Pokémon Diggersby

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the leaks, this dude gets Knock Off and Superpower now, in addition to Iron Head, Foul Play, elemental punches, Focus Punch and some other stuff.

Pretty big buff overall, his movepool is actually pretty big now.
Good bye, gengar, gliscor and ferrothorn.

Diggersby will run with a lot of sets and combinations. He can use Assault Vest, Life Orb, Choice Band, Scarf, etc.

Well let's see:

Notable New Moves:

Knock Off, Focus Punch, Foul Play, Superpower, Iron Tail, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Iron Head, Low Kick, Gunk Shot

How can it work in metagame?
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 414-488 (154.4 - 182%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gothitelle: 204-242 (59.4 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 328-388 (108.6 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latias: 300-354 (99.6 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 274-324 (67.8 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Superpower vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 226-268 (64.2 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 448-528 (63.6 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (consider Knock Off now)
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 314-370 (94.8 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 308-364 (96.5 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 444-524 (124.3 - 146.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 264-312 (74.5 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 282-332 (101.8 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sylveon: 290-342 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sylveon: 362-428 (91.8 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Gunk Shot vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 372-438 (102.1 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Nothing will enter really safe in Diggersby. Maybe Skarmory. A bulky set can resist to Charizard Y, Mach Punch Breloom, Manectric HP Ice, etc.

Hey guys I see there was some discussion about Diggersby after the new moves were released but it seems to have died out. Anyway I've been running a Scarf Diggersby with Earthquake/Return/Knock Off/U-turn and it works pretty well at luring Skarmory/Ferrothorn to remove Shed Shell with Knock Off if they have it. This is great because I'm running it with a core of Scarf Magnezone and Bulky DD Mega Altaria with Earthquake. However it seems like that set is outclassed by Scarf Lando-T. Basically the differences between the two end up being:

Pros of Diggersby:
- More power with its ability it basically has ~160 base Attack
- A better secondary STAB with Return/Frustration
- Potential to run Elemental Punches/Gunk Shot to deal with key targets (null factor for me as I'm using it's synergy with Magnezone)

Cons of Diggersby compared to Lando-T:
- Slower so it can't deal with things like Adamant Char-X with a boost
- No ability if you think of it as having ~160 base Attack compared to the great utility of Intimidate
- Lower bulk especially physically when you account Intimidate
- Worse defensive typing as Normal gives an immunity to a seldom used attack type compared to flying that gives immunity/resistance to the common Ground/Fighting

Anyone else think Scarfed is out classed?

Hey guys I see there was some discussion about Diggersby after the new moves were released but it seems to have died out. Anyway I've been running a Scarf Diggersby with Earthquake/Return/Knock Off/U-turn and it works pretty well at luring Skarmory/Ferrothorn to remove Shed Shell with Knock Off if they have it. This is great because I'm running it with a core of Scarf Magnezone and Bulky DD Mega Altaria with Earthquake. However it seems like that set is outclassed by Scarf Lando-T. Basically the differences between the two end up being:

Pros of Diggersby:
- Potential to run Elemental Punches/Gunk Shot to deal with key targets (null factor for me as I'm using it's synergy with Magnezone)

- No ability if you think of it as having ~160 base Attack compared to the great utility of Intimidate
- Worse defensive typing as Normal gives an immunity to a seldom used attack type compared to flying that gives immunity/resistance to the common Ground/Fighting

Bunny got banned from UU hence why discussion died down. Bunny too strong for UU...

Pros of Diggersby:

Digger and landot are 2 different pokemon. Digger is a wallbreaker, landot is a pivot (fast pivot (and a revenge killer) with the scarf, bulky pivot with lefties and a bulkyer evs spread). With a scarf landorus is indeed better. Even if they have a common counter in skarmory.

Has more sense saying landorus incarnat/digger, because are both wallbreakers.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Quick Attack

This is the same set used in xy, but fire punch can be used over return or quick attack for 2kho ferrothorn and 3kho skarmory without using swords dance (with sd is a 1kho and a 2kho). LO is probably better over a sash for not be always forced to use sd for deal damages.

I've been using an Agility+3 attack LO set for a while and not only have I not been able to take advantage of Agility at all, but I feel like I have been missing out on hitting some key threats hard. I was just wondering if the following set would be a viable choice to go with:
Diggersby@Life Ob
EV's: 252 Attack/252 Spe/4 Def
Trait: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
-Return
-Earthquake
-Knock Off
-Fire Punch

I know I know, no priority seems to kill the bunny's viability, but something worse that I have been facing is the fact I can't break through standard Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Thanks to the move tutors in ORAS, this can be fixed simply by throwing Fire Punch onto the set while also dealing some decent damage to Skarmory. In theory, it should wreck stall to hell, but should do a good job at wallbreaking against bulky offense and balanced teams. It probably can't do a damn thing against HO though.

I've been using an Agility+3 attack LO set for a while and not only have I not been able to take advantage of Agility at all, but I feel like I have been missing out on hitting some key threats hard. I was just wondering if the following set would be a viable choice to go with:
Diggersby@Life Ob
EV's: 252 Attack/252 Spe/4 Def
Trait: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
-Return
-Earthquake
-Knock Off
-Fire Punch

I know I know, no priority seems to kill the bunny's viability, but something worse that I have been facing is the fact I can't break through standard Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Thanks to the move tutors in ORAS, this can be fixed simply by throwing Fire Punch onto the set while also dealing some decent damage to Skarmory. In theory, it should wreck stall to hell, but should do a good job at wallbreaking against bulky offense and balanced teams. It probably can't do a damn thing against HO though.
why not run quick attack over knock off?

the only thing you would miss out on is 2HKOing fully defensive Cress, but get really good priority in exchange

why not run quick attack over knock off?

the only thing you would miss out on is 2HKOing fully defensive Cress, but get really good priority in exchange
The priority hasn't been a problem for me since I use a triple bunny team (Diggersby, Loppuny, and Azumarrill) but there are times where I wish I had Quick Attack but not as much as Fire Punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)