SM UU DOD2 (Celebi + Lucario Offense)

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

finally back with a rmt after a long time of not posting on this forum. i'd like to showcase my favorite team of the generation, nasty plot spam with double pursuit support, an archetype that is very aggressive but extremely effective against many common archetypes in the current meta. this team has been 1700+ many times on the ladder but i didn't bother grabbing a screenshot or going for a peak, although i think it certainly has the potential to (if pokeisfun would quit his antics >:O). i made this team for my uupl game versus lopunny kicks, intending to overload common bulky cores with a multitude of breakers. i wouldn't define this team as bulky offense or hyper offense, but rather something in between, so i'll just call it offense. enjoy the team.

i started off with the double nasty plot core of celebi and lucario, both of which are dangerous breakers that threaten bulky teams, as well as breaking down each other's checks, with celebi able to take advantage of grounds like swampert and hippowdon, and lucario taking advantage of common pokemon like choice-locked hydreigon, scizor lacking fighting coverage, and darks like bisharp. celebi has great stallbreaking potential with pursuit support so i knew i wanted steelium z for lucario, which allows it to ohko amoonguss, gligar, and primarina that could potentially revenge a +2 lucario and to use aura sphere over focus blast for more accurate stab.

this core is really weak to strong, faster breakers like mega-manectric and terrakion, so nidoqueen was a good fit here as a rocker. i dislike defensive nidoqueen because it becomes much easier for hazard removers to come in and pressure it without repercussion, so i used max spa modest life orb nidoqueen to take advantage of its being stronger than nidoking with fantastic coverage, pressuring common removal like empoleon, gligar, starmie, latias, tentacruel, mega-altaria, and rotom-h.

i added mega-aerodactyl next as a form of speed control, flying check, and first pursuit trapper. because the team already had breakers, the offense match-up needed to be patched up a bit, so mega-aerodactyl was a perfect revenge killer to fit this slot. checking moltres, pidgeot, and pursuit trapping gengar, latias, celebi, and the rare chandelure

primarina is easily the biggest glue pokemon on the team, giving me a solid dark, dragon, fire, and fighting resist to check problematic pokemon such as infernape, hydreigon, sharpedo, and krookodile. it significantly improves the hyper offense and bulky offense matchups unless they have a counter like tentacruel or amoonguss, although burning tentacruel and getting chip on it is extremely helpful for scizor and lucario.

at this point i needed another form of speed control and a latias check, as well as some immediate pressure that did not rely on boosting. scizor conveniently fit these roles as well as providing me with a second pursuit trapper, which worked extremely well as most people would assume the other did not carry pursuit if i revealed the first one. pursuit is also extremely essential to the stall matchup, as its basically unwinnable unless you can get the crucial damage on blissey, it is also another measure for revenging threatening opponent scizor, terrakion, and aerodactyl

in-depth

richard millie (Lucario) @ Steelium Z

Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave

the main discrepancy from common np lucario sets is the use of steelium z > fightinium z and aura sphere > focus blast. the main justification for using fightinium with focus blast is because of its stallbreaking potential vs. quagsire specifically, however with the team already having fantastic stallbreaking potential with double pursuit + celebi, i decided to use steelium z for more reliable stab options as well as beating normal checks lucario at +2 such as gligar, amoonguss, doublade, and primarina. lucario is better suited to win late-game because of its ability to ko common speed control such as krookodile, hydreigon, and terrakion rather than getting revenged. ghosts and psychics that are vacuum wave resists are susceptible to pursuit. aura sphere helps with pokemon that one would normally have to risk focus blast versus without using the z-move, such as rotom-heat, scizor, certain bulky waters, and other fat steels. in an emergency it can be used to check scizor and hydreigon. use it to break for celebi or save it for endgame if you know you can get safe boosting opportunities. often you can get a free nasty plot if they have one of the above listed normal checks to nasty plot lucario, and then just end up ko'ing with z-move. rocks are extremely important in aiding lucario's sweep, because pokemon like hydreigon and terrakion need to be chipped in order to guarantee vacuum wave kos at +2. it can also 2hko quagsire with aura sphere after minimal chip, albeit pretty tough to get against standard stall with this team. in the stall matchup you can easily bluff fightinium and try to make the opponent scout for the z-move and get some crucial damage that way, but this mon is flexible vs. many archetypes, with many standard balance builds just losing to this at +2 after pressure from teammates. vacuum wave can also be crucial for the ho matchup, as it can check scizor in a pinch and revenge dangerous sharpedo as generally primarina is under a ton of pressure especially without hazard control.

cash war (Celebi) @ Colbur Berry

Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

celebi is a crucial member in that it serves as the main way to beat bulky grounds and waters, such as hippowdon, swampert, suicune, slowbro, jelllicent, and importantly quagsire for the stall matchup. hp fire is chosen as coverage for scizor, as hp fire can still chip other steels, and the rest of the team can take advantage of hydreigon. colbur berry is very nice for teams relying on krookodile or pursuit aerodactyl as a way of pressuring celebi, where it can easily eat up knock offs or pursuits and recover back with giga drain. rocks are also very nice for celebi as it is able to deny more defogs at +2 against pokemon like rotom-h. the evs are standard, and celebi should be used in conjunction with lucario to break, depending on which pokemon has a better matchup. celebi also massively benefits from pokemon like latias and ghosts being pursuit trapped. its natural bulk also helps celebi get crucial damage on dangerous breakers like sd cobalion assuming that it isn't steelium z. it can also take any one hit from mega sharpedo after rocks provided it is at full. be careful with celebi around slowbro because it is the only way to beat cm mega-slowbro, which can be especially dangerous if it has ice beam to do good damage on the switch. this pokemon is much more useful in general in matchups against bulkier teams, where it can take advantage of giga drain and natural bulk to sustain itself and deal damage, and it usually ends up getting traded for crucial damage in the hyper offense or bulky offense matchups.

outstanding (Nidoqueen) @ Life Orb

Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

this pokemon is absolutely amazing, and this set is easily nidoqueen's best set in my opinion. max special attack life orb nidoqueen does crazy damage, beating some balance teams lacking checks to it by itself. ice beam has a chance ko mega-aerodactyl and hydreigon after rocks, and sludge wave kos offensive starmie after rocks, which it often comes in trying to take advantage of being able to pressure nidoqueen and spin rocks. nidoqueen serves as the main mega-manectric and terrakion check, so it needs to be played very carefully versus those teams. it pressures common defoggers such as rotom-h and empoleon very well, also serving as a secondary check to mega-altaria without ground coverage. the evs creep scizor and then a few, to take advantage of other scizor creepers as well as to outspeed all non-timid variants of primarina. offensive means that it can easily 2hko every variant of scizor maybe bar weird AV sets. it can also be used to get amazing damage on latias which will often try to come in on obvious earth power plays. whenever this pokemon is in you have to weigh clicking attacks versus setting rocks because this mon is so damn strong. if teams are weak versus this, try to get it in as many times as possible and wreck havoc, if not, try to get up rocks and get crucial damage for the sweepers. it is also a secondary fighting check to relieve some pressure off primarina, although in most cases it needs to be healthy for other pokemon.

on a mountain (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite

Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

mega-aerodactyl is the teams main source of speed control, flying check, and the first pursuit user of the trapper core. it is the teams main answer to mega-pidgeot, togekiss, and moltres. roost has been suggest to me over either pursuit or ice fang, but imo the longevity roost provides is not as good as the coverage options, as often times the coverage can get the damage needed to win regardless of whether aerodactyl is healthy or not. ice fang is also crucial for punishing pokemon like latias predicting pursuit or ones that hold a colbur berry, as well as punishing gligar for trying to remove rocks versus this pokemon. aerodactyl is a fantastic revenge killer and should be used to get damage for the first two sweepers. its speed tier also means that it can get damage on mega-altaria at +1, which can be extremely important if scizor is low or dead. you have to play very conservatively with this pokemon if rocks are up, because this team has no hazard control, which can largely hamper aerodactyl's ability to revenge kill or check certain pokemon.

big shot (Primarina) @ Leftovers

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

as i mentioned in the teambuilding process, primarina is the glue pokemon on this team that provides a solid dragon, dark, fighting, and fire check to answer common pokemon like hydreigon, krookodile, infernape, mega-sharpedo, and cobalion (non steel z and barring flinches). this set was originally created by sacri but brought into popular by cbu and i spamming our voltturn team on ladder, which largely utilized this set. simple stabs + resttalk allow primarina to be extremely annoying versus bulky offense builds that lack solid answers to it. this pokemon is the most important one in the hyper offense matchup, especially when spikes can chip it very easily with the lack of hazard control on the team. the evs maximize defense to allow it to sponge as many hits as possible with its natural special defense. it is also very important versus sd scizor (although not the only answer) because in torrent range it gets crucial damage to allow scizor to be revenged much more easily. often primarina is switched into strong attacks, and then doubled out to get in breakers like scizor, lucario, and celebi depending on the anticipated incoming pokemon.

speed it up (Scizor) @ Choice Band

Ability: Technician
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

most broken pokemon in the tier, compressing latias and mega-altaria check, speed control, pursuit trapping, breaking, and momentum into a single steel pokemon is absolutely ridiculous. scizor provides all those things as well as a way to revenge mega-aerodactyl, togekiss, terrakion, and countless other weakened pokemon. it is also crucial to the stall matchup for getting ~35% on blissey in order to let celebi break it and proceed to win in most cases. scizor can also be used as a late game win condition with bullet punch, which can sweep many weakened teams. the evs are pretty standard, creeping base 70s. it is also crucial for potentially revenging other scizor with band superpower. steel types can also be bopped with superpower in order to soften them up for celebi, which makes it the perfect partner for both the nasty plot users that this team aims to abuse. overall its a standard scizor set, nothing too special.

richard millie (Lucario) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave

cash war (Celebi) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

outstanding (Nidoqueen) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

on a mountain (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

big shot (Primarina) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

speed it up (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

i was going to do a threat list but then realized due to the nature of this team relying on being extremely aggressive there are a shit ton of threats, including hazards as there wasn't a good way to fit hazard control without compromising the team's offensive synergy. the main concept though is to overwhelm your opponent before your pokemon die to chip damage or get swept trying. it is a high risk high reward play style and promotes a lot of thoughtful play, which is why it is so much fun to play. anyways like i said above this is probably my favorite team of the generation so i encourage people to mess around with it on ladder, thanks for reading and have a good day

im going to try to remember everyone but am too lazy to write out individual ones, if i fw you im sure i have vocalized it to you and if not then you'll find out soon i guess (if you think i missed you im really sorry just hmu and ill pass judgement D:)
uu bros - viv, yeezy, juuno, sage, donny, faded, drew, bebo, misa, guacc, pif, mengy, accel, draconic, shiba, miraklez, kink, km, safa, euph, st. ihi, martha, bob etc.
om bros - go money mags $$$ all of you are bros + bh friends :)
coffee combined with chocolate lovers - y'all know who you are ily all (especially chlo volky and tcot and ITH !!!!)
theyneverlisten - y'all know who you are my baguette friends, yung dro, alcoholic fatman bhris, father cbu, and many others o7
lobby friends - love my staff team especially tenshi and flare
fellow nest-dwellers - i love you guys you are all supportive and awesome and its a blast talking to you
rnr - realest room ever no cap love u keri, geoff, eos, omega, fk, sparky, trickweeb <3
iki town idols - go iki town idols

thanks for reading !
s/o Tenshi Nagae for high quality banner

Last edited:
The team is fantastic PinkDragonTamer ! I liked it a lot..... But just one thing, why justified ability on a special lucario? I mean you can use either inner focus or steadfast instead.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
The team is fantastic PinkDragonTamer ! I liked it a lot..... But just one thing, why justified ability on a special lucario? I mean you can use either inner focus or steadfast instead.
you’re right those are technically more helpful but running justified could potentially help bluff a physical set - really the only realistic flinch scenario would be vs drei dark pulse and the bluff is a bit better imo - hope that helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)