Don't approach me :3

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion

At a glance

Intro
Knowing that there will be a smogon tour I decided that I have to make a new team and try to win or at least get as far as possible. It was my first tournament and sadly I got haxed out in Round 1, but it is ok, there are other Smogon tours anyway. So I wanted to find something that totally fits my playingstyle and decided to go for Spike-stacking offense, as usual. This has worked best for me. I started with using Dragonite. Then I wanted to have a lure + kill for heatran and decided to use Scizor. Usually Scizor does not kill tran, but mine works :3. Then I needed spikes and the best spiker for offensive teams is always Roserade. The next pokemon was a randomly choosen Lucario. Now with all these offensive Pokemon I had to fix some weaks and to get something to check common boosting pokemon. Decided to go for suicune, because of Gyarados and co. I saw that I had a lack of Stealth Rocks and that a spinner would be great against stall and because of nites rock weak, but I didn't want to have something that costs a lot of momentum and Donphan is the perfect Pokemon for that. This team is like my other 2 minutes teams, except for the fact that this team is at least somehow decent. It is basicly about a lategame nite sweep and that is also kinda everything this relies on. have fun reading the RMT :3

The team

Lucario (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Counter
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed

• [*]Description:
    I decided to lead with Lucario because I wanted something that can prevent rocks against Heatran, kill Azelf and beat the common leads 1on1. I don't care if they get the rocks out and then die because I have a spinner anyway. This Pokemon also revenge kills in midgame, because with the sash it is often going to be alive in midgame too, and if I manage to leave him at full health against , let's say heatran, I can pull of a lategame counter and make the opponent rage. Lucario is really cool and I love taking out Rotoms with a random crunch while not knowing the opponents team. I do that when I see a Heatran lead, I randomly use crunch, because they are often paired with starmie and rotom. This is also good against scarfttar, often giving me a freekill when he stone edges or pursuits my roserade or my suicune. Lucario is pretty useful and it has often revenge killed +2 gyarados for me or just randomly killed Starmie with a midgamesash. I like that.
    [*]EVs, Item and Moves:
    252 Atk and speed EVs because nothing else makes sense. I need the 252 speed evs to outspeed heatran with a + nature and 252 adamant just let it hit hard. Now for the interesting part. Focus sash and Counter makes swampert and gliscor rage and it just donks at least one Pokemon if I manage to get the midgamesash active. Close Combat for the obvious STAB and stronf attacking move. Crunch is a coverage move, against Azelf, Starmie and rotom. Extremspeed as Priority move and to finish sashed Pokemon. Lucario as lead is awesome, it definitly deserves mroe love. I wanted to use a weird mixed set with HP grass against swampert, but tomahawk9 suggested me to use Counter.
    [*]Possible Changes:
    None I can think off at the moment.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

• [*]Description:I just realized that I use Suicune on quite a lot of my teams, but that is for a reason. It is probably the best offensive Pokemon that checks Gyarados and Dragonite. And it has really a lot of bulk, its speed is decent and it has calm mind to get a decent special attack. It is not supposed to sweep, it should just weaken swampert, other suicunes and probably defensive rotoms. But the main reason I choosed this pokemon are set up sweeper. Offensive teams like mine usually get destroyed by DD Taunt Gyarados or by Scarftran and that is the reason I decided to take suicune in my team. It does not work on this team like it did on my other teams, but that is because this time I run leftovers and not life orb, because I have the feeling that I need it and that it fits better with Roar.
    [*]EVs, Item and Moves:
    With 192 Speed EVs I reach 279 and that is enough to outspeed max speed heatran and to tie with neutral base 90's. I am thinking of giving it one extra EV, just to outspeed adamant Lucario, but since they are rare anyway and I cannot touch roserade I think that would be Pointless. With maximal special attack it can hit decent and the other EVs are randomly put into HP, as usual. I was thinking about changing the EV spread to one with maximal HP, but then I won't be able to do enough damage to Gyarados and I might risk getting swept. Hydropump is the STAB and the attacking move I usually use. Hidden Power [Electric] is used against Starmie switch ins and especially against Gyarados. With Roar I can get some extra spikes damage and then I can easier kill with Dragonite. That works especially against Starmie, which takes quite a lot from Extremspeed and it switches often into Suicune so it gets roared out more often than anything else. I don't use Ice beam, because I have Roserade against Celebi/Shaymin and because I need HP Electric way more.
    [*]Possible Changes:
    I was thinking of using Life Orb instead of leftovers, because I miss the power a Life orb set has and I was also thinking of using Ice beam > calm mind but then I will lose to other Suicunes pretty hard and also I won't be able to kill rotom that good as I am with calm mind. Please your opinions on this.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

• [*]Description:Donphan is my spinner and hazard setter. Donphan is quite useful in DP OU, because it is a great switch in to Tyranitar and Scizor, and a base 120 attack let it hit like a truck. With Head Smash and Earthquake you hit close to anything for at least neutral damage and you have moves with 150 power including the STAB on EQ. With Head smash I also do have a chance of beating Rotom, when I manage to hit it at the switch in and do 66% - 78% damage, so that they won't switch it in the next time without thinking. I wanted to have a spinner, because Nite does not appreciate being weakend by rocks. It can stay an Ice Fang from gliscor without rocks and it can also set up on gyarados without rocks. Donphan is also my only answer to DD Tyranitar and basicly to any Tyranitar sets, because I cannot rely on Lucario being alive in Midgame, although he often is. Honestly I don't know what else to say about it, it is likely the shittiest Pokemon on this team and I would love to replace him with something better.
    [*]EVs, Item and Moves:
    8 Speed evs because Speed creep. Max attack because hitting hard is always good and the others bumped into HP because it needs the bulk and investing in speed is senseless anyway. Earthquake as a STAb, Head smash for breaking ghosts. Stealth rocks, because they are always useful and rapid spin, just because I need it for dragonite and against stall. Leftovers because a kind of recovery is needed.
    [*]Possible Changes:
    I was wondering if I should try Lum Berry over leftovers to beat the spinblocker, but I am unsure if I will beat them and if I will have the opportunity to spin aways after loosing so much health on the spinblocker.

Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 228 HP / 28 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Spikes
- Rest
- Sludge Bomb

• [*]Description:
    Queen Roserade is by far the most awesome Pokemon on this team. It is just great for spikestacking offense. I need spikes, because with hazards nite can kill a lot of it's checks at +1 and to donk people without a spinner. Roserade sets up on so much stuff it is not even funny. Jolteon, Vaporeon, Suicune, other Roserades etc etc. It has a really nice special attack and base 90 speed isn't that bad too. I use this as a Heatran lure. I also need it to check Shaymin and Celebi, to check Zapdos and to be awesome in general. Roserade is also my status absorber, my rotom switch in and much more. It is great in combination with Suicune since they have a lot of bulk, while not costing me momentum. Also nobody expects it to hit that hard, while still being bulky. Roserade is just awesome on any team.
    [*]EVs, Item and Moves:
    I need maximal speed to reach 279 and to outspeed Heatran. First I had max special attack here but then I decided that I need bulk and went for 228 HP. 228 Because it is better for the life orb so you take only 21 recoil damage and the others are bumped into special attack. Life orb to be able to KO Heatrans. Then I have hidden power [Ground] to donk heatrans, nobody expects that and it I need tran removed for my dragonite, because it is terribly walled by it. Sludge Bmb, because I wanted a STAB and Leaf storm isn't legal with Spikes. It also hits the grass pokemon and Zapdos for good damage. Rest to get back at full health and to be a king when coming in again.
    [*]Possible Changes:
    Using energy ball or giga drain or whatever > rest. Using leftovers is not legit because it cannot KO tran with them and it would not be that awesome

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
- Substitute
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

• [*]Description: Another Heatran lure, back up sweeper, and a check to anything that does not ressist Bullet Punch and has got only average bulk. I kind of use this to beat special defensive skarmory too. It is a good lure for ScarfHeatran, because when the People don't see leftovers they expect Choice Band and I can sub and Superpower it away. It does not work as good as I imagined it, but it still a decent back up sweeper, if I had to sacrifie nite in midgame. It can also help revenge killing. You can never have enough Priority.
    [*]EVs, Item and Moves:
    8 Speed EVs to outspeed common Vaporeon. People never get that every Vaporeon needs 12 speed evs, so that 8 Speed scizor can't just randomly u turn without taking damage. Maximal attack and adamant because it is a sweeper and with life orb does it does a lot after a sword dance, even to ressisting Pokemon. Sword Dance is the obvious boosting move and substitute is to beat heatran switch ins and to have easier predictions. It kinda sucks, but it is often the only was to beat Scarfheatrans.
    [*]Possible Changes:
    I was thinking of using Wacan Berry and Natural gift > Sword dance, because resttalk gyarados in combination with a special defensive wall just annoys me, but that cannot OHKO anyway so I am not sure if it is worth being used. I would not mind replacing scizor as whole and using something that breaks stall effective but I can't think of something that might fit.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed​

• [*]Description:
    Now the Pokemon this team was based on. Dragonite is likely the best phyisical sweeper in DP OU and pretty close to being broken. At +1 it can 2HKO Scizor with Outrage, it does about 70 to flygon with Extremespeed and even more to starmie, it 2HKO's heatran after rocks and so many pokemon are just OHKO'd it is not even funny. Fire Punch does a lot to skarmory, it is just not totally reliable as a counter to it at +1, because when it is the last Pokemon it cannot be whirlwinded out and brave bird is not enough to kill. Playing with this team basicly means removingor weakening Flygon, killing Heatran and Scizor, weakening Skarmory and sweeping. I can kill all of its counters easily and the only pokemon that manages to revenge kill it sometimes is Flygon, because I just don't expect it by knowing the opponents team. People really use this on every random team where it does not even fit. Sometimes I have to bring it in in midgame to revenge kill something like a weakend starmie or whatever, but that does not happen often. Really the only thing this REALLY has troubles with is ResttalkGyarados for me.
    [*]EVs, Item and Moves:
    192 speed EVs to outspeed base 115 and Scarftyranitar at +1 maximal attack and adamant because it hits strong and the others bumped into HP. Outrage + Lum berry is a great combination and Fire punch donks jirachis and skarmorys. Extremespeed against scarfer like Flygon, Infernape etc etc.
    [*]Possible Changes:
    None atm

Outro
This team can check pretty much anything and it is easy to play, but I have a terrible Stallweak against KG stall or similar teams I just struggle and this team is, as every team I make, Zapdos weak, the best thing I can do is sludge bomb with roserade. Have fun using this team and rating it. I apologize for any grammar and spelling mistakes I made and I hope you enjoyed reading the rmt.

~Temptation

The Importable​
Lucario (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Counter
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- ExtremeSpeed

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 228 HP / 28 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Spikes
- Rest
- Sludge Bomb

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
- Substitute
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)