ORAS OU Does It Look Like I'm Here?

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.

Introduction

Hi everyone, Dr Ciel here. It's been almost two years since I made my last RMT thread for ORAS, & the meta has changed a ton with all the suspect tests & subsequent bans of top tier threats. Like I said, it's been quite a long time since I've contributed to the RMT forum & looking over it since the new year has have made me realize one thing in particular. The thing being that the ratio of good to mediocre / average RMT's was way lower than it used to be. Anyways, let's move on quickly to the team. This team has been one I've been using since about late January - early February & it's served me well throughout all the meta-game changes. Team is based around Swords Dance Lucario, a B- rank threat in the viability rankings, & a rather overlooked threat in the meta right now. The Pokemon's nicknames come from the Album Does It Look Like I'm Here? by the Ambient band Emeralds. Without further ado, here's the team! Enjoy.

Team At A Glance

The Team In Detail

Access Granted (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Explosion
Landorus-Therian is an excellent Pokemon in the meta right now because of it's offensive & defensive capabilities. I chose the offensive set because it perfectly fits the offensive nature of my team. Landorus-Therian was actually the last Pokemon to be added to my team because I was looking for a solid SR that could do a some early game damage & since Azelf is dedicated to Hyper Offensive teams, Landorus-Therian was my choice. I went with Adamant with Max Attack to do as much damage as possible. 188 Speed outruns common "leads" & switch-ins, most notably Jolly Bisharp & Dragonite, with the rest thrown in HP for bulk. STAB Earthquake coming off of 427 Attack puts a huge dent in anything that doesn't resist it. Stone Edge hits Talonflame & Thundurus, two solid threats to my team. Knock Off hits Latios & Gengar while also harshly crippling Chansey, stripping it of its precious Eviolite. Explosion + Normal Gem is an absolutely devastating combo, putting huge dents in opposing walls so its teammates can blow through them with ease.

It Doesn't Arrive (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Raikou is a pretty underrated threat right now, coming up from the UU tier in the last tier shift due to usage, he definitely deserves the usage he gets. Raikou is the first part of my Volt-Turn core & is my check to the Water & Flying typed Pokemon that threaten my team. I went with the standard 252 / 252 spread with a Timid nature, allowing it to outrun relevant threats. Thunderbolt is an excellent spammable STAB that hits extremely hard off of 493 Special Attack. Volt Switch is the move that will be clicked the most out of any move on the set, allowing Raikou to pivot of stuff like Chansey & lets me switch in my physical threats. Hidden Power Ice is nice to hit Ground types that are immune to Thunderbolt & Volt Switch, most notably Landorus-T, Gliscor, Garchomp, & Hippowdown. It also deals solid damage to Dragon types as well. Shadow Ball is used to hit Latias harder than any other move on the set & is Raikou's best shot at dealing damage to Excadrill.

Candy Shoppe (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

In my honest opinion, Roost + 3 Attacks Mega Scizor is the absolute best Mega Scizor in the meta, no doubt about it. Scizor is the second part of my Volt-Turn core. This Scizor is able to lure in several threats, most notably Heatran & Skarmory, & using U-Turn to quickly pivot out of them, & go to the appropriate Pokemon. The EV spread is geared towards sponging hits from the likes of the Lati Twins, Gengar, & the like. 96 Attack EVs along with an Adamant nature gives Scizor some extra punch on It's STAB attacks. Roost is the key move on this set, providing Scizor a solid form of recovery. U-Turn is an excellent move for pivoting out of common threats to it, the most notable of which being Heatran & Skarmory. Bullet Punch is another STAB move that is spammable, hitting the omnipresent Fairies, while also getting solid neutral coverage on most Pokemon in the metagame. Pursuit is another excellent move, being able to trap the likes of Latios, Latias, & Mega Gardevoir.

The Cycle Of Abuse (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower

Dragonite has gotten better & better as the generations have gone along, being the cream of the crop in OU. I picked Dragonite as my wallbreaker because it has excellent synergy with Starmie & Lucario. Once again, a standard 252 / 252 spread with an Adamant Nature to increase its Attack to a sky high level of 604. Outrage is the main STAB move on the set, getting excellent neutral coverage, while also hitting some of the less bulky Steel types, including Scizor for heavy amounts of damage. ExtremeSpeed is a solid +2 priority move that hits hard, being able to pick off weakened opponents, while also being able to even 2HKO some more frail Pokemon. Thunder Punch was an interesting choice for me, as it's able to hit Azumarill, which usually beats Dragonite for copious amounts of damage, while also getting coverage against opposing Skarmory. Superpower nails the likes of Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Bisharp, & Heatran for super effective damage, being able to OHKO Tyranitar & Bisharp.

Genetic (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Starmie, along with Dragonite, is a Pokemon that keeps getting better & better no matter how much the meta changes. I chose Starmie as a partner to Lucario, being able to eliminate its checks with high powered attacks, while also being my offensive Rapid Spinner. I chose Analytic to do stupid amounts of damage due to the switches Starmie forces. Standard run-of-the-mill EV spread with 29 HP IV's to reduce Life Orb damage. Hydro Pump is the main STAB move, getting solid neutral coverage on the meta, doing copious amounts of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Ice Beam is a solid coverage move that hits Dragon & Grass types for super effective damage. Thunderbolt is an excellent move for hitting most Water types for super effective damage, while also forming the infamous BoltBeam combo, which has excellent coverage on most of the meta along with Hydro Pump. Rapid Spin, obviously, is for team support by removing hazards from my teams side of the field.

Double Helix (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Finally, we come to the star of the show, one of the most underrated Pokemon in the Over Used meta in my opinion, Swords Dance Lucario. If it wasn't already completely obvious, Lucario is the star & sweeper of my team. After a Swords Dance, absolutely nothing aside from bulky Water types can take a boosted STAB move. Once again, you standard run-of-the-mill EV spread with 29 IV's in HP to reduce Life Orb damage. Swords Dance is an excellent set up move that boosts Lucario's Attack stat to a stupidly high 700. Close Combat is the main STAB move, being able to OHKO a majority of the meta after Stealth Rocks. ExtremeSpeed is a very important move, as it has a higher priority than Thundurus's Prankster, & Talonflame's Gale Wings, being able to swiftly OHKO them both, while also being able to pick off weakened foes. The last move on the set, Iron Tail is another solid STAB move, being able to OHKO the omnipresent Fairy types after a boost.

Closing Words, & Shout-Outs, & Importable

I feel like this is one of my most successful teams. I'm not usually that good at teambuilding, so I'm surprised at how this turned out! Hope to see you guys on my next RMT!

Recreant Decided to put you first cause you're a true friend. Also stop avatar changing. >:

bludz Thanks for helping me out with my teambuilding. You're a cool dude.

GrimoireGod Literally worse than SketchUp Cool dude that got me into PU.

astroboy Keep plugging those 8 tracks my friend.

DarkNostalgia Keep in being the huge presence in the OU forum that you are.

firehusky Put you last because you're the worst. n_n Jk, you're amazing!

tab I have literally the hugest crush on you.

Access Granted (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Explosion

It Doesn't Arrive (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Candy Shoppe (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

The Cycle Of Abuse (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower

Genetic (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Double Helix (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Iron Tail

WoW doesn't cripple his Starmie and Raikou,js.

Anyway Ciel,pretty nice team you got there.

Suggestions:
  • Assault Vest>Choice Specs on Raikou.Your team struggles with Landorus-I as it has next to no switch ins which means you'll have to pivot out into mons.Assault Vest Raikou helps you do that rather well although a well played Landorus-I just dents your team.This set:252 SpA/ 32 SpD / 224 Spe.
  • Psyshock>thunderbolt on Starmie,while having BoltBeam coverage is nice,you already have Raikou for that.The only prevalent mono water mons in OU are Starmie and Alomomola,handled by Raikou.You'll also have a hard breaking Conkeldurr as safe switch in opportunities can be limited so Psyshock would be nice to have.
That's all,really nice team btw and I hhope I helped

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Ciel, nice team. :]

I don't have much to comment on because it seems pretty solid. Just one thing: The current Landorus-T spread actually does not outspeed Bisharp, you need 180 Speed for that. Almost screwed me over against a not yet evolved Metagross because I thought I would outspeed lol.

also scarf chandy weak :<

solid team ciel (imo more solid because im mentioned but yknow)
really love the scizor set, gotta try it out.
only real suggestion i can make is running a more defensive starmie spread
maybe more standard but like
Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
that kinda thing. cause i mean dnite really needs hazard removal to perform decently and you need a keld answer that doesnt fear burns

are u a real doctor tho

Last edited:
Cool team bro. Not much to change. All the big that's are well covered and 3 strong priority users make sure that northing sweeps you at a moment notice with offensive pressure.
I agree with grimoiregod about EVing so that landorus-t outspeeds Bisharp.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Agreeing with pretty much everything above. Conkeldurr seems to be an issue, so I would suggest Psyshock>T-bolt/Ice Beam on Starmie - still beats Keldeo. Gr8 team ciel, and ty for the shoutout :)))))

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
I give shoutouts but I dont get any WTF is that? JK Cool team but imo I would change iron tail on lucario to Poison jab to do more damage to fairy types. And change T-Bolt on starmie to psyshock to hit conkeldurr. Hope I helped also Jirachee stop a douche and deleting my comments :]

Time For my say on things. First off fantastic team ive had the luck to see you use it so i know how much hard work you put into it. Normal gem lando-t is explosive to say the least. Great use of lucario as well very underated currently but still pretty fantastic. Other then that something to possibly consider is steadfast on lucario as it has a small niche allowing you to switch in on mega lops fake outs and allows you to get a free sd possibly. But its pretty niche so just something to consider. Other then that however i dont really see much that needs fixing besides maybe making luke jolly to outspeed a few things like manaphy with 303 speed or mold breaker drill of course again just something too think about and is really minor. Other then that fantastic team kinda wish i helped you out more while you were still testing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)