Dota 2

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The only problem is if you die a lot because Eth is 2 components that cost quite a bit. But you shouldn't be dying a lot and Eth + Dagon is strong.

Also AA no longer in Navi O.o

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Meh I wanted hvost out of NaVi so badly, I feel bad for Smile. I just think Puppey was restricting his picks a lot recently. I miss his times back at the old virtus pro.

Meh I wanted hvost out of NaVi so badly, I feel bad for Smile. I just think Puppey was restricting his picks a lot recently. I miss his times back at the old virtus pro.
Xboct is amazing, ot sure why people want to see him crucified. When Navi tries, Xboct plays amazing. Did you see his last PL game? Dendi said that he was the most skilled player on the team, Puppy said he was the best at CS period. He plays well when Navi tries.

So apparently Abaddon, Skwrath, and Bristlebogback's skills are all coded into the game and you can sorta play them in the test client if you use an external program to give them models.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig4goRzyBZw

1) Download the scripts in the video description (the download page is in russian, if you can't find the link there it's the link that days D2VOHEROES.RAR just above the embedded youtube thing)

2) copy the pak01_dir.vpk from your steam/steamapps/common/dota 2 test/dota folder to the folder you downloaded

2.5) edit the bat file in the download with notepad and change the paths to the location of the folder (or just extract the rar to your C drive which is where it defaults to)

3) run the bat file

4) move the updated .vpk file back where you found it and put the scripts folder there too

Abaddon's skills don't have particles yet, but Skywrath and Bristlebackbog do. They're obviously still a work in progress and a bit buggy, of course (Skywrath's arcane bolts don't disappear after he hits someone, for example).

In unrelated news, Tauren Chieftain's been confirmed to be renamed to Elder Titan in Dota 2 (which sounds way better anyway).

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Xboct is amazing, ot sure why people want to see him crucified. When Navi tries, Xboct plays amazing. Did you see his last PL game? Dendi said that he was the most skilled player on the team, Puppy said he was the best at CS period. He plays well when Navi tries.
more like when na'vi is winning.

xboct has consistently poor positioning and judgment. all he's good for is farming and winning a game that has largely been won.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
^
some recent star ladder matches where he plays lifestealer are exactly this. He dives in to multiple heroes as his team appears to be retreating and gets them owned ;-;

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
K so today was the first time I played Clockwerk and he was pretty fun, but I was unsure of how to build him. I went solo offlane, Cogs first, and maxed Flare and then Assault. Itemwise, Wand, Phase, Vanguard, Aghs, Blademail in that order. Since I was playing with my beginner-ish friend, I could be a bit less serious with the items and stuff so I wanted Aghs to throw out more hooks. However, what would a more normal build go? I think the guides are outdated since Cogs first is what I see Clocks do, but the guides don't get it. Etc. What are some good offlane builds?

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
anybody heard anything about gomtv picking up dota? how many koreans even play this game?

K so today was the first time I played Clockwerk and he was pretty fun, but I was unsure of how to build him. I went solo offlane, Cogs first, and maxed Flare and then Assault. Itemwise, Wand, Phase, Vanguard, Aghs, Blademail in that order. Since I was playing with my beginner-ish friend, I could be a bit less serious with the items and stuff so I wanted Aghs to throw out more hooks. However, what would a more normal build go? I think the guides are outdated since Cogs first is what I see Clocks do, but the guides don't get it. Etc. What are some good offlane builds?
Depends on the skill level and individual game. Unlike some heroes that have one set skillbuild (QoP/Zeus/Lina come to mind), Clock can go a variety of paths to fit his goals in lane.

Generally you want more points in Rocket for the following reasons:
-You can't get in lasthit range and want to use it to farm.
-You want to counterpush/harass or put pressure on other lanes.
-You want good killing potential without needing to get into melee range.
-You want to block neutral spawns (yes, it does this).

Cogs always require at least 1 level early, as 5 seconds of disable is incredible and you can use it to escape. But take more levels if:
-You're trying to use it to harass/manaburn a melee/short range opponent (i.e. laning against Naix, Luna).
-Your allies deal so much damage that the extra 1 second of disable is worthwhile (rare).

You always want a single level of Battery, but take more levels if:
-You can get into melee range with a single opponent and want to deal more damage to them.

Most competitive(-esque) games will call for max Rocket first, as the cooldown and damage improve per level, allowing you to stand back and get easy lasthits. Once midgame comes along, you can get some gold just by spamming it to push/counterpush lanes, and in engagements you can slowly wear down your opponents with a low-damage but large AoE nuke. If your opponents are pushing early, you can weaken creepwaves with it as well.

Rockets maxed first are preferred to Battery Assault or Cogs, as usually you can't get a full Battery Assault off on a single hero. The enemy would come to a lone hero's aid or otherwise cast some spell to prevent you from getting the cogs off (like Disruption or activating an escape/blink/etc).

Cogs maxed first can be used against a melee-heavy lineup (or during a prolonged laning phase against a melee opponent with little pressure), but this is relatively uncommon. The disable is constant on levels and the duration is already 5 seconds at level 1. With more levels, you can manaburn and damage enemies more, but they're still unlikely to walk into it.

Standard build:
1. Rockets/Cogs
2. Cogs/Rockets
3. Battery
4. Rockets
5. Rockets
6. Hook
7. Rockets
8-10. Battery
11. Hook
12-14: Cogs
15. Stats
16. Hook
17-25. Stats

As far as items go start with like a Stout Shield 3x branches and Consumables. Drums is pretty much bread and butter on clock. Depending on the enemies team comp there is a number of routes you can go on him, though.. Assuming they have a lot of heavy spell damage a Pipe of Insight is a very strong item on him because you can just Pipe+Drum your entire team then initate with Hookshot for an easy teamwipe. Aghanims Scepter is also very strong on him although if you do get one it is recommended you go Arcane Boots for spammability. Vanguard is ok too but Id only get it if you are really far ahead as its main purpose is for like aggressive tower dives.Best to just leave it as a casual Stout Shield in my opinion.Edit: Also there is urn.

Itemwise, Wand, Phase, Vanguard, Aghs, Blademail in that order
I prefer Necronomicon level 3 > Vanguard, works really well together with Cogs, gives you mana, pretty good hp still, helps you farm up Aghs, and is of course a really awesome item in general for mid-game.

necro 3 is an over 5000 gold investment while vanguard is 2225 gold. For a quick, mid game survival item, vanguard is the best, but if you are extremely ahead, that necrobook will just further increase that lead. Especially if they have invis units.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
Sweet thanks for the help, and I'll definitely try Necro. I don't think Vanguard is that good of an item :/

Vanguard is no longer a good item on any hero, sadly. The last few versions have seen increased damage on both carries and spells (reducing the effectiveness of static block) and introduced cheap regen (Urn, TB), so two of Vanguard's components are diminished in value. Also, the metagame has trended towards fast teamfights with heavy AoE spells, making individual survivability items less valuable. Surviving on your own does little good if the rest of the team is wiped out by the initial salvo.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
no one gets vanguard after tranquil boots got introduced lol

max q on clockwerk is good if you're solo mid. offlane will mostly want max e

mana boots bottle stout wand early into mek if no one else is getting it and u get it before 20 minutes. if you can get aghs before 30 to 35 ish get it otherwise get a blademail into a possible ghost scepter depending on their lineup.

i disagree with drums being bread and butter on him, it works, but you can often get better things. this is coming from someone who loves drums. necro 3 isn't that good on him either, he can't get it fast enough.

Elaborating on what Poppy said, all teams need a Mek by midgame, as it's highly cost effective and a great tactical item. Supports can't farm it, so it's up to your semi-carry to build it. Arcane Boots support the manacost and provide your team the mana to push or defend.

Necro is often too slow to have an impact, and drums aren't needed on Clock as he's likely to die early and doesn't rightclick as much as a carry would.

Phase Boots or Arcane on Clock? I've used both and Phase is nice for setting up Cogs + damage, but Arcane is also good so as to always have mana. What should I get more often than not though?

I personally prefer Arcane Boots on Clock

My bread and butter item on Clock would have to be Blademail - I find that when you get a hook on someone, they tend to try and stun you / kill you ASAP; so you're spreading quite a lot of damage around. It also gives you armor, a bit of int and +damage which is cool.

And obviously Aghs is fucking amazing and you should get it. 12 sec cd hook 2 strong.

too stonk. sb is like one the best initiation tools right now.

you know what else is really good right now? kotl. if you have any decent kotl + any decent carry, you win. period.

I actually dont mind when people buy Shadow Blade its just when people buy it in retarded situations like when the enemy has a BH or when people dont use it to solo farm/split push lanes is when I get mad (which is the case for almost everyone who buys it , go figure.) And I never have tried it yet, but I heard Walrus Punch --> Shadow Blade is a fun time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)