Pokémon Donphan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Donphan is a strange case because he's extremely close to OU usage if we run the old baseline (and basically everything that isn't 1760) and he doesn't even appear on the viability list. If Donphan's name was mentioned on the viability thread as even D or C rank he'd be OU by usage numbers alone and Smogon knows this. As much as I hate to say it, closing the elephant's thread would be more for dislike rather than the fact that no one uses him.
It's more because of Sturgeon's Law and possible anime fanboyism, and whoever said "team synergy" was in Donphan's favor doesn't know shit about teambuilding. There is virtually no reason to use this thing over Excadrill, who can actually threaten a ton of shit while still being able to Spin. Also, someone please close this thread, this thing isn't OU viable AT ALL.

There is virtually no reason to use this thing over Excadrill.
I've found Excadrill's steel typing to be an Achilles heel pretty much every time I've attempted to use him. Everything he's supposedly able to stop has a solid chance to screw him over, including Donphan himself. Granted, I really don't know jack about Donphan, but in the proper place (which probably aint this thread) I'll happily drone on about how Excadrill in general is stupidly overrated.

It's more because of Sturgeon's Law and possible anime fanboyism, and whoever said "team synergy" was in Donphan's favor doesn't know shit about teambuilding. There is virtually no reason to use this thing over Excadrill, who can actually threaten a ton of shit while still being able to Spin. Also, someone please close this thread, this thing isn't OU viable AT ALL.
I can see some reasons to use Donphan over Excadrill and that is if you're team has more than 2 Pokemons who are weak to fire and doesn't have enough Pokemons who resist fire, but thats about it. (And Heatran can solve that issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)