National Dex dior

adem

yap
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

(click on the sprites for the paste)

Introduction

Hello people who read this RMT, I am writing this and posting this now because I am too impatient to wait for my 1 year anniversary on this site, so it is just to commemorate my 500th post here. This is also my opportunity to 1, showcase my most successful and memorable team I have ever built in Natdex, and quite possibly in my whole career as it has carried me through my first SSNLs run did me well during my second one. This also provides me a chance to thank and possibly apologise to all the amazing people who have been with me throughout my journey in this site. Also, I am a massive rap fan, and Pop happens to be one of my favourite artists, so this team and the RMT is named around the song which got me into him. Enjoy !

Origin of the team

Mega Tyranitar, funnily enough, used to be a Mega I thought, personally, was quite terrible. At that time, I was incredibly new to the game, and didnt realise for 1, how fucking bulky this mon is, 2, how important Stealth Rocks and Pursuit are, and 3, how hard it hits. Until I built this team, of course. I had started building this team ages ago, back when I was relatively new to Natdex still, as well still experimenting with builds and cores. Someone in the Natdex room happened to mention the core of Mega Tyranitar + Fight Z Kartana, which I thought was ingenious and gave me a reason to use Tyranitar, as well one of my favourite Pokemon in Kartana. The original version of the team had a Corviknight instead of Skarmory, and thus formed a nice VoltTurn core with Lando T, as well as pivoted into threats like Mega Latias and Mega Latios. However the team folded to Mega Mawile, and after some discussion I changed it to Skarm.

The Building Process

:ss/tyranitar-mega:

FOR THE NIGHT (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock

- Stone Edge
- Crunch

- Pursuit

As stated in the explanations of the origin, I started building this team with using Mega Tyranitar in mind. This behemoth is a terrifying force of nature in the tier, throwing out powerful Stone Edges. Its amazing bulk under Sandstorm—rivalling that of even Toxapex!—means it provides solid Defensive utility as well, checking threats such as Heatran and Zapdos, as well as Pursuit trapped locked Ash Greninja and Tapu Lele. Crunch is needed alongside Pursuit in order to successfully trap Mega Latias, and also provides a spammable STAB option. Mega Tyranitar also provides Stealth Rock, and Pursuit weakens Zapdos in order for Fight Z Kartana to sweep teams. It also traps Mega Latias and Mega Latios for the team, although it has to be careful of Aura Sphere. Removing Mega Lati@s is also key for the team, as that is most teams usual counterplay to SD Kartana, allowing for an easy sweep.

:ss/kartana:

DIOR (Kartana) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

Kartana has been, and still is one of my favourite Pokemon in the tier. Swords Dance Fight Z sets lure and eliminate the likes of Corviknight, Mega Scizor, and Skarmory, freeing up my Tyranitar offensively. Kartana can already normally break past these Pokemon on normal SD sets—even versus Defense boosting Skarmory and Corviknight due to Sacred Sword—but the main draw of Fight Z is instantly removing them from the equation. This means that hazard stacking with Skarmory becomes much, much more potent, as well as opening up Tyranitar to fire off more terrifying Stone Edges. Kartana has been one of my favourite Grass types due to its unmatchable offensive prowess, with Banded sets being incredibly hard to pivot into, and SD Sets being a pain to deal with defensively, and teams have to resort mainly to offensive counterplay. Kartana also provides the team with a Knock Off-er, which helps our Spikes and Stealth Rock matter more in the long run.

:ss/landorus-therian:
GOT IT ON ME (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power

- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Defog

Choice Scarf Landorus T provides crucial Speed control for the team, as well as revenging many threats to the team such as Mega Garchomp, Kartana, and Z Move Kommo O. It is also the teams resident Ground type, preventing Tapu Koko from freely pivoting around the team. It also provides Defog support for the team, and even though this is a Hazard Stack team, a form of emergency Hazard control is also crucial, as it prevents the team from being run over by opposing Hazard Stack. A special set is chosen to synergise better with Tapu Bulu, as well as not being forced to run Hidden Power Fire to revenge Kartana, and instead can run a much stronger Hidden Power Ice to revenge the Grounds and Dragons that run rampant. The given EV spread allows Lando T to outspeed Arctozolt in Hail, letting it revenge that as well.

:ss/skarmory:
AIM FOR THE MOON (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes

- Roost
- Iron Defense

- Body Press

Skarmory is the start of our hard defensive backbone, providing a team with a solid check to strong physical threats like Weavile, Garchomp, Rillaboom, and Gliscor. This slot was initially Corviknight, but I felt the team struggled too much with Mega Mawile for Corv to be used, so I switched it to Skarm. Skarm also provides Spikes for the team, which is crucial for wearing down the likes of Tangrowth and Heatran for the team. ID Press is used over other sets as a way to function as a separate WinCon for the team, as well as consistently check Mega Mawile. Skarmory also benefits greatly from opposing Skarmory and Corviknight being removed, and Zapdos fearing a Pursuit Trap, as now it is much more freely able to stack meaningful Spikes on teams due the team no longer being pressed to Defog opposing spikes, and less Defoggers removing its own Spikes. The Rocky Helmet chip it racks up is also crucial to help our offensive core break down teams.

:ss/slowking-galar:
THE WOO (Slowking-Galar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 56 SpA / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight

- Hydro Pump / Scald / Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb

- Flamethrower

Slowking Galar is the teams blanket special wall, which together with Skarmory form a potent defensive core, as well as also being a threatening offensive presence by virtue of its coverage. Future Sight is a great support option to help our main breakers in Tyranitar and Kartana break down teams. There were multiple options for a second coverage move that I have shuffled through. Hydro Pump with 56 SpA EVs 2HKO Offensive Heatran in Grassy Terrain, but is inconsistent due to its accuracy. Scald is only a 3HKO on offensive Heatran, but doesn’t have the accuracy drop and provides a nifty burn chance. Earthquake deals with Heatran the best outside of terrain, but struggles to deal with it consistently while terrain is up. If running Scald, you may opt for a different SpA amount, and if using Earthquake you should be using a Sassy Nature. Sludge Bomb threatens Serperior and Calm Mind Clefable, allowing Slowking to beat it if it gets a Crit, as well as threatening Sludge Poisons on bulkier foes. The given EV spread avoids the 2HKO from Ash Greninja DPulse, 2HKOes offensive Heatran with Hydro Pump, and the rest is dumped in Def to check threats like Mega Diancie better.

:ss/tapu-bulu:
MAKE IT RAIN (Tapu Bulu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 220 HP / 92 Def / 140 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance

- Protect / Synthesis
- Horn Leech

- Superpower

Tapu Bulu rounds off the defensive backbone of the team, and finishes the team off. This Pokemon is a Pokemon I have grown to like to use fairly recently, after seeing its solid performance in NDWC finals. It also supports our offensive core, with its Grassy Terrain providing Mega Tyranitar additional recovery, as well as boost Kartana’s Leaf Blade. Its terrain also supports the defensive core a lot, letting Skarmory check powerful offensive juggernauts such as Gravity / Smack Down + Fly Z Lando T, as well as provide additional recovery for Glowking. Swords Dance means it isnt as passive as other bulky Grasses, and Protect alongside Leftovers and Grassy Terrain allow it to rack up a lot of passive recovery, as well as healing consistently in Sand. Synthesis can also be used to heal more overall, but doesnt have consistent recovery in Sand. Due to its natural recovery and bulk, it checks threats such as Calm Mind Clefable and Calm Mind Mega Latias, as well as allow the team to not get overwhelmed by cores such as Heatran + Ash Greninja. The given EV spread maximises Tapu Bulu’s recovery from Leftovers, outspeed max speed Mega Mawile and Azumarill, live a +2 Mega Garchomp Fire Fang, with the rest in SpDef to check Ash Greninja better. A faster / specially bulkier EV spread can also be used, with speed for SpDef Heatran / Crawdaunt and no Def if Mega Garchomp can be dealt with fine.

Paste

https://pokepast.es/4c752db702446a47

Threatlist

:medicham-mega: You have to play very aggresive versus this Pokemon, and the matchup is very hard as a whole, but with correct plays and solid midgrounds between GKing and Skarmory, you can deal with it.

:heatran: Offensive Heatran variants can easily overwhelm the team, especially if Tar gets too worn down or gets caught in the Z. However, it comes in for free on nothing in the team, and GKing and Tar are solid short term checks to it.

:latios-mega: ♂This Pokemon can break this team if played right, especially if its paired with Pursuit support. However if lacking Ice Beam it cant really break past Tapu Bulu and is prone to Pursuit trapping from Mega Tyranitar.

Replays

This section contains replays of the teams previous version, as well as the new version. I myself dont have any solid ladder results past like 1800 with it since I am god awful at laddering, however I and others have done solid in tours with it.

VS Sputnik in a friendly: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1434580469

VS NVK in a friendly: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1434593936-0fgfljvkzwsp37seuukevku2wut6ew2pw

VS NVK in a friendly again: (i lost this because i forgot serperior existed and sacked GKing, but this shows mmedi is extremely outplayable) https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1434590423-afu2i2id59wwzchntmnvww1suanwjp5pw

Shoutouts

This wouldnt be a good RMT without a fuck ton of shout outs, im sorry in advance if i miss your name because I have godawful memory, but you know who you are <3

omicorio Thank u habibi for being there for me from the start, I nefer thought I would stay in this community as long as I though I would, but here we are. As much as we fight, we always manage to sort it out and it nefer gets bad. I love all our shared memories together, from u oversleeping and missing our tour game with alex, to me and you predicting moves tgt while watching tour games. Thank u for bestie, for everything.

Jomatoes simp Mario34 ily 3 sm, thank u idiots for starting simpcord with me. So much fun memories when it was still a gc, as well as i love all the individual memories i share with all of u. Jomatoes me coming to u to double check my dou analysis and winning the PRESTIGIOUS CY PL together <3. simp @andurm@ + it was fun af ghosting u on nd ladder. Mario34 making jokes about yugon and talking about BIGGEST BUM ASS MU, and building so much weird fucking shit with you, again, ly all <3

pannuracotta a real g, from start to end. #brocode. thank u for making nd and my day, just another level better. All our fun times with u qcing my shit and realising i keep forgetting commas, or me qcing urs and telling you you put too many. Thank u for making me laugh every day, and it has been a fun journey habibi.

413X i loved our calls, we should call more tbh tbh. Thank u for being some1 i can talk to about shit, thank you for always being so nice, thank you for always making me happier <3 You are one of the coolest people i have ever met on this site, and i am grateful i met you. #blame omi

Batzi, yugon ik ur banned but you still deserve a s/o here, ill probably ping u on cord to see anyways. Thank you for helping me get into this community, and as much as i clown on u, you honestly helped me learn the tier so much, and made me get where i am today, and im extremely grateful for that. Just please, please dawg think of what you say and do next time, or just think in general, ty.

R8 gm my french friend, i STILL dont believe you’re old, but thank u for always being a blessing to talk to, you are an amazing person, through and through my baguette.

NVK MY ASIAN BROTHER. thank u for being actually good at the game (unlike me), for keeping me company in nd room, and always helping me test my shit on ladder. ily bro.

fabwooloo meow

All my smogcord besties, Ratio Gomi Acey 2B Blitz dnagerbdager KaiserKaiba Husk of Corn and whoever else, you know who u are. Ty for always keeping me company and keep me sane talking in smogcord, that is honestly quite a hard feat.

LpZ Noglastica 3MoreMinutes AlphaRay01 SJKNOL Orangesodapop i may be bad at draft, but once the oras tour rolls around yall finna be smashed . thank u all for being amazing to talk to and play against, u all r so cool tbh tbh.

blce peap Lasen Optify Kate zeno420 DerpyBoi Magnum Kyotoshi Solaros & Lunaris lotiasite Frito Dorron Redgoop115 AV Cosmoem Snoms jerryl309 Aurodian emillight Avaritia GC lph The Dragon Master devin Eve ChrisPBacon StitChuu Trade Memoric Ara Fc Avery TheWeirdGastrodon Katy Abhi Typhlosion4 Coolcodename Geysers WSun1 agslash23 Clone u all r cool too tbh

whoever else i didnt mention, i honestly cba because there are TOO MANY, but u donuts know who u are ❤

that is all for me this time, i hope you like the team and i really hope u all know u guys make my life 10x better. me and tommy say bye bye
DEB38D50-CC40-4773-837E-E23BDA23C2EA.png

Last edited:
Cute team adem you're still the goat no matter how many times you get 2-0'd in a series, I will say your gameplan against corviknight is definitely difficult I think. I don't really see how you're able to easily muscle past it, especially sets like BU or ID Corv, I feel like you just lose. Of course you have ID skarm yourself but no whirlwind means you're just pp stalling and hoping they don't crit. Of course you have SD Kart but if corv ever sets up before Kart does, you're kinda screwed.

+1 0 Atk Corviknight Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 60 Def Slowking-Galar: 193-228 (48.9 - 57.8%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
56 SpA Slowking-Galar Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 120-142 (30 - 35.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

And that's just 0 Def Corvi, so it seems like this team struggles with breaking past a standard defog set (outside Kart), and there's no real way you can prevent defog as well and it seems nothing really breaks Corvi.

I do really like the team though, just have to not let corv ever set up first

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)