READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE MAKING AN APPEAL.
What punishments can be appealed using this forum?
- Permalocks and global bans are the ONLY punishments that can be appealed using this forum. Any other punishments are either unappealable or should be appealed by making a help ticket on Pokemon Showdown.
- If you are locked under a username you do not recognise, please click this this link to submit an appeal ticket on Showdown or type
/appealin any chatroom (such as Lobby).
- If you are locked, weeklocked or namelocked, please click this link to submit an appeal ticket on Showdown or type
/appealin any chatroom (such as Lobby).
- If you are permabanned, you may not appeal. Permabans are only given out to the most egregious offenders and as such are totally unappealable.
- If you are muted, banned or blacklisted from a room on pokemon showdown, use
/roomauth (roomname)to see who the staff are in said room and contact them to appeal your punishment. Names that are bolded when using
/roomauthare currently online.
- If you are global banned but believe it was a mistake, you may appeal any time. Please explain in your appeal why you believe it was a mistake and anything that you believe lead to the global ban.
- If you are permalocked for chat toxicity or spamming etc. you may appeal after 3 months have passed since you were given the permalock.
- If you are permalocked for sexual offenses, you may only appeal after 6 months have passed since you were given the permalock.
- If you are appealing a second permalock, the time you are required to wait before appealing is doubled, so if you are permalocked for chat toxicity or spamming a second time, you will have to wait 6 months.
- If you are punished at all whilst permalocked or if you continue to harass staff in pms whilst permalocked, the time you must wait before appealing will be reset. This means you will have to wait out the entire period of 3/6 months before being eligible to appeal.
- If you had a previous appeal turned down, the staff member that rejected your appeal should have told you how long you must wait before appealing again. If they did not then feel free to contact a staff member on Pokemon Showdown by opening an "other" help ticket to ask how long you must wait before appealing.
- If you have evaded your permalock multiple times, the time period you must wait before appealing will be significantly longer. You should try and contact an Administrator so they can tell you exactly how long you must wait.
- You're responsible for everything on your account and IP. We will not remove your permalock because your brother got on your account and did something stupid, for example. The same goes for shared alts.
- Please do not PM staff on Smogon or on Pokemon Showdown asking them to reply to your appeal. This is incredibly frustrating to deal with and will most likely only result in your appeal being put to the bottom of the pile once again.
- DO NOT use an AI program to write your appeal. We want to hear from YOU, not from an AI. Any appeal we suspect of being AI-written will be rejected immediately.
- Specific acknowledgement of what you did wrong. “I am sorry for my actions” is vague and does not show an understanding of what you did or why it was wrong; “I am sorry for X and Y, and know that my actions caused Z” is better. Also, if you have any insight into why you acted that way or mitigating circumstances, bring those up as well.
- Accepting full accountability for your actions. Whilst there may have been a reason you were acting in the way you were, blaming other people for your actions is never going to fly. Be it your opponent(s), the moderators who handed you your punishments or anyone else.
- Reasonable assurances that you won’t do it again. This can look like expressing remorse, outlining what you have learned since your punishment, or steps to avoid similar situations in the future. The biggest thing we look for in appeals is that whatever lead to the permalock won’t happen again. Only writing "I won't do it again" is again vague and does not show understanding.
- Some display of effort. We aren’t going to judge you on eloquence or how long your appeal is, but putting in some level of work shows that you are invested in the appeal and committed to what you say. We reserve the right to deny one-sentence posts and appeals that fail to follow the directions above.
- Maturity throughout the appeal process. Troll posts or posts that insult staff members will be rejected and you will likely be infracted whilst having the period of time you must wait before appealing reset.
Written by Trickster and Finland: updated by Nui, Anubis, Aeonic, Isaiah, Kennedy & UT