss without having to worry about the PP of Diamond Storm.

Set Details
========

Diance's
Diancie's spread lets it be a good special wall, dealing well with Pokemon such as Mega Manectric,(RC) well while also helping it wall the Pokemon it's supposed to, such as Hydreigon, Rotom-H,(AC) and Kyurem. A Calm nature enhances its special bulk, while Sassy is used when Diamond Storm is part of the set. Meanwhile, Leftovers is used to passively get health back and to ,(AC) help Diancie fulfill its goal (what goal?), granting it and improve its longevity. Normalium Z is an option over Leftovers if there isn't a teammate already holding a Z-Crystal, allowing Heal Bell to fully restore Diancie's HP once at the same time it heals the while also healing its party of status.

Usage Tips
========

Bring Diancie in on resisted or weak hit hits and on Dragon- or Flying-types that it can beat,(RC) and use such turns to get Stealth Rock up early. Use Toxic when you expexct expect bulky foes such as Hippowdon to switch in. Diancie doesn't have a reliable recovery move, so don't make reckless plays like setting Stealth Rock against foes that threaten Diancie, such as Slowbro and Amoongus Amoonguss, as you can end up with a weakened and inefficient Diancie. Make use of turns on given by Pokemon it walls such as Moltres to set Stealth Rock up, fire off attacks, or heal status ailments (this entire sentence feels kinda oddly placed considering you already mention in the first sentence when to set up Stealth Rock. you could probably just expand that thought to include firing off attacks and using Heal Bell while removing this sentence entirely tbh). If using Toxic over not running (it isn't slashed with Toxic anymore) Heal Bell, watch out for status,(AC) as that diminishes cripples Diancie's lifespan longevity (lifespan implies death, which is not correct). Also, beware of strong wallbreakers that can come in for free into on Diancie, such as Nidoking. In such scenarios, the best course of action for Diancie is usually double switching out. Lastly, don't Don't stay in with Diancie on Pokemon that can set up and aren't really threatened by it, such as Snorlax, as Diancie gives free turns away to them. Use Heal Bell to support its partners on optimal turns, such as when faced with a Pokemon that Diancie walls. If running Normalium Z, be sure to use Z-Heal Bell before Diancie is too weak to take another hit in order to give it additional longevity (I don't think you GIVE something longevity, but I may be wrong.). Be careful to conserve the PP of Heal Bell and Diamond Storm throughout the match.

Team Options
========

Diancie fits well on balance or and bulky offense builds that value its resistances and role compression. Diancie struggles with Steel-types, as they don't really mind its STAB moves nor or Toxic and can even keep Stealth Rock off the field in the case of Empoleon. With Because of this, Pokemon that deal with them, such as Rotom-Heat,(RC) Rotom-H and Infernape,(AC) are appreciated. Also,(RC) Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Scizor, and Cobalion appreciate Diancie's ability to take on Fire- and Flying-types, such as Chandelure and Crobat. Wallbreakers enjoy how Diancie can set Stealth Rock up to help them get KOs. The ones that In particular, Tsareena and Moltres pair well with Diancie, as they can break bulky Ground- and Steel-types, such as Hippowdon,(RC) and Mega Aggron,(RC) have an extra synergy with Diancie, such as Tsareena, and Moltres. Ground-immune Pokemon such as Rotom-H, Moltres, and Hydreigon support Diancie,(AC) as a myriad of Ground-types can force it out, such as Nidoking and Hippowdon. Such examples They also deserve a special note for also being able to resist resisting Grass moves, which also threaten Diancie. Pokemon that don't like status appreciate being paired with Diancie. One For example would be ,(AC) Slowbro that has the bonus of having a good defensive synergy with Diancie due to its great physical bulk and resistances to Water and Steel while appreciating ,(AC) and it appreciates Diancie's resistance to Dark. Other than that, partners with Wish support, such as Blissey and Alomomola, can help circumvent Diancie's lack of a reliable recovery move. Allies such as Rotom-C and Tentacruel that can remove entry hazards help Diancie exert its role, as they really hinder its Leftovers'(remove apostrophe) recovery. Examples would be Rotom-C and Tentacruel.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Power Gem can be ran over Diamond Storm due to it having more PP,(RC) and punishing more reliably defoggers Defoggers such as Mantine, Togekiss,(AC) and Moltres more reliably. Usually However,(AC) Diamond Storm is still usually preferred due to more its greater damage output,(RC) hitting against Calm Mind users and specially bulky Pokemon harder and a great side effect. Rock Tomb can be used to defeat Togekiss more easily,(AC) as Diancie can eventually outspeed and hit them it before they it can use Roost. A set with Diamond Storm and Heal Bell with no and without Toxic is also possible, compressing the roles of a Stealth Rock user and a cleric while not being harmless versus Flying-types and Scizor lacking Roost, although it comes with the drawback of a worse Latias and Togekiss matchup. Protect can be used to maximize Leftovers recovery as well as scouting scout what move Pokemon with choice Choice items lock themselves into, such as Choice Specs Hydreigon, Choice Band Scizor, and Choice Scarf Krookodile (seems kinda unnecessary to mention that you're scouting Choice items and then giving a list of Choice item Pokemon imo. Seems implied enough to me.). However, forgoing Toxic and or Heal Bell for this isn't the common choice, as playing Diancie safely usually is usually enough to keep it healthy. Earth Power can be used to punish common Diancie switch-ins such as Empoleon, Nidoking,(AC) and Stakataka, but keep in mind it lowers Diancie's utility,(AC) as it Diancie has to run it over Toxic or Heal Bell. Trick Room can be ran on Diancie on teams fully invested in Trick Room, as Diancie has good bulk and helps them deal with strong Dark-types,(RC) like Hydreigon. However, Diancie usually does better at its common role as a wall, as common Pokemon can stop it (stop it from setting Trick Room or what?), such as Scizor and Mega Aggron.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Mega Aggron, Scizor, and Empoleon can threaten Diancie with their STABs STAB attacks and usually OHKO it, with some of them being able to switch into Diancie's attacks with no big problems. Examples are Mega Aggron, Scizor, and Empoleon, with the last one being specially especially troublesome as it Empoleon can switch into Diancie and get rid of the Stealth Rock it sets up. Empoleon is especially troublesome, as it can switch into Diancie and remove Stealth Rock.

**Ground-types**: Ground-types like Hippowdon, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen can hit Diancie with super effective STAB moves and don't care much about Diancie's attacks. The latter two are also immune to Toxic, and they can all set entry hazards against it.

**Grass-types**: Bulky Grass-types can take on Diancie's hits well,(AC) and the not as bulky offensive ones can hit it hard for supereffective super effective damage. A good example would be Amoonguss,(RC) as it wouldn't doesn't mind Moonblast and could can take advantage of a turn (what turn? Diancie switching out to a teammate?) to use Spore. Another examples would be Tsareena,(RC) that can threaten Diancie out with Power Whip,(AC) and Celebi that doesn't mind status and can start setting up as Diancie switches out (I THINK this is the idea you were trying to convey, but I'm not entirely sure), although they don't switch in as well.

**Water-types**: Bulky Water-types like Suicune (should specify Rest Suicune imo) can switch into Diancie reliably and hit it hard with Scald with also the chance of ,(AC) potentially burning Diancie it and making Diamond Storm a lot weaker. Meanwhile, offensive Water-types like Volcanion and Crawdaunt can't necessarily switch into Diancie, but they can use their offensive capabilities to force it out with their strong STAB Water move Water-type STAB moves.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially Defensive defensive Pokemon such as Snorlax packing Rest, Blissey, Amoonguss, and Bronzong,(AC) and Rest Snorlax don't really mind Toxic or Diancie's offensive moves and can take advantage of it as they feel like. Such aforementioned Pokemon are specially annoying due to also not caring about Toxic. (this sentence felt unnecessary, since you specify in the previous that Diancie's stuff doesn't bother than at all. merging them has better flow imo)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Nuked, 382658], [Hilomilo, 313384], [<martha>, <384270>]](remove the <> around martha's information)

add remove (comments)

[OVERVIEW]

Diancie finds its niche in the tier by making use of its unique Rock(add space)/(add space)Fairy typing to check Dragon- and Flying-types. It can take advantage of its typing, bulk, and decent offensive stats to punish Defoggers like Hydreigon and Moltres and keep Stealth Rock up. Diancie can also act as a cleric, making use of the safe turns it gets on the field to aid its partners. It can also prevent Pokemon such as Latias from setting up on it with its STAB moves or the threat of Toxic. Its typing and bulk allow Diancie to take on hits such as a Moltres' Supersonic Skystrike,; (RC; add SC) however, its low HP, the weakness to common typings, such as Water, Ground, (AC) and Steel, the lack of reliable recovery, and the poor Speed make it be easily checked by common Pokemon in the tier like Primarina, Mamoswine, Scizor, and Cobalion. Diancie also doesn't have premier offensive stats and can't threaten Steel-types efficiently, suffering competition from Rock-type Stealth Rock users that aren't as passive, such as Nihilego.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock punishes other teams' switches and is vital for any competitive team. Diancie can make great use of them it (Stealth Rock is singular) by setting them it up on Pokemon it walls, such as Moltres or Crobat. Heal Bell supports Diancie's teammates as well as itself, healing status on one of the opportunities Diancie can find during a match, being a move mainly appreciated by bulkier squads. Diamond Storm is a Rock-type STAB attack that hits specially bulky Pokemon like Nihilego and Tentacruel hard and lets Diancie check threatening Flying- and Fire-types such as Moltres and Rotom-H. Diamond Storm also can also raise Diancie's Defense by two stages 50% of the time, as a +2 boost lets Diancie better take hits from Mega Aerodactyl, Terrakion, and even Cobalion, (AC) making and makes it difficult to take down overall. Toxic punishes bulky switch-ins to Diancie such as Hippowdon as well as setup sweepers like Latias, as it could be troublesome due to not neither Moonblast nor Diamond Storm punishing hitting it hard enough. Toxic also allows Diancie to pressure Flying-types like Togekiss without having to worry about the PP of Diamond Storm.

Set Details
========

Diance's The given spread lets it Diancie be a good special wall, dealing well with Pokemon such as Mega Manectric, (RC) while also helping it wall the Pokemon it's supposed to, such as Hydreigon, Rotom-H, (AC) and Kyurem. A Calm nature enhances its special bulk, while Sassy is used when running Diamond Storm is part of the set. Meanwhile, Leftovers is used to passively get health back for its passive recovery and to help Diancie fulfill its goal, granting it longevity. Normalium Z is an option over Leftovers if there isn't a teammate already holding a Z-Crystal, allowing Heal Bell to fully restore Diancie's HP once at the same time it heals while simultaneously healing the party status.

Usage Tips
========

Bring Diancie in on resisted or weak hits and on Dragon- or Flying-types that it can beat, (RC) and use such turns to get Stealth Rock up early. Use Toxic when you expexct expect bulky foes such as Hippowdon to switch in. Diancie doesn't have a reliable recovery move, so don't make reckless plays like setting Stealth Rock up against foes that threaten Diancie it, such as Slowbro and Amoongus, as you can end up with a weakened and inefficient Diancie. Make use of turns on Pokemon it walls such as Moltres to set Stealth Rock up, fire off attacks, or heal status ailments. If using Toxic over Heal Bell, watch out for status as that diminishes Diancie's lifespan. Also, beware of strong wallbreakers that can come in for free into Diancie, such as Nidoking. In such scenarios, the best course of action for Diancie is usually double switching out. Lastly, don't stay in with Diancie on Pokemon that can set up and aren't really threatened by it, such as Snorlax, as Diancie gives free turns away to them. Use Heal Bell to support its partners on optimal turns, such as when faced with Pokemon that Diancie is facing a Pokemon it walls. If running Normalium Z, be sure to use Z-Heal Bell before Diancie is too weak to take another hit in order to give it additional longevity. Be careful to conserve the PP of Heal Bell and Diamond Storm throughout the match.

Team Options
========

Diancie fits well on balance or bulky offense builds that value its resistances and role compression. Diancie struggles with Steel-types, as they don't really mind its STAB moves nor Toxic and even keep Stealth Rock off the field in the case of Empoleon. With this that said, Pokemon that deal with them, such as Rotom-Heat, (RH) and Infernape, (AC) are appreciated. Also, Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Scizor, and Cobalion appreciate Diancie's ability to take on Fire- and Flying-types, such as Chandelure and Crobat. Wallbreakers enjoy how Diancie can set Stealth Rock up to help them get KOs more easily. The ones that can break bulky Ground- and Steel-types, such as Hippowdon, (RH) and Mega Aggron, have an extra synergy with Diancie, such as Tsareena, (RH) and Moltres. Ground-immune Pokemon such as Rotom-H, Moltres, and Hydreigon support Diancie as a myriad of Ground-types can force it out, such as Nidoking and Hippowdon. Such examples deserve a special note for also being able to resist Grass-type moves, which also threaten Diancie. Pokemon that don't like status appreciate being paired with Diancie. (RP)—one example would be Slowbro, (AC) which that has the bonus of having a good synergy with its physical bulk and resistances to Water and Steel while appreciating Diancie's resistance to Dark. Other than that, partners with Wish support, such as Blissey and Alomomola, can help circumvent Diancie's lack of a reliable recovery move. Allies that can remove hazards help Diancie exert its role, as they really hinder its Leftovers' recovery. Examples would be Rotom-C and Tentacruel.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Power Gem can be ran run over Diamond Storm due to it having more PP, punishing more reliably Defoggers such as Mantine, Togekiss, (AC) and Moltres., (RC) although Usually Diamond Storm is usually still preferred due to more damage output, hitting Calm Mind users and specially bulky Pokemon harder and having a great side effect. Rock Tomb can be used to defeat Togekiss more easily as Diancie can eventually outspeed and hit them it before they it uses Roost. A set with Diamond Storm and Heal Bell with no Toxic is also possible, compressing the roles of a Stealth Rock user and a cleric while not being harmless versus Flying-types and Scizor lacking Roost, with the drawback of a worse Latias and Togekiss matchup. Protect can be used to maximize Leftovers recovery as well as scouting what move Pokemon with Choice items lock themselves into, such as Choice Specs Hydreigon, Choice Band Scizor, and Choice Scarf Krookodile. However, forgoing Toxic and Heal Bell for this isn't the common choice, as playing Diancie safely usually is enough to keep it healthy. Earth Power can be used to punish common Diancie switch-ins such as Empoleon, Nidoking, (AC) and Stakataka, but keep in mind it lowers Diancie's utility as it has to run it over Toxic or Heal Bell. Trick Room can be ran run on Diancie on teams fully invested in Trick Room, as Diancie has good bulk and helps them deal with strong Dark-types, like Hydreigon. However, Diancie usually does better at its common role as a wall, as common Pokemon can stop it, such as Scizor and Mega Aggron.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Steel-types**: Steel-types can threaten Diancie with their STABs moves and usually OHKO it, with some of them being able to switch into Diancie's attacks with no big problems. Examples are Mega Aggron, Scizor, and Empoleon, with the last one being specially troublesome as it can switch into Diancie and get rid of the Stealth Rock it sets up.

**Grass-types**: Bulky Grass-types can take on Diancie's hits well and the not as bulky ones can hit it hard for super(add space)effective damage. A good example would be Amoonguss, as it wouldn't mind Moonblast and could take advantage of a turn to use Spore. Another examples example would be Tsareena, that which can threaten Diancie out with Power Whip, (AC) and Celebi, (AC) which that doesn't mind status and can start setting up, although they don't switch in as well.

**Water-types**: Bulky Water-types like Suicune can switch into Diancie reliably and hit it hard with Scald with while also having the chance of burning Diancie it and making Diamond Storm a lot weaker. Meanwhile, offensive Water-types like Volcanion and Crawdaunt can't necessarily switch into Diancie, but they can use their offensive capabilities to force it out with their strong Water-type STAB Water moves.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially Defensive Pokemon such as Snorlax packing Rest, Blissey, Amoonguss, and Bronzong don't really mind Diancie's moves and can take advantage of it as they feel like. Such aforementioned Pokemon are specially annoying due to also not caring about Toxic.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Nuked, 382658], [Hilomilo, 313384], [<martha>, <384270>]]

I was already almost finished with this when Rabia posted his check, but Cake said I could post anyway. Sorry for the inconvenience

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
rabia's colors:
add
remove
comments
my (cake's) colors are mostly similar but not at all actually

[OVERVIEW]

Diancie finds its niche in the tier by making use of its unique (change "unique" to some other adjective; Diancie's typing isn't unique (see: Carbink)) (try "useful" or something) Rock/Fairy Rock / Fairy typing to check Dragon- and Flying-types. It can take advantage of its typing, bulk, and decent offensive stats to punish Defoggers like Hydreigon and Moltres and keep Stealth Rock up. Diancie can also act as a cleric, making use of the safe turns it gets on the field to aid its partners. It can also prevent Pokemon such as Latias from setting up on it with its STAB moves or the threat of Toxic. Its typing and bulk allow Diancie to take on hits such as a Moltres' Moltres's Supersonic Skystrike,.(RC, AP) however However, its low HP, the weakness to common typings, (RC, optional but makes this less stilted) such as Water, Ground,(AC) and Steel, the lack of reliable recovery, and the poor speed Speed make it be easily checked by common Pokemon in the tier like Primarina, Mamoswine, Scizor, and Cobalion. Diancie also doesn't have premier offensive stats and can't threaten Steel-types efficiently, suffering meaning it faces competition from Rock-type Stealth Rock users that aren't as passive, such as Nihilego.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock punishes other teams' switches and is vital for any competitive team., (RP, AC) and Diancie can make great use of them by setting them up on Pokemon it walls, gets several opportunities to easily set the hazard against foes such as Moltres or and Crobat. (This restates a lot from Usage Tips and doesn't fit much in Moves as is so i'm editing the sentence to try my best to integrate it into Moves more) Heal Bell supports Diancie's teammates as well as itself,(RC) by healing status on one of the opportunities when Diancie can find has the opportunity to during a match, being a move and it is mainly appreciated by bulkier squads. Diamond Storm is a Rock-type STAB attack that hits specially bulky Pokemon like Nihilego and Tentacruel hard and lets Diancie better check threatening Flying- and Fire-types such as Moltres and Rotom-H. Diamond Storm also can also raise Diancie's Defense by two stages 50% of the time,(keep this comma) as and a +2 boost lets Diancie better take hits from Mega Aerodactyl, Terrakion, and even Cobalion and makes it difficult to take down overall. Toxic punishes bulky switch-ins to Diancie such as Hippowdon as well as setup sweepers like Latias,(RC) as it could be troublesome due to not that neither Moonblast nor Diamond Storm punishing it punish hard enough ('it' was super ambiguous, and I had zero idea what it referred to. I think this change fixes that.). Toxic also allows Diancie to pressure Flying-types like Togekiss without having to worry about the PP of Diamond Storm.

Set Details
========

Diance's Diancie's spread lets it be a good special wall, dealing well with Pokemon such as Mega Manectric,(RC) well while also helping it wall the Pokemon it's supposed to, such as Hydreigon, Rotom-H,(AC) and Kyurem. A Calm nature enhances its special bulk, while Sassy is used when Diamond Storm is part of the set. Meanwhile, Leftovers is used to passively get health back and to ,(AC) help Diancie fulfill its goal (what goal?), granting it and improve its longevity. Normalium Z is an option over Leftovers if there isn't a teammate already holding a Z-Crystal, allowing Heal Bell to fully restore Diancie's HP once at the same time it heals the while also healing its party of status.

Usage Tips
========

Bring Diancie in on resisted or weak hit hits and on Dragon- or Flying-types that it can beat, such as Hydreigon and Moltres, and use such turns to get Stealth Rock up early set Stealth Rock early, fire off attacks, or heal status ailments. Use Toxic when you expexct expect bulky foes such as Hippowdon to switch in. Diancie doesn't have a reliable recovery move, so don't make reckless plays like setting Stealth Rock against foes that threaten Diancie, such as Slowbro and Amoongus Amoonguss, as you can end up with a weakened and inefficient Diancie. Make use of turns on Pokemon it walls such as Moltres to set Stealth Rock up, fire off attacks, or heal status ailments. (this entire sentence feels kinda oddly placed considering you already mention in the first sentence when to set up Stealth Rock. you could probably just expand that thought to include firing off attacks and using Heal Bell while removing this sentence entirely tbh doing this) If using Toxic over not running (it isn't slashed with Toxic anymore) Heal Bell, watch out for status,(AC) as that diminishes cripples Diancie's lifespan longevity (lifespan implies death, which is not correct). Also, beware of strong wallbreakers that can come in for free into on Diancie, such as Nidoking. In such scenarios, the best course of action for Diancie is usually double switching out. Lastly, don't Don't stay in with Diancie on Pokemon that can set up and aren't really threatened by it, such as Snorlax, as Diancie gives free turns away to them. Use Heal Bell to support its partners on optimal turns, such as when faced with a Pokemon that Diancie walls. If running Normalium Z, be sure to use Z-Heal Bell before Diancie is too weak to take another hit in order to give it additional longevity (I don't think you GIVE something longevity, but I may be wrong. it's fine phrasing). Be careful to conserve the PP of Heal Bell and Diamond Storm throughout the match.

Team Options
========

Diancie fits well on balance or and bulky offense builds that value its resistances and role compression. Diancie struggles with Steel-types, as they don't really mind its STAB moves nor or Toxic and can even keep Stealth Rock off the field in the case of Empoleon. With Because of this, Pokemon that deal with them, such as Rotom-Heat,(RC) Rotom-H and Infernape,(AC) are appreciated. Also,(RC) Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Scizor, and Cobalion appreciate Diancie's ability to take on Fire- and Flying-types, such as Chandelure and Crobat. Wallbreakers enjoy how Diancie can set Stealth Rock up to help them get KOs. The ones that In particular, Tsareena and Moltres pair well with Diancie, as they can break bulky Ground- and Steel-types, such as Hippowdon,(RC) and Mega Aggron,(RC) have an extra synergy with Diancie, such as Tsareena, and Moltres. Ground-immune Pokemon such as Rotom-H, Moltres, and Hydreigon support Diancie,(AC) as a myriad of Ground-types can force it out, such as Nidoking and Hippowdon. Such examples They also deserve a special note for also being able to resist resisting Grass moves, which also threaten Diancie. Pokemon that don't like status appreciate being paired with Diancie. One For example would be ,(AC) Slowbro that has the bonus of having a good defensive synergy with Diancie due to its great physical bulk and resistances to Water and Steel while appreciating ,(AC) and it appreciates Diancie's resistance to Dark. Other than that, partners with Wish support, such as Blissey and Alomomola, can help circumvent Diancie's lack of a reliable recovery move. Allies such as Rotom-C and Tentacruel that can remove entry hazards help Diancie exert its role, as they really hinder its Leftovers'(remove apostrophe) recovery. Examples would be Rotom-C and Tentacruel.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Power Gem can be ran run over Diamond Storm due to it having more PP,(RC) and punishing more reliably defoggers Defoggers such as Mantine, Togekiss,(AC) and Moltres more reliably. Usually However,(AC) Diamond Storm is still usually preferred due to more its greater damage output,(RC) hitting against Calm Mind users and specially bulky Pokemon harder and a great side effect. Rock Tomb can be used to defeat Togekiss more easily,(AC) as Diancie can eventually outspeed and hit them it before they it can use Roost. A set with Diamond Storm and Heal Bell with no and without Toxic is also possible, compressing the roles of a Stealth Rock user and a cleric while not being harmless versus Flying-types and Scizor lacking Roost, although it comes with the drawback of a worse Latias and Togekiss matchup. Protect can be used to maximize Leftovers recovery as well as scouting scout what move Pokemon with choice Choice items lock themselves into, such as Choice Specs Hydreigon, Choice Band Scizor, and Choice Scarf Krookodile. (you don't really need to list the specific choice items) However, forgoing Toxic and or Heal Bell for this isn't the common choice, as playing Diancie safely usually is usually enough to keep it healthy. Earth Power can be used to punish common Diancie switch-ins such as Empoleon, Nidoking,(AC) and Stakataka, but keep in mind it lowers Diancie's utility,(AC) as it Diancie has to run it over Toxic or Heal Bell. Trick Room can be ran run on Diancie on teams fully invested in Trick Room, as Diancie has good bulk and helps them deal with strong Dark-types,(RC) like Hydreigon. However, Diancie usually does better at its common role as a wall, as common Pokemon can stop it (stop it from setting Trick Room or what?), such as Scizor and Mega Aggron.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Mega Aggron, Scizor, and Empoleon can threaten Diancie with their STABs STAB attacks and usually OHKO it, with some of them being able to switch into Diancie's attacks with no big problems. Examples are Mega Aggron, Scizor, and Empoleon, with the last one being specially especially troublesome as it Empoleon can switch into Diancie and get rid of the Stealth Rock it sets up. Empoleon is especially troublesome, as it can switch into Diancie and remove Stealth Rock.

**Grass-types**: Bulky Grass-types can take on Diancie's hits well,(AC) and the not as bulky offensive ones can hit it hard for supereffective super effective damage. A good example would be Amoonguss,(RC) as it wouldn't doesn't mind Moonblast and could can take advantage of a turn (what turn? Diancie switching out to a teammate?) to use Spore. Another examples would be Tsareena,(RC) that can threaten Diancie out with Power Whip,(AC) and Celebi that doesn't mind status and can start setting up as Diancie switches out (I THINK this is the idea you were trying to convey, but I'm not entirely sure), although they don't switch in as well.

**Water-types**: Bulky Water-types like Rest Suicune can switch into Diancie reliably and hit it hard with Scald with also the chance of ,(AC) potentially burning Diancie it and making Diamond Storm a lot weaker. Meanwhile, offensive Water-types like Volcanion and Crawdaunt can't necessarily switch into Diancie, but they can use their offensive capabilities to force it out with their strong STAB Water move Water-type STAB moves.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially Defensive defensive Pokemon such as Snorlax packing Rest, Blissey, Amoonguss, and Bronzong,(AC) and Rest Snorlax don't really mind Toxic or Diancie's offensive moves and can take advantage of it as they feel like. Such aforementioned Pokemon are specially annoying due to also not caring about Toxic. (this sentence felt unnecessary, since you specify in the previous that Diancie's stuff doesn't bother than at all. merging them has better flow imo)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Nuked, 382658], [Hilomilo, 313384], [<martha>, <384270>]](remove the <> around martha's information)
- Grammar checked by: [[A Cake Wearing A Hat, 388157], [<username2>, <userid2>]]

GP 1/2, great job Rabia & will go over Mitsuki's check on discord

Last edited:

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
GP 2/2
add / correct remove comments

[OVERVIEW]

Diancie finds its niche in the tier by making use of its useful Rock / Fairy typing to check Dragon- and Flying-types. It can take advantage of its typing, bulk, and decent offensive stats to punish Defoggers like Hydreigon and Moltres and keep Stealth Rock up. Diancie can also act as a cleric, making use of the safe turns it gets on the field to aid its partners. It can also prevent Pokemon such as Latias from setting up on it with its STAB moves or the threat of Toxic. Its typing and bulk allow Diancie to take hits such as Moltres's Supersonic Skystrike. However, its low HP, weakness to common typings types (typing isn't really interchangeable with type here) such as Water, Ground, and Steel, lack of reliable recovery, and poor Speed make it easily checked by common Pokemon in the tier like Primarina, Mamoswine, Scizor, and Cobalion. Diancie also doesn't have premier (the word premier needs something to compare it to. usually, something like "premier sweeper" means it's one the best compared to the rest of the tier) great offensive stats and can't threaten Steel-types efficiently, meaning it faces competition from Rock-type Stealth Rock users that aren't as passive, such as Nihilego.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock punishes other teams' switches and is vital for any competitive team, while Heal Bell, which is mainly appreciated by bulkier squads, supports Diancie's teammates as well as itself by healing status. (add period) and Diancie, (rc) is able to gets several opportunities to easily make use of both these moves set the hazard against foes such as Moltres and Crobat. Heal Bell supports Diancie's teammates as well as itself by healing status when Diancie has the opportunity to during a match, and it is mainly appreciated by bulkier squads. (shifted the lines a little, since I'm pretty sure there won't be different opportunities to use Stealth Rock vs using Heal Bell) Diamond Storm is a Rock-type STAB attack that hits specially bulky Pokemon like Nihilego and Tentacruel hard and lets Diancie better check threatening Flying- and Fire-types such as Moltres and Rotom-H. Diamond Storm can also raise Diancie's Defense by two stages, and a Also, a+2 Defense boost from Diamond Storm lets Diancie better take hits from Mega Aerodactyl, Terrakion, and even Cobalion and makes it difficult to take down overall. Toxic punishes bulky switch-ins to Diancie such as Hippowdon as well as setup sweepers like Latias that neither Moonblast nor Diamond Storm punish hard enough. Toxic also allows Diancie to pressure Flying-types like Togekiss without having to worry about the PP of Diamond Storm.

Set Details
========

Diancie's spread lets it be a good special wall, dealing with Pokemon such as Mega Manectric well while also helping it wall the Pokemon it's supposed to, such as Hydreigon, Rotom-H, and Kyurem. A Calm nature enhances its special bulk, while Sassy is used when Diamond Storm is part of the set. Meanwhile, Leftovers is used to passively get health back, help Diancie fulfill its goal as a wall, and improve its longevity. Normalium Z is an option over Leftovers if there isn't a teammate already holding a Z-Crystal, allowing Heal Bell to fully restore Diancie's HP once while also healing its party of status.

Usage Tips
========

Bring Diancie in on resisted or weak hits and on Dragon- or Flying-types that it can beat, such as Hydreigon and Moltres, and use such turns to set Stealth Rock early, fire off attacks, or heal status ailments. Use Toxic when you expect bulky foes such as Hippowdon to switch in. Diancie doesn't have a reliable recovery move, so don't make reckless plays like setting Stealth Rock against foes that threaten Diancie, such as Slowbro and Amoonguss, as you can end up with a weakened and inefficient Diancie. If not running Heal Bell, watch out for status, as that cripples Diancie's longevity. Also, beware of strong wallbreakers that can come in for free on Diancie, such as Nidoking. In such scenarios, the best course of action for Diancie is usually double switching out. Don't stay in with Diancie on Pokemon that can set up and aren't really threatened by it, such as Snorlax, as Diancie gives free turns away to them. Use Heal Bell to support its partners on optimal turns, such as when faced with a Pokemon that Diancie walls. If running Normalium Z, be sure to use Z-Heal Bell before Diancie is too weak to take another hit in order to give it additional longevity. Be careful to conserve the PP of Heal Bell and Diamond Storm throughout the match.

Team Options
========

Diancie fits well on balance and bulky offense builds that value its resistances and role compression. Diancie struggles with Steel-types, as they don't really mind its STAB moves or Toxic and can even keep Stealth Rock off the field in the case of Empoleon. Because of this, Pokemon that deal with them, such as Rotom-H and Infernape, are appreciated. Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Scizor, and Cobalion appreciate Diancie's ability to take on Fire- and Flying-types, such as Chandelure and Crobat. Wallbreakers enjoy how Diancie can set Stealth Rock up to help them get secure KOs. In particular, Tsareena and Moltres pair well with Diancie, as they can break bulky Ground- and Steel-types, such as Hippowdon and Mega Aggron. Ground-immune Pokemon such as Rotom-H, Moltres, and Hydreigon support Diancie, as a myriad of Ground-types can force it out, such as Nidoking and Hippowdon. They also deserve a special note for resisting Grass moves, which also threaten Diancie. Pokemon that don't like status appreciate being paired with Diancie. For example (remove space), Slowbro has good defensive synergy with Diancie due to its great physical bulk and resistances to Water and Steel, and it appreciates Diancie's resistance to Dark. Other than that, partners with Wish, such as Blissey and Alomomola, can help circumvent Diancie's lack of a reliable recovery move. Allies such as Rotom-C and Tentacruel that can remove entry hazards help Diancie exert its role, removing the entry hazards that as they really hinder its Leftovers recovery (right now it can be interpreted as Rotom-C and Tentacruel hindering its recovery).

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Power Gem can be run over Diamond Storm due to it having more PP and punishing Defoggers such as Mantine, Togekiss, and Moltres more reliably. However, Diamond Storm is still usually preferred due to its greater damage output against Calm Mind users and specially bulky Pokemon and great side secondary (technically not wrong, but 9/10 times side effect refers to adverse ones) effect. Rock Tomb can be used is an option (kinda hard to use a move that's not on the set, isn't it? generally, for OO, try to use "can be run" or "is an option" for these phrases) to defeat Togekiss more easily, as Diancie can eventually outspeed and hit it before it can use Roost. A set with Diamond Storm and Heal Bell and without Toxic is also possible, compressing the roles of a Stealth Rock user and a cleric while not being harmless versus Flying-types and Scizor lacking Roost, although it comes with the drawback of a worse Latias and Togekiss matchup. Protect can be used run to maximize Leftovers recovery as well as scout what move Pokemon with Choice items lock themselves into, such as Hydreigon, Scizor, and Krookodile. However, forgoing Toxic or Heal Bell for this isn't the common choice, as playing Diancie safely is usually enough to keep it healthy. Earth Power can be used run to punish common Diancie switch-ins such as Empoleon, Nidoking, and Stakataka, but keep in mind that it lowers Diancie's utility, as Diancie has to run it over Toxic or Heal Bell. Trick Room can be run on Diancie on teams fully invested in Trick Room, as Diancie has good bulk and helps them deal with strong Dark-types like Hydreigon. However, Diancie usually does better at its common role as a wall (QC comment: can't really call it a wall when it doesn't have reliable recovery), as common Pokemon can stop it from setting Trick Room, such as Scizor and Mega Aggron.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Mega Aggron, Scizor, and Empoleon can threaten Diancie with their STAB attacks and usually OHKO it, with some of them being able to switch into Diancie's attacks with no big problems. Empoleon is especially troublesome, as it can switch into Diancie and remove Stealth Rock.

**Grass-types**: Bulky Grass-types can take Diancie's hits well, and offensive ones can hit it hard for super effective damage. Amoonguss doesn't mind Moonblast and can take advantage of Diancie switching out to use Spore. Tsareena can threaten Diancie out with Power Whip, and Celebi doesn't mind status and can start setting up as Diancie switches out, although they don't switch in as well (QC comment: here's the thing. out of the viable Grass-types, Chesnaught and Rotom-C are the only ones you didn't mention here, but Chesnaught can't really deal with Diancie, so why not just mention Rotom-C and remove the first line completely?).

**Water-types**: Bulky Water-types like Rest Suicune can switch into Diancie reliably and hit it hard with Scald, potentially burning it and making Diamond Storm a lot weaker. Meanwhile, offensive Water-types like Volcanion and Crawdaunt can't necessarily switch into Diancie, but they can use their offensive capabilities to force it out with their strong Water-type STAB moves.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive Pokemon such as Blissey, Amoonguss, Bronzong, and Rest Snorlax don't really mind Toxic or Diancie's offensive moves and can take advantage of it as they feel like.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Nuked, 382658], [Hilomilo, 313384], [martha, 384270]]
- Grammar checked by: [[A Cake Wearing A Hat, 388157], [Eyan, 226777]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)