Rejected Disabled accounts' names aren't put back up for grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If an account gets "disabled" (which i'm fairly sure is another word for "banned" or "deleted" in PS) you're not able to take their names. This essentially means multiple names literally just aren't allowed in the game any more, i.e. Dio Brando. It'd be really nice if you made it so you can take the names of banned accounts. As always, it's perfectly fine if this gets rejected - just means I'll have to work even harder to find a new name! :heart:

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
If an account gets "disabled" (which i'm fairly sure is another word for "banned" or "deleted" in PS) you're not able to take their names. This essentially means multiple names literally just aren't allowed in the game any more, i.e. Dio Brando. It'd be really nice if you made it so you can take the names of banned accounts. As always, it's perfectly fine if this gets rejected - just means I'll have to work even harder to find a new name! :heart:
Disabled means no one can log in - this happens for various reasons, such as rule-breakage, by request, etc.
Disabled names can be claimed, but only badgeholders, PS contributors, and global staff can do this, if they didn't originally own them.
This has already been suggested iirc & denied mostly because the person might want to come back, and also as a reward for contributors. (i may be wrong on that second one but that's what i've heard before, feel free to correct if i'm wrong.)
Unless something has changed, I doubt this will happen.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Alot of old high-value names are disabled due to an old password database leak. As a security measure, old accounts were disabled as abandoned so they couldnt be stolen. The accounts are technically still owned by the persons who registered them, and they can reclaim them with a password reset request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)