Dnite is darkest just before the dawn

Introduction
Greetings one and all welcome to my humble abode today I will be taking you through the 3rd gen team of smogon's very own degenerate Abra. Why third gen you may ask, as I flipped through the forums I saw the third gen RMT and it cried out to me it said "Abra save me" so I did what any self respecting smogon would do and made a RMT Special thanks to EnragedBeast and BanNattorei

The power of Adv lies behind bulky sweepers, things like Crocune and etc dominated the meta game you won't be seeing a high concentration of just one wall or just one sweeper which is why I like the meta game so much but with this in mind don't expect much as I am not proficient in Adv OU myself but if you would use this team to start you off I would be honored with that stop reading this.

The Team
At a Glance​

"Lord Liam" The Snorlax ---The Tank

@ Leftovers

Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 124 HP / 68 Atk / 124 Def / 36 SpA /156 SpD
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Sp)
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball

Lord Liam has saved me many a times in fact after you get done reading this RMT go leave a comment on his profile about what a great snorlax he is, anyway back to the team the snorlax like I said before is vital it's shadow ball allows for it to take on offensive celebi pretty well defensive can take shadow balls better unfortunately but it overall takes special threats which there are many of and just serve them from the opponents team.
The EV spread allows you to take many hits and hit back just as hard with a significant difference from the usual smogon set as I am running EQ over self destruct. The reason being this snorlax plays a huge part in my team I have no other counters for some threats such as for example DD Tar a massive threat in this meta game that EQ hits for good damage all in all if you want to take out Fire Blast for Self Destruct you may Considering our next poke is...

"Skarm's Skar" The Magneton ---The Trapper

@ Leftovers

Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpAtk / 152 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

This bro lives up to his name not only does he "skar" that annoying titanium bird he also tends to mess up forretress's day just be careful switching in those things tend to pack EQ. Also I find it important to mention it's not always a clean hit ohko on skarmory on rare occasions so I suggest dumping a few more into SpAtk excuse my lack of precision and professionalism i'm just new at the trade any who this guy is a under looked help and although he barely get's to shine after killing skarm/forry I appreciate him none the less.

Like I said play around with the SpAtk a lil more but other than that the set is solid rest talking allows for healing and some hits while alseep nothing more to say really.

"Shitrio" The Dugtrio ---The Revenge Killer

@Choice Band

Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Aerial Ace

Sigh dugtrio where do I begin, you see that nickname over there it holds true this thing can be my savior/tormentor. I mean when Magneton decides to let skarm live with 5% percent it's ok I can just finish it off but ohoho no when dugtrio decides to let a +1 DD tar survive it usually means Lord Liam has to take a huge hit and die or suicune does. I really do have a hatred for this thing how can you be 3 moles in one and STILL SUCK but never the less on to the Ev's and move set

It may be tempting to run adamant over jolly but don't do it wise guy jolly helps outspeed +1 T-tar frankly sometimes even after you outspeed it Shitrio decides to fail but hey what can you do,for it's years of generous service shitrio can get this picture to summarize what I think of it , any who HP Bug is for celebi even though of course being the shit he is he doesn't OHKO bulky celebi EQ ofc is for Stab and Rock Slide for the EdgeQuake Aerial Ace I assume is for coverage even though I never got to use it outside of killing some unlucky ludicolo

"Blarara!" The Skarmory --- Physical Wall

@ Leftovers

Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 184 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Spikes
- Roar
- Rest

The most lovable bird in the meta game you just want to kick it across a flaming field while thunder bolts rain from the sky. The name is a refrence to Durarara!! combined with the username of a dear user :D he knows who he is. The ra is good for skarmory as that is what he likes to do best: roar. The obvious choice for a physical wall god knows I need one.

Standard Ev's for a standard poke and Standard moves for a standard pokes Roar instead of whirl wind because drill peck isn't compatibly with WW guess that's the price you pay for more power if you want to run WW because of the pp thing you can go with HP flying not like you'll be OHKO anything outside of a parasect anyway.

"Neutral Milk" The Suicune ---The Sweeper, Physical Tank,Dragon Hunter and MVP

@ Leftovers

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 60 SpAtk / 8 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Oh suicune how I love thy let me count the ways, this guy erm thing is easily the most frequent thing seen in the Adv, and as anyone can tell you i'm not one for OU whoring so why is it on my team? BECAUSE SUICUNE as you can see in it's title/description I labeled it as dragon hunter. It's amazing how one's set could change simply with one move this thing takes out the mences skarmory just can't also the rare flygon get's smashed. Honestly this summary won't do crocune justice but two words will: CM SWEEP, The name not that anyone cares is a refrence to Neutral Milk Hotel their song Aeroplane over the Sea reminds me of suicune again not that anyone cares.

Ice beam to earn it's rank of dragon hunter Surf for stab Rest for recovery and CM ofc for the sweep. It isn't crocune but it's pretty damn great I tell you what

" Seighart " The Dragonite ---DD Sweeper

@Leftovers

Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 74 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake

Ah the name sake of this whole RMT at this point I can either be labeled a noob or a troll but I ask you to see me in a new light a revolutionary! "There is literally no reason to use Dragonite over Salamence"-blarajan. Wise words true as they may be they did not deter me from using this pokemon. It fills the same role as mence just with weaker flying/rock moves and no intimidate. If you are going to use this guy over mence be advised Earthquake does more then wing attack if it's neutral to the opposing pokemon I made the mistake once and had a poke live with 1 hp just what I get for using a Dnite I guess. Why do I use him well i'm not going to go into it but let's just give a honorable mention to my bro Kirk the Dirk. A legitimate reason to use Dnite for all you skeptics could be I suppose his superior special bulk or physical bulk to mence even though intimidate evens it out.

The ev's allow you to live a ice beam from a swampert which is kinda nice, but at +1 you only start to 3HKO with EQ (Spike support from skarm use it) other than that just max attack and the rest into speed moves allow for a psuedo mence set just to set the mood with Wing Attack being 10 base power weaker then mence's hp flying and hp rock being 15 points weaker than mence's rock slide. If you are serious about Adv though you might want to use salamence and ignore my b/s

Lord Liam (Snorlax) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 124 HP / 68 Atk / 124 Def / 36 SAtk / 156 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Body Slam
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Shitrio (Dugtrio) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Blarara! (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 184 Def / 12 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Roar

Skarm's Skar (Magneton) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SAtk / 152 SDef / 8 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

NeutralMilk (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 60 SAtk / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Seighart (Dragonite) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 74 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Wing Attack
With that my friends we come to the end of the ride we hope you enjoyed yourself and I thank you for taking a trip through one of my favorite generations, please make sure you have all your belongings and have a safe journey home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)