DM's Hokey Karaoke! (ROUND ONE, SIGNUPS STILL OPEN)

Crux

Banned deucer.
I wanted to run this karaoke tourney because I felt like the previous one got too serious. I want to reward people who sing silly songs in silly ways, not just those like Ninahaza who are obviously talented. It takes guts to even record a submission, and I give everyone props for trying.
Actually, in light of this, I've decided to pick a song that's totally out of my league.

I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston

if our song has two different singers with overlapping parts are we allowed to sing one at a time an stack them using Garage band or something? or should we only do one part.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I have submitted this rounds winner to DM in mp3 form, since my internet sucks and I cant deal with video myself..

Have a nice day.
I just finally listened to this, and all I have to say is lol

if our song has two different singers with overlapping parts are we allowed to sing one at a time an stack them using Garage band or something? or should we only do one part.
Yeah, you can play around with stuff like that if you want, but doing just one vocal track is perfectly fine as well.

OMG. I just found the best thing. And will be better in light of the revealing of how this is going to be judged.

SEXUAL HEALING. I just did a test run. I sound horrible.

And sorry for the (4th?) song change.

I want to give it a try! In!

Edit: Lol, so the least number of votes moves on...interesting. Don't vote for "good" singers guys! lololol

Edit 2: Ummm I have a very shitty webcam and I have no clue how to have a pic or something for the vid on youtube. Help anyone?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I want to give it a try! In!

Edit: Lol, so the least number of votes moves on...interesting. Don't vote for "good" singers guys! lololol
No, the person with the highest total ranking moves on.

Let's say someone gets a lot of votes and places 2nd. The judges add their ranking (let's say 3rd and 1st) so the person's point total would be 2 + 3 + 1 = 5. This is a good score.

Obviously someone who has few or no votes is going to be ranking last, so their point total would be something much higher, let's say they have 45th place + judge ranking 30 + judge ranking 32 = 107. This is not a good score.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Just a quick update/blurb:

We are exactly one week away from the deadline! I wanted to make sure everyone has plenty of time to get their recordings done because I want as much participation as possible. So, get em done however you can!

No, the person with the highest total ranking moves on.

Let's say someone gets a lot of votes and places 2nd. The judges add their ranking (let's say 3rd and 1st) so the person's point total would be 2 + 3 + 1 = 5. This is a good score.

Obviously someone who has few or no votes is going to be ranking last, so their point total would be something much higher, let's say they have 45th place + judge ranking 30 + judge ranking 32 = 107. This is not a good score.
Thank you for clearing that up! I got confused. xD Nothing new...>.<

Ok, so it doesn't get stolen (=P) I'm doing Michael Jackson's Man in the mirror. I really wish I had a mic right about now because my internal one on my laptop is shitty^10! So, as of now, I have to either use my crappy webcam or cellphone lmao. Any suggestions?

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Actually, I changed my mind on what I want to sing, but I don't want to say what it is here yet :x

You'll just have to wait and see.

Now, to sing when there is literally zero chance of my roommate walking in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)