Dodrio Cup - Week 1 Pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
:xy/dodrio: :xy/dodrio: :xy/dodrio:
Welcome to week 1 of the first Smogon VGC Dodrio Cup! We managed to fill out 72 teams with 5 free agent substitutes remaining. Now that we have complete data on the total number of teams in this tournament, allow me to break it down...

TOURNAMENT FORMAT
Teams have been separated into 12 pools (based on Kanto towns + Sevii islands) with 6 teams each. Each week you will be required to play the team you have been paired with. The best performing team in each pool will move on to the bracket. For seeding purposes, overall game records will count! Winning your team's set 3-0 instead of 2-1 is very important for deciding the tiebreakers, as it could make the difference between making it out of pools or being one of the four teams to get a round 1 bye in the top cut!

As a reminder, this tournament uses Ranked Battle Series 8 Rules. Players will play each other in a Best of Three WITH team lock ON (if you're new to VGC tournaments, this is standard practice). And of course, don't break Dodrio Clause. If your teammates are using a Pokemon, don't use that same Pokemon unless it's a different form! It's that simple!

SCHEDULING AND REPORTING RESULTS
You are free to schedule with your opponents however, but the best way to do this is going to be either 1) A smogon PM with all 6 match players or 2) leaving a message on your opponent's VM wall. A fair bit of this tournament's participants either are new to Smogon, or are back to using Smogon again after a long hiatus, so here's a helpful video by teal6 on scheduling for Smogon tournaments. In the result of one player making an effort to schedule with no response, said player will be rewarded activity. If neither player makes an effort to schedule, the match victor will be determined at the result of a coinflip.

Every player is required to post their own match results and replays. Not posting replays will result in your match getting coinflipped!!!

SOME ADVICE
To be sure that you don't find yourself accidentally violating Dodrio Clause (teamwide species clause), I would recommend putting a discord together with your team! Organizing it like this (below) is very helpful to make sure you keep everything organized. Schedule with your opponents early in order to avoid activity disputes, and have fun! Free agent teams, I would send a PM to your teammates if they don't reach out to you first. I would advise getting each others' discords from there and and doing the same sort of setup.
1612140538483.png

Kampung Good What [3-0, 6-0] vs (N/A) [0-3, 0-6]
EvanSmoakVGC vs 319phoenix
kimnaise vs PrtzlMan
Asada Shino San vs Yveltql

The Winners [3-0, 6-1] vs Brexit Barraskewdas [0-3, 1-6]
JackPilotF2 vs Dr Gekko
TJBP_Erry vs AndyTelf
Gon_Churrero vs Macmood

KJ and the Chicken [2-1, 5-2] vs Armed Woopers [1-2, 2-5]
kjchickenn vs Fliipturn
Tiddvicious vs Pyroedd
TwistedGengar vs Alive97

Mimimikyu vs (N/A) Free Agents
vuanotto vs BigDaddyPhatSack
Lukey vs bobthunder_
fr3d vs Chemistr

WhoLee vs 3 Guys 0 Clue
Drogba In Shenhua[/USER] vs The Mastodon
Wss vs Hobbit_jr98
Barbatos Lupus Rex vs Articuno man

green green orange juice vs Regirock for President
baaaaaat vs MrQuality
Zelda
vs HitmonJon
AldrichYan vs hibradmajors

Team Deez Nuts vs Sweater Gang
squirrelboyVGC vs YoshiandLugia
JHufself vs SableyeVGC
ellehazy
vs mrgabeandwatch

Banded Snarl Gang vs Hi I'm
Bananers7 vs LightCoreVGC
Noocha vs Silensum
Shu0910 vs Chained chomper

Chansey Bantsey vs Dialga Dominion
MogarChu vs Nightfront
PinkSylvie vs ways45
Butch Hardnight vs DanielName

Gucci Belts vs Tropical Tsareenas
blckkkkkk vs mimikyusolitario
2thyfor vs Z3RO1
AegisCave
vs Evelyie

Anime Pillow Huggers!!!!! vs Max no skill
NotErick vs Roto
ZekromZeke vs Mandby
EclipseOwlVGC
vs Woodtofu

Sadistic Seniors vs super duper epic elite fortnite gaming
StriiderVGC vs Raineko
MooneVGC vs JagSamurott
Asurah vs zeefable

Triumvirate vs Registeel Lovers
Giokio vs Tomatoes
Imprettyhateful vs Kirboof
Mastrota89 vs DarkraiNJB

N/A vs Chansey Enthusiats
Dragonpiley007 vs JoanG
Karnisbroke vs JustinSnores
zxyr vs rocknrola

The Orbeatles vs El Under
AmbrosioMX vs Arekusabi
Sir Zordor
vs DarkJorch
Bred vs Teka

#FreeMarsh vs N/A (Free Agents)
AuraRayquaza vs PBAP
AtmosphereVGC vs ttr
Animus vs Mr.Bossaru

Tiny Napkins vs Tipsy Spindas
Meerko vs powerjuice
Explozen vs scottnorroh
RuruViGiCi vs TheSquigglyFish

N/A vs Driftveil City Duelists
C-Tiki vs Prof. Mismag
RollAcosta
vs radlup
Gemz vs killerscorp942

Ice Haus Edgelords vs Squirtle Squad
Dandy★ vs Kiki_kiaraz
dev611 vs InfamousChris4
Young Robot
vs CamDVGC

Maruja Squad vs :pikastare:
PokeSol_ vs Atrix MJ
Puncho vs Nurul
Mako69 vs kidusrox

Christian Minecraft Server vs Green Tauros Society
SceneDiddy vs TheThatch
RachelWithCats vs R.Sigma
ItsaMeHario
vs P McGee

sub list - subs are free agents that signed up later in the week or mentioned activity issues. you are also welcome to sign up as a sub player/team during week 1!

You will have until 11:59 GMT -5 on Sunday 2/7 to post your replays. Managers, if your team players still don't have Smogon accounts, please remind them to do so and message their opponents their contact information. A reminder that each player must post their own replays and all teams must have Smogon accounts by the end of week 1 in order to avoid being dropped from the tournament!! As always, PM me if you have any questions at any time during the duration of the tournament, I will be more than happy to help you.

If you're in need of some team ideas, the sample teams thread is open for business!. Other resources, notably speed tiers, can be found in the Series 8 Discussion & Resources thread!

Good Luck Have Fun c:

Last edited:
Question with regards to our pairings:

Is it expected that the players in the "Player A" columns, as per your spreadsheet, in any pairing are facing each other, and the same for "Player B" and "Player C", or is it at the discretion of the team captains as to which member will face the opposing member?

Thanks

I suggested a time to play my opponent for today but they haven't responded in 3 days. I did talk with them but I haven't heard from them since our first talk

Last edited:
No replays but i have screenshots.
First screen shot is of Tapu Wooloo's team from earlier this week. Second screen shot is of my screen vs Ironcondria. I will also post convo we had in chat

Attachments

Reactions: zee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)